Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

What suits your eye at address?

Moecat

Kevin (putterplating) can probably get rid of it for you...

There you go again. Placing thoughts in my head that are going to result in the wife kicking my arse. She doesn't even know I purchased the putter yet.

Callaway FT-9 Driver 10.5* Grafalloy Prolaunch Axis Blue

Callaway FT-9 Driver 9.0* Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum

Cobra Baffler Rail F Fairway 15.5* Fujikura Motore

Wilson FYbrid 19* UST Proforce AXIV Core

Cobra Baffler Rail H Hybrid 22* Fujikura Motore

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

Ping Tour-W 56*,60* DG Spinner

Ping Redwood ZB Putter, WRX Starshot, 35"

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The putter I've been gaming for the past four years on the left and the newest addition to my bag on the right...

MyPuuterCompare-TopView.jpg

I like that one on the left. More simple, and the putter on the right just don't look good to me, they always seem to set up with the toe really high.

• SPY VIP

There you go again. Placing thoughts in my head that are going to result in the wife kicking my arse. She doesn't even know I purchased the putter yet.

But if you send it in, you can say that you had it restored. In her mind this will translate to:

a. Antiques get restored. You are making an investment in your future together.

b. Only a cheap used club would need restoration, therefore you are being frugal.

c. And in restoring the "old" you are saving the planet by decreasing waste through reusing.

You sir are a champion FOR refinishing that putter. The health of the Earth requires you to refinish that putter.

For the good of all humanity, GET RID OF THAT NOTCH!!!!!

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

Yep, the one on the right is a Rife. I really don't notice the notch, but now I probably will. Thanks bro! ;)

Sorry.

But if you send it in, you can say that you had it restored. In her mind this will translate to:

a. Antiques get restored. You are making an investment in your future together.

b. Only a cheap used club would need restoration, therefore you are being frugal.

c. And in restoring the "old" you are saving the planet by decreasing waste through reusing.

You sir are a champion FOR refinishing that putter. The health of the Earth requires you to refinish that putter.

For the good of all humanity, GET RID OF THAT NOTCH!!!!!

I think this solves your problem. Gotta be green.

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

You know...I think after playing something for a while, just about anything would "suit" my eye. I've played all kinds of clubs -- whatever works -- and I think I can just get used to whatever's there.

Now...I do have things I like or prefer, but I can get used to about anything.

You know...I think after playing something for a while, just about anything would "suit" my eye. I've played all kinds of clubs -- whatever works -- and I think I can just get used to whatever's there.

That may be true. I played a square Nike 3-wood for a while, and I had no problem looking at it. I just hated hitting it. :lol:

• SPY VIP

I don't share that flexibility when it comes to putters or drivers. If I can't look at it, I won't use it. Square clubs don't work for me. Draw driver heads. Putters are broader, but the color of the new adams insert turned me off completely.

Volvo Intorqueo

That may be true. I played a square Nike 3-wood for a while, and I had no problem looking at it. I just hated hitting it. :)

I'd use a pink cane with a tennis ball on the end of it if it got the ball in the hole. :lol:

(assuming it was legal, of course)

I'd use a pink cane with a tennis ball on the end of it if it got the ball in the hole. :lol:

(assuming it was legal, of course)

Speaking of pink and tennis, I played a tennis match with a pink ball once. It was very weird, like expecting a fastball and getting a curveball.

I know that having played square drivers (FT-i & FT-iq) the past three seasons, I never really ever got use to looking down at them. I'm very happy to be back playing a more normal shape. I also like looking down at my irons, and seeing a thin topline and smaller head like my current X-22 Tours.

Driver: Titleist 915 D3 11.5* 42.50"
3 Wood: Titleist 915 F 15*  40.25"
5 Wood: Titleist 915 F 18* 39.50"
7 Wood: Titleist 915 F 21* 39.25"
Hybrids: Titleist 913 H 24* 38.50" & 27* 37.50" 
Irons: Titleist DCI 990 6 thru 9 -0.5"
Wedges: Titleist DCI 990 49* and Vokey SM 52.08 & 56.14 -0.5"
Ball: Titleist 2015 Pro V1x
Putter: Titleist Scotty Cameron 2014 Select Newport w/SS 3.0 34.00"

"Golf doesn't build character; it reveals it."

• SPY VIP

That one is harder for me Morris.

Initial thought was I liked the leading edge on the left, but then looking again, the thinner profile looks better on the right. Especially near the hosel.

Volvo Intorqueo

• SPY VIP

Top one is a Vokey Spin Milled. Bottom one is the new Adams Tom Watson Players grind

Wow, I am now going to look for that Watson wedge. I like the look a bunch.

Thanks

Volvo Intorqueo

• SPY VIP

Maybe its just the two tones ive tried have been heavy.

which ones? i hit the diablo forged irons yesterday and they felt very light and active to me.

Volvo Intorqueo

which ones? i hit the diablo forged irons yesterday and they felt very light and active to me.

Pinseeker and Confidence. I know they aren't great companies but why try those out when you love the look of the wedges you have?

Archived