Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

Score improved by one from Wednesday's 89 to an 88. But same deal -47/41- big discrepancy between the nines. I'm beginning to see a pattern here--about the fifth round this year with big swings. Tee Shot troll got me again in the middle round. After 6 out of 7 truly horrible over the top drives from hole 6 through 15, managed to hit three great drives in the fairway to finish par-birdie-par. The 41 included three double bogeys, so I was one under par on the remaining 6 holes w/two birdies. The start of the round (1st 5 holes) had 3/3 fairways hit, 4 GIRs, but three 3 putts! Lessons have been great for the irons, only hit one bad iron all day, and most were very good. Not so good with the woods and utilities. Have to work some more with those, something is causing me to get out of sync and jump over the top. Knock out the 4 water balls and three 3 putts, and I'm on my way to much better scoring!

Nonchalant putts count the same as chalant putts.

In my Ogio Ozone XX Cart Stand Bag:

Ping G400 10.5 Deg Driver, stock Stiff shaft
TM Rocketballz 19 Deg 5 Wood, stock Matrix Osik Stiff shaft
TM Rocketballz Stage 2 21 Deg Tour 4 Hybrid, Rocketfuel 80h Stiff shaft 

Callaway Apex CF 16 Irons, 4-P, Stiff Shafts

Scor 48 and 55 degree wedges.  
Renegar 60 Deg Steel Shaft Lob Wedge

TM Ghost Spider Si 38" Counterbalanced Putter

Nice job Whiskey! That's your first time shooting even, awesome.

I had an interesting day today - 39 putts, I average 32, 11 greens, I average 10. Guess which part of my game was working and which part wasn't.

Shot a ridiculous 83 - I did figure out what was going on with the putter half way through the back nine - I was standing too far from the ball when I do that I struggle with pulling my putts and my speed. Hit it 4 feet past on one and missed it left coming back. Pushed a makable putt on two, knocked it 4 feet by on 3 (from 15 feet), made the putt though. It was a long, long day on the greens - hit 8 greens on the back and shot 39.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Yesterday--another high/low round 42/50 with the low score on the hard nine. Finished double, double, double, triple to absolutely ruin a good day. Felt like giving up the game for several hours after that--the old big left off the tee that I've been working so hard to eliminate rose up and bit me again and again. One under par on those same 4 holes last Friday, 9 over par yesterday.

Had a good lesson and range session today, however. See how it carries over to the course tomorrow.

Nonchalant putts count the same as chalant putts.

In my Ogio Ozone XX Cart Stand Bag:

Ping G400 10.5 Deg Driver, stock Stiff shaft
TM Rocketballz 19 Deg 5 Wood, stock Matrix Osik Stiff shaft
TM Rocketballz Stage 2 21 Deg Tour 4 Hybrid, Rocketfuel 80h Stiff shaft 

Callaway Apex CF 16 Irons, 4-P, Stiff Shafts

Scor 48 and 55 degree wedges.  
Renegar 60 Deg Steel Shaft Lob Wedge

TM Ghost Spider Si 38" Counterbalanced Putter

Didn't get to play but went to the course to try out my new odyssey sabertooth 32" putter w super stroke mid slim grip. Love it. Greens were wet but I can tell the feel and head weight are superior to my ping half moon which I will now be selling

Twitter @angrygolfhulk

Instagram angrygolfhulkDriver-Callaway Razr Fit 9.5* Stiff3 Wood-Taylormade R9 15* StiffHybrids 3,4,5 Rocketballz RegIrons 6-Gap Rocketballz RegSW-Cobra Trusty Rusty 55*LW-Taylormade Rac Black 60*Putter-Odyssey Sabertooth 33"Back up irons-Taylormade Rac Muscleback Forged 5-GW Rifle Shafts 6.0

Played home course yesterday (Valley at TPC) and had 39/42 with 32 putts. Have been keeping stats for a while on driving accuracy, # of putts, GIR, pars and birdies. The area where most improvement is needed for me is on the green. I had 32 putts with a few one putts outside 15 feet, a couple of 3 putts, and a couple of missed short ones. Other stats included 9/14 fairways(64%), 6 GIR's, 2 birdies, and 6 pars. I saw a chart somewhere that showed these average stats based on scoring over time based on score.

