Me or loss of etiquette in the game?

1 minute ago, BCases said:

Sorry , you asked and I answered. I have hit balls over people's head (not directly but close enough) on a couple of different occasions. They were deserving and got the point. Not sure what else to tell you.

This response tells me everything I need to know.

Bye Felicia. 

In my Big Max hybrid bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:wilson_staff_small: D200 6i-GW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:maxfli: Tour S

32 minutes ago, BCases said:

Sorry , you asked and I answered. I have hit balls over people's head (not directly but close enough) on a couple of different occasions. They were deserving and got the point. Not sure what else to tell you.

Just curious, if you miss hit one of those warning shots and actually hit the person is your response going to still be that they deserved it?   If they hit the ball back at you, because they felt you deserved it does that justify their action?  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Paradym AI Smoke Max HL  16.5* w/MCA TENSEI AV Series Blue
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   more-golf-logo.png Render w/VA Composites Baddazz 

Backup Putters:  Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe,  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

29 minutes ago, BCases said:

In a thread about "loss of etiquette", this seems to be the most blatant example.  Nobody deserves to be put in danger of injury due to slow play, or anything else.  And you're not a newcomer to the game, or an immature kid, you're someone with the age and experience to know better.  

:titleist-small: Irons Titleist T200, AMT Red stiff

:callaway-small:Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:mizuno-small: T22 54 and 58 wedges

:mizuno-small: 7-wood

:Sub70: 5-wood

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

On 9/12/2023 at 1:59 PM, Rosey31 said:

being able to teach a younger person proper etiquette and that starts with his coach and parents

I agree wholeheartedly that we need to teach kids proper etiquette (and the kid in question does sound like an a**hole), but you're assuming that:

1.  His coach knows proper golf etiquette (and cares about it)
2.  His parents know proper golf etiquette

My older daughter's HS coach barely knew which end of the club to hold.  He coached the team so the school could have a golf team.  They were all good kids who knew how to play, but the coach was just there to be there.

My younger daughter's HS coach (different schools - our kids can apply to different schools) is a 3 handicap and allows exactly zero crap on the golf course.

Lots of kids out there are playing (which is awesome) but don't really have a good golf role model (which is not good).  We all had someone to show us the ropes when we started playing.  Parent, grandparent, caddymaster (FWIW, the caddymaster where I looped barely knew which end of the flag to pull out of the green) or a friend. 

I'm not cutting this particular kid any slack (everything sounds pretty premeditated), but when it comes to "all these new people ruining the game" - I have no time for that nonsense.  You can show people the right way get themselves around the golf course and be a decent person while doing it.

What's in the bag:
Driver - TaylorMade Qi10 - Mitsubishi Diamana 60g (S)
3 Wood  - Callaway OG Big Bertha - RCH 90 (Firm)
5 Wood - Cobra Speed LD (L)
Driving Iron - New Level NLU-01
5i - PW - Wilson Staff D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
52* - Cleveland CBX
58* - Cleveland CBX Full Face 2
Putter - Ping Craz-e
Bag - Sun Mountain 2.5 (Blue)
Ball -  Titleist AVX
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino