Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Next TaylorMade Driver R13?

• SPY VIP

A quick shout out to see if the next TM driver will be the R13? and when it might be released?

It's almost certainly going to be the R13 (unless they change course like they did in transitioning from the Burner to the RBZ).

TaylorMade might surprise us with a fall release, but they're predictable in their release cycles, so I'd guess February/March time frame.

If they did a fall release, the only thing I can foresee would be a retail version of the R11s V2 (a modern R9 SuperDeep if you will). When last I checked with TaylorMade I was told there were no plans to offer a retail version, but you never really know.

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

Subscribe to the MyGolfSpy Newsletter

Hey guys you have to remember back in the original R9 days... (I know a long time ago huh) TM specifically said they would not be doing a R13 because of the relationship too the number 13...

Whats in the bag:

Titleist 910D2 10.5 Graphite Design Y7-S

Adams 1600 proto 14.5 Graphite Design AD DJ

Titleist 910F 17 Ust Tour Black

Titleist 910H 22 Diamana Kali

Adams Idea Pro A12 4-9 KBS C Taper

Titleist Vokey SM4 46 degree w/ DG Spinner

Mizuno MP R12 50-54-58 DG spinner

Ping Redwood ZB

Ball Nike 20XI-X

That's a shame, some of us actually consider the number 13 to be our lucky number. Not everyone out there suffers from Triskaidekaphobia.(yeah I knew the word but had to google the spelling, lol) And why is R13 any more off the wall than Rocketballz? Actually I'd love to see a Rocketballz Superdeep version. Just call it BallzDeep. Sorry the juvenile side of the brain took over for a hot second. And now to the video...

http://youtu.be/oAWeHdIRlSU

New song to match the Driver Love campaign, I see tie ins galore.

In Nick's Ogio Edge Stand Bag
Driver: Taylormade Rocketballz 9.5* Aldila Rip'd NV Stiff
Fairway: Tour Edge CB4 15* Rip Gamma Stiff
Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro A12 18* KBS Tour X
Irons: Mizuno MP-53 3-PW DG X100
Wedges: Mizuno MP R-12 52* & 56* DG Spinner
Putter: Taylormade Ghost Spider Si 38"

Actually I'd love to see a Rocketballz Superdeep version. Just call it BallzDeep. Sorry the juvenile side of the brain took over for a hot second..

Why not the call it SuperBallz?

OR instead of white maybe a greenish copper color like the Cleveland Classic and call it BrassBallz?

:ping-small: G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small: G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small: G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:ping-small: G425 4H on :kbs: TGH 80S 

:ping-small: i525 5-U on :kbs: TGI 90S 

:titleist-small: SM8 54 & 60 on :kbs: Wedge 

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

either way it should be released within the next 6 days. TM is about due for a new product it's been 3 weeks..... lol

The Bag:

Right handed

Cobra King FLYZ+ 10.5* w/ Aldila Rogue 125 R 44.5"

Tour Issued TM M2 10.5 w/ Mitsubishi Tensi CK Pro Blue 60S

Tour Issued TM M2 15* w/ GD Tour AD 7S 43"

TM R7 17.5 HFS w/ Tour AD 7S Stiff 42"

Cobra S3 Pro's 4-pw w/ Aldila RIP Tours SLT 115 Reg. 5i 38.5"

Titleist Vokey Proto's

52*,54*,58* all TTDG S-400

TM TP5 X

Scotty Cameron SSS Tiffany 009 350 34.5" or Bettinardi BB1 DASS Proto

GHIN # 5144472

Hey guys you have to remember back in the original R9 days... (I know a long time ago huh) TM specifically said they would not be doing a R13 because of the relationship too the number 13...

I bet they do the R13 and do it HUGE.

Ominous voice over guy: "13 will be YOUR OPPONENTS' unlucky number" (thunder clap, flash image of white driver with 10 different adjustable components)

TMAG, if you use this (and you should), I expect a check in the mail.

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

Ok, last one I promise. You could get one with a version of GolfSpy Tim's Animono Headcover and call it MonkeyBallz. Granted with the duckhook I had today at the range from out of nowhere I've renamed mine FoulBallz.

Or if you put in a certain True Ace shaft from Hireko catch one pure and you could be Crushing the new and improved BlueBallz.(Although I don't think that one would sell quite as well...) Yeah with that I think it's time for bed. This lack of sleep has me a little slaphappy this evening.

In Nick's Ogio Edge Stand Bag
Driver: Taylormade Rocketballz 9.5* Aldila Rip'd NV Stiff
Fairway: Tour Edge CB4 15* Rip Gamma Stiff
Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro A12 18* KBS Tour X
Irons: Mizuno MP-53 3-PW DG X100
Wedges: Mizuno MP R-12 52* & 56* DG Spinner
Putter: Taylormade Ghost Spider Si 38"

Or if you put in a certain True Ace shaft from Hireko catch one pure and you could be Crushing the new and improved BlueBallz

No No No, take advantage of the Bubba Ping Pink driver craze, and in retaliation for the Razr Fit color options, they can make the driver blue on the bottom and call it the BlueBalllz. I can see Sergio and the others in a BlueBallz hat.

And release it for Father's Day.

either way it should be released within the next 6 days. TM is about due for a new product it's been 3 weeks..... lol

Since the R11, things have been a little bit different for TM. We only had one driver line last year for example, and there was no Burner 2.1 or Super plus or anything like that. The R11S which is a stupid change of the R11 IMO was just launched for this new line, so maybe TM is finally getting it...

• 2 months later...

This is what I think too - the superstition around the number 13 is probably too great and we all know how superstitious some golfers are :D

I heard the R13 was gonna be transparent with a picture of the devil on the inner part of the sole.

What's In The Bag:

Adams 9064LS

Ben Hogan Edge CFT Ti

Ben Hogan Apex Edge 4-PW

TaylorMade ATV 50* 54*

Mizuno Bettinardi BC3 Tour Issue

I think that's pathetic if they skip the number 13 for any reason...Is there a legitimate reason to skip it?....

Fairways & Greens 4ever.....

Same reason Titleist skipped 911. It's not for the same exact reason, but there are reasons people could be against that number and therefore that will lead to less sales.

What's In The Bag:

Adams 9064LS

Ben Hogan Edge CFT Ti

Ben Hogan Apex Edge 4-PW

TaylorMade ATV 50* 54*

See I would actually go for the Titleist 911 it could work two ways your competitor could need to call 911 because there getting bet up. Or can go the other way I need to call in the fire department to find that ball in the tree!!! I would have went with that driver...

Whats in the bag:

Titleist 910D2 10.5 Graphite Design Y7-S

Adams 1600 proto 14.5 Graphite Design AD DJ

Titleist 910F 17 Ust Tour Black

Titleist 910H 22 Diamana Kali

Adams Idea Pro A12 4-9 KBS C Taper

Titleist Vokey SM4 46 degree w/ DG Spinner

Mizuno MP R12 50-54-58 DG spinner

Ping Redwood ZB

Ball Nike 20XI-X

I can definitely see the 911 omission, and if it's "proven" that it will lead to reduced sales, then they gotta do what they gotta do...Thanx for the heads-up on the 911, cuz I never knew that...

Hi,

911 is a PORSCHE trade mark...you'll have to pay to use it worldwide!!!!

I'd say all 3 of those played a role in it. The attacks and the emergency call would be the marketing end of it, and the Porsche (I didn't think of that till now, good call) car would probably prevent them from naming it that anyway.

Titleist doesn't market like TmaG... at all! They wouldn't be saying things like "call the fire department" about their drivers. TM would.

What's In The Bag:

Adams 9064LS

Ben Hogan Edge CFT Ti

Ben Hogan Apex Edge 4-PW

TaylorMade ATV 50* 54*

I don't believe Porsche can trademark the numbers 911 across the board. There is little chance that someone would confuse a TaylorMade 911 golf club with an expensive sports car and those are the types of things that are relevant in trademark disputes.

I believe I read somewhere that TaylorMade was going to put out a SuperDeep version of the next driver? I don't recall where I read that, does anyone here know if that is true?

Ping I20 8.5* - Aldila NV 65g S
Adams XTD Super Hybrid 15* - Stock Fubuki S
Adams DHY 21* - Stock Matrix Ozik White Tie S
Mizuno MP58 4-8 Irons - Fujikura MCI 100 S
SCOR 42,46,50,54,58* - SCOR/KBS Genius S
STX Robert Ingman Envision TR 35", Iomic grip

A SuperDeep would be great, because that was the model that I like best of all of the R9s....Hope it more than a rumor...

