TESTERS WANTED! ×

UPDATE: PICS! Afternoon project gone awry.

So, quiet Saturday afternoon I figured it might be a nice time to clean up a Scotty Studio Design 2 I got used and touch up the paint. Started taking out the chipped paint to begin the touch up and ambition got the better of me. I don't have any before pics and it'll be a few days before the after pics get started. But as it stands now, I have removed all the paint fill, removed the head from the shaft and am currently working on removing the few rust spots, previous owner apparently put it away wet a couple times. I'm probably going to torch it this afternoon and will probably get the paint started tomorrow. I'm looking at the paints I currently have on hand and may need to hit the hobby store for some different colors. I'll hopefully have some pics by middle of the week. Has anyone else out there started off with a minor touch up and then decided about a third of the way in to just go full bore or is it just a little of my ocd kicking in?

In Nick's Ogio Edge Stand Bag
Driver: Taylormade Rocketballz 9.5* Aldila Rip'd NV Stiff
Fairway: Tour Edge CB4 15* Rip Gamma Stiff
Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro A12 18* KBS Tour X
Irons: Mizuno MP-53 3-PW DG X100
Wedges: Mizuno MP R-12 52* & 56* DG Spinner
Putter: Taylormade Ghost Spider Si 38"

Has anyone else out there started off with a minor touch up and then decided about a third of the way in to just go full bore or is it just a little of my ocd kicking in?

More often than not!!

Good luck.

BK

MENTOR, L4 COACH & TRAINER  FIRST TEE GREATER HOUSTON
HDCP: 8.3  (GHIN: 3143312)
In my bag, April 2023
:titelist-small: TS3 Driver & 4 Wood Hzrdous Smoke Shaft (Stiff Flex)
:titelist-small: TS2 Hybrids  Mitsubishi Tensei Shaft (Stiff Flex)
:mizuno-small:  MP-59 5-PW; KBS Tour (Regular Flex)
:titelist-small: SM8 Wedges

EVNROLL ER2  Putter
SRIXON Z-STAR DIAMOND BALL
Sun Mountain Cart Bag
:Clicgear: 4.0 Push Cart (I'm walking 9 outta 10 rounds!!)

Update, cleaned sanded torched. Finally got the color I wanted and dropped a microfiber towel on it by accident. Start process all over after cleaning off the burnt towel bits, resand and re torch. Ready for paint just have to decide on a color. Got a nice even hue that'll look very good to me once I get it polished up.

hmm...this usually happens with yard work. Start with cutting down one limb...befor you know it, you are doing entire yard, cancelling your tee time, cause you are tired as hell.

I haven't gone this far with golf clubs, but however, I like where this is going.

Going the extra distance to make the club look like you want it to look.

It is a long process, but enjoy the journey. I am sure end will be well worth it.

Driver: Snake Eye 9.5* Python XLD w/ AXE FW Regular, tipped 1"

4 Wood: Bridgestone J40 with AXE FW Stiff

Hybrid 19*, Acer XF, FST 115 Pro, stiff

Hybrid 25*, Bobby Jones, stock shaft, stiff

Irons 4-6: Tommy Armour, 845c silverback forged, R300

Irons 7-P: Tommy Armour, 845m Silverback forged, S300

Wedges: 56* Eidolon; 60* Mizuno

Putter: SC - Monterey 35", stock weight

Balls: B-Stone B330RX-S

Update: Torch, Paint, Polished. Just needs put back on the shaft. Also touched up the paint fill on the shaft. Camera on my phone is awfully bad and I was getting a little glare but what good is a thread about refinishing something without pics? Granted my "Hot Pink Pearl" came out a little purple and my "Neon Red" came out a little orange. (Good on both fronts, I picked them based on drying color not the jar color and got exactly what i was looking for.) You can't really make it out too well but there's a lot of blues and purples in the torching and hopefully I can get some better pics up once I figure out where the love of my life has decided to hide the camera.(she's slowly messing with me to drive me insane, I'm sure of it but that's another story)Considering the poor thing was coated in rust from minor abuse and lack of drying and cleaning I'm thrilled with the way it came out. I'd change out the tattered shaft band but can't bring myself to spend that much money on one yet. Any feedback is always welcome good or bad. Hope you guys enjoy. photo (3).jpgphoto (2).jpgphoto.jpgphoto (4).jpg

Update, cleaned sanded torched. Finally got the color I wanted and dropped a microfiber towel on it by accident. Start process all over after cleaning off the burnt towel bits, resand and re torch. Ready for paint just have to decide on a color. Got a nice even hue that'll look very good to me once I get it polished up.

LOL

I only laugh, because my last refinish project, I dropped a cloth on the wet paint the first go round, then sanded and repainted, only to have my beer explode open and cover it. I ended up refinishing it three times and now I'm playing it in its raw finish with no paint at all.

Your end product looks very nice.

Archived