Jump to content
Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

TaylorMade Qi10 Drivers - 2024 Forum Member Review


Message added by MGS-Forum-Mod,

Follow the testers main post via the links below!

TaylorMade Qi10 LS
@Jmikecpa - Main Testing Post
@GolfSpy_BEN - Main Testing Post

TaylorMade Qi10 Standard
 @IndyBonzo - Main Testing Post
@EMacK1961 - Main Testing Post

TaylorMade Qi10 Max 10K
@Hook DeLoft - Main Testing Post
@Michael.Sandoval33 - Main Testing Post

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, GolfSpy_BEN said:

QI-10 LS Fitting

Once I received confirmation that I was to be one of the testers for the QI-10 LS, I stopped in to one of my absolute favorite places, The Southwest Golf Ranch, to see the head pro and club fitter, Steve Landrum. Steve is fantastic at what he does, so I am including his contact info, if you ever find yourself in Southwest Ohio and in need of his services:

IMG_2552.jpeg

They use trackman and an outdoor range for fitting purposes. IMG_2551.jpeg
 

IMG_2550.jpeg

IMG_2549.jpeg

I cannot stress enough, how beneficial seeing the actual flight of the balls you are hitting is, during the fitting process. Having gone through this sort of process with the Titleist irons and now this driver, I won’t do a fitting any other way.

My current gamer:

IMG_1560.jpeg

IMG_2553.jpeg
 

I have mentioned it in my intro, but given my slightly negative AOA and propensity for producing spin, I have found an LS head in combination with a heavier X-Stiff shaft does a decent job of keeping my driver spin manageable. With that in mind I chose the following head to test:

IMG_2543.jpeg

After hitting a warm-up bucket with my PW, 7i, and current gamer to get loose (it was 45 degrees Fahrenheit with a light breeze) we got down to business. The Paradym is a 10.5 head, so that we started with the corresponding QI-10 LS head and this shaft:

IMG_2547.jpeg

After 3-4 swings, Steve switched to 9 head and the following setting:

IMG_2544.jpeg

as well as sliding the weight to the draw setting. That combination started producing a subtle fade with spin in the high 2000’s to low 3000’s, which for my swing is about right. With the settings settled upon, I took turns alternating between the Tensei black shaft as mentioned above and these shafts:

IMG_2548.jpeg

IMG_2546.jpeg

As is shown in Taylor Made’s shaft matrix:

IMG_2545.jpeg

These were the best stock options available to me for this test. There is a temptation to put a Ventus black 7X into play, after testing is complete, but that is a post for another day…

In all, I hit between 50-75 balls with these three shafts. From a performance standpoint, they produced an average: spin of 2900 rpm 

carry of 245 yards

total of 267 yards

ball speed of 153 mph

height apex of 87 feet

There wasn’t a standout performer in the group, as they all did similar in that regard. Which brings us around to feel. 
 

Feel is such a subjective measurement, but it absolutely has to be accounted for. After factoring feel into the equation: the shafts finished in the following order; Tensei Black, Kai Li White, Aldila Rogue Silver. 
I left the fitting encouraged by the results and reassured that the driver I am testing is setup to help me succeed. Which is the point of this entire exercise. With that said, the work continues and the waiting game commences…

image.gif

Good info so far Ben but the big question is how are those numbers compared to you Parydym Triple Diamond?

Mixed bag of goodies: Taylormade M2 driver, Titleist F15 3 wood, Nike 5 wood, Mizuno 923 Hmp irons, Cleveland zipcore wedges and Odyssey 3 ball putter.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, GolfSpy_BEN said:

QI-10 LS Fitting

Once I received confirmation that I was to be one of the testers for the QI-10 LS, I stopped in to one of my absolute favorite places, The Southwest Golf Ranch, to see the head pro and club fitter, Steve Landrum. Steve is fantastic at what he does, so I am including his contact info, if you ever find yourself in Southwest Ohio and in need of his services:

IMG_2552.jpeg

They use trackman and an outdoor range for fitting purposes. IMG_2551.jpeg
 

IMG_2550.jpeg

IMG_2549.jpeg

I cannot stress enough, how beneficial seeing the actual flight of the balls you are hitting is, during the fitting process. Having gone through this sort of process with the Titleist irons and now this driver, I won’t do a fitting any other way.

My current gamer:

IMG_1560.jpeg

IMG_2553.jpeg
 

I have mentioned it in my intro, but given my slightly negative AOA and propensity for producing spin, I have found an LS head in combination with a heavier X-Stiff shaft does a decent job of keeping my driver spin manageable. With that in mind I chose the following head to test:

IMG_2543.jpeg

After hitting a warm-up bucket with my PW, 7i, and current gamer to get loose (it was 45 degrees Fahrenheit with a light breeze) we got down to business. The Paradym is a 10.5 head, so that we started with the corresponding QI-10 LS head and this shaft:

IMG_2547.jpeg

After 3-4 swings, Steve switched to 9 head and the following setting:

IMG_2544.jpeg

as well as sliding the weight to the draw setting. That combination started producing a subtle fade with spin in the high 2000’s to low 3000’s, which for my swing is about right. With the settings settled upon, I took turns alternating between the Tensei black shaft as mentioned above and these shafts:

IMG_2548.jpeg

IMG_2546.jpeg

As is shown in Taylor Made’s shaft matrix:

IMG_2545.jpeg

These were the best stock options available to me for this test. There is a temptation to put a Ventus black 7X into play, after testing is complete, but that is a post for another day…

In all, I hit between 50-75 balls with these three shafts. From a performance standpoint, they produced an average: spin of 2900 rpm 

carry of 245 yards

total of 267 yards

ball speed of 153 mph

height apex of 87 feet

There wasn’t a standout performer in the group, as they all did similar in that regard. Which brings us around to feel. 
 

Feel is such a subjective measurement, but it absolutely has to be accounted for. After factoring feel into the equation: the shafts finished in the following order; Tensei Black, Kai Li White, Aldila Rogue Silver. 
I left the fitting encouraged by the results and reassured that the driver I am testing is setup to help me succeed. Which is the point of this entire exercise. With that said, the work continues and the waiting game commences…

image.gif

Did it seem, based off your fitting, that the level of forgiveness has increased?

Callaway Paradym AI Smoke Max 9* with Tensei AV Blue 55

PXG 5 and 7 woods with Mitsubishi Diamana Shafts

Mizuno Pro 225 5-GW with Dynamic Gold S300 shafts

Taylormade Hi-Toe 54 and 58 degree wedges

Ping Prime Tyne 4

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, GolfSpy_BEN said:

Granted, forgiveness isn’t the LS’s selling point, but the strikes I had toward the toe weren’t punitive, as the distance loss wasn’t too severe.

I don’t typically miss on the heel side, so I couldn’t say on that miss, but I would presume the results to be similar.

when I have the club in hand for testing, I will grab some powder spray and see what I can create in terms of misses and comparative distance 

During my fitting I can vouch for forgiveness on the heel…distance was slightly less than center but not substantially.

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Driver

TaylorMade Stealth 3 wood

Titleist U510 Hybrid (3H)

TaylorMade Tour Preferred CB Irons

Vokey SM8 Wedges (52/56/60)

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, GolfSpy_BEN said:

QI-10 LS Fitting

Once I received confirmation that I was to be one of the testers for the QI-10 LS, I stopped in to one of my absolute favorite places, The Southwest Golf Ranch, to see the head pro and club fitter, Steve Landrum. Steve is fantastic at what he does, so I am including his contact info, if you ever find yourself in Southwest Ohio and in need of his services:

IMG_2552.jpeg

They use trackman and an outdoor range for fitting purposes. IMG_2551.jpeg
 

IMG_2550.jpeg

IMG_2549.jpeg

I cannot stress enough, how beneficial seeing the actual flight of the balls you are hitting is, during the fitting process. Having gone through this sort of process with the Titleist irons and now this driver, I won’t do a fitting any other way.

My current gamer:

IMG_1560.jpeg

IMG_2553.jpeg
 

I have mentioned it in my intro, but given my slightly negative AOA and propensity for producing spin, I have found an LS head in combination with a heavier X-Stiff shaft does a decent job of keeping my driver spin manageable. With that in mind I chose the following head to test:

IMG_2543.jpeg

After hitting a warm-up bucket with my PW, 7i, and current gamer to get loose (it was 45 degrees Fahrenheit with a light breeze) we got down to business. The Paradym is a 10.5 head, so that we started with the corresponding QI-10 LS head and this shaft:

IMG_2547.jpeg

After 3-4 swings, Steve switched to 9 head and the following setting:

IMG_2544.jpeg

as well as sliding the weight to the draw setting. That combination started producing a subtle fade with spin in the high 2000’s to low 3000’s, which for my swing is about right. With the settings settled upon, I took turns alternating between the Tensei black shaft as mentioned above and these shafts:

IMG_2548.jpeg

IMG_2546.jpeg

As is shown in Taylor Made’s shaft matrix:

IMG_2545.jpeg

These were the best stock options available to me for this test. There is a temptation to put a Ventus black 7X into play, after testing is complete, but that is a post for another day…

In all, I hit between 50-75 balls with these three shafts. From a performance standpoint, they produced an average: spin of 2900 rpm 

carry of 245 yards

total of 267 yards

ball speed of 153 mph

height apex of 87 feet

There wasn’t a standout performer in the group, as they all did similar in that regard. Which brings us around to feel. 
 

Feel is such a subjective measurement, but it absolutely has to be accounted for. After factoring feel into the equation: the shafts finished in the following order; Tensei Black, Kai Li White, Aldila Rogue Silver. 
I left the fitting encouraged by the results and reassured that the driver I am testing is setup to help me succeed. Which is the point of this entire exercise. With that said, the work continues and the waiting game commences…

image.gif

Sounds like a great experience.  Will be following along on the journey. 

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, GolfSpy_BEN said:

Granted, forgiveness isn’t the LS’s selling point, but the strikes I had toward the toe weren’t punitive, as the distance loss wasn’t too severe.

I don’t typically miss on the heel side, so I couldn’t say on that miss, but I would presume the results to be similar.

when I have the club in hand for testing, I will grab some powder spray and see what I can create in terms of misses and comparative distance 

We are gonna see you with strikes like Tiger when Taylormade told them to miss the center. 

Callaway Paradym AI Smoke Max 9* with Tensei AV Blue 55

PXG 5 and 7 woods with Mitsubishi Diamana Shafts

Mizuno Pro 225 5-GW with Dynamic Gold S300 shafts

Taylormade Hi-Toe 54 and 58 degree wedges

Ping Prime Tyne 4

Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, IndyBonzo said:

Hey all!  Answering the question from @Michael.Sandoval33 I will be gaming the Maxfli Tour X, and may try others in sims.  You should try the TourX Michael!  Of course, also range balls will be used, and we all know how much those vary   

 

I will have a fitting post up tomorrow.  

Yeah I definitely will, I hear nothing but great things about them. Excited to read about your fitting!

WITB

Driver:  :taylormade-small: Qi10 Max

Hybrid: 🐏 FX Max 5h

5i-9i: 🐏 FX Max 10

Wedges: :titleist-small: 48°, 52°, 56°

Putter:  :cleveland-small: HB Soft 14

Ball: :odin:

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • GolfSpy_APH changed the title to TaylorMade Qi10 Drivers - 2024 Forum Member Review
On 2/18/2024 at 4:15 PM, Michael.Sandoval33 said:

A quick question for all of my fellow testers here. What ball(s) are you using for the test? Currently, I am gaming the Odin X and I am curious to see, if any, varying results based on our selections.

No driver test will be considered truly complete without launching these... just saying 😉

image.png.718d61af523aaa81876b7187707aed84.png

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, IndyBonzo said:

Qi10 Fitting Update

One of the best things about where I call home is proximity to the Indianapolis PGA Tour Superstore.  I'm in there too much, probably, but they have great products and great people.  Larry DeSmet previously performed a successful Studio iron fitting there for me.  He is the man.  Highly recommend.  So, off to see Larry I went for my TaylorMade Qi10 driver fitting.

Qpgatss.jpg.01f2bf1490a3516a7bed12eb2df40f2c.jpg

(Indianapolis PGA Tour Superstore)

I loosened up in the TaylorMade bay by hitting some irons and then driver with Trackman, before moving over to the Studio.

qbay.jpg.b834b66434b4b800538c10e17d5d1cca.jpg

(TaylorMade Fitting Bay - Qi10 Sign Coming Soon?)

The Studio contains a dazzling array of shafts, heads, etc. - all the variations.  Kid in a candy store . . . The best part was checking out all the Qi10 options.

Qheads.jpg.2fdff17457e4e1ac17406e8c83ce4f2d.jpg

(A portion of the Qi10 Head Selections - )

I have experimented a lot with driver shafts, and went in expecting to need a low spinning, stiff shaft to pair with a 9* head.  My preplanned test list included:

  • Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 5
  • MCA Diamana T+ 60
  • MCA Tensei AV LTD Black 65
  • KBS TD 60
  • MCA Kai'Li Red 60 (to test higher launch/spin)
  • MCA Kai'Li White 60

Larry had me hit some shots with my gamer to get a baseline.  And this is where I must make a confession:  I tense up in fittings.  They are useful to me, but I try too hard and tend not to hit the ball as well as I would on the course or when practicing alone. Today was one of those days.  I think I strangled several grips and had the blisters to show for it.  But we got the job done.

Qshafts.jpg.04e3f3d22e1653db8e2e6eeffba95ac0.jpg

(A sampling)

We started with a 10.5* head, and quickly moved into the 9* as expected.  Swingspeed was between XS and S.  Stiff shafts performed better.  After narrowing it down to the Diamana and Kai'Li White, we hit several more and alternated somewhat before settling on the Kai'Li White 60S.  No surprise, as I have been fitted into the Kai'Li White XS before.  The Kai'Li White staff checks all my boxes:  low torque, low spin, low launch, stable, but with good feedback (not boardy).  Mitsubishi says it has the white profile but with a "blue feel" and I have to agree.

Qshaftwall.jpg.6cf1881f799394cf8e48084953358a17.jpg

(Just some of the available shafts for fittings)

This is where we landed all in, all specs:

  • Loft: 9*
  • Shaft:  MCA Kai'Li White 60
  • Flex:  Stiff
  • Tipping Adjustment:  None/Standard
  • Length Adjustment:  -1"
  • Weight:  TSS Black Weight #13 (12.7g)
  • Grip:  GolfPride Z-Grip w/ 4 extra wraps

I was not able to garner a performance impression of the Qi10 worth publishing due to my less than stellar ball striking.  It was the archer, not the arrow; I did not hit my gamer well either in the fitting.  So, more detailed analysis and impressions forthcoming. 

But I can tell you that the Qi10 standard driver head is attractive and looks great behind the ball.  Also, kudos to TaylorMade for providing a large and varied selection of stock and custom shafts to choose from.

More detailed analysis starts arriving very soon.  

Nice feedback…drooling over the seemingly endless options available for the fitting!

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Driver

TaylorMade Stealth 3 wood

Titleist U510 Hybrid (3H)

TaylorMade Tour Preferred CB Irons

Vokey SM8 Wedges (52/56/60)

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, IndyBonzo said:

Qi10 Fitting Update

One of the best things about where I call home is proximity to the Indianapolis PGA Tour Superstore.  I'm in there too much, probably, but they have great products and great people.  Larry DeSmet previously performed a successful Studio iron fitting there for me.  He is the man.  Highly recommend.  So, off to see Larry I went for my TaylorMade Qi10 driver fitting.

Qpgatss.jpg.01f2bf1490a3516a7bed12eb2df40f2c.jpg

(Indianapolis PGA Tour Superstore)

I loosened up in the TaylorMade bay by hitting some irons and then driver with Trackman, before moving over to the Studio.

qbay.jpg.b834b66434b4b800538c10e17d5d1cca.jpg

(TaylorMade Fitting Bay - Qi10 Sign Coming Soon?)

The Studio contains a dazzling array of shafts, heads, etc. - all the variations.  Kid in a candy store . . . The best part was checking out all the Qi10 options.

Qheads.jpg.2fdff17457e4e1ac17406e8c83ce4f2d.jpg

(A portion of the Qi10 Head Selections - )

I have experimented a lot with driver shafts, and went in expecting to need a low spinning, stiff shaft to pair with a 9* head.  My preplanned test list included:

  • Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 5
  • MCA Diamana T+ 60
  • MCA Tensei AV LTD Black 65
  • KBS TD 60
  • MCA Kai'Li Red 60 (to test higher launch/spin)
  • MCA Kai'Li White 60

Larry had me hit some shots with my gamer to get a baseline.  And this is where I must make a confession:  I tense up in fittings.  They are useful to me, but I try too hard and tend not to hit the ball as well as I would on the course or when practicing alone. Today was one of those days.  I think I strangled several grips and had the blisters to show for it.  But we got the job done.

Qshafts.jpg.04e3f3d22e1653db8e2e6eeffba95ac0.jpg

(A sampling)

We started with a 10.5* head, and quickly moved into the 9* as expected.  Swingspeed was between XS and S.  Stiff shafts performed better.  After narrowing it down to the Diamana and Kai'Li White, we hit several more and alternated somewhat before settling on the Kai'Li White 60S.  No surprise, as I have been fitted into the Kai'Li White XS before.  The Kai'Li White staff checks all my boxes:  low torque, low spin, low launch, stable, but with good feedback (not boardy).  Mitsubishi says it has the white profile but with a "blue feel" and I have to agree.

Qshaftwall.jpg.6cf1881f799394cf8e48084953358a17.jpg

(Just some of the available shafts for fittings)

This is where we landed all in, all specs:

  • Loft: 9*
  • Shaft:  MCA Kai'Li White 60
  • Flex:  Stiff
  • Tipping Adjustment:  None/Standard
  • Length Adjustment:  -1"
  • Weight:  TSS Black Weight #13 (12.7g)
  • Grip:  GolfPride Z-Grip w/ 4 extra wraps

I was not able to garner a performance impression of the Qi10 worth publishing due to my less than stellar ball striking.  It was the archer, not the arrow; I did not hit my gamer well either in the fitting.  So, more detailed analysis and impressions forthcoming. 

But I can tell you that the Qi10 standard driver head is attractive and looks great behind the ball.  Also, kudos to TaylorMade for providing a large and varied selection of stock and custom shafts to choose from.

More detailed analysis starts arriving very soon.  

Sounds like you found the fit for you, even if your ball striking was "less than stellar." Can't wait to see you fling some rockets when you're all warmed up and ready to go.

WITB

Driver:  :taylormade-small: Qi10 Max

Hybrid: 🐏 FX Max 5h

5i-9i: 🐏 FX Max 10

Wedges: :titleist-small: 48°, 52°, 56°

Putter:  :cleveland-small: HB Soft 14

Ball: :odin:

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, StrokerAce said:

That loft sleeve... WHOA!

image.png.56644d7353ab9e73aa6648b587991bb7.png

image.png.50d521a2b0d698f3d4ec627f636945d3.png

You may want to try to put these various options on a roulette wheel and spin it to see what to try first! 🤣

:titelist-small:  TSR 3   9.0  GD Tour AD - DI 6S Stiff

:titelist-small:  TSi 3  15.0 GD Tour AD - DI 6S Stiff

:titelist-small: TS3  21 Hybrid Tensei AV Blue 65 HY Stiff

:titelist-small: U-510 19 Utility Iron HZDUS Smoke Black 6.0 Stiff

:Takomo:  5-PW 101T Irons - KBS Tour Lite Stiff - Official Tester 2023

:vokey-small: Vokey SM9 52 F - 12 Nippon NS Pro 950 Stiff

:vokey-small: Vokey Forged 56 M - 10  DG S200

:taylormade-small: MG3 60 - 12 NS Modus3 Tour 105 Stiff

image.gif.2bc8a27613a423a3721fd3b955802132.gif  Scotty Special Select - Squareback 2 - 35”  / Super Stroke Slim 3.0

 :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

 :titelist-small: Players 4 bag  image.png.939559f85230fe16347ecf2765438915.png    :redrooster:

 :Arccos: Official Tester - 2021 & Loyal MCC Plus 4 Sensor User

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Finally caught up on intros and all the other updates! Great intros everyone! Sounds like it's going to be a fun group of testers with various skill levels and forms of humor! 

As far as the fittings go, @IndyBonzo, how did you end up with a 1" shorter than standard shaft? Did they talk about shaft length in your fittings @GolfSpy_BEN& @Michael.Sandoval33? I'm curious because, at the last in-person fitting I had, the fitter basically said "you're average height, take the standard length." 

Did anyone try a different head than the one you signed up for as part of the test? I know pros like Morikawa and Nelly Korda use the Max so it seems like the ideal head might not be a traditional fit.

WITB (link to detailed post here):

Driver:  Cobragolflogo.png.602fb363b272aeca0ae57ab591da02de.png LTDx 9* (ProjectX BlueSmoke Stiff)

Fairway metals:  TITLEIST_logo_15px.png.86858562876473681822bdce0336ecd4.png 3W TSR2 14.25* (ProjectX BlueSmoke Stiff) | PXG_Logo.png.e8b8454bf242754d2326ecb0a719cd30.png 5W Gen4 0341XF (Mitsubishi Tensei Blue 75 S)

Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.e8b8454bf242754d2326ecb0a719cd30.png4H Gen4 0317XF (Mitsubishi Tensei Blue 75HY S)

Irons:   Sub70.png.5f7ea5565c2690f7d237f327e2e5238a.png 659 CB 5-AW (Project X Rifle 6.0)

Wedges:   Sub70.png.5f7ea5565c2690f7d237f327e2e5238a.png 286 54* & 58* (KBS Tour 120 S)

Putter:  Sub70.png.5f7ea5565c2690f7d237f327e2e5238a.png AL-6 armlock | Unofficial review here

Ball:   Vice_logo.png.282566e7be35424dbb3a5d3359e6385f.png pro drip: red & blue | MAXFLI_logo_15px.png.137df4bf59bf3628d99abc6ca08fd43f.png Tour S

Pushcart:  clicgear_logo.png.5569d627daa35e79384784c8a4e886f4.png 4.0 | '23 MGS Clicgear 4.0 Pushcart Tester | Link here

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, jbern said:

As far as the fittings go, @IndyBonzo, how did you end up with a 1" shorter than standard shaft? 

Did anyone try a different head than the one you signed up for as part of the test? 

Great questions @jbern.

In my case, I have played driver at 44 - 45" for several years.  I find that it greatly increases my accuracy.  Every time I try a full length shaft, I end up going back for that reason.

I did not take the opportunity to hit other heads in the fitting.  I hope to sometime soon!

Working at getting better ... and very slowly getting there.

  •  :callaway-small: Paradym 🔹🔹🔹 8* (ACCRA FX 3.0 140 M0 Otto-Phlex)
  •  :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 & 5 Woods (:Fuji: MotoreX F1 7-S)
  • :callaway-small: Paradym X 4 and 5 Hybrid (:Fuji: MotoreX HB 7-S)
  •  :Miura: CB-57 4-P or Maltby TS3 (4-8)/TS4 (9-PW)/TS1 (GW) (shafts:  :projectx: LZ 6.0)
  • :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore 53*, and 58* mid wedges (KBS High Rev 125)
  • :scotty-small: Special Select Fastback 1.5
  • :redrooster: Gloves
  •  :maxfli: Tour X Balls

Don't count my clubs!  Ha.  The 4 iron, 5 hybrid, and 53* Cleveland are in and out of the bag depending on mood, course, and moon phase.

My Official Red Rooster Sussex Glove Review:  https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/58614-2023-mgs-forum-member-test-red-rooster-sussex-golf-glove/#comment-911042

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, jbern said:

Finally caught up on intros and all the other updates! Great intros everyone! Sounds like it's going to be a fun group of testers with various skill levels and forms of humor! 

As far as the fittings go, @IndyBonzo, how did you end up with a 1" shorter than standard shaft? Did they talk about shaft length in your fittings @GolfSpy_BEN& @Michael.Sandoval33? I'm curious because, at the last in-person fitting I had, the fitter basically said "you're average height, take the standard length." 

Did anyone try a different head than the one you signed up for as part of the test? I know pros like Morikawa and Nelly Korda use the Max so it seems like the ideal head might not be a traditional fit.

Great question. I actually did mention that I felt my current driver from the stone ages of 2003 felt rather long to me. And then he explained that drivers in 2024 are actually longer than they were 20 years ago but he did not go into much else regarding the subject. I am curious to see if it was brought up to the other testers though.

Edit: We also did not get into testing the other heads, the fitter felt confident the Max was for the best. We did adjust the lofts in various settings from 9-12. Factoring in 9.5 and 11.5 lofts as well.

