Club Fittings

DAVID HAHN

I would never get fit at golftec, I would avoid indoor fittings unless it was a with a reputable fitter such as the guys at txg, TruSpec or someone I’ve worked with in the past.

I prefer to see ball flight so it will always be outdoor default for any fittings I do.

I don’t mind doing them off a mat or with a rubber tee(some of my best fittings have been this way).

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

• 2 weeks later...

Indoor and outdoor fittings will always be a pro / con discussion.

folks that like outdoors as RB posted is I want to see ball flight, or I can hit off only grass. etc.

folks that like to be indoors like environmental controlled conditions and data. 

Ive done both or should I say I have conducted both and a hybrid of both hitting indoors to an outdoor setting.

In every case a golfer needs to take the good with the bad. for instance, hitting off grass, The typical response is I can only hit off grass as that is more realistic. Granted. So am I fitting you to hit out of divots at this particular temp, wind condition, turf etc or do we to complete fitting through the year?  See where this can go. 

Hitting off mats. Depending on the matt type the golfer can be given false positives  which does not help the golfer. Its a great selling tool and but deceiving and not a good business practice.  There are mats that can come very close to mimicking grass with hitting fat, the way the ball comes off the face etc. 

This could go on and on, the bottom line is the process the fitter uses to determine best clubs for your game and goals and whether or not you are comfortable performing the fitting in that environment

Driver - 44.5" 5.0 flex 10.5 deg Graphite Design XC 6S GP MCC4+ 1 deg closed

Irons - 5-pw, GW stnd length 5.0 flex same grip 1 deg flat. Type low medium offset cavity back, no diggers

Wedges - 56 and 60 tour grind wedge spinner and mcc4+ grip 2 flat 10 and 8 in bounce

Putter - Makefield VS LH

Ball - truvis

Carried in a Sun Mountain C-130 USA bag - BE PROUD.

HC - LH but 85 is a good number, playing in Ohio.