Taylor Made SuperDeep

Our Sponsors

I am sure that they will have another driver available in June.

You know it and it will give you another 5-15 yards.LOL. I love that all my buddies keep getting the Newest TM offering and I'm still blowing it by them with my OLD R510 DF Proto 390cc head. The best TM has ever made IMO!

The Bag:

Right handed

Cobra King FLYZ+ 10.5* w/ Aldila Rogue 125 R 44.5"

Tour Issued TM M2 10.5 w/ Mitsubishi Tensi CK Pro Blue 60S

Tour Issued TM M2 15* w/ GD Tour AD 7S 43"

TM R7 17.5 HFS w/ Tour AD 7S Stiff 42"

Cobra S3 Pro's 4-pw w/ Aldila RIP Tours SLT 115 Reg. 5i 38.5"

Titleist Vokey Proto's

52*,54*,58* all TTDG S-400

TM TP5 X

Scotty Cameron SSS Tiffany 009 350 34.5" or Bettinardi BB1 DASS Proto

GHIN # 5144472

Ok, this question has been asked on other boards, but I'll ask it here:

Why do you get mad about TM's product cycle? I understand retailers being angry, that makes sense, but from a consumer standpoint, I know I can always wait a few months and buy a really good new driver for $200 or less.

Exactly, my store is full of previous year drivers from 07 and 08 Burners to R9's. The one thing I like about the superdeep is the larger head size. Original R9 was only 398cc where as superdeep is 448.

Fairways and Greens

Hey...it's the end of another week. Has Taylormade come out with a new driver for next week yet?

Sorry, I just won't buy from a company that churns, or pumps and dumps, clubs like they do.

That's when the SuperShallow will come out.

laughing uncontrollably at this! lol! :D

"Hey Ace... You got any more of that gum?" "That's none of your damn business and I'll thank you for staying out of my personal affairs." - Ace Ventura Pet Detective

Exactly, my store is full of previous year drivers from 07 and 08 Burners to R9's. The one thing I like about the superdeep is the larger head size. Original R9 was only 398cc where as superdeep is 448.

Are you sure? According to Golfsmith, the SuperDeep is 460cc, but it does have 448 different launch conditions due to the weights and FCT. Also Taylor Made's website lists the original R9 as beig 418-422cc depending on the loft.

That's when the SuperShallow will come out.

OK, that's funny. If we still had a green button, I'd hit it for that post.

Callaway FT-9 Driver 10.5* Grafalloy Prolaunch Axis Blue

Callaway FT-9 Driver 9.0* Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum

Cobra Baffler Rail F Fairway 15.5* Fujikura Motore

Wilson FYbrid 19* UST Proforce AXIV Core

Cobra Baffler Rail H Hybrid 22* Fujikura Motore

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

Ping Tour-W 56*,60* DG Spinner

Ping Redwood ZB Putter, WRX Starshot, 35"

If they keep making new drivers, there wont be any hype about them. Every year, every brand shows stuff they will be coming out months before they hit the market. If TM keeps making drivers, no one will care when the next one comes out. For example, Ping's G15s and i15s had tons of hype because the g10s came out around 3 years ago.

Taylormade and Callaway are the WORST when it comes to this sorta crap. Coming from a guy who works at a golf store.... Having a guy ask what's the difference between the Burner 460, Burner 09, R9, R9 460, Burner Superfast, R9 Supertri.... Gimme a frigggggin break. and now the R9 SuperDeep... UGH. Same scenario with Callaway too. Blah, blah, blah.

"Hey Ace... You got any more of that gum?" "That's none of your damn business and I'll thank you for staying out of my personal affairs." - Ace Ventura Pet Detective

Taylormade and Callaway are the WORST when it comes to this sorta crap. Coming from a guy who works at a golf store.... Having a guy ask what's the difference between the Burner 460, Burner 09, R9, R9 460, Burner Superfast, R9 Supertri.... Gimme a frigggggin break. and now the R9 SuperDeep... UGH. Same scenario with Callaway too. Blah, blah, blah.

As a former golf store employee, I will say that TM does a good job of "educating" store employees about the selling points of their newest stuff. I remember going through new training modules for TM stuff every time a new product line came out. I didn't mind because I was getting hooked up with a TMAG card...those were the days.

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

If they keep making new drivers, there wont be any hype about them. Every year, every brand shows stuff they will be coming out months before they hit the market. If TM keeps making drivers, no one will care when the next one comes out. For example, Ping's G15s and i15s had tons of hype because the g10s came out around 3 years ago.

I don't really mind because it isn't like any of the Taylor Mades look like they are half done, they look very much finished.

I have to admit, the 07,08 and 09 Burner's were very good, long drivers.

you didnt find the spin rates to be high?? that has always been my issues w/ Burner.

Driver -   Ping G400 9° Project X HRZDUS Yellow Handcrafted 65 S
Fairway -  Tour Edge Exotics CB2 15° Grafalloy Prolite 35  S

Fairway - Tour Edge Exotics CB2 18° Grafalloy Prolite 35  S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 18° AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

3 Iron - :srixon-small: Z585  TTDG IT S400 1° flat

Irons -  :srixon-small: Z785  TTDG IT S400 5-Pw 1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Raw 50° 54° 58°  TTGDTI S400 1° flat

Putters -   Cameron Phantom 5x/Odyssey Toulon Stroke Lab Austin/Odyssey 2 Ball DFX/ TaylorMade Spider
Tour Black/Ping Anser F/Scotty Cameron TeI3 Sole Stamp Newport 2. All with different grips, weights, and lengths.

I don't really mind because it isn't like any of the Taylor Mades look like they are half done, they look very much finished.

But why not just delay a little longer so they can milk out as much money from the just released drivers?