MGS Blog - We Tried it: Footwear Series

On 5/25/2024 at 7:34 AM, Cuzy51 said:

I have tried Puma, although very comfortable, I have been a Footjoy Golf shoe golfer fir 40 years and will continue to be a loyal Footjoy customer 

I reinstate my previous post

I have always been a very loyal Foot Joy customer, again I believe Foot Joy offers the best selection of golf shoes by anyone else on this planet, I am sure they offer a shoe that fits your performance and comfort zone

WITB

Callaway Rouge ST Max D driver

Titleist TSR2 fairway 

Titleist Tsi2 fairway

Titleist TS2 Hybrid

Titleist T300 irons

Vokey Wedges SM8

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

Titleist LinkMaster bag

38 minutes ago, Cuzy51 said:

I reinstate my previous post

I have always been a very loyal Foot Joy customer, again I believe Foot Joy offers the best selection of golf shoes by anyone else on this planet, I am sure they offer a shoe that fits your performance and comfort zone

Do they have US size 13 shoes that aren't looking like they were designed by an alien who wants to destroy humanity by designing bad shoes?

Sorry you feel that way

Go to the Foot Joy web site and search the options

WITB

Callaway Rouge ST Max D driver

Titleist TSR2 fairway 

Titleist Tsi2 fairway

Titleist TS2 Hybrid

Titleist T300 irons

Vokey Wedges SM8

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

Titleist LinkMaster bag

3 hours ago, Jawmusique said:

Has anyone tried anything from Olukai? 

Only what I've seen on IG

WITB-

Driver  -Titleist 910D, 3w- Titleist 910F, 5hy/7hy- Titleist 910H, 6-PW - Stix , 52⁰, 56⁰, 60⁰ - Stix , Putter- AI-ONE DB / Lombardi Tour 34 custom

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

I saw a good deal on New Balance Striker V3 a couple of years ago and couldnt believe the support it gave without any additional insoles. I used to get achy feet as well as a sharp pain in my toes due to most shoes not support my foot enough.

I will be new balance for life now and just picked up a new pair of New Balance Brightons on sale at Golf Town

Driver: Callaway Epic Max LS

3 wood - Callaway Rogue Max ST

5 wood - Ram

4 hybrid - Cobra T-rail

Irons (5-AW) - Taylormade Speedblade HL

Wedges, Taylormade Milled Grind 3 56

Putter: Taylormade Spider GT

Bag: Cobra cart bag

Balls: Taylormade TP5 Pix or Bridgestone E12 contact

Tracker: Arccos

• 3 weeks later...

I know it's nothing current, but a couple years ago, I snagged a pair of CodeChaos 21 PrimeBlues, CodeChaos OGs, and a par of Solarmotions for something like $114 delivered!  I use the OG CodeChaos when it's wet out (more of a plastic/rubber upper for water resistance) and the Solarmotions for hitting off mats.  All 3 are comfortable AF and the only time I've experienced any slipping is if the teebox is rock hard and wet from morning dew.

I used to sell shoes at a sporting goods store and when Adidas came out with their Bounce foam, I knew it was going to be a gamechanger.  Turns out I was right as multiple shoe brands have introduced similar materials in their midsoles.  I love how plush they are!

:callaway-small: Epic Flash SZ (9* Xstiff)

:755178188_TourEdge: C720 15* FW (stiff)

:cleveland-small: 588 20.5* 3h

:mizuno-small: MP58 4-PW (std. specs)

:cleveland-small: RTX3 60*,56*,52*

Prairie Golf milled blade

:srixon-small: Z-Star

:Arccos:

Omaha, NE

9 HC, Righty

37 minutes ago, cdewispelare said:

I know it's nothing current, but a couple years ago, I snagged a pair of CodeChaos 21 PrimeBlues, CodeChaos OGs, and a par of Solarmotions for something like $114 delivered!  I use the OG CodeChaos when it's wet out (more of a plastic/rubber upper for water resistance) and the Solarmotions for hitting off mats.  All 3 are comfortable AF and the only time I've experienced any slipping is if the teebox is rock hard and wet from morning dew.

I used to sell shoes at a sporting goods store and when Adidas came out with their Bounce foam, I knew it was going to be a gamechanger.  Turns out I was right as multiple shoe brands have introduced similar materials in their midsoles.  I love how plush they are!

Love the Code Chaos shoes. And the Solarmotion are great summer shoes. 

Driver:  cobralogo.png.60692cdc05482efd83e68664e010b95f.png Aerojet LS, Ventus Velocore+ Blue Shaft - 6S
4 Wood:  callaway.png.e65d398fb0327017a369499fc6126064.png Rogue ST Max 16.5, Tensei White Shaft - 7S
Utility Iron: mizunopro.png.90cc4fb9895830e28063d9a5be416145.png Fli Hi 3-iron, HAZARDOUS Smoke Black Shaft - S
Irons:  mizuno.png.f0e7b21135cb6273b3c1430866904467.png JPX 921 Tour 4-P, Project X Shafts - Stiff 125g
Wedges: cleveland.png.f21f4d2361520fdf1bbd9d515a2f11e6.png 52º, 56º, 60º
Putter:  odyssey.png.58c727e37eb7efda62bce4f7b8881bd9.png Ai-One 7 T CH, 34"
Preferred Ball: srixon.png.f177578dda27a20ef80a0a8b1ae96e3b.png Z-Star Diamond
Pushcart: bagboy.jpg.0dda53b5175958e1b5686f22b90af744.jpg Nitron
Rangefinder: bushnell.jpg.c51debd06066fa243dea7f14d69a8dba.jpg Pro X3+

Anyone tried G4 shoes?  Or Squares (however it's spelled)?

I currently wear Ecco Biom but want another pair for the rotation.  I def do not want that plasticy fake leather upper I see on inexpensive shoes.  

Cleveland TA-3 Forged - 4-9i
Cleveland 588 RTG - PW, GW
Mizuno T24 - SW
Mizuno Tzoid 9degree driver
Adams Assault 13degree 3w
Adams Tight Lies Tour 17 degree 5w
Adams Mission putter