TESTERS WANTED! ×

Would you wear a Rickie Fowler "Sweet and Juicy Outfit" to your club on Saturday?

RoverRick

19 members have voted

1. 1. Would you wear a Rickie Fowler Orange outfit to your club?

This month's MGS prizes include in addition to the regular cool monthly prizes a Cobra Amp driver and a pair of shorts and pants and a hat from Puma. My question is are you man enough to show up at your club wearing a "Kiss My A$ I am a Rickie Fowler wannabe" Orange slacks and shirt on the busiest day of the week to your favorite golfing event.

Me? I do not think I could do it. But could you or would you?

Comments please.

:ping-small:G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small:G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small:G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:taylormade-small:P790 Black 4-A 
on :kbs: TGI 80S

:mizuno-small: ES21 54-8° & 58-12° on :kbs: Hi Rev

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

Driver, 3w, 3H are JumboMax JMX UltraLite XS 

• SPY VIP

I'd do it in a heartbeat, although I prefer the solid orange to the Tech polo to the Swing Duo that Rickie wears. I actually have a pair of plaid PUMAs with matching solid top I wear, and of course, I've got my PUMA Vivid Blue pants as well. All really good stuff.

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

Subscribe to the MyGolfSpy Newsletter

I would love to, but I don't think I could pull it off UNLESS I was a really good golfer. So when people start talking about me I can turn around and say "I've got the game to wear this" :lol:

But seriously, I think appearing to be a pro wannabe brings too much unnecessary pressure. As an average Joe, I couldn't care less if I slice the tee shot OB. But once all eyes are on that outfit, there is no way to go unnoticed and the bad shots are multiplied by x 100.

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

I started to type a paragraph about how I would not wear it, but the more I typed, the more I wanted to wear it. I feel like if I pulled it off, it would give me added confidence B) Sure, it would be embarrassing when people see me and think I am a pro, and I end up shooting well above par (as you can see from my handicap), but at least I would look great doing it!

Inside My Blue Callaway Warbird X Golf Stand Bag:

Driver:Nike SQ 10.5* with Graphite Design Y6+

3W:Cobra S2 14*

4W: Nike SQ Dymo 17*

3H and 4H: Taylormade Rescue 19* and 22*

5H: Cleveland Mashie 23*

6H: Adams a3os Hollow-Back

7Iron-Sand Wedge:Callaway X-20 Series with Callaway Steel

Lob Wedge (60*):Cleveland CG-12 Black Pearl with Cleveland TRaction Steel Wedge Flex

Putter: Odyssey Versa #9

Golfball: Callaway Hex Black Tour

• SPY VIP

I would love to, but I don't think I could pull it off UNLESS I was a really good golfer. So when people start talking about me I can turn around and say "I've got the game to wear this" :lol:

But seriously, I think appearing to be a pro wannabe brings too much unnecessary pressure. As an average Joe, I couldn't care less if I slice the tee shot OB. But once all eyes are on that outfit, there is no way to go unnoticed and the bad shots are multiplied by x 100.

Rookie mistake...you wear the loud clothing to distract attention from an otherwise lousy golf game. Of course, if you dress like Rickie, play from the tips, and spend all day alternating between balls dribbled off the tee, and 200 yard banana slices into the woods, then yeah...people are going to say something.

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

Subscribe to the MyGolfSpy Newsletter

This month's MGS prizes include in addition to the regular cool monthly prizes a Cobra Amp driver and a pair of shorts and pants and a hat from Puma. My question is are you man enough to show up at your club wearing a "Kiss My A$ I am a Rickie Fowler wannabe" Orange slacks and shirt on the busiest day of the week to your favorite golfing event.

Me? I do not think I could do it. But could you or would you?

Comments please.

Are you serious? I am the guy who loves to push the envelope and on the (rare) occasions I am invited to a Member-Guest or Guest Day at Snobby Valley Country Club wear a NASCAR polo with the sleeves preofessionally shortened to show my NASCAR tat, and get out the old Redneck Racing golf bag. Hell, a Fowler outfit would be dressing up for me.

I have a complete puma outfit in the Highlighter green/yellow that I wear every once and a while. It looks awesome and I generally play better when I wear it (thats the show-off inside of me). I'd do the orange in a heart beat.

Driver--Taylormade RBZ Tour 9* Aldila RIP Phenom 65s

Fairway Metal--Taylormade R11s 14* Aldila RIP Phenom 70s

Hybrid--Taylormade RBZ Tour 18.5* RE-AX 85 gram S

Irons--Nike Vr Pro-Combo 4-PW True Temper Dynamic Gold S300

Wedges--Nike SV Tour Forged 50*, 56*, 60* True Temper Dynamic Gold

Putter--Scotty Cameron California Del Mar

Ball--Taylormade Lethal

Grips--Lamkin R.E.L 3Gen (Woods-green, Irons-red, Wedges-white)

I have been thinking about this all afternoon and have decided that while I have virtually no chance of winning these prizes, but if I did I would get a complete Rickie Fowler outfit and wear it not only to the club the first weekend. I would wear it any Sunday when he or any of the "Golf Boys" were in contention. Even though if I wore the orange outfit I would look like the lost member of the Fruit of the Loom underwear commercal.

