TESTERS WANTED! ×

MyGolfSpy's ULTIMATE CLUB TEST

We made every reasonable effort (and then some) to include Adams in the test. It didn't pan out.

Their loss if people change equipment!

2016 M1 10.5 Fujikura Pro 60 Stiff
Callaway X2Hot 3W Aldila RIP Stiff
Callaway X2Hot 19° Matrix Radix S7 Stiff 
Ping i25 4i-PW KBS Stiff (soft-stepped)
Titleist SM7 52 8° F Stiff
Titleist SM7 56 8° M Stiff
Titleist SM7 60 4° L Stiff
Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5 34" Superstroke Flatso 2.0
Golf Pride MCC Plus 4 grips
Snell MTB Red (Optic Yellow)
Powerbilt TPS Cabretta Tour Glove
Callaway RAZR Laser

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Awesome and I understand it is a monumental effort, as I have gone through a few testing as participant. The efforts put into these tests are tremendous to say the least. Therefore, a BRAVO to you guys to even decide to take on a project like this.

I also found the latest test from major magazines has profiles of the participants (testers), that has been very helpful as it gives the readers an idea of some background into the comments these participants will reveal. Because besides the objective test data, the comments from the participants are also very important, and not just a one liner.

Thanks for put in the efforts and I am excited and looking forward to the results you will publish.

I'm not the most knowledgeable about all the inner workings at the manufacturers...

With TMAG owning Adams Golf, is there any chance that TMAG felt that the Adams FW's might perform better than their own clubs, and hence decided to not offer Adams FW's for the test?

I mean it is one way to eliminate at least one competitor, and most likely some strong competition.

Or am I just over thinking this?

In my Clicgear B3 cart bag on my Clicgear 3.0 pushcart:

Rocketballz 10.5* stock stiff shaft

Adams Idea A3 Boxer 19*

TMag Rocketbladez 4i-6i

Mizuno MP53 7i-PW

Mizuno MP-R12 52*, MP-T11 56*, MP-T10 60*

Some old Odyssey putter (Don't laugh, it gets the ball in the hole nicely)

Bridgestone E6

Walking on air with my True Tours and Kentwool socks

No-one will ever have golf under his thumb. No round ever will be so good it could not have been better. Perhaps this is why golf is the greatest of games. You are not playing a human adversary; you are playing a game. You are playing old man par.

Bobby Jones

You swing your best when you have the fewest things to think about.

Bobby Jones

I'm not the most knowledgeable about all the inner workings at the manufacturers...

With TMAG owning Adams Golf, is there any chance that TMAG felt that the Adams FW's might perform better than their own clubs, and hence decided to not offer Adams FW's for the test?

I mean it is one way to eliminate at least one competitor, and most likely some strong competition.

Or am I just over thinking this?

The RBZ FW is the TM featured product, they don't want to cannibalize sales in any way or have anyone even looking elsewhere in the Kingdom family for FWs is my guess. Outperform is subjective but clearly they would compete very well.

The MSG guys will know better, but I bet if this was a hybrid test, we would have Adams products happily delivered along side TM products with no concerns about Adams taking away sales.

This is the one I want to see tested.

prgr%20spoon%2015%20b,,,.jpg

In Play

Driver: Cleveland Classic XL Custom 9.5*, Woods: Cobra Baffler T-Rail 5W, 7W, Hybrids:Callaway FTiz 27* Irons: Maruman Shuttle 7-S, Wedge: Cleveland Niblick 49*, Callaway Jaws CC 60*, Putter: Ping Scottsdale Wolverine

Warming the bench

Cleveland Classic 12*, Ping Rapture V2 10.5*, Ping K15 5, 7, Ping Rapture V2 6-S, Bobby Jones H3-H6, Cleveland Classic BRZ

empty

In Play

Driver: Cleveland Classic XL Custom 9.5*, Woods: Cobra Baffler T-Rail 5W, 7W, Hybrids:Callaway FTiz 27* Irons: Maruman Shuttle 7-S, Wedge: Cleveland Niblick 49*, Callaway Jaws CC 60*, Putter: Ping Scottsdale Wolverine

Warming the bench

Cleveland Classic 12*, Ping Rapture V2 10.5*, Ping K15 5, 7, Ping Rapture V2 6-S, Bobby Jones H3-H6, Cleveland Classic BRZ

Archived