What is your golf pet peeve?

TSauer

Two groups of three tee off and once out of view of the club house there is a six some slowing down the course.

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:vice: Irons, Vice VGI01 Mitsubishi Wiz 60-gram regular flex (6 - PW)

:vice: VGW01, 50 Degree. Mitsubishi Wiz 60-gram regular flex, 

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

Putter, Sacks Parente Drac Center Shafted 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

On 4/5/2024 at 1:41 PM, aguybadatgolf said:

I have a new one. People who just jump around hole to hole. Playing last night we had a 2 some in front of us. They disappeared on hole 4. We saw them again behind us on hole 6 somehow and then they asked to play through on hole 8. We played the round in 2 hours and were right behind the group in front. We then saw them loop back to hole 3 rather than playing 9. Really annoying and messing with pace of play. 

Boy does that sound like the course I play every day. When we teed off there was no one in front of us, we get to the 4th hole and there is a guy hitting Nemours balls on to the green we are hitting too. Or these guys that don't want to go to far from the club house so they will play what is referred to as the inside 9. And don't get me started about when school is done,  then we have to put up with spoiled brats who don't care about anything, we'll find big gouges in the greens from them slamming their putter into the green after they miss a putt. They don't Repair their ball marks, they damage the carts and they never get in trouble. Another week or so and the course will start looking like crap. Can't wait. 😩

Frank musolino 

Slow play!  I really hate being behind a 4-some, when I am playing a double, and they do not let anyone play through.

• Bag             1590477705_SunMountain.png.3391233ea391e8b6fde951d09bc76f6b.png  C130, 14 way Cart Bag
  • Driver         Titleist2.png.8b09d3ee0000870a77d83dce357a0efd.png       TSR1
  • Fairway.      635785482_Cleveland3.png.bafd9f7d003e9f8afcafc6c28e307467.png      Halo XL Hy-Wood 4+
  • Fairway      default_callaway-small.jpg.aef84328349c576af498d3d5dca1addb.jpg                GBB Epic 5
  • Hybrid        default_callaway-small.jpg.aef84328349c576af498d3d5dca1addb.jpg                Epic Flash 3H
  • Irons          635785482_Cleveland3.png.bafd9f7d003e9f8afcafc6c28e307467.png         Launcher HB, 4 through PW
  • Wedges     635785482_Cleveland3.png.bafd9f7d003e9f8afcafc6c28e307467.png         CBX2 - 54 degree, CBX Zipcore 52 degree
  • Putter        Seemore3.jpg.1cb64ec83d2511c1ee1a386340a04d4e.jpg       Seemore Si1 Putter
  • Ball            Titleist2.png.8b09d3ee0000870a77d83dce357a0efd.png        Titleist pro v1x
  • Other        2000014788_ArccosSig.jpg.af5434230b907b708eb89aebd4125f95.jpg

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, RetiredBoomer said:

I'm still angry about the ban on steel spikes.
I've never played the same since.

Have you ever tried the SQAIRZ shoes? I find them just as stable as steel spikes were and better for my knees.

Edited by Javs

Play like a champion today!

1 hour ago, Paul Hedrick said:

Slow play!  I really hate being behind a 4-some, when I am playing a double, and they do not let anyone play through.

What if they have groups in front of them and letting you through just slows them down as well?

WITB-

Driver  -Titleist 910D, 3w- Titleist 910F, 5hy/7hy- Titleist 910H, 6-PW - Stix , 52⁰, 56⁰, 60⁰ - Stix , Putter- AI-ONE DB / Lombardi Tour 34 custom

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

When the tee markers are not pointed to the direction you are playing, they should be directed to the middle of the fairway or green (par 3's)

Not raking bunkers

Leaving range balls on the practice greens when done

Rules sticklers, play your own game, if I want to move the ball from the dirt to the grass, thats my business, we are not playing for money

Music too loud, no, you are not the DJ of the course.

Waiting for the green to clear when you are 250 out after hitting a 200 yard drive.

Hitting from tee's above your ability, if you are not (consistantly) driving it 250+ or hitting your 7 170+, you have no business hittins from the backs. 

