Golf Ball Factory Fire

fixyurdivot

23 hours ago, cnosil said:

Callaway has a plant in Chicopee, Massachusetts and Taylormade in Liberty, South Carolina.   

I thought the plant in Chicopee Mass was a Titleist plant. And yes the TM plant in Liberty is the old Dunlop/Slazenger plant. I think Bridgestone has a plant in Georgia too

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Speeder 565 R flex- - 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R---- Irons 5 thru PW 1980 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex steel shafts--- SW -- Cleveland 588 56* S-400 Sensicore --- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter 1997 Scotty Cameron Santa Fe Fluted Bulls Eye shaft--- Bag TM Flex Lite Stand---- Yeah I know only 11 clubs 

G

51 minutes ago, BIG STU said:

I thought the plant in Chicopee Mass was a Titleist plant. And yes the TM plant in Liberty is the old Dunlop/Slazenger plant. I think Bridgestone has a plant in Georgia too

Titleist is New Bedford, Massachusetts.  Yes, Bridgestone is in Covington, Georgia.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Paradym AI Smoke Max HL  16.5* w/MCA TENSEI AV Series Blue
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   more-golf-logo.png Render w/VA Composites Baddazz 

Backup Putters:  Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe,  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

On 9/29/2023 at 3:13 PM, BIG STU said:

Here are the US ball manufacturing facilities:

Callaway (Chicopee, MA) - old Spalding plant acquired in 2003. Currently produces Callaway’s multilayer urethane lineup. Capability for injection molded ionomer production, but likely at capacity with the Chrome Soft line (potentially gearing up for the next generation due in 2024).

Taylormade (Liberty, SC) - old Maxfli plant acquired in 2003/4. Limited to urethane cover assembly and finishing. No capacity for complete ball production. 

Bridgestone (Covington, GA) - dedicated to multilayer urethane offerings. Capability for injection molded ionomer production, but potentially at capacity with the Tour B line. 

Achushnet (New Bedford, MA and North Dartmouth, MA) - separate facilities for injection molding and cast thermoset urethane models. Shouldn’t be impacted by this since they produce 100% of their own balls unlike the other 3).

Driver:  Titleist TS2 9.5

Fairway:  Tour Edge CB4 Tour 16.5 

Irons:  Titleist 690.CB 3-PW

Wedges:  Titleist Vokey SM5 50, 56

Putter:  Odyssey Works Versa 1W

Ball:  Vice Pro Plus

On 9/29/2023 at 8:39 AM, Hacker60521 said:

Probably not domestic, but there are other golf ball factories that they could go to I suppose. But no idea if they have enough excess capacity to cover 20% of the market. Hopefully, with the winter season coming up that demand will go down a bit and manufacturers can figure it out 

There are really only 4 independent factories that can produce balls in a meaningful capacity and the largest by capacity burned down.

Foremost (Taiwan)

Launch Technologies (Taiwan)

Feng Tay (Vietnam)

SM Parker (China/Vietnam)

Foremost is the only one with the capability for cast thermoset urethane covers, so they have been in high demand and at capacity for several years. Taylormade purchasing Nassau in late 2019 already stressed multiple DTCs but the implications of this will be much worse.

Bridgestone/Callaway/Taylormade may be able to free up some capacity in their facilities, but Launch was really just handling their lower priced ionomer offerings so it is doubtful that they will want to sacrifice capacity currently earmarked for their multilayer urethane offerings. 

Some DTCs may be able to simply go to Feng Tay or SM Parker if they have capacity and have them slap their logo on a white label offering, but it won’t be the same ball. Those that can’t secure capacity elsewhere may cease to exist.

Has anyone seen information on when this facility might be back on-line?  

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Official Review)

28 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

Has anyone seen information on when this facility might be back on-line?  

Tony mentioned an estimate of around a year on the last NPG.

On 9/29/2023 at 4:13 PM, BIG STU said:

Yep, Bridgestone is right up the rode in Covington, GA.

Driver: :cobra-small: Speed Zone 9* HZRDUS Smoke Yellow Shaft

3 Wood: :cobra-small: King Speedzone 13.5* HZRDUS Smoke Black Shaft

2 & 3 Hybrids: :cobra-small: Speedzone Recoil 480 ESX Shaft

Irons: :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-GW Recoil 460 ESX Shafts

Wedges::callaway-logo-1: PM Grind 54* & 58*

Putter: :odyssey-small: Dual Force Rossi II

Ball: Whatever I find in the woods

:Arccos:

HCP:18

On 9/30/2023 at 4:45 PM, storm319 said:

There are really only 4 independent factories that can produce balls in a meaningful capacity and the largest by capacity burned down.

Foremost (Taiwan)

Launch Technologies (Taiwan)

Feng Tay (Vietnam)

SM Parker (China/Vietnam)

Foremost is the only one with the capability for cast thermoset urethane covers, so they have been in high demand and at capacity for several years. Taylormade purchasing Nassau in late 2019 already stressed multiple DTCs but the implications of this will be much worse.

Bridgestone/Callaway/Taylormade may be able to free up some capacity in their facilities, but Launch was really just handling their lower priced ionomer offerings so it is doubtful that they will want to sacrifice capacity currently earmarked for their multilayer urethane offerings. 

Some DTCs may be able to simply go to Feng Tay or SM Parker if they have capacity and have them slap their logo on a white label offering, but it won’t be the same ball. Those that can’t secure capacity elsewhere may cease to exist.

Wow. @storm319 how / why do you know all this? Really interesting 

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth2

3W: :taylormade-small: Stealth2

4H: :taylormade-small: Stealth 2

Irons 4I-9I:  :titleist-small: T200

Wedges P, 48: :titleist-small: T200

Wedges 54, 58: :titleist-small: Vokey SM9

Putter:  :odyssey-small: O Works #1 Black

On 9/30/2023 at 5:10 PM, storm319 said:

Acushnet (New Bedford, MA and North Dartmouth, MA) - separate facilities for injection molding and cast thermoset urethane models. Shouldn’t be impacted by this since they produce 100% of their own balls unlike the other 3).

For the record, both ball plants are in New Bedford. Ball Plant II is technically over the line into Dartmouth, but they're in the same industrial park and everything in there is considered to be New Bedford. Ball Plant III is where they have the public tours and the Pro V1s are made. 

In my Big Max hybrid bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:wilson_staff_small: D200 6i-GW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:maxfli: Tour S