20 years ago...absolutely!

Today.....not-so-much. I'd look like that creepy middle aged guy trying to be cool again.

The only place I could get away with it would be the opening day of rifle season. That'd be all-right I suppose.

BK

MENTOR, L4 COACH & TRAINER  FIRST TEE GREATER HOUSTON
HDCP: 8.3  (GHIN: 3143312)
In my bag, April 2023
:titelist-small: TS3 Driver & 4 Wood Hzrdous Smoke Shaft (Stiff Flex)
:titelist-small: TS2 Hybrids  Mitsubishi Tensei Shaft (Stiff Flex)
:mizuno-small:  MP-59 5-PW; KBS Tour (Regular Flex)
:titelist-small: SM8 Wedges

EVNROLL ER2  Putter
SRIXON Z-STAR DIAMOND BALL
Sun Mountain Cart Bag
:Clicgear: 4.0 Push Cart (I'm walking 9 outta 10 rounds!!)

I should add that I'd wear either the shorts or the shirt separately...just not together :rolleyes:

MENTOR, L4 COACH & TRAINER  FIRST TEE GREATER HOUSTON
HDCP: 8.3  (GHIN: 3143312)
In my bag, April 2023
:titelist-small: TS3 Driver & 4 Wood Hzrdous Smoke Shaft (Stiff Flex)
:titelist-small: TS2 Hybrids  Mitsubishi Tensei Shaft (Stiff Flex)
:mizuno-small:  MP-59 5-PW; KBS Tour (Regular Flex)
:titelist-small: SM8 Wedges

EVNROLL ER2  Putter
SRIXON Z-STAR DIAMOND BALL
Sun Mountain Cart Bag
:Clicgear: 4.0 Push Cart (I'm walking 9 outta 10 rounds!!)

20 years ago...absolutely!

Today.....not-so-much. I'd look like that creepy middle aged guy trying to be cool again.

The only place I could get away with it would be the opening day of rifle season. That'd be all-right I suppose.

BK

With you on the whole creepy middle-aged guy thing. That said - I'd feel honor-bound to wear said outfit on the course, in full view, if I were fortunate enough to win it. I've been a laughing stock before...

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Absolutely presuming it was blue or green instead of orange. As long as it's tasteful, I have no problem with golf clothes that could help land a plane in a pinch. Multitasking is awesomesauce. Plus if you did help land a plane in distress, I'm sure the fact that you're outfitted in awesome duds would score you some extra brownie points.

I laught at your claims to fight a zombie apocalypse when most of you can't stand up to a Spider

But what if there is a prison break in your area and you are hauled off to jail because of you convict outfit. :)

Rookie mistake...you wear the loud clothing to distract attention from an otherwise lousy golf game. Of course, if you dress like Rickie, play from the tips, and spend all day alternating between balls dribbled off the tee, and 200 yard banana slices into the woods, then yeah...people are going to say something.

Haha I'll admit it is a two-sided issue.

But remember on another topic where we discussed "would you use a staff bag?"

The first thing a lot of people will notice is the guy with the staff bag and start wondering about his game without even seeing him play.

Yeah, most of said we would let the game talking, but I think we would all be lying if that thought didn't cross our minds.

The pro wardrobe would certainly have a similar impact. If you play well, then no extra points for you, because you are supposed to (since you are dressed like a pro). But if you have a shitty game, I think I would never hear the end of it :lol:

If I could shoot in the high 70's or low 80's (top 5% at our club) then I wouldn't hesitate to wear it!

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

I'm a bit tired of Rickie's all orange Sundays. I guess he's turned it into a trademark and now Cobra has hitched themselves to the bandwagon, but for me the novelty has faded.

So, no, I wouldn't wear it, mostly because I don't think it looks good, and also because now that Rickie does it doing so is tantamount to saying either "I want to look like Rickie Fowler" (which is impossible for a bald 200lb 40 year old man to pull off, regardless of clothing color!) or saying "I've got pro game" which is equally impossible for a 6 handicap to claim! Now, if someone wants to pay me to wear it I'm all ears!

Ping I20 8.5* - Aldila NV 65g S
Adams XTD Super Hybrid 15* - Stock Fubuki S
Adams DHY 21* - Stock Matrix Ozik White Tie S
Mizuno MP58 4-8 Irons - Fujikura MCI 100 S
SCOR 42,46,50,54,58* - SCOR/KBS Genius S
STX Robert Ingman Envision TR 35", Iomic grip

Absolutely presuming it was blue or green instead of orange. As long as it's tasteful, I have no problem with golf clothes that could help land a plane in a pinch. Multitasking is awesomesauce. Plus if you did help land a plane in distress, I'm sure the fact that you're outfitted in awesome duds would score you some extra brownie points.

