Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Ping Nome

GolfSpy WD

Each dot color represents a different lie angle. The black is considered standard. There are 10 putter Color Codes available (they are different than the iron lies), each representing a different lie angle that varies by one degree. They include maroon (5 degrees upright), silver (4 degrees upright), white (3 degrees upright), green (2 degrees upright), blue (one degree upright), black (standard), red (one degree flat), orange (2 degrees flat), brown (3 degrees flat) and gold (4 degrees flat). Here is the chart for putters:

ping_color_chart.gif

Inside My Blue Callaway Warbird X Golf Stand Bag:

Driver:Nike SQ 10.5* with Graphite Design Y6+

3W:Cobra S2 14*

4W: Nike SQ Dymo 17*

3H and 4H: Taylormade Rescue 19* and 22*

5H: Cleveland Mashie 23*

6H: Adams a3os Hollow-Back

7Iron-Sand Wedge:Callaway X-20 Series with Callaway Steel

Lob Wedge (60*):Cleveland CG-12 Black Pearl with Cleveland TRaction Steel Wedge Flex

Putter: Odyssey Versa #9

Golfball: Callaway Hex Black Tour

Link to ping color code chart pdf --> http://www.ping.com/uploadedFiles/Custom_Fitting/PING_Color_Code_Chart.pdf

Link to models and how many DOT colors they can be changed when shipped to ping --> http://ping.com/about/clubrepair.aspx

sat Ping i20 can be 5 color codes from the one that you start at, so 'Black' can be changed to whatever except for maroon basicly +/- 3.75* assuming you send them into Ping most fitters / builders wont touch cast.

Callaway Epic Max 12.0 (-1/N) @ 44.50" w/ Graphite Design Tour AD IZ-7 Stiff

Callaway Epic Speed 18.0* @ 42.75" w/ Graphite Design Tour AD IZ-8 Stiff

Callaway Mavrik Pro 23.0* @ 40.00" w/ Graphite Design Tour AD IZ 95 HYB Stiff

Sub-70 639 Combo (5-P) w/ Nippon Modus 3 125 Stiff, Standard Length, Weak Lofts (27-47, 4* gaps)

Callaway MD5 Raw 51-11 S-Grind w/ Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Callaway MD5 Raw 55-13 X-Grind w/ Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Callaway MD5 Raw 59-11 S-Grind w/ Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Callaway MD5 Raw 63-09 C-Grind w/ Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Golf Swing & Putting -- Bruce Rearick (Burnt Edges Consulting)

Thanks for the tips guys (including from everyone in the Slight Arc Putters thread).

I finally got confirmation from golfbids.net of sending out the TM spider putter I won. While I really like that putter, the Nome was slightly better in every way for my swing. In total I've probably spent 2 hours comparing the Nome, Spider, and other putters. The Nome beat them all with the Spider in close second, despite my slight arc swing.

The manager, Brian, at Golf Galaxy kindly agreed to give me full value for the Spider in trade in, so I went in yesterday and ordered a 34.5" Nome green dot in slight arc. It's the first smooth face putter I'll have ever owned, but the sound and alignment aid were amazing. Unfortunately I need to wait 2-2.5 weeks for it to come in...

Edit: I should also mention that I probably would never have picked up the Nome to try it out hadn't it been for the MGS review. Keep up the great work guys, we read every bit of it!

Archived