QUESTION! Which Japanese Golf Brands Would You Like To See Sold in the States?

Our Sponsors

MGS,

I wanted to know what Japanese brand golf clubs you would like to see sold at our store or here in the states. We are currently expanding our Japanese Golf Club selection and wanted some insight.

We already carry a large selection of Japanese Clubs that can be fully customized from the grip,shaft and ferrule but we want more!

Epon, Honma, Vega and some other manufactures are in our minds currently and a bunch more so let us know what your thoughts are.

Your opinions are always appreciated :) :)

-Ryan

www.FairwayGolfUSA.com

858-268-1702

aftournews.jpg

VW-02wedge-raw-js.png

VM-01iron-js.png

vega golf club.jpg

logo.jpg

Email: CS@fairwaygolfusa.com

www.FairwayGolfUSA.com

Locations in San Diego and Mountain View, California

Yururi, Crazy shafts, Ryoma, GeoTech, Gold's Factory, Fourteen, Masda, Tear Drop, Kyoei, Maruman, Yamaha, Roddio.

Grips: Nowon

Accessories: OnOff, Como! Come!, Hello Kitty, Dance With Dragons

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

LOL Hello Kitty? Didn't know they had golf stuff :lol:

I saw some OnOff and Yamaha equipment at the recent golf show... neat stuff!

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

LOL we actually do carry HELLO KITTY Golf gear!

http://www.fairwaygolfusa.com/index.php?main_page=advanced_search_result&keyword=hello+kitty&x=0&y=0

We are already authorized retailers for the below brands and more:

ONOFF

Miura

Fourteens

Maruman

Honma

I have listed all your requests and we will see who we end up signing up got...possibly all of them if thats possible!

-Ryan

logo.jpg

www.FairwayGolfUSA.com

I would also think that San Diego is much like Vancouver in that a lot of people will walk in off the street and purchase JDM clubs given the population demographic, which could work out well for you.

Heck, I saw 2 sets of $80k Marumen clubs get sold in Richmond smack off the shelf last week like it was nothing.

I laught at your claims to fight a zombie apocalypse when most of you can't stand up to a Spider

I would also think that San Diego is much like Vancouver in that a lot of people will walk in off the street and purchase JDM clubs given the population demographic, which could work out well for you.

Heck, I saw 2 sets of $80k Marumen clubs get sold in Richmond smack off the shelf last week like it was nothing.

I totally agree with you and thats why we carry a lot of Japanese brand golf clubs here at our shop and in our warehouse. We actually have demo clubs of ONOFFS, FOURTEENS,MIURAS,YONEX and other brands for people to try out on the launch monitor which is very rare to see.

Wow! $80k is amazing. We have had some customers come in and buy a full set for around $15k

I hope whoever sold the $80k got some commission haha

-Ryan

• Like 1

logo.jpg

www.FairwayGolfUSA.com

• 2 weeks later...

Any plans to carry Geotech?

Since their price points - for iron and wedge heads, at least - tend to create less sticker shock compared to other Japanese brands, wouldn't it make sense to carry such products? Especially considering how today's economy is still not the greatest.

Posted Image

Any plans to carry Geotech?

Since their price points - for iron and wedge heads, at least - tend to create less sticker shock compared to other Japanese brands, wouldn't it make sense to carry such products? Especially considering how today's economy is still not the greatest.

I'll look into Geotech and see what we can do. You have a great point.

-Ryan

logo.jpg

www.FairwayGolfUSA.com

• 1 month later...

Tourstage, Crazy, Epon, Yuuri, Gold's Factory and Yamaha would be great.

Whats in my Top-Flite Gamer 2019 cart bag?:

Woods: Tommy Armour Atomic 10.5* and Top-Flite Gamer 2020 18*

Hybrid: Top-Flite Gamer 2020 22*

Irons: Pinemeadow ZR 3.0 5-PW

Wedges: Wilson Harmonized Black Chrome 52*, Tommy Armour VCG 56*, Wilson Harmonized 60* and Wilson Harmonized chipper

Putter: Pinemeadow PGX SL

Ball: Maxfli Tour X

LOL Hello Kitty? Didn't know they had golf stuff :lol:

Hello Kitty is still pretty big in Japan. Check on Ebay sometime, you'll almost always find PLENTY of Hello Kitty golf stuff.

Whats in my Top-Flite Gamer 2019 cart bag?:

Woods: Tommy Armour Atomic 10.5* and Top-Flite Gamer 2020 18*

Hybrid: Top-Flite Gamer 2020 22*

Irons: Pinemeadow ZR 3.0 5-PW

Wedges: Wilson Harmonized Black Chrome 52*, Tommy Armour VCG 56*, Wilson Harmonized 60* and Wilson Harmonized chipper

Putter: Pinemeadow PGX SL

Ball: Maxfli Tour X

I thought I had some money invested in golf equipment but 80,000.00 in one bag you would need to have a Tiger Woods SC original putter to get even close. Unless these irons are forged out of gold and if they were they would be the softest irons available. :P

The Bag:

Right handed

Cobra King FLYZ+ 10.5* w/ Aldila Rogue 125 R 44.5"

Tour Issued TM M2 10.5 w/ Mitsubishi Tensi CK Pro Blue 60S

Tour Issued TM M2 15* w/ GD Tour AD 7S 43"

TM R7 17.5 HFS w/ Tour AD 7S Stiff 42"

Cobra S3 Pro's 4-pw w/ Aldila RIP Tours SLT 115 Reg. 5i 38.5"

Titleist Vokey Proto's

52*,54*,58* all TTDG S-400

TM TP5 X

Scotty Cameron SSS Tiffany 009 350 34.5" or Bettinardi BB1 DASS Proto

GHIN # 5144472

Alright everyone. Our efforts have paid off and we now have a source to bring you Japanese Golf Clubs

Please inquire with us by email at CS@fairwaygolfusa.com for any Japanese Clubs you are interested in.

The more details mentioned in the email will be helpful and we will respond back to you as soon as possible!

Email: cs@fairwaygolfusa.com

858-268-1702 EXT 209

Below are the some of the brands that are available.

EPON

OnOff

Yururi

Crazy shafts

Ryoma

GeoTech

Gold's Factory

Fourteen, Masda

Tear Drop

Kyoei

Maruman

Yamaha

Roddio

Honma

PRGR

GeoTECH

Royal Collection

Share the news and we'll hear from you soon!

Fairway Golf Team.

logo.jpg

www.FairwayGolfUSA.com

How does Mizuno stack up against these other Japanese companies with regards to their forgings, styles, quality, etc.?.....

That's sort of a tough one. Mizuno's off the rack we get here in NA are great but I would say they aren't held to the same attention to detail as you get when you're purchasing Miura's, Epon's, etc. However you're paying a fair bit extra for said attention to detail.

Now in turn Mizuno has their Yoro department which is their custom studio. If you're ordering from there, they stack up with any other iron you can get, but again, at a much higher cost then standard Mizuno offerings off the rack.

I laught at your claims to fight a zombie apocalypse when most of you can't stand up to a Spider

Absolutely, it's just that "off the shelf" means something different to some of the OEM's out there. An off the shelf set tends for some JDM clubs tends to feature things we in NA only attribute to a good custom build. No having wonky loft, lie angles or swing weights for example or already sorted shafts for proper set progression, tip weights added, right on spec head weights, etc etc.

So you can go pick up a set of 69's smack off the rack. You can also get a set of 69's from the Yoro department and have them alter the offset, sole grind and which logo's you want on their.

• 2 weeks later...

Alright everyone. Our efforts have paid off and we now have a source to bring you Japanese Golf Clubs

Please inquire with us by email at CS@fairwaygolfusa.com for any Japanese Clubs you are interested in.

The more details mentioned in the email will be helpful and we will respond back to you as soon as possible!

Email: cs@fairwaygolfusa.com

858-268-1702 EXT 209

Below are the some of the brands that are available.

EPON

OnOff

Yururi

Crazy shafts

Ryoma

GeoTech

Gold's Factory

Fourteen, Masda

Tear Drop

Kyoei

Maruman

Yamaha

Roddio

Honma

PRGR

GeoTECH

Royal Collection

Share the news and we'll hear from you soon!

Fairway Golf Team.

Pretty impressive list already IMO. I've owned/play On/Off, Fourteen, Maruman Fairway wood, Epon, Yururi, Miura, PRGR Spoon but not the rest.

Would be great to have those available for demos......

• 2 weeks later...

I'm going to see a fitter that handles Miura, Epon & Bridgestone amongst others...This could get bad...Very bad!...lol....

Fairways & Greens 4ever....

Love to know how that went! :o

PING i20 8.5*, TFC707D (S)
Callaway RAZR Fit 15*, neutral setting, stock shaft (S)
PING i20 20*, TFC707H (S)
Adams Pro a12 23*, Matrix Ozik Altus (S)
PING i20 5-PW, TT DG S300, 1.5* flat (purple dot)
SCOR 50*,54*,58*, Genius 12 KBS Tour (S), 1.5* flat, -1/4"
STX xForm 3, 35"

• 1 month later...

How it went?...I felt like I'd died and gone to golf club heaven...Seriously, the most incredible place I've ever been in...First, my retail experience is Dick's & GG..I know, I know, but I mean, it is what it is..I live in Pgh & obviously, we're not the golf club mecca of the midwest, much less the world...My other shopping is a private club's pro shop...They stock the full Mizuno line, which I obviously love, and all of the big name OEM stuff...

But this place?...Let's start with Yururi..When he asked me what I thought of Yururi, I thought that I misheard him & I said, "Miura, hell they're supposed to be the best"...He looked at me kinda funny, & said, "No, Yururi, another Japanese manufacturer"..No sh*t!...I could tell that I was gonna have to hide my ignorance, so I said "yea, I heard that they had "good" stuff, though I've never had a chance to hit any of their irons"...Again, he looked at me kinda funny...

Now, I'd told this guy on the phone that I only wanted to see MBs, no shovels, I don't care how soft & bladelike that they felt..So now, he's probably thinkin, "yea right, and this *sshole can hit a blade"...So he takes me into the back and when I looked at the wall, and the irons on the wall, I almost....Well, you get the picture...Back to the Wall...

To my left was Miura...Specifically the 57 Small Blade Irons..Next to them were the Black Blades..And if that weren't enough, the Tournament Blades were literally whispering my name...Then the Retro Models Blade Irons...Then came the Yururi that he asked about..Beautiful cavity backs, though the irons that caught my attention were the Flat Back Blades..Frickin Gorgeous!...The Bridgestone J33 Blades were sweet, and if they weren't sandwiched between the Yururi & Royal Collection, they might have gotten a swing..Today, they didn't get a second glance..

The Royal Collection Forged Blade Irons are the most beautiful irons I've ever seen..You want minimalist?..It don't come any more minimal...A "RC" on the faceback topline toe area.."C-Forged" on the faceback topline heel area..And the club's number on the sole..Incredible!..11 characters..Incredible!...He tried to interest me in the RC Tour VS Forged Irons..They're RC's "pocket" cavity irons..Sorry, but no thanx..If I was gonna hit a "pocket" iron, I'd hit the Mizzy 53s..The best "pocket" CB I've hit...

Anyway, then came Geotech...Honest to, well you know who, the first time I heard this name, I thought that it was an IT company or one of those new "green" companies...Anyway, their Prototype N17 Forged Blade is gorgeous..Outstanding...It came in heads only, though someone had ordered it with shafts, then returned it..Some moron that thought that he wanted MBs..I think that's why this guy was pushin the CBs & pocket cavities on me...

Long story short, I hit the Miura 57s, the Retros & Tour Blades, the Yururi Flat Back Blades, the Geotech N17 Forged Blade & the Royal Collection Forged Blade Irons...I don't have to tell ya which ones I like the best do I?..Yep, the RC Forged Blades...Truly, I do not have the "feel" to discern between the irons that I chose to hit....They all felt incredible..Did they fell "better" than my 68s?..I wouldn't say better as much as different..And a few, yes they felt "softer"...

I also saw a set of Mizzy customs..Again, some clown ordered 'em and for whatever reason, this guy got 'em back..They were basically the MP-63s except cosmetically they were night & day from the retail model..On the faceback topline toe it said "Mizuno" & the facebaback sole toe was the running bird...That's it..There was of course the club number & "Grain Flow Forged" on the hosel..No "MP-63"...And they were a satin color, not the chrome, which I happen to prefer...But they were gorgeous, even if they were 63s...lol...

And the most amazing, beautiful club that I saw in this visit?..It wasn't an iron, driver or hybrid...It was a putter..The Epon Limited Edition Z:EN Forged Putter..It's a heel shafted blade, ala the Wilson Staff 8802...Though comparing the 8802(which I have , still use occasionaly & love) is like comparing the Ford Model-T to a Rolls Silver Shadow..The similarities end with they are both heel shafted putters...This putter is amazing...The flange has concave markings as though someone used a cicular punch and pounded the punch across the whole flange..Trust me, it's cool looking..And absolutely no writing, logos or anything on the head..Only a small logo and "Forged" on the neck...And the face milling is beautiful and hard to describe but it's an oval milling that spreads to the edges of the face...It has a soft DLC black coating to reduce glare & the head weight is 357.5gr...This putter was earmarked for a customer for $1100...I offered him $1500 and he didn't even blink or think about...He said he couldn't...A man of principle...Good to see, though man did I want that putter...One of 300...This one was #298...When ya get the time, google it..Gorgeous!...

Ok, that's my experience...Oh yea, someone was on the monitor when I went to hit so we just went ouside onto the grass, which if anyone who's read my posts know that I prefer..I've been in a groove lately so my irons are flyin true..Anyway, when we were finished, the guy(Stan) said,"you hit those blades like you owned them, which ones do ya want"...I guess that that was a compliment, and he got into the anoying habit of saying "saweet" after I hit so I did feel like I might have moved up in his opinion since my debacle in the begining, but I left with no new irons...

I bought 2 sets of 68s two years ago & I added another last month(GREAT deal-$500, played once), since I feel that these are the best MBs since the 33s..I'm on my second set, though when I wear these out, my third set's probably not gonna see the light of day, much less my bag, cuz the Royal Collection Forged Blades are goin in my bag..That's about 2-3 years out..I just hope that I can still hit a MB then...lol...

Oh yea, and those Epon 2012 Forged Limited Edition shovels on the other thread?..They're as ugly in person as they are in the picture...$2400 worth of ugly!

Fairways & Greens 4ever....

Great write up RP! and I do agree those Epon 2012 Forged L.E are very unique or as you put it "UGLY" biggrin.gif

-Ryan

logo.jpg

www.FairwayGolfUSA.com