Good gesture gone bad

Goober

Our local catholic HS basketball team has a young special needs boy who gives it is all.They usually put him in with the B squad.For some floor time and experience.The opposing team pulled their whole squad off the court when he was playing.The opposing coach and local coach wanted him to get a basket.Well let’s just say the Home Teams crowd thought this was so disrespectful to the young man.They chastised both coaches for treating him like he was different then the other boys.I guess it got a little heated after.I see the coaches thinking.. but also see the other side as well.What do you think ?

Edited by Goober

On 12/4/2023 at 6:03 PM, Goober said:

Our local catholic HS basketball team has a young special needs boy who gives it is all.They usually put him in with the B squad.For some floor time and experience.The opposing team pulled their whole squad off the court when he was playing.The opposing coach and local coach wanted him to get a basket.Well let’s just say the Home Teams crowd thought this was so disrespectful to the young man.They chastised both coaches for treating him like he was different then the other boys.I guess it got a little heated after.I see the coaches thinking.. but also see the other side as well.What do you think ?

Disrespectful.  If they wanted him to get a bucket, they should still have players in their defensive positions.  They could play loose or even normal.  Give him the sense of, or actual earning the basket.  Where were the refs?  Pulling the players would be grounds for a technical foul on the bench.   After shooting the techs, if they don’t come on the floor warrants another tech foul, and another.  Even to the point of ejecting the coach.  

:callaway-small: Driver: Fusion, 9 deg, UST Recoil 450 ES F3/2

:ping-small: 430 MAX 4w (5w head delofted 1* with 3w shaft), 7w, 5h w/ Alta CB Soft Regular shaft

:mizuno-small: JPX923 HM 6i - GW w/ UST Recoil 460 ESX F3

:cleveland-small: RTX6 52* and 56* with Recoil 760 ESX F2 

:odyssey-small: Versa DB DoubleWide 

:srixon-small:: Z-Star Tour

7 hours ago, GaryF said:

Disrespectful.  If they wanted him to get a bucket, they should still have players in their defensive positions.  They could play loose or even normal.  Give him the sense of, or actual earning the basket.  Where were the refs?  Pulling the players would be grounds for a technical foul on the bench.   After shooting the techs, if they don’t come on the floor warrants another tech foul, and another.  Even to the point of ejecting the coach.  

Agreed.  Have the team go out and defend softly.  There were ways to achieve this without vacating the court.

:callaway-logo-1:Mavrik 10.5* :projectx: HZRDS T800 Orange 60 6.0

:taylormade-small: RocketBallz Stage 2 3W

:mizuno-small:ST-Z 5W :projectx: EvenFlow 5.5

:srixon-small: ZX Utility 23*, UST Recoil F3

:titleist-small:T300 :projectx: LZ 5.5, 5-PW

:mizuno-small: T22 Copper Denim :truetemper: DG R300, 52* 56*

:vokey-small: SM9 :truetemper: DG R300, 60*

:odyssey-small: Strokelabs One

:vice: Pro Soft