Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

INSIDE THE ROPES! – A Look Inside the PGA Tour Vans

GolfSpy_X

I personally love this topic, as being a bit of a club ho and have been building sets for friends and myself for years now just makes me go crazy when I see all the great equipment these guys get to work with. Especially some of the made for tools or 1 of tools just for their own clubs! I'm still working on getting my CCM certificate, but when I do I hope to have a little shop of my own with as many of these tools to help make my job easier. Nothing better then the proper tool to do the job right. Being a license Plumber I know this for sure!

Tim

The Bag:

Right handed

Cobra King FLYZ+ 10.5* w/ Aldila Rogue 125 R 44.5"

Tour Issued TM M2 10.5 w/ Mitsubishi Tensi CK Pro Blue 60S

Tour Issued TM M2 15* w/ GD Tour AD 7S 43"

TM R7 17.5 HFS w/ Tour AD 7S Stiff 42"

Cobra S3 Pro's 4-pw w/ Aldila RIP Tours SLT 115 Reg. 5i 38.5"

Titleist Vokey Proto's

52*,54*,58* all TTDG S-400

TM TP5 X

Scotty Cameron SSS Tiffany 009 350 34.5" or Bettinardi BB1 DASS Proto

GHIN # 5144472

I've never seen inside a OEM tour van, but I did get to go into the Hot Stix tour van back in November and just being inside there was like being in golf heaven. I have never seen so many shaft, grips, etc. It definitely made me jealous of the guys working there.

Great videos. I'd love not only to be in there with all the equipment, but to watch those guys build. I like to do gripping and shaft pulling/installation myself, but I know I'm a hacker. I'd love to watch a true expert do it and see the finer points up close.

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

• SPY VIP

Problem is they do the changes so damn fast you would have to have a slow motion camera in there t be able to break it down and learn. These guys change out shafts and do some crazy grip changes in the blink of an eye.

Great videos. I'd love not only to be in there with all the equipment, but to watch those guys build. I like to do gripping and shaft pulling/installation myself, but I know I'm a hacker. I'd love to watch a true expert do it and see the finer points up close.

#TruthDigest

I would be like a kid in a candy store. I'd spend all morning in the TM Tour Van and then all afternoon in the Callaway Tour Van. After leaving each van, I'd have to smoke a cigarette. LOL

Current bag: Some Callaway, some Cleveland. Down to 2 OEM's!

I would probably get my clubs re-gripped every tournament. I would get new clubheads every month. I would likely abuse the system.

3JACK

Author of Pro Golf Synopsis. The Moneyball approach to golf strategy and analysis.Driver: Wishon 919THI, 10° loft, UST Mamiya VTS Red 7x, 44-3/8” long, 2,825 kg/cm^2 MOIGONZO WOOD: confidential2-Hybrid: Mizuno Fli-HiCLK, 17° loft, 40-7/8" KBS Tour Hybrid shaft (stiff)3-Hybrid: Mizuno Fli-HiCLK, 20° loft, 40" KBS Tour Hybrid shaft (stiff)4-6 iron: Wishon 575MMC (CB)7-PW: Wishon 575MMC (MB)SW: Edel Golf driver grind, 52° loft, 16° bounce, Nippon WV 125 shaft.LW: Edel Golf Digger Grind, 60° loft, 27° bounce, Nippon WV 125 ShaftPutter: Edel Golf Columbia Custom Made, 35" long, 72° lie angle, 3° loft. Ball: Titleist Pro V1xGrips: PURE Grips P2 Wrap (red)Shoes: FootJoy Dry-Joy (black, size 14)3Jack's Golf Blog - http://3jack.blogspot.com

Archived