Testers Wanted! Shot Scope V5 ×

Need Some Golf Bag Advice

mpgolf18

Recently, I've decided that it's time for a new golf bag. Not that my current bag is bad (it's a Titleist cart bag, about 9 years old). I've been doing some research, but after a while, they all look the same. I think I've narrowed my choice between a Sun Mountain C-130 and an Ogio cart bag. They both seem to get similar good/bad comments in reviews. Any thoughts? You guys always provide good advice.

Swmbo has the c130 and has no complaints after about 3 years of use. 

My only complaint is it gets loaded with golf balls she finds and gets extra heavy until i empty it.

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

• 2 weeks later...

I had a C130 from maybe 6-7 years back.  Great bag.  Just looked at the Sun Mountain website and have no doubt the new models will be great.

WITB

• Driver - 9 Degree Callaway Rogue Max LS
  • 3 Wood - 14.5 Degree Taylor Made Sim 2
  • Hybrid - 19 Degree Callaway 
  • Irons - 4 - Gap Mizuno JPX 921 Forged
  • Wedges - 54 & 58 Titleist Vokey SM8
  • Putter - Scotty Cameron Newport+

I purchased a Ping Pioneer cart bag and love it.  A lot of pockets, easy access to balls, insulated area to keep items cold, etc.  I've had it for a year and since my rounds are basically at the same course where we are required to use carts, it's perfect.  It has 15 slots (I used one for my Orange Whip to warm up).  The white color has actually held up a lot better than I originally thought.  

Newbag.JPG.461c4e67d6e00e4d9abc112b03941873.JPG

However, the Ping cart bag is really too big to effectively travel with.  For that reason, I have two Jones Sports stand bag that are smaller, lighter and easier to travel through airports with.  The first is a really small blue stand bag that is 26 years old.  It fits a full 14 clubs, but it's tight.  I also picked up a limited edition MyGolfSpy Trouper R bag that is the perfect size and weight and is my new travel bag.  Both fit well in my Club Glove travel cover which is about 30 years old and has been around the world.

MGSbagfront.jpg.f3e6b62621c5d78cbc6f66d52e211298.jpg  MGSbagside.jpg.2b6192c8ddcc7892269fcc6acabcddfd.jpg

If your existing cart bag is still in good shape, why not consider supplementing it with a cart bag for when you travel.

Edited by Golf2Much
Ping G430 Max driver 10.5 degrees with an Alta Quick45 gram senior shaft
Callaway Epic 3 wood, Project X Evenflow Green 45 gram senior shaft  
Callaway GBB Epic Heavenwood, with a Mitsubishi Diamana 50 gram senior shaft
Ping G 20.5 degree 7 wood, with a stock Alta 65 gram senior shaft
Ping G 26 degree hybrid, stock Alta 65 gram senior shaft
Callaway Paradym X irons, 7-AW with Aldila Ascent Blue 50 graphite shafts
Edison wedges:  50, 55 and 60 degree, KBS Tour Graphite A flex shafts
Putters:  L.A.B. Direct Force 2.1 putter, 34.5" long, 67 degrees lie

2022 MGS Tester:  Shot Scope Pro XL+ with H4  

Depending on budget there are so many ways to go. To do a little bump on a recent community call we had Andy from Ghost Golf join us. Their bags are a premium price, however the time, effort and quality is without question there. Depending on what you are looking for these I feel should be top of your list. 

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

Depending on your needs and your budget, there are a ton of options out there (as you've seen I am sure) if you are set on a cart bag, and it'd within your budget, Ghost Golf and Vessel have premium bags, well constructed,  and their customer service is top notch.

If you are looking for an everyday bag that will see lots of use amd abuse and is durable , the C130 is great too. I'm a personal fan of the OGIO and BagBoy bags (rotating club top) with external putter wells. RAM also has a pretty good bag layout.

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

The new Caddy Daddy Revcore bags are great with an even better price.

The new Callaway carry bags and BagBoy ZTF are probably the best ones out there at the moment

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

I have a Cobra Ultralight Pro Cart bag and it has been fantastic. Lots of storage, giant insulated pocket, and very durable material. Also won't break the budget as I believe you can get them for around $175. I bought my wife a C130 off eBay last year and again, it is a fantastic bag with some great features.

If you're looking for a premium bag, Ghost Golf has a fantastic product in the Anyday stand bag. On par with Vessel in terms of quality, but at a premium price point. However, I do feel with bags in that realm you get what you pay for. Not everyone is after that type of bag, though. 

I also previously had a Callaway Org 14 cart bag which was a great bag as well. I would say between the C130 and Ogio, you really can't go wrong. Both are bags I had looked at in the past.

Driver: :titleist-small: TSi3 9* Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X

Fairways: :cobra-small: Aerojet Max 3W & 7W MCA Kai'Li White 60 Stiff

Hybrid: :cobra-small: King TEC 3H MCA MMT 85g Stiff

Irons: :cobra-small: Aerojet 6-GW KBS $-taper Lite Stiff

Wedges: :cobra-small: Snakebite Black 52/56/60 Hi-Rev 2.0 Black Stiff

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1: Super Select Newport 2.0

Ball: :maxfli: Tour X :titleist-small: ProV1x

#LeftyGang

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge (link here)

Unofficial FootJoy Hyperflex BOA 2023 Review

Unofficial Flightscope Mevo Review

17 hours ago, Golf2Much said:

I purchased a Ping Pioneer cart bag and love it.  A lot of pockets, easy access to balls, insulated area to keep items cold, etc.  I've had it for a year and since my rounds are basically at the same course where we are required to use carts, it's perfect.  It has 15 slots (I used one for my Orange Whip to warm up).  The white color has actually held up a lot better than I originally thought.  

Newbag.JPG.461c4e67d6e00e4d9abc112b03941873.JPG

However, the Ping cart bag is really too big to effectively travel with.  For that reason, I have two Jones Sports stand bag that are smaller, lighter and easier to travel through airports with.  The first is a really small blue stand bag that is 26 years old.  It fits a full 14 clubs, but it's tight.  I also picked up a limited edition MyGolfSpy Trouper R bag that is the perfect size and weight and is my new travel bag.  Both fit well in my Club Glove travel cover which is about 30 years old and has been around the world.

MGSbagfront.jpg.f3e6b62621c5d78cbc6f66d52e211298.jpg  MGSbagside.jpg.2b6192c8ddcc7892269fcc6acabcddfd.jpg

If your existing cart bag is still in good shape, why not consider supplementing it with a cart bag for when you travel.

Just wanted to give you props on rocking the MGS Forum bag and VTC tag.

2023 MGS tester: OnCore VERO X1 ball

2024 MGS tester: Edel Array putter

Driver: Callaway Epic Max 9*

3W: Ping G425 max

Irons: Srixon JX5-MKII (5-PW)

48* Titleist Vokey SM9

52* Cleveland RTX Zipcore

56* Titleist Vokey SM8

Putter: Odyssey stroke lab r-ball mallet

I know there are an abundance of choices…I’ll still choose a PING over everything.  I’ve used 2 L8+ a J Bag and now a Hoofer lite.  The only reason I changed was by choice, not necessity.

The first L8+ was replaced by my college bag.  The college bag was replaced by a JBag when I was working in golf and the Hoofer lite took over because I felt like a chooch playing golf with a bag at age 40 with my name written on the back 🙂

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/