Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Music on the Course

GolfSpy Dave

There are a couple of speaker reviews in the forum already. Search UE Boom and you'll find them. The newly released UE Wonderboom is next on the review list.

Yep, already read them ;) thanks!

MDGolfHacker

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

We usually walk the course and one of us has a Bose speaker on their walking cart. If we approach a green which is near a tee box or other green the music immediately gets turned down. We did have one tournament announce that music was not allowed per usga rule and the foursome I played in really wanted to have some playing.

It's been relaxing for me on the course and I've no issue as long as it isn't disrupting others. This game is complicated enough with all of the rules. Loosen up a bit and we might find people more interested in playing.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Does the USGA rule apply to singing? Four part harmony can make a slow round that much more enjoyable....

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

... As someone that considers music an essential part of my life I don't want it on the course. I have an insanely expensive audiophile system I pieced together when I was a DJ in Chicago and listen to it often. Always have music on in the car, headphones mowing the lawn, in the kitchen, etc. The golf course is the one place to get away from technology and I enjoy the sight and sounds of nature, a huge part of the allure of the game for me. I wanna hear the wind, birds, frogs, insects and anything nature I can hear. As I said, it is the only time I truly commune with nature in todays super high tech world. Nothing like the faint screech of a hawk in the distance which would go unheard with music on the course. 

... Al that said, I am not offended if I am paired up with others and they ask to play music, as long as it isn't rap or country!  :wacko:

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

I just played in a city scramble and my group and several others had music going. Personally, I find golf more enjoyable with music, but I can understand how some might find it bothersome

Driver: :callaway-logo-1: 10.5* XR16 R Flex

Woods: :callaway-logo-1: Big Bertha V-Series 3 Wood R Flex

Hybrid: :titelist-small: 913H 21* R flex

Irons: :wilson_staff_small: C300 4-PW R Flex

Wedges: :titelist-small: SM5 50*, 54*, 58*

Putter: :cleveland-small: 2135 Cero 33" / :odyssey-small: EXO Seven S 33"

New bluetooth speaker review will be coming soon B)

I have an Oontz Angle Plus Bluetooth speaker that works great and I only paid $35 for it! Maybe one to consider for review

I like going to the driving range at night when they crank the classic rock over the PA but I can not stand music on the course! When I'm playing, I need to focus and I just can't if music is playing. I also hate when I'm playing with a group and they ask if it's ok to play music. Why? Because people are out to have fun and I don't want to be the jerk who says they can't enjoy themselves! If you're going to play music, don't do it in a mixed foursome. Just because the odd man out says he/she doesn't mind, doesn't necessarily make it the case.

Driver:  :ping-small:  G 10.5* W/Tour Stiff 65g Ping Shaft   

Fairway Woods:  :cobra-small:  Cobra F6 13.5*, F6 Baffler 16*  

Irons: Split Set-  :ping-small: i200 3i - 7i ,  :benhogan-small: Ft Worth 15s, 8 (36), 9 (40), PW (44) 

Wedges: :benhogan-small:  TK, 52* & 56*

Putter:  :ping-small: Sigma G Kushin 

Bag:  :ping-small: Hoofer 5way

Balls:  :taylormade-small: TP5/X

I play better when I got my playlist going. I usually walk as a single,so the beats go in the ears and I tune out from everything else. Funny thing is my gym playlist is the same as my golf playlist. Five Finger Death Punch, Disturbed and Pantera on the first tee please!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What do you think about tunes on the course? Ok in a casual round? What about tournament play? And what if the whole group is ok with it?

I play with a bunch of guys most of which play better with the music, ready golf and a quick but relaxed pace. Some of the guys want the music as loud as can be without it affecting other groups around us. We have a few folks that even like it during a tournament round as long as the group is good with it. Everyone always asks first. What are your thoughts? Should it be ok if the group approves? Another rule gone too far by the USGA?

How can it be heard by a foursome and not be loud enough to bother other players? Headphones or save it for the bar.

Just as long as everyone is cool with it. I don't have a problem with it. Some people I play with don't like it. There are times to turn it up, down, or even off. Just be aware of other players, especially those not in your group. Golf should be a game of manners and respect.

• 2 months later...

Couldn't find this on other threads so I thought I'd ask it here. I've always thought of the course as a quiet place, a respite from the noise and rush of everyday life. But I've noticed a trend lately with people I've played with as well as others playing around me to have music blasting in the cart. What's your take on this? Personally I've never mixed music and sports. I find it distracts from the groove I can get into if I'm mentally focused. I find it completely unsafe when running or biking which obviously isn't a problem here. If you do use music on the course what does it do for you?

-Will

just starting to build my set

irons: Adams pro A12 3-pw KBS tour

woods: zenith orbiter 3 and 5

driver: Bombtech Grenade 9* Stiff

wedges: tour edge 56*

Couldn't find this on other threads so I thought I'd ask it here. I've always thought of the course as a quiet place, a respite from the noise and rush of everyday life. But I've noticed a trend lately with people I've played with as well as others playing around me to have music blasting in the cart. What's your take on this? Personally I've never mixed music and sports. I find it distracts from the groove I can get into if I'm mentally focused. I find it completely unsafe when running or biking which obviously isn't a problem here. If you do use music on the course what does it do for you?

-Will

One of the guys I play with in my league has music going. He doesn't have it too loud you can basically only hear it if you are right next to his push cart. But I do like it

-Will

I'm with you... the only place music belongs on/at the course is in the clubhouse on the 19th hole.  Enjoy the birds chirping, the winds blowing and the peace & quiet that mother Earth provides...

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

I don't mind the noise.  I would rather have a nice peaceful round as opposed to Thunderstruck playing in the background but it all depends on who you are playing with.  If its just a nice casual round, music is fine.  If its serious, I like for it to be tranquil and seeing air guitar being played. Lol.  *Yes guilty of this*

:callaway-small:  Epic Flash SZ 9o w/ Ventus 6X

:callaway-small:  Rogue 4wd w/ ATMOS Red 7X

:755178188_TourEdge: CBX 20o w/ ATMOS Blue 7S tipped 1"

:mizuno-small:  JPX 900 Tour 4i - PW (standard lofts) Rifle

:titelist-small:  SM6 51o, 59o, SM7 55o   

:titelist-small:  2019 ProV1x

:tp-mills-1: Custom Ming

I actually enjoy the music on the course. It doesn't need to be incredible loud or anything but I actually practice a lot with headphones it. Just I agree on the course it isn't necessary to be blaring music.

I find it just takes my head out of it and I focus on the music instead of every detail of the shot and normally I just swing.

In my Mens Golf Association about half the guys play music. It doesn't bother me as long as it's not too loud. I even bought a PUMA soundchuck speaker to play music during my solo practice rounds, I find it relaxes me.

:callaway-small: XR Driver Matrix Ozik 8m3 Black Tie Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

PXG 0211 DC 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX ZIPCORE 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 2.0 grip

:Snell: MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

I'm with you... the only place music belongs on/at the course is in the clubhouse on the 19th hole.  Enjoy the birds chirping, the winds blowing and the peace & quiet that mother Earth provides...

... I was a DJ from 72-82 making my way from Greenville NC to Chicago and have an audiophile music system so clearly I love music. But I am with you on this. So hard to find absolute peace and commune with nature, at least in the Chicago suburbs, so I love the tranquility golf offers. The sounds of the wind, the birds, the frogs and the occasional screech of a hawk is something I love and for me at least, music has no place on a golf course. That said I have been paired up with others that have it on in their cart but I needed to be near it to hear the music so I had no problem with that. Only once was I paired up with some semi-drunk 20 somethings that blared their music, mostly rap, but they were pretty obnoxious in general and I dropped back after 9. 

I don't choose to have music, but if someone has it on at a low volume, I don't mind much.  Loud music, no, its an intrusion on everyone around.

For serious golf, music is specifically not allowed under the rules.  If it helps you play better, like a couple of others have mentioned, I think having to play without it puts you at a disadvantage.  So please, practice all you want with music, but you can't play it in a match against me.

