How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

Shot pretty good, but putter isn't dropping anything for scoring.

I switched back to the Nike Converge blade after giving months to the 2-ball, and while I'm getting closer, they're not dropping.

I guess it's worth noting that there really are big differences in mallets and blade putters that I never really gave any merit to. But, if you use either, and consider yourself a mediocre putter, you owe it to yourself to try using the opposite style for a spell.

My stroke just won't work with a mallet, but my friend can't hit a blade to save his life.

Oh, and my new vokey sand wedge is awesome, it hit every shot well

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

40 / 46 = 86 today.  I hit the ball decent on the front and all of a sudden the look up monster jumped on my arse on the back nine.  That lil basta*d will suck the golf out of ya...   ;)

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

40-40 =80 this morning. Everything was working pretty decent. Had 4 countem 4 legit birdie attempts and missed them all. 2 of the birdie attempts were 4 footers.

We had big time rain up until 6:30 am (7:30 tee time) and Driver was 10-15 yards furthering many drives, maybe the gym weights I've been doing, concentrating on core may be showing some results. No matter happy with the golf day and aiming for 79 Wednesday

BTW went to the gym after golf and did a light workout.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

40-40 =80 this morning. Everything was working pretty decent. Had 4 countem 4 legit birdie attempts and missed them all. 2 of the birdie attempts were 4 footers.

We had big time rain up until 6:30 am (7:30 tee time) and Driver was 10-15 yards furthering many drives, maybe the gym weights I've been doing, concentrating on core may be showing some results. No matter happy with the golf day and aiming for 79 Wednesday

BTW went to the gym after golf and did a light workout.

Damn good job !

Cleveland

40 / 46 = 86 today.  I hit the ball decent on the front and all of a sudden the look up monster jumped on my arse on the back nine.  That lil basta*d will suck the golf out of ya...   ;)

Look up see a bad shot every time.

Driver: Taylormade QI10

3W: Taylormade QI10

5W: Taylormade QI10

Hybrid Taylormade 4 QI10

Irons: 5 to LW Taylormade Stealth

Putter: Taylormade Spider Tour

Ball: Taylormade TP 

Bag: Hot Z Canadian flag

Finally got a chance to get out and played this morning. I didn't hit the ball as crisp as I wanted to but I've not touch a club for quite a while so I'm just grateful to be out there. I didn't put on my gamegolf so I didn't keep my score. I'm pretty sure it's somewhere in the low 80's. The good news is I only missed one fairway.

Hopefully, I get to play more and get back to my old rhythm soon. I miss golf.

40* this morning but we went anyway. Had a 41-41=82. Getting off the tee pretty good last couple times out. Front 8 played AVX back 9 Chrome Soft X. Greens were rolling nice but I didn't take advantage of them.

Rick

Left Hand, 

40* this morning but we went anyway. Had a 41-41=82. Getting off the tee pretty good last couple times out. Front 8 played AVX back 9 Chrome Soft X. Greens were rolling nice but I didn't take advantage of them.

Edit:

I believe that some of the added length I'm seeing the last week is partially due to weight loss program. I've worked mostly on core strength and it must work

Rick

Left Hand, 

Edit:

I believe that some of the added length I'm seeing the last week is partially due to weight loss program. I've worked mostly on core strength and it must work

Yes! Good on ya!!

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym AI Smoke Max (
Grafalloy ProLaunch Blue 45/A)
3H...Cobra King Tec (MMT 70/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha '19 (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
SW, LW...Mizuno ES21 54-08, 60-06 (KBS Hi Rev 2.0)
Putter...
MLA Tour XDream or EvnRoll ER5
...all in a Bag Boy hybrid bag on an MGI Zip Navigator.
..ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour. Or "found" Pro V1.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)
Other tests: MLA putter; Cleveland Hi Bore driver; Ben Hogan hybrids.

followthrough.jpg

My wife and I are back from our Palm Springs golf trip... back to reality!!  Cloudy day today, but the temperature was 66* which was just slightly higher than the wind gusts.  We played the front nine, but the ball kept moving on the 10th green so we quit.  

A little cooler tomorrow and much less wind so I think I'll walk my first round of the year after my foot surgery in November.  Might only do nine holes, but if it feels OK, I'd like to finish 18.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Last 2 rounds out have been 2 of my better rounds of the year. I've left driver in the bag more and have been clubbing up and taking a 3/4 swing. Last 2 rounds have been in the 70's with 4 birdies 2 rounds ago and 3 birdies this past Saturday. Should've been more birdies this week. I 4 putted for bogey on a par 5 and 3 putted for par on the par 5 18th.

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

I played yesterday and hit the ball fairly well with the exception of my long irons and missed putts.  I still shot a 79, but it could have been much better if I would have rolled the ball a little better.  Still made a couple of dollars off the group, so I'll take it. 

In my bag:

Callaway Epic Subzero with Aldila Rogue Max 75 Stiff shaft

Callaway Rogue Subzero with Project X Evenflow 6.0 75g stiff shaft

Callaway Rogue 3 Hybrid with Aldila Synergy 60 HYB stiff shaft

Callaway Apex irons (4-PW) with True Temper XP 95 stiff shafts

Callaway MD3 wedges (50/54/58)

SeeMore Original FGP

Bridgestone Tour B RX

42-44=86. Pretty awful, felt like I never played B4. Rained all day yesterday so course was wet & sloppy. Weather was gorgeous, sunny 70,s.

Rick

Left Hand, 

42-44=86. Pretty awful, felt like I never played B4. Rained all day yesterday so course was wet & sloppy. Weather was gorgeous, sunny 70,s.

I'm getting back out tomorrow and it's suppose to be in the 60's which will feel awesome!  I'm hoping the breeze we had today will dry our course as we've had sloppy conditions lately. 

Cleveland

Well, I only walked nine holes today, but that's because the other two guys only wanted to play nine holes.  Foot felt good.  I got off to a bad start with a double on #1, but birdied #3 and #6 to make up for it.  Just a couple of other bogeys for a +2 round of 39.  I need to do some short iron work tomorrow.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I took them old boys to the woodshed today!  Well when you consider we only play for quarters it didn't take their social security checks however it's more of a bragging right thing.  ;)  I spanked that arse good!  

Cleveland

Walked my first 18 hole round yesterday.  I birdied the first hole, but had 3 bogeys on the front nine for a +2 nine hole score of 39.  The highlight was on #9, par 5 dogleg left with water short and right of green.  Decent tee shot, but mis-hit my FW.  That left 166y to a pin that was on the right.  All carry over water on that angle.  However, the green was only 150y to front straight away.  I planned a slight cut shot, landed on the green, spun to the right down a slope to 10 feet; missed the putt though.

I could tell that I was getting tired on the back nine; legs felt heavy.  Had a few bogeys and a double on a par 3; nice line just short in the sand.  Highlight was on par 5 #18; needed a par to break 80.  Straight but poor tee shot; no chance to hit anything but a mid-iron to the dogleg trying to miss a huge bunker.  Poor line and the shot ended up at the back end of a grass bunker.  My 3rd shot was another mid-iron missing a big tree and that same huge bunker got me to 92y.  My 4th shot was all carry over that same huge bunker to a close pin; stuck it to a foot and got my par.  Not the way I usually play that hole!!   Managed a +5 score of 40 and got my first sub-80 round of the year.

Walked my first 18 hole round yesterday.  I birdied the first hole, but had 3 bogeys on the front nine for a +2 nine hole score of 39.  The highlight was on #9, par 5 dogleg left with water short and right of green.  Decent tee shot, but mis-hit my FW.  That left 166y to a pin that was on the right.  All carry over water on that angle.  However, the green was only 150y to front straight away.  I planned a slight cut shot, landed on the green, spun to the right down a slope to 10 feet; missed the putt though.

I could tell that I was getting tired on the back nine; legs felt heavy.  Had a few bogeys and a double on a par 3; nice line just short in the sand.  Highlight was on par 5 #18; needed a par to break 80.  Straight but poor tee shot; no chance to hit anything but a mid-iron to the dogleg trying to miss a huge bunker.  Poor line and the shot ended up at the back end of a grass bunker.  My 3rd shot was another mid-iron missing a big tree and that same huge bunker got me to 92y.  My 4th shot was all carry over that same huge bunker to a close pin; stuck it to a foot and got my par.  Not the way I usually play that hole!!   Managed a +5 score of 40 and got my first sub-80 round of the year.

Nice shootin!  Sounds like a great way to start the season.  Quite a finish.  :)

Driver-  Titleist  TSR3 10*
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*
Irons- Titleist 718 AP2 (5i-50*)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Wilson Infinite Grant Park
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

A couple weekends have passed, but I played my first round of 2018 on Jan. 28th and shot an 83. Gotta say, I'm pretty pleased. I didn't get to play nearly as much in 2017 as I wanted to and when I did play my back was usually out of sorts from mowing upwards of eight yards/week. 

I met up with a couple of buddies from work at Schifferdecker Golf Course in Joplin, MO. It's a very simple course with small - medium sized raised greens that generally slope from back to front. The fairways are wide, there aren't a lot of trees, and penalties only come into play on a few holes. We played from the back tees which only go out to 6,123 yards.

The front nine wasn't my finest effort, but all else considered was okay. I shot +10, having only hit 2 fairways and 0 greens. I doubled the 5th & 7th holes due to some short game hiccups, but other than that I wasn't complaining for Missouri golf in January.

The back nine was much improved over the front having only shot +2 with just 1 fairway, 3 greens, and one double (again, due to my short game). 

It was obvious I had some rust, but altogether not bad. I missed the fairway a lot, but typically not by much and if it was by a considerable margin then it was a Tiger Woods worthy miss that still gave me a line in. I had trouble gauging my distances and came up just short on most of my approaches. The real positives of the round were zero penalty strokes, zero 3-putts, and progressively better ball striking throughout the round.

Assuming I'm not too tired after working tonight, I'm hoping to play my home course - Carthage Golf Course in Carthage, MO - tomorrow morning, but we'll see. I'll be sure to post up if I do play.

Driver: :mizuno-small: ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Blue 5S
Fairway Wood: :mizuno-small: ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 17* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: :bridgestone-small: J40 CB (3-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 2 54* & 58* Dynamic Gold S200
Putter: :odyssey-small: Tri-Hot 5k Two 34"
Bag: :titleist-small: Players 5 Stand Bag
Ball: Maxfli Tour

Beautiful clear sunny skies yesterday for our Monday morning round, but... 34* with wind 10-15mph out of the north.  I wasn't sure if any of my buddies would show up so I went to the course.  Two guys showed up 15 minutes later, and they were "on the fence" about playing.  I told them I wasn't a wuss; I shamed them into playing.  But we only played 9 holes.  Walking is must preferred over riding in a cart!!!  If you don't have Ultimittens for your push cart, get some!!  Makes all the difference when you can keep your hands warm.

I felt pretty good about 2 bogeys and one double for a +4 round of 41.  Putted pretty well; greens were a little hard under the surface so balls didn't hold greens.  

One of the hazards playing on my course are geese.  The course is a wildlife protected area and geese fly through and some even stay all year.  Makes for a mess.  It also impacts bunker play.  All bunkers are groomed early in the morning, and this is what one looks like by 11am.  Geese are not good about raking their footprints.

IMG_0840.jpg

34* with that wind is too much for this old fart.

At least you had a good time and “scratched the itch”, you played good for the nasty conditions.

Rick

Left Hand, 

One of the guys Saturday showed up, it was warm enough but it was a litttle rainy, but was supposed to clear up. He was in the club house and said he wasn't sure about playing, I said “you are in the clubhouse, you already decided”. Anyway. I did shoot 78, had a couple really good bogeys. Made a birdie. The swing felt okay, still a couple issues, but it didn't feel like A folded up lawn chair this week. I keep telling myself, you cannot guide the ball where you want it to go, you have to swing.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

Beautiful clear sunny skies yesterday for our Monday morning round, but... 34* with wind 10-15mph out of the north. I wasn't sure if any of my buddies would show up so I went to the course. Two guys showed up 15 minutes later, and they were "on the fence" about playing. I told them I wasn't a wuss; I shamed them into playing. But we only played 9 holes. Walking is must preferred over riding in a cart!!! If you don't have Ultimittens for your push cart, get some!! Makes all the difference when you can keep your hands warm.

I felt pretty good about 2 bogeys and one double for a +4 round of 41. Putted pretty well; greens were a little hard under the surface so balls didn't hold greens.

One of the hazards playing on my course are geese. The course is a wildlife protected area and geese fly through and some even stay all year. Makes for a mess. It also impacts bunker play. All bunkers are groomed early in the morning, and this is what one looks like by 11am. Geese are not good about raking their footprints.

attachicon.gifIMG_0840.jpg

Acts bad but not as bad as geese congregating on one of our greens (with goose poop all over).

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Acts bad but not as bad as geese congregating on one of our greens (with goose poop all over).

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

They are all over our greens too.  My wife complains about goose poop all over the forward tees.  Seems they like them the best.  The Walla Walla CC has a dog specifically trained to head off the geese.  When we played there, we were told that we could not approach the dog; it's a working dog.  Too bad we can't have one.

They are all over our greens too. My wife complains about goose poop all over the forward tees. Seems they like them the best. The Walla Walla CC has a dog specifically trained to head off the geese. When we played there, we were told that we could not approach the dog; it's a working dog. Too bad we can't have one.

I'd like to hunt the geese and ducks on the local courses or take my dogs with but nope can't do either. They continue to complain about them but until they do something like take a few out or chase them they won't stay away.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I'd like to hunt the geese and ducks on the local courses or take my dogs with but nope can't do either. They continue to complain about them but until they do something like take a few out or chase them they won't stay away.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

When we were hiring a new Greenskeeper years ago one of the important questions was “what kind of dog do you have”. Seriously. In CT geese are a huge problem and they are protected on the course. The best deterrent is a good dog.

Rick

Left Hand, 

When we were hiring a new Greenskeeper years ago one of the important questions was “what kind of dog do you have”. Seriously. In CT geese are a huge problem and they are protected on the course. The best deterrent is a good dog.

They are protected here as well.  You can tell the geese that stay around the course most of the year from ones that are just passing through.  You can drive a cart right up by the "local" geese and they barely move.  The other geese take off.

They are protected here as well. You can tell the geese that stay around the course most of the year from ones that are just passing through. You can drive a cart right up by the "local" geese and they barely move. The other geese take off.

I used to love watching the dogs go after the geese. New “arrivals” figured they could go in the water and lose the dog, no, no! The dog would get a running jump and land in the middle of them!! See ya

The labs were great but a couple of local keepers had rescue dogs.

Rick

Left Hand,