And if that doesn't work, there's always a second career as a traffic cone... :lol:

What's in the bag:

Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Are you serious? I am the guy who loves to push the envelope and on the (rare) occasions I am invited to a Member-Guest or Guest Day at Snobby Valley Country Club wear a NASCAR polo with the sleeves preofessionally shortened to show my NASCAR tat, and get out the old Redneck Racing golf bag. Hell, a Fowler outfit would be dressing up for me.

Ha, thats like 90% of the golfers around here.

I would rock the orange outfit, if it were shorts instead of pants. It's extremely too hot and humid in the midwest to wear pants while playing.

I think it'd be most fun to wear an outfit like that to a very nice and uptight club... let's say the Valley Club here in Santa Barbara - now that would be AWESOME.

I love getting reactions out of people, and I think that would do it

And if that doesn't work, there's always a second career as a traffic cone... :lol:

Exactly. Then one still has a career if being a golfer or a flight beacon doesn't work out. What's not to like?

I laught at your claims to fight a zombie apocalypse when most of you can't stand up to a Spider

I have a twin brother. We played a tournament wearing matching pink paisley loudmouth pants with pink shirts. Got our pictures taken a lot that day. But I don't think I could wear something like that by myself....

You better have game if you do!!!!

There is no spoon.

WITB
TaylorMade M3
Callaway Diablo 15°
Callaway Diablo 18°
Callaway Steelhead XR Pro 4-W
Mizuno TP-4 50, 54, 58
TaylorMade Rossa Monza Spyder

My brother also went to a swanky golf resort in CA. Called ahead and asked for attire requirements. They said collared shirts and no denim. He played 18 holes in a full body chicken suit with a collared shirt over it. I'll post pics.

There is no spoon.

WITB
TaylorMade M3
Callaway Diablo 15°
Callaway Diablo 18°
Mizuno TP-4 50, 54, 58

I think an outfit can dictate how people expect you to play. For example if you are wearing knickers like Payne Stewart used to you better do that outfit proud. One time I had a guy that was a 4 handicap ask how good of a golfer i was since I was wearing pants that day. That kind of made me laugh a little bit, just wearing some pants now people expect you to be a plus handicap or something.

I have a friend that likes to dress down and obnoxious, likes the blue jeans and basket ball jersey type thing on the golf course if they let him do it. He comes off looking like a weekend hacker as much as possible and is a damn 3 handicap. He has told me before being randomly paired at the end of a round after shooting 74 that more then one person has told him 'i guess when you play as good as you do you can wear whatever you want'.

IT always gets me kind of chuckling a little when i get judge on my clothing or my equipment before I ever take a swing, I think a lot of people would find dressing as bright as Rickie to be kind of like Payne Stewart or Ian Poulter for example to play pretty good golf. My friend has said he love the way Rickie dresses lol and likes the john daily load mouth stuff.

I personally are a little more toned down, just look like an average joe on the course other then the fact I'm playing the tips. I would probably wear the knickers however once i got to be a plus handicap just to honor the late Payne Stuart, I loved his game good golfer.

Callaway Epic Max 12.0 (-1/N) @ 44.50" w/ Graphite Design Tour AD IZ-7 Stiff

Callaway Epic Speed 18.0* @ 42.75" w/ Graphite Design Tour AD IZ-8 Stiff

Callaway Mavrik Pro 23.0* @ 40.00" w/ Graphite Design Tour AD IZ 95 HYB Stiff

Sub-70 639 Combo (5-P) w/ Nippon Modus 3 125 Stiff, Standard Length, Weak Lofts (27-47, 4* gaps)

Callaway MD5 Raw 51-11 S-Grind w/ Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Callaway MD5 Raw 55-13 X-Grind w/ Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Callaway MD5 Raw 59-11 S-Grind w/ Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Callaway MD5 Raw 63-09 C-Grind w/ Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Golf Swing & Putting -- Bruce Rearick (Burnt Edges Consulting)

Played in a scramble at work once in a Bruins jersey and cargo pants. Didn't have the guts to wear work boots to complete the Happy Gilmore look...

What's in the bag:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

I lied. They said collared shirt and slacks required. So he added loudmouth pants to the ensemble. But I think the feet complete the package.Chicken.jpg

There is no spoon.

WITB
TaylorMade M3
Callaway Diablo 15°
Callaway Diablo 18°
Mizuno TP-4 50, 54, 58

Do I even have to answer???

Well, yes, we are all wondering if YOU would ever be seen in something as "Conservative" as Rickie Fowler's solid orange outfit. Maybe in your case, would it be something you wear to a funeral or a wedding?:P

Archived