TESTERS WANTED! ×

Personal Launch Monitor

One of our product reps just told me about this product. It is a personal launch monitor made by a company called Ernest Sports. At first glance it looks a little limited but I was curious what you guys think of it. The web site is www.ernestsports.com

If there is some interest we can make it available.

Golf Circuit

Tom McPhail

r11s-giveaway.jpg

For $250 this would be a much better tool if it could pick up SS and Ball Speed, that would be able to give you a smash factor calculation. This would be able to give you a little better information then just ball speed and distance. If you pair this tool with the Swing Speed Radar then you have a real cheapo LM, http://www.swingspee...speedradar.html

You would get ball speed from the ES12 and Swing Speed from the SSR take (Ball Speed / Swing Speed) = Smash Factor... total out the door would be about $350, that is super cheap.

Callaway Epic Max 12.0 (-1/N) @ 44.50" w/ Graphite Design Tour AD IZ-7 Stiff

Callaway Epic Speed 18.0* @ 42.75" w/ Graphite Design Tour AD IZ-8 Stiff

Callaway Mavrik Pro 23.0* @ 40.00" w/ Graphite Design Tour AD IZ 95 HYB Stiff

Sub-70 639 Combo (5-P) w/ Nippon Modus 3 125 Stiff, Standard Length, Weak Lofts (27-47, 4* gaps)

Callaway MD5 Raw 51-11 S-Grind w/ Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Callaway MD5 Raw 55-13 X-Grind w/ Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Callaway MD5 Raw 59-11 S-Grind w/ Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Callaway MD5 Raw 63-09 C-Grind w/ Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Golf Swing & Putting -- Bruce Rearick (Burnt Edges Consulting)

• SPY VIP

I swore we had one of these in for review but I will have to check on that. It was definitely something that caught my attention when they first launched it.

#TruthDigest

It is a neat gadget, but at $249 (plus the smart phone cost), I'm not sure how much value it has, particularly since the 2 most valuable numbers from a LM are launch angle and spin, neither are captured here.

Dru - Owner, President & Janitor, Druware Software Designs

RH 13.1 Handicap in soggy Georgia 

WITB
* 1W 10.5* @ PXG 0211 ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff )
* 3W PXG 0211 ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff ) 
* 5W 18* Tailor-made AeroBurner ( Stock Stiff )
* 7W  Sub70 949x ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff )
* 5i-PW @ PXG 0211 ( Gen 1 )
* 52 @ Hogan Equalizer
* 56 @ Sub70 
* 60 @ Hogan Equalizer
* Carbon Ringo 1/4
* Vice Pro Plus

It is a neat gadget, but at $249 (plus the smart phone cost), I'm not sure how much value it has, particularly since the 2 most valuable numbers from a LM are launch angle and spin, neither are captured here.

Well look at it this way, supposedly foresight is the best LM for indoors --> http://www.foresightsports.com/ will run you about $6500... Trackman is the best for outside from what I have heard and that will run you oh a cool $15k - 25k depending on options, that sounds like a lot of extra money when you can just pay $50-$100 for a fitting on one of thus high dollar LMs

I can ballpark a spin rate just by looking at the ball flight most of the time, if it stays pretty flat without ballooning to the peak of the shot and doesn't appear to knuckle ball short out of the sky, you are pretty close to the shafts you need.

I think E12 is more for people that already been fitted and just want to have some distance and ball speed data with every club in the bag. I was suggesting pairing it with SS Radar to be able to get smash factor as well from it so that it is even more optimal and cheap in terms of tools like this E12 ~ $250 & SSR ~ $100 so you get a LM in two pieces of stuff minus the spin rate and launch angle for $350...

I think it is a neat idea for instructors to consider for the practice tee as majority of people have no clue how far they actually hit a club.

Callaway Epic Max 12.0 (-1/N) @ 44.50" w/ Graphite Design Tour AD IZ-7 Stiff

Callaway Epic Speed 18.0* @ 42.75" w/ Graphite Design Tour AD IZ-8 Stiff

Callaway Mavrik Pro 23.0* @ 40.00" w/ Graphite Design Tour AD IZ 95 HYB Stiff

Sub-70 639 Combo (5-P) w/ Nippon Modus 3 125 Stiff, Standard Length, Weak Lofts (27-47, 4* gaps)

Callaway MD5 Raw 51-11 S-Grind w/ Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Callaway MD5 Raw 55-13 X-Grind w/ Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Callaway MD5 Raw 59-11 S-Grind w/ Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Callaway MD5 Raw 63-09 C-Grind w/ Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Golf Swing & Putting -- Bruce Rearick (Burnt Edges Consulting)

True, though for distance I just use GolfShot GPS to GPS track club and measure swing to swing distances. It is within 3 yards accurate and measures the course swings. I guess this is the difference between getting most of yours swings on the course versus the range.

Dru - Owner, President & Janitor, Druware Software Designs

RH 13.1 Handicap in soggy Georgia 

WITB
* 1W 10.5* @ PXG 0211 ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff )
* 3W PXG 0211 ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff ) 
* 5W 18* Tailor-made AeroBurner ( Stock Stiff )
* 7W  Sub70 949x ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff )
* 5i-PW @ PXG 0211 ( Gen 1 )
* 52 @ Hogan Equalizer
* 56 @ Sub70 
* 60 @ Hogan Equalizer
* Carbon Ringo 1/4
* Vice Pro Plus

I can't say that I'm terribly impressed, especially for $250. To call this a launch monitor is...a stretch. It measures ballspeed and that's it. To extrapolate distance on ball speed alone is suspect. Depending on launch angle and spin, you can see huge variances in distance, especially with the driver.

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

• 6 years later...

It’s crazy how far launch monitors have come in the last 7 years! I came across this thread while pouring through the forums and stopped to think where I was in my golf game 7 years ago.

I'd just started golfing in 2011 and was stumbling my way through that and had no idea that there was technology out that could measure the kind of data that launch monitors like Voice Caddie and SkyTrak can.

I have a ES16 that I’ve used to work on fine tuning some of the problem areas of my swing. It’s helped me take a lot of the guesswork out of working on which areas are problematic.

It has had misreads and been pretty frustrating at times, but overall it’s done and worked exactly how I thought it would.

I can’t wait to see wait the next 7 years brings us for golf technology when you consider how far it’s grown since 2012.

Cool post - I have a voice Caddy it’s a fun and simple tool to use - turn it on, put it four feet behind your ball, set the club/loft that you’re using and it almost never misses.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD