Our Sponsors

I know it's here somewhere, but looking for a very good spinning ball around the green that won't cost me an arm and leg!

I know it's here somewhere, but looking for a very good spinning ball around the green that won't cost me an arm and leg!

I am absolutely in love with the Callaway Hex Chrome ($36/dozen). The Master Grip Tour C4 is also a great ball and they are only $20/dozen.

Everyone will laugh at this, but I frequently will pull out a sleeve of *cough*Wlson Staff C:25*cough* balls. At $20, they are cheap, they aren't going to drive like NXT's or ProV1 caliber balls, but in my experience, they spin like mad on the shorter shots, and I've found nothing short of $30+ Tour balls that check on the greens like them...

GOLFBALLS.COM I GOT SRIXON Z STARS 3 FOR 99$ AND THEY ARE GIVING 15 PERCENT OFF SO I GOT THEM FOR 84$ PLUS 6$ SHIPPING CAME OUT TO 90$ AT 30$ A DOZEN CANT BEAT THAT FOR A VERY GOOD BALL.

Bang for the buck new balls? MasterGrip Tour C4. I did a review on here and they're my winter ball currently. One of the better values out there.

Lostgolfballs.com AAAAA grade balls are also an alternative where you get quality at a value price.

Bridgestone E5. Only a 2 piecer but with a Urethane cover so it's fairly spinny around the green. You won't mistake it for a Z Star but it's not bad and usually can be had for $20 a dozen or there abouts brand new.

I would go for the Tour C4 if they sold them here.

But since they don't, I buy lakeballs Srixon ZStar in pearl quality. Go for about $1.5 each. Can you beat that? :D

Bridgestone E5. Only a 2 piecer but with a Urethane cover so it's fairly spinny around the green. You won't mistake it for a Z Star but it's not bad and usually can be had for $20 a dozen or there abouts brand new.

My problem with the E5 is it's very spinny off the driver too since it's intended to promote higher ball flight...

Thanks guys...what about the U2 or U3?

Consensus from the reviews I've read is they have durability problems.

I bought 50 used Pro V1x 2011 model, mint condition, these have pin marks, no scuffs, for $88 including shipping. Golfballnuts.com

I've been playing the U3's for about a month now and I don't think I'll ever buy them again. There's really not anything about them that I like. I was looking for something that spun a bit less than the Penta's I had been playing so I bought this on a recommendation from some stooge at GG. I can confirm that they spin a lot less than the Penta's, WAY less. I'm really not crazy about their feel off the driver or irons and I can't make them hop and stop to save my life.

I really which Maxfli had never stopped making the Revolutions. Those are my all time favorite followed closely by the old Precept EV Extra Spins. Damn I loved those.

Odd, though that someone mentioned the MG's. I played a make up match for my league today and the guy I played was playing an MG. I had never heard of them before today and now I've heard that name twice.

I'm surprised no one mentioned the Top Flight Gamer.

You have to define good spining and inexpensive.

If someone has to say won't spin as much as that's not good spining to me but might be to someone else.

I've been trying the Penta 3 based on reviews here and the fact that Fred Funk used it recently for a Champions tour win - ;lenty of spin, great ball, great price - $35 a dozen.

I'm just not a fan of buying used balls - who knows where they've been and what has happened to them - I'm too serious about the game to use balls that may have sat at the bottom of a pond for half a season. But if most of your rounds are casual and you get them at a good enough price where you could toss the one that's clearly dead - go for it.

You can tell the difference by looking at the ones from LGB. The beige dingy ones are the pond balls and the clean white pearls haven't been in a pond for long. And urethane doesn't absorb water. Course I usually just scour eBay for those late night auctions and buy new balls at a deep discount. That's where my TP5's came from. Got them for $32 a dozen.

My problem with the E5 is it's very spinny off the driver too since it's intended to promote higher ball flight...

I didn't find that to be true, but they were a bit clicky off the putter, which bothered me to the point where I probably don't play them again. They were damn long off the tee though. Among the longest I've tried. I might need to give the E6 another shot.

No, their site is the only place to purchase them. Seriously, they're one of the best values in a player's ball out there. They bought the rights to the Hogan Tour Deep from a few years ago and modified it slightly. Still has the deep dimples, changed the core slightly.