From the marketing and money standpoint, TM doesn't really have a reason to. Drivers with very low spinning heads don't tend to sell super well because the majority of golfers don't need really low spin. if you look at "players" drivers like the Anser, 910D3, J40 430, R9 SD, TEE CB4 Tour, etc... they don't tend to sell nearly as well as more of GI drivers like the R11, G20, AMP, Razr drivers...

What's In The Bag:

Adams 9064LS

Ben Hogan Edge CFT Ti

Ben Hogan Apex Edge 4-PW

TaylorMade ATV 50* 54*

I would say that the limited market would be why they wouldn't release them as frequently as they do other products. I suspect the SuperDeep did pretty well, it has an almost cult like following as far as driver heads go and it seemed to be pretty popular among competitive players. I am not the only guy out there still gaming this head, I ran into another one in an opposing teammate's bag this summer and as we were talking he said he'd never give his up, and then offered to buy mine!

Ping I20 8.5* - Aldila NV 65g S
Adams XTD Super Hybrid 15* - Stock Fubuki S
Adams DHY 21* - Stock Matrix Ozik White Tie S
Mizuno MP58 4-8 Irons - Fujikura MCI 100 S
SCOR 42,46,50,54,58* - SCOR/KBS Genius S
STX Robert Ingman Envision TR 35", Iomic grip

I think that's pathetic if they skip the number 13 for any reason...Is there a legitimate reason to skip it?....

R13 doesn't have a great ring to it, just a bit clunky. Judging by the fact that the Burner line went bye bye this year, my money is on a new name. Oh to be a fly on TM's product development wall... I'm more curious about the technology/adjustability they'll be offering - seems like they've put everything you could want in the R11 and R11s heads. Can't wait for 2013!

What about BallBuster? Mashed Potatoes? No matter what the name, it'll play.

From the marketing and money standpoint, TM doesn't really have a reason to. Drivers with very low spinning heads don't tend to sell super well because the majority of golfers don't need really low spin. if you look at "players" drivers like the Anser, 910D3, J40 430, R9 SD, TEE CB4 Tour, etc... they don't tend to sell nearly as well as more of GI drivers like the R11, G20, AMP, Razr drivers...

Perhaps this is the reason that the Titleist 905R with a GD Tour ADDI 7 stiff tipped 2" is performing as well as the Razr Fit with the new Talamonti PD80 shaft. I was thinking it was the 10.5 vs 9.5. I can not really see much difference in hieght but this old Titleist is still pretty good.

I never hit it, however that 905 must have been a hell of a driver or the 907s & 909s must have been lacking, cuz two guys that I play with kept the 905 in their bags over those follow-up series, though both switched to the 910 D3...And apparently, a lot of pros kept the 905 in the bag(Rory, Simpson, Dufner, Stricker & Adam Scott)..Man, for that many guys to reject your latest, greatest, that had to be sending a strong message though apparently Stricker & Scott did switch to the 909s at some point..

Still, the 905 must be one of their best recent releases...Did you hit the 907 or 909?...

Fairways & Greens 4ever....

I had a 907 that I gave away and kept the 905R . I have a 909D3 that the only reason it is as good is it does not have the thru bore. Plus it was 9.5 v10.5 on the 905. Now that my spin issues are taken care of I need a little more loft.

I have a Fujikura Speeder Fairway shaft that used to have a Titleist head on it, though I don't remember which model..I think it's from '05 or '06...Is this shaft a good shaft..It's a "made for"...The asst. pro said it was a "great shaft..

Is that true(He's a Titleist staffer)....

Thanx....

Fairways & Greens 4ever...

I think so also. The Speeder regular is top notch and the Titleist made for shafts always vey good. This would have been for the 906F. These are the woods and I believe even the shaft that Rory played until 2 weeks ago when he changed to the 913Fd. He is playing great right now but if he hits another slump I would not be shocked to see those back in his bag. This not the shaft but the woods are what Stricker still uses. Or at least before the 913 was available to him.

I had one of these with that shaft and sold it but wish I had it now. I went with the 909F and found it to be too much GI for me. It really spins.

However, now that I think about it. Tomorrow afternoon I may put that 909f head on a CTaper XS 42" shaft that is in my hybrid. I have a 8 am tee time so afterwards I will make the swap.

Archived