Ankle sprain/roll help

So I was changing a flat tire on the highway last night, when I was finished I stood up to start putting things up and rolled my ankle pretty bad. This morning it looks like a baseball and is very sore. I iced last night, a little heat this morning, and kept it elevated overnight. I have my first tournament this weekend. Any advice on things to do to help? This is so crazy it’s making me laugh, but like a crazy, of course this happened kind of laugh. Thanks 

Ping G410 LST 10.5 w/ Fujikura Motore F3 60X

Callaway X2 Hot 2 Deep 12.5* 

Adams XTD LSP 23* hybrid Aldila rogue black 85X

Nike VR Pro II Blades 5-PW w/ Modus 120X

Nike Wedges

PXG Putter

• 8 months later...

Oh man, that sounds like quite the unexpected twist of fate! Dealing with a rolled ankle is never fun, especially when you have a tournament coming up. It's good to hear that you're taking care of it with the icing, heat, and elevation. Those are great first steps.

Since you're aiming to play this weekend, it might be wise to get some professional advice, maybe even a quick visit to a sports doctor or physiotherapist if you can. They can give you tailored advice on how to manage the injury, and if there's anything specific you can do to speed up the recovery process.In the meantime, focus on gentle movements and stretches to maintain mobility without putting too much strain on your ankle. And of course, listen to your body. If it's telling you to take it easy, then take it easy. Safety is key, and pushing too hard could lead to a longer recovery time.I had a surgery on my left foot not too long ago, so I understand the frustration of dealing with an injury. But my doc helped me a lot with his recommendations. You can check out his webpage at https://dallasfootanklesurgeon.com/

Edited by KarterPetersen

22 minutes ago, KarterPetersen said:

Since you're aiming to play this weekend, it might be wise to get some professional advice, maybe even a quick visit to a sports doctor or physiotherapist if you can. They can give you tailored advice on how to manage the injury, and if there's anything specific you can do to speed up the recovery process.

The thread is 8 months old. 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1