Tee boxes that are not level.

Click * Point * Chute

Sunflower seeds on the green. What the hell? These things were fresh too so it must have been someone right ahead of our group today.

Also, dip spit on the green. Disgusting.

B

Sent from my Pixel 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Odyssey XG #9

Cleveland CG15 wedges 54/58

Takomo 101 irons PW-4

Rescue hybrid 3 

M6 3W & Driver

Bridgestone e12 

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, barney_bogey said:

Sunflower seeds on the green. What the hell? These things were fresh too so it must have been someone right ahead of our group today.

Also, dip spit on the green. Disgusting.

B

The course I joined for summers in college banned seeds, said it was because it causes residue on greens. But...I do eat them on the course sometimes, but never spit on the greens -- common courtesy says keep everything off the greens (seeds, dip, cigar ash, etc.). 

Edited by ChiefMikeOfficer

Driver: :taylormade-small: Qi10 LS 8* w/Graphite Design Tour AD-DI 6X or Terra Forza Yellow+ (MGS Test in Progress!)

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Stealth2 Plus, 15* (adjusted to 14.25*) w/ Graphite Design Tour AD-IZ 7X

Irons:  :titleist-small: U505 1 Iron (16*), T200 "Utility Build" 3 and 4 irons, all with Graphite Design Tour AD-IZ 95 X Flex, :titleist-small: T100S 5-9 with Nippon Pro Modus 120 X Flex (2021 MGS Test). These things are monsters. 

Wedges:  :vokey-small: SM9 46.10, 54.12, and 58.08, all with custom etchings & KBS Tour Masters-themed shafts, X-flex (CHA Post)

Putter: Total headcase and Putter Ho. Down to two main options in the rotation (one mallet, one blade), but have 4-5 by the basement putting green that might make it in the bag at some point this year... Mallet: :L.A.B.: Mezz XL 36" Orange; Blade: :L.A.B.: Link.1 w/Accra White shaft & :garsen: grip

The course I joined for summers in college banned seeds, said it was because it causes residue on greens. But...I do eat them on the course sometimes, but definitely avoid the greens -- common courtesy says keep everything off the greens (seeds, dip, cigar ash, etc.). 
'Common' for some unfortunately. I'm glad you avoid the greens and wish more people were like ya. I bet you fix your ball marks too.

B

Odyssey XG #9

Cleveland CG15 wedges 54/58

Takomo 101 irons PW-4

Rescue hybrid 3 

M6 3W & Driver

Bridgestone e12 

Posted (edited)

I play a lot of recreational rounds with others and I don’t care too much about what they do as long as we are playing on pace and not holding anyone up.  But I should start addressing things with a few I play with because they do post some of their rounds in GHIN. 

One in particular (as does his wife), prior to hitting from the fairway or rough, they ‘spoon’ the ball with their club to improve the lie, even if it’s already a perfect lie in the fairway.  Every single shot.

Another guy will hit numerous mulligans on the tee.  I don’t really care, but before teeing up the second ball, at least let everyone else hit their tee shots, then re-tee.  He usually tees up immediately.  

The same guy, and his wife a couple years ago - he hit his putt which ended up about 3’ from the hole.  He took his putter, measured distance the ball was from the hole (38” putter) then picked up his ball without marking.  I asked what are you doing?  “Oh, it’s less than a club length from the hole, so that’s an automatic gimme”.  I said, ok, but you do know that’s not a usga rule, right?  He had no idea.

So in summary, the pet peeve is not knowing the rules. 

The next dog I get I think I’ll name “Peeve”.

Edited by GaryF

:callaway-small: Driver: Fusion, 9 deg, UST Recoil 450 ES F3/2

:ping-small: 430 MAX 4w (5w head delofted 1* with 3w shaft), 7w, 5h w/ Alta CB Soft Regular shaft

:mizuno-small: JPX923 HM 6i - GW w/ UST Recoil 460 ESX F3

:cleveland-small: RTX6 52* and 56* with Recoil 760 ESX F2 

:odyssey-small: Versa DB DoubleWide 

:srixon-small:: Z-Star Tour

This doesn’t happen much but when it does I don’t hold back on Marshalls. 
I play a lot of tournaments and in two I had this happen, on both occasions we were a foursome, the two on one course and three on another course were threesomes, the group behind as we played hole number 12 were two holes behind we were in the fairway the Marshall is sitting by the 13 tee box waiting, we arrived and he said, we had a call that you were holding up the course and your a hole behind, we were like the guys ahead were just putting out when we were teeing off they are a threesome and the group ahead also so we were doing well staying just one hole behind,  I told him to read the room and stop making up BS, as the group behind was two holes back so we asked, who called? We asked if the group behind was the one he was meant to talk too, he adamantly said no 100% it was us. 
He argued and we told him to get the head pro if he felt his truth was the truth, no head pro and nothing said in the pro shop after we finished. Head pro actually asked how the round went and also said we done well keeping up with the two groups ahead. 

On the next one same situation but we started a hole behind because the course made it clear we had to be called up to the tee box on number one, again we were a foursome and the three groups ahead were threesomes. 
Four holes in and with no one directly behind we were told to speed up as we were a hole behind, we explained to the Marshall that this was down to the course not calling us up correctly and as we were a foursome and the groups ahead were threesomes that may be hard to do but he was not having it, sometimes Marshall’s actually think they are Marshall’s for the law and decide to act stupid. 
Im not implying all Marshalls are like this but some are just bat s*** crazy with a small power trip. 

Titleist TRS Driver, Titleist TSR 3 Wood, Titleist TRS 2 Hybrid, Titleist T300 irons, Vokey SM9 wedges 56 - 60, Scotty Cameron putter. 

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, Irish-Assassin said:

This doesn’t happen much but when it does I don’t hold back on Marshalls. 
I play a lot of tournaments and in two I had this happen, on both occasions we were a foursome, the two on one course and three on another course were threesomes, the group behind as we played hole number 12 were two holes behind we were in the fairway the Marshall is sitting by the 13 tee box waiting, we arrived and he said, we had a call that you were holding up the course and your a hole behind, we were like the guys ahead were just putting out when we were teeing off they are a threesome and the group ahead also so we were doing well staying just one hole behind,  I told him to read the room and stop making up BS, as the group behind was two holes back so we asked, who called? We asked if the group behind was the one he was meant to talk too, he adamantly said no 100% it was us. 
He argued and we told him to get the head pro if he felt his truth was the truth, no head pro and nothing said in the pro shop after we finished. Head pro actually asked how the round went and also said we done well keeping up with the two groups ahead. 

On the next one same situation but we started a hole behind because the course made it clear we had to be called up to the tee box on number one, again we were a foursome and the three groups ahead were threesomes. 
Four holes in and with no one directly behind we were told to speed up as we were a hole behind, we explained to the Marshall that this was down to the course not calling us up correctly and as we were a foursome and the groups ahead were threesomes that may be hard to do but he was not having it, sometimes Marshall’s actually think they are Marshall’s for the law and decide to act stupid. 
Im not implying all Marshalls are like this but some are just bat s*** crazy with a small power trip. 

Question: would you rather see a marshal that does nothing about pace of play or one that is over zealous? I have witnessed both and don’t care for either. Especially a marshal that makes things up as they go. However, since I play fast it’s the lazy marshal that bugs me the most. 

Edited by Javs

On 5/25/2024 at 5:41 PM, Tom the Golf Nut said:

Two groups of three tee off and once out of view of the club house there is a six some slowing down the course.

I totally agree on that one, I used to be a ranger many years ago, I warned them after breaking them up that if it happened again they will be removed

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

buckpillar@gmail.com

1 minute ago, buckpillar said:

I totally agree on that one, I used to be a ranger many years ago, I warned them after breaking them up that if it happened again they will be removed

Yes, that is crap! Six guys that don’t care about the effect on the rest of the groups. 

1 minute ago, Javs said:

Question: would you rather see a marshal that does nothing about pace of play or one that is over zealous? I have witnessed both and don’t care for either. Especially a marshal that makes things up as they go. 

For myself, I have played before and some in our group were a little slower and made us fall behind and the Marshall approached but was friendly and asked for us to try and get behind the group ahead, about a hole and half behind so two of the players played best ball so we could catch up.

It’s all about the approach for me, I love them being out there trying to fix pace of play because some people are just in another time zone.
Like the other day, stuck behind a twosome all the round and we were playing three, even stopped at the bar to get drinks for like 10 mins. Got to hole ten and they just teeing off with no one ahead of them. I was thinking where is the Marshall when you need one but we just made the most out of it and practiced shots. 

Titleist TRS Driver, Titleist TSR 3 Wood, Titleist TRS 2 Hybrid, Titleist T300 irons, Vokey SM9 wedges 56 - 60, Scotty Cameron putter. 

10 minutes ago, Javs said:

Question: would you rather see a marshal that does nothing about pace of play or one that is over zealous? I have witnessed both and don’t care for either. Especially a marshal that makes things up as they go. 

Good call @Javs they need to find someone that knows the game and how things should go on the course

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

buckpillar@gmail.com

That two threesomes becoming a six once out of view, I’m sure this has happened to a ton of golfers. 
Love Marshalls letting them have it, we didn’t know we thought it would be ok. Yeah Right! 

4 minutes ago, buckpillar said:

Good call @Javs they need to find someone that knows the game and how things should go on the course

That’s exactly what I was thinking. Funny we have three courses here in our community. They all have separate pros, maintenance and staffs. One course the marshals are friendly, but very proactive. Another course the marshals are basically nonexistent. The third course is hit or miss. I think it confuses the members since they aren’t consistent. One of my good friends is one of those proactive marshals. However, he believes he is still a marshal when we are playing. He will get into confrontations at times when we play with players. He can’t relax and just play. He is always taking it personally when a group or person break the rules or are too slow. Sometimes he gets so emotional I can only laugh. 

5 minutes ago, Javs said:

That’s exactly what I was thinking. Funny we have three courses here in our community. They all have separate pros, maintenance and staffs. One course the marshals are friendly, but very proactive. Another course the marshals are basically nonexistent. The third course is hit or miss. I think it confuses the members since they aren’t consistent. One of my good friends is one of those proactive marshals. However, he believes he is still a marshal when we are playing. He will get into confrontations at times when we play with players. He can’t relax and just play. He is always taking it personally when a group or person break the rules or are too slow. Sometimes he gets so emotional I can only laugh. 

Thats probably the best thing to do, laugh and move on so you can focus on your game.

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

buckpillar@gmail.com

Just now, buckpillar said:

Thats probably the best thing to do, laugh and move on so you can focus on your game.

Agree and for me I like spinning him up as cheap entertainment. Breaks up the day. He gets so angry and doesn’t understand why the rest of us just laugh. We tell him, hey you aren’t the course sheriff. Just play and relax. 

4 minutes ago, Javs said:

Agree and for me I like spinning him up as cheap entertainment. Breaks up the day. He gets so angry and doesn’t understand why the rest of us just laugh. We tell him, hey you aren’t the course sheriff. Just play and relax. 

Video him and show him how silly at times he can be.

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

buckpillar@gmail.com

24 minutes ago, Irish-Assassin said:

For myself, I have played before and some in our group were a little slower and made us fall behind and the Marshall approached but was friendly and asked for us to try and get behind the group ahead, about a hole and half behind so two of the players played best ball so we could catch up.

It’s all about the approach for me, I love them being out there trying to fix pace of play because some people are just in another time zone.
Like the other day, stuck behind a twosome all the round and we were playing three, even stopped at the bar to get drinks for like 10 mins. Got to hole ten and they just teeing off with no one ahead of them. I was thinking where is the Marshall when you need one but we just made the most out of it and practiced shots. 

The approach is everything. Like every interaction if the approach is well timed and presented it is often accepted better. However, some people are A-holes no matter how they are approached. 

When we got approached by that Marshall for slow play due to two of our group being a little slow we just gave them all the crap, you got us in trouble, we are going to be banned from the course, we can never show our faces in town again, and so on, we did milk that a little.