Ping G430 LST

Blake Hopkins

Agree it's an amazing Club! Really regret selling mine 😞

glad you found one that works for you and thanks for the writeup!

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

Nice review and welcome to the forum.  Keep us posted on the college golf journey!

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex; :callaway-logo-1: Mavrik 18* 5w;  :mizuno-small: JPX 919 HM Pro 4i;  :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 5 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

Welcome aboard, and great writeup! Those drivers have definitely gotten a lot of love.

In my Big Max hybrid bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:wilson_staff_small: D200 6i-GW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:maxfli: Tour S

The LST line has been phenomenal…glad you are happy with yours!  Keep up the good work 🙂

• PING G400 LST Mitsubishi Tensei White 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

Exactly the reason I went back to Ping last year. I have the G425 now and love it. My misses aren't quite as wild, and toe or heel shots tend to fly further. I had switched from Ping to the Taylormade M2 years ago because I loved the more piercing ball flight I was getting with it and the shaft I was fitted for. However, when I wasn't hitting it well, the misses seemed like they didn't go anywhere and spun way more. I went back to get fitted again after a couple years and the results showed the Ping G425 was a way better driver for me after trying a handful of different ones. 

Driver: Ping G425 9.0 Atla CB 55 X-Stiff

2 Hybrid: Ping G425 17.0 Ping Tour 85 X-Stiff

Ping Crossover 3 iron: Atla CB 70 X-Stiff

Irons: Ping G425 Green dot 4i-9i KBS Tour 120 S

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM8: 46, 50, 52, 56

Putter: Ping Kushin 4

Balls: Taylormade TP5, Titleist Pro-V, Maxfli-Tour X

Fantastic results, glad that it worked out for you! I went through a fitting and bought a TSR2 driver about 8 months ago and the driver has been great, but recently I decided to do a full on fitting with the 430 line (both the Max and LST drivers) and ended up getting fitted for the Max over the TSR2 (which gave me 10+ yards AVERAGE of carry and overall distance plus a tighter landing with the Ping. 

I wish I could have gotten the LST, but my overall performance with the Max was so much better for me that I couldnt say no...so of course I ordered a 430 Max haha. 

WITB (Current 2024):

Driver: Ping G430 Max 10k 10.5, HZRDUS Hulk 6 PVD (X-Flex)

Wood(s): Taylormade Burner Mini Driver 13.5, HZRDUS Blue (X-Flex)

Hybrid/Driving Iron: Ping iCrossover 2 (18 degrees), Ping Tour 2.0 Chrome X-Flex

Irons: Ping i230 4-PW, Dynamic Gold X-100

Wedges: Ping S159 (50), Taylormade MG4 TW (56) (60)

Putter: LAB Mezz Max Armlock

Ball: Titleist Prov1x Left Dash/Vice Pro Plus

Very cool; glad you shared that experience.  I have an interesting comparison of my own recent fitting with yours.  I also previously gamed a TS2 that I got fit for in 2020 by Club Champion.  I felt like I wasn't getting all the distance I should be getting but also still felt pretty "married" to that Driver because I knew it so well and it was fit for me.  Well, I got a very inexpensive fitting at Mizuno Experience in which the ST-X 230 with an X-Stiff Hzrdus shaft got me at least an extra 10-12 yards, which then got my curiosity itching even more, so I bit the bullet and got fit at True Spec.  Long story a little shorter, I found the 430 LST to be very spinny for me - just about the same spin as my old TS2 and the Mizuno ST-X 230.  So, for me it was significantly shorter than the top 3 - Paradym, Aerojet LS, and Stealth 2 Plus ... and I found that I had less control with it than those as well.  For me, Paradym was most forgiving/consistent, Aerojet LS was longest, and Stealth 2 Plus was best overall (almost as forgiving as Paradym and almost as long as Aerojet).  I gained somewhere around 28 yards of average distance with any of those three over my old TS2.  Now, I think I would also attribute just as much credit to the newly fitted shaft - a Ventus TR Black 6X (a lot more stiff and stable than the previously fitted one).  Even my swing speed went up 3-5 mph just from switching shafts.  Just shows that each one of us might have a different sword that comes alive in our hands, which, to me, just adds to the coolness of Golf.

On course, with the new club I started out pretty rough the first two rounds, but the new Driver and I have gotten to know each other a lot better with some extra practice over the last two weeks and I'm finding it to be close to what I hoped - longer and just as accurate (maybe even a little more).  

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth 2 Plus, :Fuji: Ventus TR Black Velocore 6X.
3W: :taylormade-small: Sim Max, :accra: FX 2.0 200 M3.
3I-PW: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Pro, :Fuji: Axiom Velocore 105 X.
Wedges: 47*, 51*, 55*, 59*: Edison Forged Wedges, Mitsubishi MMT 125g TX.
Putter: :L.A.B.:  DF 2.1
Current Ball:  2022 Chromesoft X as recommended for me by :ping-small: Ballnamic system (highly recommended).
Previous Balls:  Z-Star Divide, Pro V1, Maxfli Tour, TM TP5 Pix, Pro V1x, Vice Pro Soft, Cut Blue ... (See Why!)
Accessories: Shoes: Asics Gel-Kayano Ace (Greatest golf shoes on the planet). Watch: Garmin Approach S60. Glove: Kirkland Signature.  Bag: MNML. 
Cart: Foresight Sports ForeCaddy Smart Cart (Unofficial Review).
Previous MGS Tester for: Kid Caddie

Nicely done, and welcome Blake. I bought a G430 LST today. Practice day tomorrow and club championship this weekend. Very excited to make this change. I’ve been delaying it for sometime, but long game has been so bad I decided it couldn’t hurt. 

I’m not sure the LST is better for my swing speed than the max. They were very close. 9° MAX or 10.5° LST were neck and next but I like the looks of the LST more and had a MAX in the 425, and I felt like I had to back up when hitting into the wind. 

:ping-small: G430 LST 10. on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small: G430 Max 15°  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small: iCrossover 3i on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:ping-small:  iCrossover 4i  on Graphite Design ADDI 7S 

:ping-small:  i525 5-U on :kbs: TGI 90 S 

:vokey-small: SM9 54° & 58° on :truetemper: Wedge 

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 on :accra: White

:L.A.B.: LINK1on     T P T    Putter        (on order)

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

I have a G430 driver in 9* that i'm interested in trading for another G430 LST 10.5* if anyone is interested. 

Driver: Ping G430 LST 9*

Woods: Cobra Speedzone 3w & 5w

Irons: Ping i200 5i - PW

Wedges: Ping Glide Forged GW, RTX Zipcore 56* & 60*

Putter: Axis 1 Rose B