TESTERS WANTED! ×

Music on the Course

GolfSpy Dave

I always play with my Bluetooth speaker on in the cart. I keep it low enough that it can't be heard on the tee and green. Most of the people I play with either don't care or have their own setup so if we weren't using mine we would be using theirs.

Sent from my Pixel using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Does anybody know there is a search box at the top right of the page?

I used it in several different areas and it came back with nothing close. I try not to repeat topics if I can avoid it.

just starting to build my set

irons: Adams pro A12 3-pw KBS tour

woods: zenith orbiter 3 and 5

driver: Bombtech Grenade 9* Stiff

wedges: tour edge 56*

Does anybody know there is a search box at the top right of the page?

Got you fam.

[issue] App search feature

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/index.php?/topic/20521-App-search-feature

Sent by carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

I think it depends on the music. I watched some guys listening to house music loudly the entire time. To me that's weird because the tempo is fast and thumping bass can be annoying.

Other times I played with a group and my buddy was playing Johnny cash radio. It was awesome because it was slower and more relaxing.

I'm the guy that's good with either way depending on the circumstance.

What I can tell you is that I've seen other groups on the fairway next to us pretty pissed off when they could hear our music. That being said they were also in their 60s and grumpy for no reason anyways.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

casual round with my friends always has some music playing but the volume isn't loud enough for other groups to hear.  if I'm in an event of sorts or playing with people I don't know I don't even bring it up because I don't want someone to say its ok but not really mean its ok. 

Heck sometimes they ask me if I care if they play music and I say have at it because I normally listen on course as well, it really helps break the ice a little with folks you don't know and lets me know that they probably aren't going to be the crotchety internet golfer who just complains to complain.  thus far I haven't had anyone play anything too explicit or loud on the course and it doesn't take anything away from escaping the hustle and bustle of the work week.

Then Jesus told him, "Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed." John 20:29

WITB:

Driver:   2017 M2 
3/5 Woods:  2014 Big Bertha 
4/5 Hybrids:  Mashie+ 
Irons:  Apex CF16 6-PW w/Recoil 110
Wedges:  RTX3 MB 48/54/58
Putter:  White Hot Pro #3 w/SS 2.0
Ball: â€‹Z-Star Yellow

It depends on the situation for me.. If i'm out to play golf.. than no.. but If i'm having a good time and playing golf at the same time great, but never to be intrusive to anyone else on the course. If the music can be heard more then 30-40 feet from the cart it's too loud, Unless there is no one else around.. 

We've played a little resort course on Columbia river that was fair game, hell women in bikini's, guy's shirtless, Bare feet, your own cooler of whatever.. music playing.. It was fun for what it was.. but not to truly play golf.. 

Dave-

Follow me on twitter @GolfCrazyWA and on Instagram @GolfcrazyWA

WITB:

Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag 

Titleist TSR3 Hzrdus Black 65g shaft

Cobra F8+ 3wd Hzrdus Red 65g shaft

Cobra 3 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra 4 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra F8 irons 5-GW KBS tour 90 stiff shafts

Cobra King Black Wedge 54* 

Cleveland RTX Zipcore Wedge 58*

Snake Eyes Viper Putter.

Ball: Taylormade TP-5X

IMHO, it is all about respect.  Respect for the folks you are with (if they don't want music, then respect their desires) - keep it low enough that you need to be next to the cart to hear- not blaring across the course audible in the next county.  Keep the selection respectful as well- don't mind the style, but don't need to hear abusive, aggressive or profanity laced language, regardless of the "style" of music.

Frankly, that kind of sums up my approach to life- respect yourself, respect others, share differences of opinion politely (if passionately)  but don't try and force your opinion (political, economic, personal sexual preferences, religious or otherwise) on anyone- We are adults and can make up our own minds. - I despise zealotry- and have spent a lifetime working to protect our individual freedoms, liberties, and our way of life.  I guess it (giving and receiving respect) is important to me-  

What's in the bag?

Driver :callaway-small: Callaway Mavrik 105 set to 9.5, square, Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI 60G Stiff shaft
#3 Wood  :callaway-small: Callaway FT Tour 13 degree neutral setup, Fuijkara 370 Stiff Shaft
Hybrid  :cobra-small:  18 Degree King Cobra Baffler pro, Baffler Stiff shaft
4-PW :titelist-small: Titlest 714 AP2, Standard loft and lie, MGS S Shafts
:benhogan-small: 53, 57 degree loft Hogan Equalizer wedges
1962  :wilson_staff_small: Wilson "Sandy Andy" sand wedge with HUGE bounce!
Putter MLA Pro Classic
:titelist-small: Titlist ProV 1, ProV 1x

Currently Gaming "Costco Kirkland Signature Tour Performance" balls

I'll turn it down if I have to, but I'm firmly in the music is good camp.  At any given time we will have at least 3 speakers going in a round.  Yes they are probably too loud, yes 3 songs going can get weird but we don't really care.

I'll turn it down if we come up on a group but otherwise I want to hear the music.  Make golf fun, play music, drink a beer or 6.  Shoot the s*** with your buddies.  It's a game and it's time away from the kids to hang out with my buddies.  I'm going to enjoy it.

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

I'll turn it down if I have to, but I'm firmly in the music is good camp. At any given time we will have at least 3 speakers going in a round. Yes they are probably too loud, yes 3 songs going can get weird but we don't really care.

I'll turn it down if we come up on a group but otherwise I want to hear the music. Make golf fun, play music, drink a beer or 6. Shoot the s*** with your buddies. It's a game and it's time away from the kids to hang out with my buddies. I'm going to enjoy it.

True. But different people definitely enjoy golf in different ways. I'd have a hard time concentrating (and thus enjoying it) with that much commotion going on. One song and a beer would be my limit.

Sent by carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy

If I'm playing by myself I most likely will have a small speaker on my electrical car, and it is for me a great way to relax and drop a little bit of the anxiety and tension, usually is very relaxing music nothing like club type of music but when I'm playing with others out of respect for others preferences while playing I keep my music off.

True. But different people definitely enjoy golf in different ways. I'd have a hard time concentrating (and thus enjoying it) with that much commotion going on. One song and a beer would be my limit.

... And there it is. I would have no problems playing with that kind of commotion as I played QB thru college and it was always loud and chaotic. Yet we are all different in how we want to spend our 4-5 hours on a golf course. I can listen to music anywhere and do, including my car which I love, yet I can only commune with nature on the golf course. It is a respite from the electronic world I seek when I play and starting with gas golf carts, I prefer the solitude of walking and observing the natural world around me. I chose my courses not by layout first and foremost, but by how much nature the course embraces. So I avoid courses in housing developments and play on Forest Preserve type courses whenever possible.

... I am always amazed at younger players drinking and listening to music and tied to their phones that miss their surroundings completely. We saw a HUGE hawk descend on some kind of field rodent about 100 yds in front of us next to a green filled with music and drinking with this spectacular Nature Special happening 20 yds from them and they never saw it. After making sure it was dead, it flew to a tree with it's prey to finish his/her meal and these guys were completely oblivious. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

I enjoy the nature aspect of golf as well. I enjoy my winter and mid day summer rounds since the course is generally empty and I can take my time and just enjoy being outside. Don't care about the music as I can still play with the music, but prefer to listen to birds, the wind, etc.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

• 3 months later...

Time revive this a little. I've been thinking about this since I listened to some music my last round. I noticed that if I was listening to a faster song my tempo sped up and if I listened to something slower it kept me from rushing. I think my next round I will listen to George Jones the whole time to see how it goes.

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

2 weeks ago, I was playing in a scramble. Once we got a few holes (and a number of beers) under our belts, I busted out the JBL Clip. We went on a tear for the remainder of the round.

Coincidence? I think not.

I still struggle with this subject, I've played with music in the cart and even though I enjoy a good tune I just don't enjoy it on the course. In my job I'm surrounded by phones, laptops and data all day 15 hours a day and now when I get to the course I just want the sound of a well struck ball, the occasional conversation, and the surrounding natural elements.

I know it's get off my lawnish but I don't want to hear other peoples music either.

I still struggle with this subject, I've played with music in the cart and even though I enjoy a good tune I just don't enjoy it on the course. In my job I'm surrounded by phones, laptops and data all day 15 hours a day and now when I get to the course I just want the sound of a well struck ball, the occasional conversation, and the surrounding natural elements.

I know it's get off my lawnish but I don't want to hear other peoples music either.

I agree with the loud music. It's only every once in a while I like it most times it messes me up. If I golf after a 12 hour night shift it keeps me up and awake in the cart.

Time revive this a little. I've been thinking about this since I listened to some music my last round. I noticed that if I was listening to a faster song my tempo sped up and if I listened to something slower it kept me from rushing. I think my next round I will listen to George Jones the whole time to see how it goes.

This is exactly the reason that listening to music is against the rules, per Decision 14-3/17.  You'd be using an artificial device to assist you in making a stroke.  I have no real problem with music in casual rounds, as long as its at a low volume to be considerate to others.  In fact, I'd promote it for you, so that you play better and your handicap gets lower.  But in an actual match, you'd have to play by the rules, without the music.  If that becomes a problem for you, its better for me  :P

:titleist-small: Irons Titleist T200, AMT Red stiff

:callaway-small:Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:mizuno-small: T22 54 and 58 wedges

:mizuno-small: 7-wood

:Sub70: 5-wood

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

I routinely play with a foursome that has music playing. It doesn't really bother me when they play music, it's never my type of music so I just tune it out, but I myself would never play music on the course. I prefer to enjoy the natural beauty of the course and the sounds of nature!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using MyGolfSpy mobile app

In the Sun Mountain 4.5LS 14-way bag:
Driver: :taylormade-small: M2 10.5° :: Accra FX260
Fairway: :taylormade-small: M5 19° :: Fujikura ATMOS Tour Spec 7X Blue
Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS2 21° :: Mitsubishi Black 80G50
Irons:  :taylormade-small: P790 (5-AW) :: KBS Tour 110
Sand Wedge: :cleveland-small: CBX-2 54° :: KBS Tour 110
Lob Wedge: :cleveland-small: RTX-3 58° :: TT Dynamic Gold
Putter: :cameron-small: Phantom X 5.5
Ball: :titelist-small: AVX

I'll turn it down if I have to, but I'm firmly in the music is good camp.  At any given time we will have at least 3 speakers going in a round.  Yes they are probably too loud, yes 3 songs going can get weird but we don't really care.

I'll turn it down if we come up on a group but otherwise I want to hear the music.  Make golf fun, play music, drink a beer or 6.  Shoot the s*** with your buddies.  It's a game and it's time away from the kids to hang out with my buddies.  I'm going to enjoy it.

LOL...the last tourney I played had 3 speakers going.  One was playing hiphop, the second was playing hard rock and the third was playing latin music.  Made it interesting when teeing off or putting.  Didn't matter as the guys I was golfing with were pretty lit and it was a fun tourney.  Loud enough for our group to hear all three but not enough to affect others on the course....

MDGolfHacker

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

I have a cart and I play music most guys I play with like it. I always ask. I also don't play it loud. Basically I play it loud enough to hear when in the cart. Also you have to look at the younger generation love to play music.

Put it on 90's Country music in one the apps loke Spotify or pandora. If you have Sirius put it on 90's Country. That's the best music to play golf to.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

Put it on 90's Country music in one the apps loke Spotify or pandora. If you have Sirius put it on 90's Country. That's the best music to play golf to.

... LOL, I would walk off the course. When I was a DJ in my previous life I worked at WUSN in Chicago for two years doing afternoon drive. If I never hear a country song again, it will not be too soon.  :rolleyes:

Jimmy Buffet channel on Sirius for me !

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

I'm a pretty big outlier here- I used to listen to "The Boxer" to get amped up for hockey...

WITB: 

Adams 9064LS 9.5* (until I cracked the face)

Adams Super LS 17*

Adams XTD Ti 23*

Wilson Staff Ci7 4-PW

Adams wedges: 52/7 56/13 60/7

Wilson Staff Infinite Southside putter/Odyssey DualForce 660 putter

I'm a pretty big outlier here- I used to listen to "The Boxer" to get amped up for hockey...

... I can see how this would really get your blood flowing!

In the quiet of the railway station, runnin' scared, laying low,

Seeking out the poorer quarters, where the ragged people go,

Looking for the places only they would know.

(One of my favorite songs btw)

...and he carries the reminder

Of every glove that laid him down or cut him til he cried out

In his anger and his shame...

WITB: 

Adams 9064LS 9.5* (until I cracked the face)

Adams Super LS 17*

Adams XTD Ti 23*

Wilson Staff Ci7 4-PW

Adams wedges: 52/7 56/13 60/7

Wilson Staff Infinite Southside putter/Odyssey DualForce 660 putter