Golf Sunglasses and Issues with Polarized?

J.B.

On 9/23/2023 at 6:44 AM, J.B. said:

Needing some clarification here from those that might be better informed regarding sunglasses specific to golf. When researching previously, I had understood that: "Polarization can distort vision and affect depth perception. It may also change the way you track the ball and induce eye strain when you're tilting your head back and forth."

The basic explanation was that the technology that makes polarized glasses effective actually creates issues that distort the way you see the ball and can actually mess with your game. Notwithstanding, I seem to see countless sunglasses marketed as "golf sunglasses" which have polarized lenses. What gives? Was I misinformed or is there something else at play here that needs better understanding when making decisions regarding sunglasses on the course? Thanks for any guidance and/or suggestions you might have for me check lowcostglasses.co.uk. Thanks!

I just had cateract surgery and my opthomologist tells me I will likely 'not need glasses' anymore. I need to get new, uncorrected vision sunglasses and wonder if I should consider 'polarized'? Help!

Edited by sammcneill
On 9/24/2023 at 2:10 PM, Owengeorge13 said:

I have tried to contact Oakley about making a pair of there golf specific sunglasses with my prescription.  I’ve messaged them twice, no answer back either time.  My prescription won’t fit when I try to order them online.  I’m hoping there may be a way to special order a pair.  Is anyone familiar with that?

Try SportRX. I ordered a pair from them (not Oakleys) a while back and they did a great job. You can also use your HSA account if they are prescription.

Edited by gman8966

TSR3, Ventus TR Red 6X Velocore Shaft
JPX 921 Tour Irons, T22 Wedges
LAB Mezz.1 Max Armlock
-ProV1x
Foresight GC2 Launch Monitor

Fully agree with Owengeorge13. Buy the Oakley golf-specific sunglasses and don't look back. They are incredible!

Driver /Fairway Woods: Taylormade

Hybrid: Cobra

Irons: Taylormade

Wedges: Vokey

Putter: Odyssey

• 4 weeks later...

I use Costa Del Mar 580 Spectrum and they are truly amazing. They make my eyes relax even in brilliant sunshine and are truly amazing on the golf course particularly around and on the greens.

Callaway Epic Flash 9 Degree

Callaway Epic Flash 3 wood 15 Degree

Callaway Epic Hybrid 18 Degree

Callaway Apex 21 Hybrid 21Degree

Callaway Steelhead Pro 4-AW Irons

Volkey 56 Degree  Wedge Steel Shaft

Recoil Graphite Shafts in all Callaway

Cobra Vintage Series Stingray 40

Preferred ball - Titliest Pro V1

OGIO Woodie 15 Bag

MCI Zip X3 Electric Buggy

I haven't read every post but I have absolutely quit using polarized on the golf course because of depth perception issues. I even tested this. On my sim using polarized I top way more shots that I do with non polarized lens. I have some oakley golf lens that I play now but I find myself just taking the shades off with almost every swing instead. 

I should be golfing instead of talking smack on the web.