Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

What suits your eye at address?

Moecat

Here are two hybrids.

hybrids.JPG

Which look better suits you at address?

This is not a "test." :blink: Also, please submit your own comparison photos of other types of clubs.

I'm guessing that some folks may be surprised at what they like based on looks and not brand preference.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

PB180366.jpg

PB180367.jpg

PB180365.jpg

im a cameron junkie :lol:

these are my 2 tour sticks compared against each other :blink: but which to game?

Scotty Cameron Tour P330 Fastback (A015066),

Scotty Cameron Tour P330 Squareback,

Scotty Cameron Inspired By Brad Faxon,

More just cant write them all in here :)

Newbeach, welcome to the forum! :)

Since I personally am not a mallet kind of guy, I would have to say "no" to both of those putters. Just me and my preference, that's all.

Since this is meant to be sort of a give-and-take topic, which of the hybrids pictured above would you be more inclined to play?

Here are two hybrids.

hybrids.JPG

This is not a "test." :) Also, please submit your own comparison photos of other types of clubs.

I'm guessing that some folks may be surprised at what they like based on looks and not brand preference.

I think I like the one on the left better. It is obviously a more traditional shape and looks like a mini wood.

is it cobra(left) titleist(right)

:)

thanks for the welcome, its very quiet around here :)

my preference would be the one on the right.

the smaller clubhead would get cauth up in the rough a little easier thus losing its value as a rescue :D

Scotty Cameron Tour P330 Fastback (A015066),

Scotty Cameron Tour P330 Squareback,

Scotty Cameron Inspired By Brad Faxon,

More just cant write them all in here :)

:D

thanks for the welcome, its very quiet around here :)

the smaller clubhead would get cauth up in the rough a little easier thus losing its value as a rescue :D

You are CORRECT, sir! :)

I also prefer the look of the Titleist, but I actually hit the Cobra better ... go figure :)

By the way, it's quiet around here because the MGS forum hasn't "officially" launched yet ... official date is Monday 3/1/2010

;)

thanks for the welcome, its very quiet around here ;)

In both cases, I prefer the one on the left. The hybrid on the left looks less "toe heavy" to me and as far as the putters go, I really dislike square mallets.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but, from my analysis, they are essentially the SAME DESIGN (see attached pic), the one on the left 'appears' smaller since it is being viewed straight down and the one on the right 'appears' to have a larger face because you can see more of the face from an angle (it's also resting slightly open). They are the same width and length.

hybrids.gif

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but, from my analysis, they are essentially the SAME DESIGN (see attached pic), the one on the left 'appears' smaller since it is being viewed straight down and the one on the right 'appears' to have a larger face because you can see more of the face from an angle (it's also resting slightly open). They are the same width and length.

hybrids.gif

Where the lines hit the club faces they don't really hit the same part of the clubface.

In the one on the right, there appears to be more weight out towards the toe, like all Titleist woods, it has a pear shape (more apparent if it was a driver).

By the way, everyone should feel free to post comparison photos of their own clubs - irons, wedges, woods, etc.

They could be very similar or very different ... doesn't matter.

It's just a fun way to see how different our tastes are, and each of us may possibly be surprised at what we like or dislike.

Where the lines hit the club faces they don't really hit the same part of the clubface.

In the one on the right, there appears to be more weight out towards the toe, like all Titleist woods, it has a pear shape (more apparent if it was a driver).

I agree, it is very slightly more 'pear-shaped', just thought I'd point out that they are basically the same overall width / height.

IMG_3055.jpg

This is the 5 iron of my TourStage X Blades. I love the look of blades at address and this certainly suits my eye.

Cobra S2 9.5 with Aldila Voodoo reg.

Sonartec SS 3.5 14* with Fuji tour platform.

TM V-Steel 18* 5 wood with stock reax stiff shaft.

Sonartec HB-001 21* hybrid with graphite design stiff.

4-pw KZG Evolution irons with Rifle 5.0 Flighted.

TM rac gap wedge 52/8 with DG wedge flex.

Mizuno MPT 10 56* sw with DG wedge flex.

Knockoff 2 ball putter.

ProV1 or Bridgestone 330RX.

Oh yeah....and before I opened the thread, I was prepared to answer Elle McPherson. :lol:

I was always a Paulina Porizkova guy but I wouldn't kick Elle out of bed...

Callaway FT-9 Driver 10.5* Grafalloy Prolaunch Axis Blue

Callaway FT-9 Driver 9.0* Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum

Cobra Baffler Rail F Fairway 15.5* Fujikura Motore

Wilson FYbrid 19* UST Proforce AXIV Core

Cobra Baffler Rail H Hybrid 22* Fujikura Motore

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

Ping Tour-W 56*,60* DG Spinner

Ping Redwood ZB Putter, WRX Starshot, 35"

The putter I've been gaming for the past four years on the left and the newest addition to my bag on the right...

MyPuuterCompare-TopView.jpg

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

The putter I've been gaming for the past four years on the left and the newest addition to my bag on the right...

I prefer the one on the left ... it's just simpler to look at for me, personally

Here are two hybrids.

hybrids.JPG

This is not a "test." :huh: Also, please submit your own comparison photos of other types of clubs.

I'd go with the one on the left. The angle of the camera can be deceiving though.

3JACK

Author of Pro Golf Synopsis. The Moneyball approach to golf strategy and analysis.Driver: Wishon 919THI, 10° loft, UST Mamiya VTS Red 7x, 44-3/8” long, 2,825 kg/cm^2 MOIGONZO WOOD: confidential2-Hybrid: Mizuno Fli-HiCLK, 17° loft, 40-7/8" KBS Tour Hybrid shaft (stiff)3-Hybrid: Mizuno Fli-HiCLK, 20° loft, 40" KBS Tour Hybrid shaft (stiff)4-6 iron: Wishon 575MMC (CB)7-PW: Wishon 575MMC (MB)SW: Edel Golf driver grind, 52° loft, 16° bounce, Nippon WV 125 shaft.LW: Edel Golf Digger Grind, 60° loft, 27° bounce, Nippon WV 125 ShaftPutter: Edel Golf Columbia Custom Made, 35" long, 72° lie angle, 3° loft. Ball: Titleist Pro V1xGrips: PURE Grips P2 Wrap (red)Shoes: FootJoy Dry-Joy (black, size 14)3Jack's Golf Blog - http://3jack.blogspot.com

I think the Rife (am I right?) on the right has a nice shape, but I dislike the notch. I find anything like that very distracting, I get too caught up in getting that right and don't focus on the ball.

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

• SPY VIP

I like the one on the left too. I love the shape of the one on the right, but my Del Mar 3.5 phase taught me that I can't putt for nuthin' with it.

Brother just got a new ice #9. I will roll it and confirm again the incompatibility of myself and the heel shafted half mallet.

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

I think the Rife (am I right?) on the right has a nice shape, but I dislike the notch. I find anything like that very distracting, I get too caught up in getting that right and don't focus on the ball.

Yep, the one on the right is a Rife. I really don't notice the notch, but now I probably will. Thanks bro! :angry:

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

• SPY VIP

Yep, the one on the right is a Rife. I really don't notice the notch, but now I probably will. Thanks bro! :)

Kevin (putterplating) can probably get rid of it for you...

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

Archived