Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Converting Hinge and Hold to a Full Swing and Review of Dante's 4MM

UPDATE: Alright guys. First off, I want to thank everyone for the advice that was given to me throughout this thread so far. I had a GREAT round yesterday. Swing-wise, it me three holes of double-bogeys to figure out what I wanted to do (YUCK!) but once I got to the fourth holes, it was just pars and bogeys from there. I didn't get to play 18 because it was starting to get dark, but I am very confident going into my next round. Throughout the round, I used three kinds of swings. It might sound like something I shouldnt do, but everything I did seemed natural. For my Driver and hybrids, I used my old swing, which worked. For the irons, I used Dante's and for the wedges I used my old swing. For everything inside 60 yards, I used hinge-and-hold. What allowed me to use all three swings while staying consistent was my grip. I used my old grip and it naturally created my old swing (and the hinge-and-hold), and when I used Dante's grip it NATURALLY (that surprised me on the course) made Dante's swing. What helped me the most was the pre-shot routine. It kept me with a nice tempo and I was hitting the ball longer. MY 9-iron was my 150 club, and I hit my 3 Hybrid 240 consistently all day. Thanks for everything guys! Ill let you know how my round goes on monday or tuesday, and will play 18 so I have a score to show for it

Inside My Blue Callaway Warbird X Golf Stand Bag:

Driver:Nike SQ 10.5* with Graphite Design Y6+

3W:Cobra S2 14*

4W: Nike SQ Dymo 17*

3H and 4H: Taylormade Rescue 19* and 22*

5H: Cleveland Mashie 23*

6H: Adams a3os Hollow-Back

7Iron-Sand Wedge:Callaway X-20 Series with Callaway Steel

Lob Wedge (60*):Cleveland CG-12 Black Pearl with Cleveland TRaction Steel Wedge Flex

Putter: Odyssey Versa #9

Golfball: Callaway Hex Black Tour

That's great!!!...The name of the game is to have fun & it sounds like you had a good time day...May you enjoy many more!....

The best....

Fairways & Greens 4ever......

I really was having a lot of fun out there. Unfortunately my home course is having tournaments every day this week. Plus, my girlfriend of two years has her birthday on Friday so Im taking her to the city. Looks like I will be going out Wednesday for nine at a different course. I love the change of scenery, and I actually learned a lot of golf on that course, but it is a tough one. Im interested to see how much carry over I get.

Lob Wedge (60*):Cleveland CG-12 Black Pearl with Cleveland TRaction Steel Wedge Flex

• 2 weeks later...

I'm in the 80s now because of this! Thank you for all of the members who contributed to this! I'm loving my game right now. I played 9 today and shot 44 and that was with 2 double bogeys and a triple. If I can start making my mistakes less severe and playing the safer side of the percentages more, then I am looking at even lower scores. Thanks everyone!

PS: My handicap dropped to a 16 :D and it keeps dropping! *KNOCK ON WOOD*

• 11 years later...

The Dante system is ingenious in that it reduces the amount of variables in the golf swing. I’ve been using it for 15 years and no doubt the compression of the ball with so little effort is addicting. I’m working now on adding distance which requires a fuller shoulder turn, a more aggressive lateral hip slide, faster hands into impact, and a complete weight shift into the left side with full rotation of the hips and shoulders. In short, the body is the engine which controls the speed of the swing.

8 hours ago, HGJ said:

The Dante system is ingenious in that it reduces the amount of variables in the golf swing. I’ve been using it for 15 years and no doubt the compression of the ball with so little effort is addicting. I’m working now on adding distance which requires a fuller shoulder turn, a more aggressive lateral hip slide, faster hands into impact, and a complete weight shift into the left side with full rotation of the hips and shoulders. In short, the body is the engine which controls the speed of the swing.

I had this book 30 plus years ago.A good read.But was hook city for me.At the time I had a pretty obvious under plane slot move in my transition.And pivoted open excessively to make sure I didn’t hit a big push or duck hook.That backward wrist break idea with my transition move was no bueno.Feel bad for some of the time shares on the left sides of the fairway back in those days.I think it is just a manipulation move. For the vast majority of open face impact golfers.It will help alleviate but never fix the true reason why many have open clubface impact.If it works than keep doing it for sure 

Edited by Goober