TESTERS WANTED! ×

What ya drinking tonight?

RookieBlue7

2 hours ago, silver & black said:

A little Elijah Craig tonight.

OK... question?  🤔

You always seem to have a little of this and a little of that.  Do you have all of these different bourbons, scotches, or whatever lying around?  Or did you run out of something, and bought something else?

I tend to pick up something when I get low.  I was into scotch many years ago, but lately trying different bourbons.  I have several favorites, but I'm partial to bourbon aged in oak barrels.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

7 hours ago, Kenny B said:

OK... question?  🤔

You always seem to have a little of this and a little of that.  Do you have all of these different bourbons, scotches, or whatever lying around?  Or did you run out of something, and bought something else?

I tend to pick up something when I get low.  I was into scotch many years ago, but lately trying different bourbons.  I have several favorites, but I'm partial to bourbon aged in oak barrels.

I was in the whiske(e)y hobby for quite a few years. I had probably close to 200 bottles at one time....scotch, bourbon, irish, japanese, indian....

I still have some scotch and bourbon left from those days. I do buy the stuff I drink most of the time... OGD Bonded, WT101. Since being on lock down I have aquired a few more bottles of old favorites...lol. I have 10 bottles right now. It's been a few years since I've had more than 3 at a time. I miss my stash...lol.

I was in the whiske(e)y hobby for quite a few years. I had probably close to 200 bottles at one time....scotch, bourbon, irish, japanese, indian....
I still have some scotch and bourbon left from those days. I do buy the stuff I drink most of the time... OGD Bonded, WT101. Since being on lock down I have aquired a few more bottles of old favorites...lol. I have 10 bottles right now. It's been a few years since I've had more than 3 at a time. I miss my stash...lol.

For my 30th Birthday my wife threw me a surprise part that was whiskey themed...

I still like 9 or 10 unopened bottles of scotch/Irish whiskey/bourbon. It’s hard to choose what to have haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

4 hours ago, B.Boston said:

For my 30th Birthday my wife threw me a surprise part that was whiskey themed...

I still like 9 or 10 unopened bottles of scotch/Irish whiskey/bourbon. It’s hard to choose what to have haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's never hard you open them one by one and have a small amount of each until you find one you like then you drink that. I rotate what I drink every day I drink just because I don't want to run out of one faster than the other. But once it gets half full I start focusing on that because it will evaporate and no one wants that.

It's never hard you open them one by one and have a small amount of each until you find one you like then you drink that. I rotate what I drink every day I drink just because I don't want to run out of one faster than the other. But once it gets half full I start focusing on that because it will evaporate and no one wants that.

I totally agree. Each day I am looking for a specific taste so I rotate all the time but I also like to compare similar whisk(e)ys to one that I already had. This leads to an ever growing collection where finishing a bottle off is only when it becomes necessary to keep it from losing it’s “essence” for lack of a better word. My most recent acquisition was a gift from a client, a bottle of Stranahan’s Colorado Whiskey. I had been curious about it for years and I was very pleasantly surprised. It earned a three day run... Somehow, free is always tastier.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

WITB:
pxg-small.jpg 0811 Prototype Driver: (10.5 / s-flex)
image.png.cb4b01bb138fdc7ddf4f5e9396a76d82.png   Sub 70 Pro Tour Fairway 3W (15 / s-flex)
pxg-small.jpg 0341 Prototype, 5W (18, s-flex)
pxg-small.jpg 0311, 4-PW, (+1/2" / +2 up) ProjX LZ 6.0
pxg-small.jpg 0311 wedges, 52, 56, 60 degree
TommyArmour.jpg.d3c9da7d74a401e95b625f92af834200.jpg Impact No.3, Putter 35"

Dexterity: Right-handed

9 hours ago, Tap In said:

I totally agree. Each day I am looking for a specific taste so I rotate all the time but I also like to compare similar whisk(e)ys to one that I already had. This leads to an ever growing collection where finishing a bottle off is only when it becomes necessary to keep it from losing it’s “essence” for lack of a better word. My most recent acquisition was a gift from a client, a bottle of Stranahan’s Colorado Whiskey. I had been curious about it for years and I was very pleasantly surprised. It earned a three day run... Somehow, free is always tastier.emoji3.png

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

I had 4 bottles of the original bottling back in 2006. Stranahan's was sold to Proximo Spirits in 2010. I've had one bottle since then. It's still good, but it isn't the same, IMO.

FIREBALL

:ping-small:G410 LST 7* W/ UST V2 84-gram S-shaft

:ping-small:G400 Strength 3 wood 12* W/ UST V2 94-gram S-shaft

:tour-edge: EXS PRO Hybrid 19* & 22* W/ 6.0 SMOKE 80g

:srixon-small: Z585 5-PW MODUS Tour S-105 / May switch out to S400's in the future

:cleveland-small:CBX FULL FACE 56* & Smart Sole 4 G/W 50*

:cleveland-small:Cleveland Classic Collection HB 2 Black Pearl putter

:Snell:MTB-X Yellow

:titelist-small: Bag

:Arccos:

FIREBALL

The favorite breakfast drink of the “Bacon Boyz”

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

The favorite breakfast drink of the “Bacon Boyz”

Loaded up for Thursday night on the course with da boys...20200418_112501.jpeg

Sent from my LG-H931 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

:ping-small:G410 LST 7* W/ UST V2 84-gram S-shaft

:ping-small:G400 Strength 3 wood 12* W/ UST V2 94-gram S-shaft

:tour-edge: EXS PRO Hybrid 19* & 22* W/ 6.0 SMOKE 80g

:srixon-small: Z585 5-PW MODUS Tour S-105 / May switch out to S400's in the future

:cleveland-small:CBX FULL FACE 56* & Smart Sole 4 G/W 50*

:cleveland-small:Cleveland Classic Collection HB 2 Black Pearl putter

:Snell:MTB-X Yellow

:titelist-small: Bag

:Arccos:

Loaded up for Thursday night on the course with da boys...20200418_112501.jpeg.05825cc43dc4778acb64688037128785.jpeg

Sent from my LG-H931 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Fit right in w Friday group. That’s a warmup pack

Rick

Left Hand, 

Tonight good old beer and popcorn 

image.jpg

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

image.thumb.jpg.fba5e883efab0c7275ccaeb3cdea1c77.jpg

Miller Lite had the greatest advertising run years ago, and I sure do miss those commercials! Bob Uecker, etc! Those were the best!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

Buffalo Trace last night. 

Unfortunately, I'm all out of bourbon now.

Fortunately I did find a liquor delivery service. Excited to try that out soon.

In my :cobra-small: Ultralight Stand Bag:

Driver:    :callaway-small: Rogue 10.5° - LH -  Project X EvenFlow 60 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
               :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5/6 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
Irons:      :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5-GW - KBS C-Taper Lite Stiff
Wedges: :cobra-small: King Black - LH - 52° 56° 60° - KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 Stiff
Putter:     :1332069271_TommyArmour: - Impact No. 3
Ball:        Maxfli TourX

Rangefinder: :skycaddie: LX5 Watch

1 minute ago, palvord said:

Buffalo Trace last night. 

Unfortunately, I'm all out of bourbon now.

Fortunately I did find a liquor delivery service. Excited to try that out soon.

LOVE BT great bottle for decent price. If you're into aged rum I would give this one a try:

images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcQG3YtS7Ep-RGWX2_zk-mZiuRCtXNZk4KFxyWnqyhGL-T6FSV46Npp_WDAfs4cO-LhAwzQWCWRv&usqp=CAc

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

Just now, Lacassem said:

LOVE BT great bottle for decent price. If you're into aged rum I would give this one a try:

images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcQG3YtS7Ep-RGWX2_zk-mZiuRCtXNZk4KFxyWnqyhGL-T6FSV46Npp_WDAfs4cO-LhAwzQWCWRv&usqp=CAc

Got that for a friend a few Christmases ago. He really enjoyed it. May have to give that a whirl.

In my :cobra-small: Ultralight Stand Bag:

Driver:    :callaway-small: Rogue 10.5° - LH -  Project X EvenFlow 60 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
               :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5/6 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
Irons:      :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5-GW - KBS C-Taper Lite Stiff
Wedges: :cobra-small: King Black - LH - 52° 56° 60° - KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 Stiff
Putter:     :1332069271_TommyArmour: - Impact No. 3
Ball:        Maxfli TourX

Rangefinder: :skycaddie: LX5 Watch

image.thumb.jpg.fba5e883efab0c7275ccaeb3cdea1c77.jpg

And no football or baseball .....

Rick

Left Hand, 

2 hours ago, Rickp said:

And no football or baseball emoji33.png.....

I dont know how I have made it this far without sports...

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

I dont know how I have made it this far without sports...

I’m watching the 1975 World Series, Tiant pitching.IMG_0909.JPG

Rick

Left Hand, 

Just now, Rickp said:

I’m watching the 1975 World Series, Tiant pitching.IMG_0909.JPG

I am the 90's era, give me a good Pedro or Randy Johnson game!

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

I am the 90's era, give me a good Pedro or Randy Johnson game!

I met Pedro a couple years ago and Tiant in January, both nice guys. Talked to them for a few minutes and didn’t understand a word they said

Rick

Left Hand, 

How about Oil Can Boyd?6BCB78DD-9A15-4E55-A26E-D1D7352E2ABC.jpg

Rick

Left Hand, 

Dropped by the grocery store on my way back from the golf course today and picked up a six pack of prune juice. Iced those puppies down and I'm about to slam one down now. 😍  💣

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

Dropped by the grocery store on my way back from the golf course today and picked up a six pack of prune juice. Iced those puppies down and I'm about to slam one down now.   

Don’t overdo it

Rick

Left Hand, 

Just had one of these Orange Shandys. My brother gave them to me because he liked the other kinds better.

I think it’s pretty good. Reminds me a lot of Polar Orange Dry.

IMG_9501.png

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

1 minute ago, B.Boston said:

Just had one of these Orange Shandys. My brother gave them to me because he liked the other kinds better.

I think it’s pretty good. Reminds me a lot of Polar Orange Dry.

IMG_9501.png

Best summer beer there is (shandys in general)

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

On 4/29/2020 at 3:20 PM, Rickp said:

How about Oil Can Boyd?6BCB78DD-9A15-4E55-A26E-D1D7352E2ABC.jpg

.500 pitcher all ya can ask for our of the bottom of the rotation. His story is interesting with drug use and what seemed like alcoholism, I am sure there are some documentary books about him.

Check out my reviews:

WITB: