Music on the Course

GolfSpy Dave

Personally, I cannot stand to hear groups playing (or blaring) music from across the fairway. I've also teamed up with a few people from time to time to move play along a little quicker and they turn music on in the middle of a round. Drives me absolutely nuts.

I feel like golfing, at least for me, is a chance to break away from my normal routine and just have a bit of quite time. Unless I hit a crazy good shot, then its not so quite anymore. 

Just wonder how everyone felt about it? Think its a golf course sin? Or an acceptable practice? Would love to hear everyone's opinion!

• Like 2

WIMB:

:nike-small: Covert Driver set at 10.5

:taylormade-small: RBZ Stage 2 15 Degree 3 wood

:taylormade-small: RBZ Stage 2 19 Degree Hybrid

:nike-small: Cover 2.0 Irons 4-PW, AW

52 Degree Shakespeare Wedge

60 Degree Giga Golf Wedge

Golfmate Putter

Judge Smails would agree...

https://youtu.be/W3A9rLoz_0o

• Like 3

In the Bag for 2021

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5* AD TP 6x

:callaway-small: Rogue SZ 15* AD TP 7x

:callaway-small: Rogue SZ 18* AD MT 7x

:callaway-small: X Forged UT 24* MMT 105TX

:callaway-small: Apex Pro 5 - AW Steelfiber 115x

:callaway-small: PM Grind 2.0 54* $ 58* KBS $ Taper 120 Black

:ping-small: B90

Judge Smails would agree...

https://youtu.be/W3A9rLoz_0o

As would PlaidJacket!

As for me -- doesn't bother me one bit. I don't listen to music while playing, but don't care if someone else in my group does. 

What's in the bag:

Driver:  Sub 70 639D - 9.5; :cleveland-small: Launcher HB Turbo; :mizuno-small: ST 190 
FW Wood: :tour-edge: Tour Edge EXS 220 - 15*; :mizuno-small: ST 180 14*
Hybrids:  PXG 0311 22
Utility Irons: :wilson_staff_small: Staff Model Utilities 18, 21, 24*;  Lynx VT Stinger - 16*
Irons::wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged; :benhogan-small:PTx Pro, :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; :wilson_staff_small: Progressives (circa 1993)

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX -2, :benhogan-small:Riviera 52-56-60; :wilson_staff_small: Staff Model
Putter:   :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8,  :benhogan-small:Baby Ben

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B X (2020); :srixon-small: Z-STAR XV

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Honestly depends on the type of music being played. I know this is going to sound funny coming from a redneck but I can not stand modern country or some of this techno mess. None of my regular group does it anyhow. I may play some with the buds in if on the range but seldom

Driver ---- TM M-6 Evenflow 65 G R flex---- 3 wood TM V-Steel Aldila 65G R Flex--- 7 Wood TM V-Steel Ust Pro Force 65 R flex---  Irons 4 thru PW 1980 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts-- SW Cleveland 588 56* S-400 Sensicore---- LW Cleveland 588 60* S-400 Sensicore--- Putter Rusty 1997 Scotty Cameron Santa Fe fluted Bulls Eye shaft- Bag My Old School Titleist Mini Staff

Personally, I cannot stand to hear groups playing (or blaring) music from across the fairway. I've also teamed up with a few people from time to time to move play along a little quicker and they turn music on in the middle of a round. Drives me absolutely nuts.

I feel like golfing, at least for me, is a chance to break away from my normal routine and just have a bit of quite time. Unless I hit a crazy good shot, then its not so quite anymore. 

Just wonder how everyone felt about it? Think its a golf course sin? Or an acceptable practice? Would love to hear everyone's opinion!

I'm not going to bore anyone with my rehash about playing music on the course. However, for the most part I agree with iLikeGolf. If you're interested do a few searches in the forums and you'll find my thoughts.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

I can't stand it and I'm a huge music lover. When I'm out golfing I want to hear mowers and birds, not some jackasses stereo.

It doesn't surprise me that people can't concentrate on just golf and need to be stimulated every second, it's the way it is these days. People can't even stand and observe things around them anymore without burying their faces in their cellphones.

WITB:

Stan Thompson “Reactionizer” persimmon woods 1-4

Spalding Tour Edition 3-PW

Spalding Top-Flite E.V.A. Sand Club

Rife Legend Z Putter

I listen to music in my headphones when I play by myself but as far as loud music from speakers it's annoying. In a scramble it's ok but not when I am playing a round that matters

• Like 1

Ping G410 LST 10.5 set -1* Flat Accra TZ5 65 M5

Callaway Epic Flash 15* set -1 Aldila ATX Blue 75TX

Ben Hogan FT Worth Hi 19* KBS Tour V X

Ben Hogan PTX Pro 4-P KBS Tour V X 2* Flat 4* loft increments

Hogan Equalizer 50* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 X 2* Flat

Hogan Equalizer 56* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 2* Flat

Hogan Equalizer 62* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 2* Flat

EVNROLL ER7 P2 Aware Tour
Scotty Cameron Newport2 Buttonback P2 Aware Tour Grip
Snell MTB-X

I can't stand it and I'm a huge music lover. When I'm out golfing I want to hear mowers and birds, not some jackasses stereo.

Couldn't agree with you more.

I have music playing about 85% of my day, either in my headphones or in the car, but something about hearing being played from cart drives me insane.