Score 71 75 79 81 85 89 91

GIR 12 10 8 7 5 3 2

% Fairways 81 71 61 56 46 36 31

Putts 29 30.3 31.7 32.3 33.7 35 35.7

Birdies 3.2 2.4 1.8 1.5 .8 .1 0

Pars 11.8 10.3 8.8 8.1 6.6 5.1 4.3

I would be interested in how you might stack up with these stats based on your game.

Shot a crowd pleasing 98 at Brookledge Golf Club, a public course owned by the city of Cuyahoga Falls.

I wasn't too terribly disappointed with that being the first time out this year.

I worked out something with my driver after about 12 holes and started hitting it better, my new hybrids I like, despite no having the opportunity to use them much, irons were good, especially from 100 and in, my putting on the other hand sucked big time. 40 putts with a 5 putt...who the f$%# 5 putts??? :blink:

The greens had to be running a 10 and this course like them fast, so they'll be 11.5 or so come mid season.

Time to work on the flat stick.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

FINALLY saw some things fall into place yesterday! Been struggling quite a bit of late, posted an 87 in our first tournament of the year last week, then followed that up with an 88! As horrible as that seems (relatively, of course), it wasn't like things were a total wreck. Nothing was great, but nothing was terrible either. I'd hit some really good shots, then butcher them with a bad one, or finally hit fairway and green, then 3 jack! But I kept hitting enough good shots that I knew the swing was percolating somewhere in there!

Anyhow, yesterday was our first team Cup Match of the year, an away match on a tough private club I'd only played once before. I typically play handicap 4 ball and I was pretty leery about even being on the roster given how I'd been playing. I just kept telling myself the swing was in there trying to get out! At any rate, I played and it pretty much all came together yesterday! Other than a couple big misses with the driver I drove the ball beautifully, and the iron game was really, really good! I was even through 13 then took a couple doubles coming down the home stretch that I might or might not have ended up with had it not been for where the match was at. Sometimes in match play you just have to try something stupid!

Anyhow, carded a 77 and left an easy 3-4 strokes on the course. We ended up losing the match 1-down but it was a tight match, 4 lead changes through the round and no one was ever more than 1 up or down. It's just so great to finally feel it coming together after a slump that goes back to last fall!

Ping I20 8.5* - Aldila NV 65g S
Adams XTD Super Hybrid 15* - Stock Fubuki S
Adams DHY 21* - Stock Matrix Ozik White Tie S
Mizuno MP58 4-8 Irons - Fujikura MCI 100 S
SCOR 42,46,50,54,58* - SCOR/KBS Genius S
STX Robert Ingman Envision TR 35", Iomic grip

Good rounds guys..........

Posted a nice a 77 this weekend at a local muni here in San Antonio this past Sunday. Couple of birdies and left some 5-10 foot putts out there... Really Happy with about how my Wedge play is coming along.....

Driver:   :taylormade-small: M3 Tensei CK Pro Blue
3-Metal:: :callaway-small: GBB EPIC, FujiKura Pro Green

5-Metal:  :cobra-small: F-7, FujiKura Pro

Irons:   :mizuno-small: MP-18 SC, KBS Tour 120

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:   RTX-3  52 - 56 - 60
Putter:  EVN-Roll ER-5

Ball :  :bridgestone-small: Tour B XS

Range Finder:  Busnnell Tour-X,  Garmin S20 

Follow me:

@Hula_Rock

78. One lost ball. Pissed about that. No warmup. Hit into a tree with first tee shot. 10 pars. 1 birdie 7 bogeys. So so day

Twitter @angrygolfhulk

Instagram angrygolfhulkDriver-Callaway Razr Fit 9.5* Stiff3 Wood-Taylormade R9 15* StiffHybrids 3,4,5 Rocketballz RegIrons 6-Gap Rocketballz RegSW-Cobra Trusty Rusty 55*LW-Taylormade Rac Black 60*Putter-Odyssey Sabertooth 33"Back up irons-Taylormade Rac Muscleback Forged 5-GW Rifle Shafts 6.0

34/40 for a +2. 74. 30putts

Left a few on the table too...

Props to the tips I got the other day. I played course management serious style, putted well, and starting to get my new 825 pros figured out on distance. Compressed the ball really well today, and 3-wood was gnarly.

Great fun!

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

Sounds like folks are moving into midseason form.

I had a good bounce back from last week's trainwreck - a 76 isn't going to win many prizes (alright it did win a skin) but it beats the hell out of 83. And it was a competitive 76. 31 putts this week was much more like it - two squirrely irons into hazzards weren't helpful - laying up on a par five into a lateral hazzard 30 yards left of my target? I'm still trying to figure out what happened there. At any rate the more I saw the ball go in the hole the better I got. I'm going to play again on Friday.

I went to the putting green every day last week even if it was only for 5 minutes. I'm going to repeat that this week.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Shot a +6, 77 today and hit exactly 1 shot like I wanted to(result was almost what I wanted). The greens at my home course today are performing like they NEVER have before. They're firm as it gets and slow. They're still a little long after being punched and allowed to grow in (almost complete coverage back at this point). I've never seen greens as firm as that that were as slow as they are. Regardless, the only shot I hit like I wanted to today was a 5 iron approach on a par 5 from 205. It was flat as it gets, over a lake that juts out right at the lay-up area if one lays up. I knew I had to nuke it, but I don't carry a 4 iron and the firm greens, knew the 21 degree hybrid was too much. So I stepped on the 5 iron. It hit the front of the green took a big hop right next to the pin... and ran 10 yards by. But, I hit the exact shot I had pictured and on a normal day, should've took the big hop and been right by the pin. 2 putted for bird though.

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

I had a really interesting round today. Actually, I played 36 holes so I guess it was 2 rounds, but after weeks of really striking the ball really well, I batted the ball around a bit today and hit the driver ok but did not hit the irons well. Could not seem to get the body to work in the right sequence. On the first 9 holes, I had trouble with the speed of the greens, I left 8 putts within an inch of the hole and was astonished when I totaled up what felt like 100 turned out to be 42. To miss 8 putts and not hit the ball well, and still make a 42 was great.

And here is the strangest part. I scored pretty darn good for someone who just did not have it together. Shot an 81 and 76. After the front 9, I got my putter under control and shot a 39. 37 and 39.

There have been many more days when I hit the ball great and did not score well so I am not sure that scoring and ball striking always go hand in hand.

:ping-small: G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small: G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small: G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:ping-small: G425 4H on :kbs: TGH 80S 

:ping-small: i525 5-U on :kbs: TGI 90S 

:titleist-small: SM8 54 & 60 on :kbs: Wedge 

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

Lucky, I've heard of that place and have wanted to play there for a while. How was the course?

Beautiful course. A little out of the way, but definitely worth the trip. Greens were still showing some effects of aerification, but overall conditions were very good.

I posted this over on another thread but thought it might be a better fit here:

Took the new irons out for a round Friday afternoon and shot a 93....I know that isn't great for most of you but for me that is a pretty good round! To top it all off I hit a 7-iron tee shot on a 150 yard par 3 (over water)that was inside a foot from the hole!! And yes I made the birdie putt!! What a great way to spend a Friday afternoon!!! Oh, did I mention this is only the 3rd round I have played with my new irons?

Today, I will do what others will not so that...

Tomorrow, I will do what others can not

38 putts. That's the only thing I remember about this weekend. Except the 4 putt from 15 feet. That was pretty memorable!

There is no spoon.

WITB
TaylorMade M3
Callaway Diablo 15°
Callaway Diablo 18°
Callaway Steelhead XR Pro 4-W
Mizuno TP-4 50, 54, 58
TaylorMade Rossa Monza Spyder

I had to go to Dallas this morning to take care of some business, I decided to stop at a town I lived in in 1997 and play at the course there. I played there several times that summer and if I did not count foot wedges and Mulligan's I may have gotten close to 100 on that course but probably never broke it. That was actually the year I rescued the old Sam Snead persimmon woods and Tony Penna blades out of solitary in my parents garage and began playing again after a 10 year absence.

This course is a whooping 5800 yards from the tips and I never played it from there. I looked at the first hole and decided that I could not reach the water on the first hole, a par 5, 501 yards. So I would play from the back. Birdied the first, third, fifth,and ninth hole and bogied the second hole for a 33 on the front 9. Then I birdied 14, 15 and 18 for a 33 on the back making this the best round of my life.

The greens were slow, the pin placements were friendly, and because the course is so short, I drove 2 greens, and was hitting 6 of my approach shots from less than 100 yards. There was water on the course but it was easy to avoid and unlike my current course with really fast greens with shaved slopes to the water this was not the case. On the first hole I hit a wedge to about 2 1/2 feet for a birdie and did not realize how slow the greens were. I got to the second hole and had a long uphill chip and it was so slow I left myself a really long par putt and left it short. After that I did not really come close to another bogey.

It was kind of funny to stand on the box and remember where I used to have all the trouble and be some 75 to 100 yards past that making my approach shot. It was also nice to point at the hole and hit the putt and know that even if you missed it it would only be 3 or 4 feet coming back. However, I only had like 22 putts so I did not have many comebackers,

I had to go to Dallas this morning to take care of some business, I decided to stop at a town I lived in in 1997 and play at the course there. I played there several times that summer and if I did not count foot wedges and Mulligan's I may have gotten close to 100 on that course but probably never broke it. That was actually the year I rescued the old Sam Snead persimmon woods and Tony Penna blades out of solitary in my parents garage and began playing again after a 10 year absence.

This course is a whooping 5800 yards from the tips and I never played it from there. I looked at the first hole and decided that I could not reach the water on the first hole, a par 5, 501 yards. So I would play from the back. Birdied the first, third, fifth,and ninth hole and bogied the second hole for a 33 on the front 9. Then I birdied 14, 15 and 18 for a 33 on the back making this the best round of my life.

The greens were slow, the pin placements were friendly, and because the course is so short, I drove 2 greens, and was hitting 6 of my approach shots from less than 100 yards. There was water on the course but it was easy to avoid and unlike my current course with really fast greens with shaved slopes to the water this was not the case. On the first hole I hit a wedge to about 2 1/2 feet for a birdie and did not realize how slow the greens were. I got to the second hole and had a long uphill chip and it was so slow I left myself a really long par putt and left it short. After that I did not really come close to another bogey.

It was kind of funny to stand on the box and remember where I used to have all the trouble and be some 75 to 100 yards past that making my approach shot. It was also nice to point at the hole and hit the putt and know that even if you missed it it would only be 3 or 4 feet coming back. However, I only had like 22 putts so I did not have many comebackers,

Well Played! I find that playing courses that you called home a while back is incredibly enjoyable because the memories flood back, and hopefully you play better (as you did!)

So in contrast to Ricks great round above, let me share my experience from yesterday...

I was playing my best golf of the early season (even through 6) and ended up with, wait for it... a 50. You know how tin cup hit had a tendency to go ob when it counts? well I think I unintentionally broke his record...

What is this game?

Snow in the forecast again for tomorrow, hopefully I'll be able to contribute something to this thread SOON!!! :angry:

What's In the Bag

Driver - :callaway-small: GBB 

Hybrids  :cleveland-small: Halo XL Halo 18* & :cobra-small: T-Rail 20*

Irons  :cobra-small: T-Rail 2.0

Wedges :ping-small: 60* TS / SCOR 48* 53* 58*

Putter     :scotty-small:

Ball :callaway-logo-1:

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

WOW Rick! That is PHENOMENAL! Congratulations!

Gave up on the SuperStroke 2.0 grip after last Sunday's round. That thing was going to drive me to violence or at least alcoholism! Never had a clue what direction that thing was going and the distance was worse! I got the point where I was pissed off about missing the putt BEFORE I even hit the putt! Absolutely terrible.

So while I wait to get the STX Envision putter fixed from a bounce off a cart path that was about 40 yards away (so I dropped it, oops) I put the SeeMore back in the bag. Me and it have had a bit of a hot and cold relationship, but compared to the psychosis of the SuperStroke 2.0, it was heaven! Three putted once yesterday, unfortunately at a poor time for the bets, but isn't it always?