Edited by Michael.Sandoval33

WITB

Driver:  :taylormade-small: Qi10 Max

Hybrid: 🐏 FX Max 5h

5i-9i: 🐏 FX Max 10

Wedges: :titleist-small: 48°, 52°, 56°

Putter:  :cleveland-small: HB Soft 14

Ball: :odin:

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, IndyBonzo said:

Great questions @jbern.

In my case, I have played driver at 44 - 45" for several years.  I find that it greatly increases my accuracy.  Every time I try a full length shaft, I end up going back for that reason.

I did not take the opportunity to hit other heads in the fitting.  I hope to sometime soon!

 

1 hour ago, Michael.Sandoval33 said:

Great question. I actually did mention that I felt my current driver from the stone ages of 2003 felt rather long to me. And then he explained that drivers in 2024 are actually longer than they were 20 years ago but he did not go into much else regarding the subject. I am curious to see if it was brought up to the other testers though.

Edit: We also did not get into testing the other heads, the fitter felt confident the Max was for the best. We did adjust the lofts in various settings from 9-12. Factoring in 9.5 and 11.5 lofts as well.

 

57 minutes ago, GolfSpy_BEN said:

Thanks @jbern!

In a more informal way, I tried each of the three heads at a golf shop I frequent, prior to the announcement that this was to be a testing opportunity. With a Tensei Black 6S, he didn’t have the X, the standard and max heads were high spin generators for me. Both produced spin in 4000-4500 rpm range, where as with that particular shaft and the LS head the spin was in the mid 3000’s. So armed with that info, I knew I was in the correct head for my fitting and concentrated specifically on the shaft options available. 
As to length of shaft, it wasn’t discussed during the fitting with Steve, but not necessarily omitted. I would guess that my swing didn’t indicate to him that we needed to explore options other than standard length. But that is a great question, for my next fitting. 😁

Fittings are so unique (and fun). Thanks for sharing and answering my questions!

WITB (link to detailed post here):

Driver:  Cobragolflogo.png.602fb363b272aeca0ae57ab591da02de.png LTDx 9* (ProjectX BlueSmoke Stiff)

Fairway metals:  TITLEIST_logo_15px.png.86858562876473681822bdce0336ecd4.png 3W TSR2 14.25* (ProjectX BlueSmoke Stiff) | PXG_Logo.png.e8b8454bf242754d2326ecb0a719cd30.png 5W Gen4 0341XF (Mitsubishi Tensei Blue 75 S)

Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.e8b8454bf242754d2326ecb0a719cd30.png4H Gen4 0317XF (Mitsubishi Tensei Blue 75HY S)

Irons:   Sub70.png.5f7ea5565c2690f7d237f327e2e5238a.png 659 CB 5-AW (Project X Rifle 6.0)

Wedges:   Sub70.png.5f7ea5565c2690f7d237f327e2e5238a.png 286 54* & 58* (KBS Tour 120 S)

Putter:  Sub70.png.5f7ea5565c2690f7d237f327e2e5238a.png AL-6 armlock | Unofficial review here

Ball:   Vice_logo.png.282566e7be35424dbb3a5d3359e6385f.png pro drip: red & blue | MAXFLI_logo_15px.png.137df4bf59bf3628d99abc6ca08fd43f.png Tour S

Pushcart:  clicgear_logo.png.5569d627daa35e79384784c8a4e886f4.png 4.0 | '23 MGS Clicgear 4.0 Pushcart Tester | Link here

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, HikingMike said:

michaelsandoval-math-04.png.9e79d16d685f455a98314d8bd4b0c024.png

Had to be done, haha

spitting-out-coffee-zbbr221jjcoeda0f.gif.875210d7b2e5d7ccac140c1b4317f881.gif

WITB

Driver:  :taylormade-small: Qi10 Max

Hybrid: 🐏 FX Max 5h

5i-9i: 🐏 FX Max 10

Wedges: :titleist-small: 48°, 52°, 56°

Putter:  :cleveland-small: HB Soft 14

Ball: :odin:

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, buckpillar said:

I think you would need someone special to figure out the adjustments... Like....

1236.jpg

The adjustments on my Mizuno ST-X are almost identical, although it has 8 different settings to the 12 for the TM, and I was able to figure them out and adjust my driver myself. (I took it one notch/degree higher loft).

Edited by ILMgolfnut

Obsessed with chasing the dimpled orb.

More about me:  WITB type stuff

 

Fit For Golf tester 2024

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...