• Like 1

WIMB:

Golfmate Putter

I don't mind quiet music a whole lot, but it should never be played at a level loud enough to affect other golfers.  For those who insist that its their right ro play their music at whatever volume they want, I'd refer them to the USGA Rules.  Although the Etiquette section doesn't really impose requirements, it does say:

Players should ensure that any electronic device taken onto the course does not distract other players.

Seems simple to me

• Like 3

:titelist-small: Irons Titleist AP2 714, KBS Tour S, 3 flat

:callaway-small: Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:vokey-small: 52, 56, and 60 wedges

:ping-small: B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

I don't mind quiet music a whole lot, but it should never be played at a level loud enough to affect other golfers.  For those who insist that its their right ro play their music at whatever volume they want, I'd refer them to the USGA Rules.  Although the Etiquette section doesn't really impose requirements, it does say:

Players should ensure that any electronic device taken onto the course does not distract other players.

Seems simple to me

Amen!

Taylor Made Sim2  10.5 (Opened 1 click) Ventus Blue 5  R flex

Ping G410 5-9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Wilson D7 forged 6-GW -  Mamiya recoil 460 R flex

Edison Wedges 54 and 59 KBS Tour Graphite 80's

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

Tour Exotics 3 wood is in the bag because we are allowed 14 clubs.  It's a great club for pulling balls out of the water or from bushes - you never want to put your hand into anything in Florida unless you are absolutely certain that it's safe.  There are rare wind conditions when I might hit it off the tee on a few holes that I play.  

I don't mind quiet music a whole lot, but it should never be played at a level loud enough to affect other golfers. For those who insist that its their right ro play their music at whatever volume they want, I'd refer them to the USGA Rules. Although the Etiquette section doesn't really impose requirements, it does say:

Seems simple to me

The rules themselves disallow music. I've gotten folks disqualified for it before. Rule 14-3 and its clarified in decision 17.

I can't stand it. Those in the music camp insist you can't hear it outside their cart. I've heard music on the course plenty enough to tell me they're wrong. I go to the golf course for the sounds of nature and that of a well struck golf shot. Not to hear your crappy music through a micro sized speaker in your cup holder. If you have to have it and break the rules, fine, use headphones. I don't want to hear it

• Like 4

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

If you want to hear music while you play wear ear buds or headphones as to keep the noise between your ears.

Over the years there as been a increase in noise period. People don't talk they yell. I was taught never to speak loud enough to be heard by anyone outside my group. That means no yelling across the fairway, on the greens, etc. These days people show no regard to anyone outside of their group.

So what? So let's dance..

• Like 3

Respectfully,
DHUCK WHOOKER

I play music when I'm out alone as in the may be 4 people on the course. And I don't care if people in the group play it, keep it low though.

I find the people that yell after a drive, putt, par, chip in, or bad shot, far Far FAR more annoying.

A vast majority of people golfing at muni's here don't really care about the rules much any way.

• Like 1

My Mixed-Bag:

Driver:      :callaway-small: Mavrik Sub zero, ventus black 7x

Fairway:     Still looking!

Irons:         :mizuno-small:MP-18 MB 4-PW

Wedges:     Miura K Grinds

Putter:       Evnroll 1.2 blade

Ball:        :srixon-small: Z star XV

The rules themselves disallow music. I've gotten folks disqualified for it before. Rule 14-3 and its clarified in decision 17.

I can't stand it. Those in the music camp insist you can't hear it outside their cart. I've heard music on the course plenty enough to tell me they're wrong. I go to the golf course for the sounds of nature and that of a well struck golf shot. Not to hear your crappy music through a micro sized speaker in your cup holder. If you have to have it and break the rules, fine, use headphones. I don't want to hear it

Well put Rookie.

WIMB:

Golfmate Putter

• 1 year later...

I used this today and LOVED it! I slid it into the pocket next to my water bottle on my new Callaway HL-5. Great little speaker, and it's even waterproof! Called the Mini H2O

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 3

Driver: :cobra-small: King F9 Speedback/:callaway-small:Epic Max LS, Xphlexxx Busa 2 Liquid, XX stiff, 45”

Fwy:  :callaway-small: Epic Speed 4w, MMT 80X

Hybrid: :callaway-small: X2 Hot Pro, 20*, Graphite Design Tour AD-DI 105X

Irons: :honma:TR20 Tour P 4-10, :Nippon: Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

All but putter have Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Calibrate midsize built to oversize +1

I listen to music but only on the driving range and with earbuds. Doesn't disturb others and helps my mood while practicing. However I never play music on the corse.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 3

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

Cobra King F-9  5 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Snell MTB-X 

2020 Official Tester :SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

This one came outta the archives!

I'm not a fan for myself, but it doesn't usually bother me. We encounter a lot of guys that have music playing, and it's usually not loud.

I agree with others that the yelling and other loud moronic things is far worse.

• Like 2

This one came outta the archives!

I'm not a fan for myself, but it doesn't usually bother me. We encounter a lot of guys that have music playing, and it's usually not loud.

I agree with others that the yelling and other loud moronic things is far worse.

I'm not a fan of music on the course. Last weekend there was a group on the 18th green and their music was blaring. I was over on the 9th green and could hear every note. Then just yesterday as I was attempting to make a crucial final putt on 18 there were a bunch of goons (liquored up I'm guessing) on the 10th tee box yelling all over the place and yucking it up. Which is worse? Probably the goons.... or as I like to call them... the Fools.

• Like 3

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour