TESTERS WANTED! ×

Music on the Course

GolfSpy Dave

43 minutes ago, mikeanthony said:

For those of you that are listening to music, preferably with wireless headphones 😉 ... what are you listening to? 

I’ll sometimes wear headphones while at the driving range and for me, it’s house/trance music. 😎

Did read a comment about how it helps block out mental chatter for another by listening to music. Never thought of that as a benefit while playing the course. 

It does help me zone. I’m fairly quick on course not much gets in my head but music is an added bonus for me (work to I can blow through a lot of stuff when I zone out with music). Not that I zone out on course but just that groove. 
for me typically depends on my mood but usually rock country or 90s early 2000 rap. Luke combs or lil Wayne 99% of the time does the trick.

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

I played with 2 guys last week who were using the bushnell speaker and gps. It doesn’t bother me much during leisure rounds. Anything more than that I’d rather be fully focused. The bushnell unit was kinda cool, they thought the golf clap feature was great😂

a playlist of country music works for me. I don’t  think I could have any sort of EDM or rap music going

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 Plus 9deg Kai' li Red

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 13deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 15deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 4-PW Nippon Modus 120s

:vokey-small: SM8 54 and 58deg Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex

:titleist-small: Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Titleist ProV1

:ping-small: Hoofer Stand Bag

Stewart Q Follow Electric Caddie

:callaway-small: 300 PRO Rangefinder

Official Nippon Regio B+ Driver Shaft Review

Official Stewart Q Follow Review

• 1 month later...

Similar but different - I'm seeing more driving ranges and practice areas playing music. I actually really like that, it's a nice touch at a destination course with a music that fits the course's theme (mountain course with bluegrass music, beach course with beach-y music). The Golfers Journal interviewed Don Rea recently and he talked about how his local muni course changes the music the play throughout the day as the players change (early mornings- classics for the older crowd; later afternoons- more todays hits for the high school and younger group practicing after school). A little something in the background never bothered me.

:taylormade-small: M6 12* Oban Kiyoshi Purple 65g stiff

:titelist-small: TS2 16.5* HL Oban Kiyoshi Purple 75g stiff

:ping-small:  G410 Hybrid 19* Tour stiff 

:ping-small: i210 KBS tour stiff 4-GW

:cleveland-small: 54* RTX Zipcore

:ping-small: 58* glide 3.0

:taylormade-small:  TP Black Copper Juno 34in

Oncore elixr or Snell MTBx

• 1 month later...

Me and my Uncle got paired with a couple of guys that had music playing in their cart. I asked them to turn it down on the first hole. They were fine with that. I said I really like the seclusion and sounds of nature when I play. I’m not sure I understand this trend- one of the greatest things about golf is the tranquility. I almost always walk so that if I have a bad round at least I got out in nature and got some exercise. 
Plus, why would I want to be subjected to someone else’s taste in music? Use headphones you egomaniacs! 

Driver: Callaway Paradym; Hzrdus Silver 50 Gram

3 Wood: Ping 410; "Otto Phlex" Project X Evenflow Riptide 

7 Wood: Callaway Epic Max 

3, 5-7 Irons: Callaway Apex 19

8-AW Irons: Callaway Apex Pro 19

Wedges: Callaway MD4 54, Callaway MD4 58 X Grind 

Putter: Evnroll ER2v; Midlock and Standard 34 inch with Gravity Gip

I like some music on the course. My buddy has a bluetooth speaker he'll bring along and we'll listen to tunes, usually at a volume that we can't hear from the teebox.

I'd rather be paired up with someone listening to music, even if it was music I hated, than a bunch of cigar smokers or ignorant "joke tellers".

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

38 minutes ago, russtopherb said:

I like some music on the course. My buddy has a bluetooth speaker he'll bring along and we'll listen to tunes, usually at a volume that we can't hear from the teebox.

I'd rather be paired up with someone listening to music, even if it was music I hated, than a bunch of cigar smokers or ignorant "joke tellers".

I always play music when I'm playing alone. However, I wouldn't mind it if others were playing as well. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

• 1 month later...

I don't mind it as long as the volume isn't ridiculous.  I personally wouldn't do it for myself... seems like a distraction to trying to focus on a round of golf... I have enough issue making sure my Garmin is charged, let alone dealing with a bluetooth speaker, connecting to a streaming service/channel of choice and making sure my playing partners don't mind the music and my choices.... I could be on #3 by the time I get all that set up.  Haha.  

• Titleist TSR3 9* (A2 setting) Driver - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Titleist TSR2+ 3 Wood - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Srixon ZX 5W
  • Callaway Paradym 4-PW
  • Titleist Vokey SM9 50-08, 54-10 & 58-08
  • Scotty Cameron Super Select Newport 2.5
  • 2023 Titleist ProV1

That would drive me bananas, but I haven't encountered it.

Louisville Golf Persimmon___2, 4, 5, 7-woods;    Epon AF-906___driving iron;   Titleist T100 5, 6, 7, 8, 9-irons; 

Titleist T100S___48°;     Edison 2.0___53º;     Titleist SM-9 (T)___58º;   Tad Moore Otto Hackbarth___putter;   

Titleist Pro V1x___ball