:titleist-small: Irons Titleist T200, AMT Red stiff

:callaway-small:Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:mizuno-small: T22 54 and 58 wedges

:mizuno-small: 7-wood

:Sub70: 5-wood

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

I think that if it is that important for you to have music, or if you like it that much, you should grab a set of bluetooth earbuds.  they even make some that are completely wireless now.  I just don't think you should project whatever music you're listening to onto everyone else around you.  It's kind of like that jack-off that pulls up with all their windows down blaring some noise.  (Happened to me and my 10 y/o at a red light once and these idiots were listening to some crap with swear words up and down and we were at a red light with nowhere to go.  I had my windows rolled up but still had to sit there and hear it until the light turned green)

The-Dash.png

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

I have a long time friend that was a band mate when I was a drummer in a club band.  Our Federation cards expired a long, long time ago.  While not often, we do get some golf in together and he likes to play music when we do.   He always asks if it is ok, and I always say as long as it doesn't bother or disturb others.   Heck, it helps me find my rhythm, so to speak.   Dancing with the cart girl makes the round a bit more enjoyable as well.

I personally really enjoy listening to music while I play. Heck I like listening to music all the time. But I do realize and respect that lots of people like the quiet while they play. So I do have a small Bluetooth speaker on my cart, for days I play with people who also like to listen to music. We do keep it quiet and not obnoxious, we are aware of those around us. Other days when I go solo I will put some ear buds in to play. I too get annoyed with guys who are half in the bag and blasting music and not being respectful to the other guys on the course.

There was a thread on this that I managed to find, though brief, it's a pretty good idea of how everyone feels about the idea

Music on the course

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/index.php?/topic/19092-Music-on-the-course

I'm all for music as long as it isn't crazy loud and distracting to not only you, but others on the course. But, it also depends on what kind of golf I'm playing. If I'm doing something competitive and taking it a bit more serious, I think the music might be a no go. However, if I'm out just drinking some beers and having a good time playing golf, play whatever you like.

Driver: Ping G 9.5*

Fairway: TaylorMade AeroBurner

Hybrid: Adams Blue

Irons: TaylorMade Burner 2.0

Wedges: TaylorMade Tour Preferred EF

Putter: Odyssey O-Works #1

I don't listen to music when I play. I have friends who do. As long as it's not bothering anyone else, and we're having a good time, I'm fine with it, just not too loud.

Sent from my SM-T580 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

2017  :taylormade-small: M1 460, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0

:mizuno-small: JPX EZ 3 wood
:cobra-small: Fly-Z 4H
:mizuno-small: MP-60, 3i-PW, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:mizuno-small: S5 54° & 58°, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:cameron-small: California Monterey
:titelist-small: Pro V1x

I enjoy music with everything I do, however I only play in the cart when I'm alone. I don't want to impose my music taste on others nor do I want to disturb them as they're playing

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Does anybody know there is a search box at the top right of the page?

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

I enjoy music with everything I do, however I only play in the cart when I'm alone. I don't want to impose my music taste on others nor do I want to disturb them as they're playing

... Good point that has been over looked I think. I certainly wouldn't mind some classic rock IF I had to listen to music from someone's cart, but would be very distracted by Rap or Country. 

I used to play music when I first started playing for the atmosphere since we were terrible anyway. As I got better (and more knowledgeable of etiquette), I stopped that unless I was on the range with headphones.

In a league match recently, our opponents were blasting a Beats Pill with their music. At first, it was disorienting since I basically never see it on the course and my partner got super pissed. He's the type that loves it 80's and no wind so adversity isn't exactly his thing. I drew back on my days playing baseball in front of thousands night in and night out and was able to calm my thoughts. I had to act as his psychologist and help him calm his as well and we both ended up winning our matches as a result.

While they were definitely in poor taste playing their music, it relieved any pressure from me for having to be quiet while they hit or putt. IMO, music is a fine atmospheric enhancement once you get used to it because it can help loosen up your nerves. This is a game after all.

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

... I think what some of us are saying isn't that music interferes with our golf. It interferes with our ability to appreciate our natural surroundings. I live in the suburbs of a big city and the golf course is my respite from the hustle and bustle of everyday life. I grew up in the country and miss the sounds and feel of nature so a walk on a golf course is a walk in the country that I share with plants and animals more than other human beings. So as much as I love music, on the course I love the sounds of nature even more.