Hit the driver really well, but the irons weren't quite there, had to bail after 16 holes but was probably heading for an 83 or so. Still some work to do but it's coming!

WOW Rick! That is PHENOMENAL! Congratulations!

Gave up on the SuperStroke 2.0 grip after last Sunday's round. That thing was going to drive me to violence or at least alcoholism! Never had a clue what direction that thing was going and the distance was worse! I got the point where I was pissed off about missing the putt BEFORE I even hit the putt! Absolutely terrible.

So while I wait to get the STX Envision putter fixed from a bounce off a cart path that was about 40 yards away (so I dropped it, oops) I put the SeeMore back in the bag. Me and it have had a bit of a hot and cold relationship, but compared to the psychosis of the SuperStroke 2.0, it was heaven! Three putted once yesterday, unfortunately at a poor time for the bets, but isn't it always?

Hit the driver really well, but the irons weren't quite there, had to bail after 16 holes but was probably heading for an 83 or so. Still some work to do but it's coming!

Thought I would love the SuperStroke but wrapped the handle of the putter with Ace Bandages to try to figure out which size was best. Could not hit the cardinal direction of the hole let alone actually getting it in the cup. I was simply amazed at how I could miss a 10 foot putt by 3 feet with the big grip. Ultimately found that I either needed a small grip or had to play the ball off my left big toe. Yesterday, I noticed that I was giving the ball a pop, like Snedeker and Nicklaus (two pretty good putters) and while I would like to say that my putting was the key to the round (22 putts) in reality, only 3 or 4 were outside 10 feet.

The shortness of the course, accessible pin locations, easily avoidable hazards, and slow greens that held the pitches and chips was the key. But I have to admit it was a lot of fun.

I will say it is never the clubs fault. It is ALWAYS the balls fault. So when you get mad, throw the ball not the club. Much cheaper in the long run. Or you can carry a range ball in your pocket so when you feel like throwing something throw that.:P

I was actually trying to pull the grip off the club in the middle of the round, having decided that I would rather putt with no grip!

That is after hitting the green in two on two par 5's and walking away with a double bogey and a bogey, inside of 30 feet on both! While direction with the SS was poor, distance control was the worst thing. I'd run a 10' putt past the hole 15', or leave it 3' short. Never had a clue what it was going to do!

I'm not a huge club thrower, but that thing flat out broke me mentally. I don't know what I was thinking putting it on there to begin with. I have never really had big putting issues. I just thought I might like it. I knew I didn't like the fat ones, but I do like the super slim (that is what is on my SeeMore). Figured the Mid Slim might be even better. I guess my tinkering got me in trouble this time!

Congrats again on your good round! Doesn't matter what the length is, 66 is good playing!

First time I've touched my clubs in months for an impromptu trip to the range...all I can say is meh. Broke down and signed up for a swing eval/lesson for Thursday before it can get any worse. Hit some decent shots but I've got a month to prep for the annual trip and I'm gonna need every bit of help I can get. Amazing what a few extra pounds and a lack of practice can do to ya. Lol I'll put it this way, not even my shoes felt comfortable. Gotta remember where I stowed away my Trues.

In Nick's Ogio Edge Stand Bag
Driver: Taylormade Rocketballz 9.5* Aldila Rip'd NV Stiff
Fairway: Tour Edge CB4 15* Rip Gamma Stiff
Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro A12 18* KBS Tour X
Irons: Mizuno MP-53 3-PW DG X100
Wedges: Mizuno MP R-12 52* & 56* DG Spinner
Putter: Taylormade Ghost Spider Si 38"

Like crap today, 11 strokes worse than last week. It's like I couldn't even hit the ball today

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

Shot 74 yesterday - 29 putts - the round was in direct contrast to that 83 a couple of weeks ago where I took 39 putts - the reason why I had 74 and not 73 was a ball in the water - that's three penalty strokes in the past 3 rounds - way, way too many for my taste. Still I can live with 76, 73, 74 - I'm making a few more birdies because I'm taking a few more risks, hence the penalty strokes.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches