TESTERS WANTED! ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

Nice round, rev. Kind of feel like I may have turned a corner last weekend. Shot an 84 and only had a handful of really well-struck shots. Stayed out of trouble, putted reasonably well, and carded two 42's. Not a bad day out, really, especially since I had been struggling in recent weeks. The SCOR wedges and STX putter have been a big help.

PING i20 8.5*, TFC707D (S)
Callaway RAZR Fit 15*, neutral setting, stock shaft (S)
PING i20 20*, TFC707H (S)
Adams Pro a12 23*, Matrix Ozik Altus (S)
PING i20 5-PW, TT DG S300, 1.5* flat (purple dot)
SCOR 50*,54*,58*, Genius 12 KBS Tour (S), 1.5* flat, -1/4"
STX xForm 3, 35"

Well, I've gotten to play, though I have been al over the map.

I posted an 80, 86 & 81. My driver has been erratic so it puts pressure on my second shot and I've just got to get the ball in the fairway and give myself good approaches! It's coming :)

Hope everyone's well and as Richard says, may all of your games be fairways and greens :)

Just got home from my free swing eval/half lesson I won at the golf show. It's amazing how much pain you can be in just from having someone correct your posture and backswing. I know I'm getting older, but wow. Feeling some pain for only hitting balls the second time this year but was actually encouraged by the change in ball flight and accuracy. On the bright side I was told that my grip was perfect and to not change a thing there which equates to a win in my book. Swallowed my pride and signed up for a 4 lesson package. I see some work ahead but if it gets me into a better repeatable swing I'll take it.

Edit: As a side note, seeing myself on video really sticks home the fact that fatty here has put on a little wait and maybe the ol lady is not just nagging me about a diet for the sake of nagging.

In Nick's Ogio Edge Stand Bag
Driver: Taylormade Rocketballz 9.5* Aldila Rip'd NV Stiff
Fairway: Tour Edge CB4 15* Rip Gamma Stiff
Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro A12 18* KBS Tour X
Irons: Mizuno MP-53 3-PW DG X100
Wedges: Mizuno MP R-12 52* & 56* DG Spinner
Putter: Taylormade Ghost Spider Si 38"

Well, it was the standard 85*+ and 85% humidity, but I got my first full round in today. 46 front, 43 back. There's some real potential if I can avoid making a few mistakes and blowing up 3 holes. The back went pretty well for most of the holes really, except for one or two. After 18 I decided to play 1 & 2 again because they were the quickest route back to my room and ended up playing them par-birdie, so things are looking up. I've really got to either get my hands on a pull cart or give in and start getting a regular cart if I want to be playing 36 though. My feet are tired after that round.

The short game was flaky, but that's from a lack of practice. The course out here by the building I'm staying in is not in great shape, though they at least make an effort with the greens and surrounding area. They're REALLY slow in the a.m. though, because it rains for a few minutes pretty much every morning. I'd love to try and get to some of the nice courses on the island.

Hopefully you all are getting some good rounds in! And for you fellow Minnesotans... I'm so sorry!

Driver: TaylorMade R9 9.5* with a Diamana Kai'li 70 S shaft

Fairway: TaylorMade R9 TP 13* with Graphite Design Tour AD YSQ-st X flex

UtilityWilson Staff FYbrid 19.5* Aldila RIP Sigma Stiff

Irons: Wilson Staff FG Tour V2 KBS Tour X flex 4-pw (soft-stepped)

Wedges: Wilson Staff FG Tour TC 50* (standard grind, bent to 51*) TT DG Spinner, 56* and 60* (tour grinds, bent to 55* and 59*) Dynamic Gold Wedge flex

Putter: Yes! Abbie Tour Forged Pro Series 33" 

Ball: Wilson Staff FG Tour, Maxfli U4

Bag: Wilson Staff NeXus 100th Anniversary carry bag

Backup Irons: Wilson Staff FG-17 Tour Blades with TT Dynamic Stiff 3-PW

Backup Utility: Mizuno MP-H4 2 iron TT Dynamic Gold R300

Backup Putter: Pro Gear CG 100 33" (Pro Gear is what turned into Yes!)

Well, I had an 80 and my driver was consistently landing in the fairway for the first time this year. I hit 6/10 with 2 others in the first cut and none "in trouble." This is good because I'm playing in our first event of the year tomorrow.

It's a mixed best ball memorial event and I'm playing with Richard's brother. I'm not sure of his handicap but he hits the ball a lonnng way so I won't have to worry about my drives, lol.

I hope you all have fair weather, low scores and fun times this week end :)

Shot an 89 today with one birdie and 4 doubles.

Missed a second Birdie when a four foot putt lipped out and presented me with a 5 foot par putt which I missed and resulted with a bogie.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Played yesterday, tale of two sides...52 front....44 back

However I did get me an EAGLE on a par 5!!!!

Also only had time to play front 9 today but shot a 44......pretty good golf weekend for me!!!!!!

Today, I will do what others will not so that...

Tomorrow, I will do what others can not

Played our clubs stroke round on Saturday. Net 66 for second place. The Jack Daniels went down well. blink.gif

AJ

WITB

Driver: Ping G25

FW: TM RBZ

Irons: Miura 57 Series w/KBS C-Taper

Wedges: Vokey SM4 52-08,56-12,60-04

Putter: Watch This Space

Ball: SRixon Z Star

Other: Tourstriker 7i

"Go Hard or Go Home"

"Do or Do Not. There is NO "TRY"

"Be normal, and the crowd will accept you. Be deranged, and they will make you their leader"

"I don't fail. I succeed at finding what doesn't work"

72 (E) at Evans Prairie in The Villages, FL. Then 73 (+1) at Walkabout GC in Mims, FL.

Losing my swing a little bit on both back nines. Only had 1 birdie at Evans Prairie, on a 35 footer. Had 6 birdie chances inside 15 feet and never converted one of them. At Walkabout I had 5 birdies, but 2 doubles. Had 6 birdie opps from inside 15 feet, converted 4 of them. New irons are working out nicely.

3JACK

Author of Pro Golf Synopsis. The Moneyball approach to golf strategy and analysis.Driver: Wishon 919THI, 10° loft, UST Mamiya VTS Red 7x, 44-3/8” long, 2,825 kg/cm^2 MOIGONZO WOOD: confidential2-Hybrid: Mizuno Fli-HiCLK, 17° loft, 40-7/8" KBS Tour Hybrid shaft (stiff)3-Hybrid: Mizuno Fli-HiCLK, 20° loft, 40" KBS Tour Hybrid shaft (stiff)4-6 iron: Wishon 575MMC (CB)7-PW: Wishon 575MMC (MB)SW: Edel Golf driver grind, 52° loft, 16° bounce, Nippon WV 125 shaft.LW: Edel Golf Digger Grind, 60° loft, 27° bounce, Nippon WV 125 ShaftPutter: Edel Golf Columbia Custom Made, 35" long, 72° lie angle, 3° loft. Ball: Titleist Pro V1xGrips: PURE Grips P2 Wrap (red)Shoes: FootJoy Dry-Joy (black, size 14)3Jack's Golf Blog - http://3jack.blogspot.com

I'm finally getting more friends playing golf. Last Sunday I played like crap and all my old bad habits returned. However, on the 9th we decided on a small wager, whoever scored the worst had to buy the round, so I flushed a 4i onto the green and two putted for par. The other two guys had to split the round with double bogeys each :D.

Finally got to hit the actual course. Me and a buddy out just playing and catching up no score kept just a nice relaxing round. Greens were a nightmare brown spot dirt patches but it didn't matter. Just out having fun. Hit some great wedge shots and the swing changes I've been working on are starting to catch on. Some of the best shots I've hit in since college. Just need consistency. And sunscreen. I'm burnt like a mofo. Lol

In Nick's Ogio Edge Stand Bag
Driver: Taylormade Rocketballz 9.5* Aldila Rip'd NV Stiff
Fairway: Tour Edge CB4 15* Rip Gamma Stiff
Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro A12 18* KBS Tour X
Irons: Mizuno MP-53 3-PW DG X100
Wedges: Mizuno MP R-12 52* & 56* DG Spinner
Putter: Taylormade Ghost Spider Si 38"

Well, I won the memorial Mixed Best Ball :)

LoL, I should say that my partner and I won. Richard's brother, Greg, was my partner. We both played well. I made three natural birdie putts(his approach shots, haha). The putts were 6', 8-10' & the third was about 12'. I'm putting well, and my drives are in the fairways, so I'm having fun, LoL B)

I played with the ladies yesterday and had an 82. I need to work on my greenside sand shots. I had 3 and left two in the sand :(

Well, I hope you all have fair weather and lots of birdies! :rolleyes:

Finally got a chance to play nine holes today!! The course was in fairly rough shape, wet and the greens were EXTREMELY slow, it was still great to play outside for the first time in months. I managed to make 3 pars and play 2 below my normal handicap, so I definitely feel like the GC2 is improving my game. My iron distances, in particular seem to be spot on with the distances I get at home. Considering I haven't even played this course in 4 years and had trouble finding one of the tee boxes, it was a good day - lol

What's In the Bag

Driver - :callaway-small: GBB 

Hybrids  :cleveland-small: Halo XL Halo 18* & :cobra-small: T-Rail 20*

Irons  :cobra-small: T-Rail 2.0

Wedges :ping-small: 60* TS / SCOR 48* 53* 58*

Putter     :scotty-small:

Ball :callaway-logo-1:

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

I actually golfed on Mother's Day, and it was okay. Long story for another time,

Played Tega Cay golf club in SC. I did not have any lost strokes from the tee, which usually means that I will shoot very well,

However, I could not hit anything else, I shot an 89, and I left the course felling like what happened, you should have scored well, , but just didnt do anyhting.I had at least 8 three putts, (haven't counted them all for sure) and about 5 chunked chip shots, pured a drive on 10, left 50 yards over water and hit it about 10, this round could easily been in the 70's. that's the frustrating part, I have practiced and prepared but the wheels came off and dragged my butt around the course all day. I hit 12 fairways for crying out loud, how do you shoot 89 with 12 fairways. And I hit 3 of the par threes is reg. I hate this game sometimes.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

Well, I get my driving in line and my putter goes... ;)

I had an 82 & an 86 this week-end.

I had 4 three putts in the 86 and missed about a 3-4'er and a 5'er.

I should make at least one of those!

Oh well, it's off to the practice green tonight.

Have a great week guys!!

:)

I've been able to play 9 holes each on 2 different days this week and all things considered, my game from 50 yards to the green and especially bunker play around the green absolutely sucks... As for putting, I'm usually online but distance control is off, but considering the conditions of the greens right now, that's not a big surprise, either. It was getting better the last 3-4 holes of each round, so that should come along with some more practice. I feel confident with every club in my bag and my short game woes are definitely "the carpenter, not the tools," right now. I've got 5 more days before my league starts, so I just need to spend some time in "the sandbox" and chipping so I striking the ball and quit "flipping" and scooping...

One round was truly practice, no score and I played multiple balls and repeated some shots since I pretty much had the course to myself, in the other round I still managed to shoot 42, which is great for me this early in the year, since I'm carrying over a 17.3 hd from last season :D

It's just GREAT finally being able to play OUTSIDE!

What's In the Bag

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

Played in a KC Cup match yesterday and felt good to win again. My game was pretty sketchy, especially early but my partner carried me for the first 6 holes and then I decided to play a bit and helped close them out, had them dormy on 14 and finished them on 15. I had some very odd severe blocks to the right with the driver, it happened 3 times yesterday, it was almost like a driver shank but with really good contact, one of them was WAY right, the others stayed in play, not sure what all that is about but I wouldn't be upset if it just goes away without further investigation!

Ping I20 8.5* - Aldila NV 65g S
Adams XTD Super Hybrid 15* - Stock Fubuki S
Adams DHY 21* - Stock Matrix Ozik White Tie S
Mizuno MP58 4-8 Irons - Fujikura MCI 100 S
SCOR 42,46,50,54,58* - SCOR/KBS Genius S
STX Robert Ingman Envision TR 35", Iomic grip

After 5 bad rounds in a row, finally had a decent round (for me), a 44/41 85 on the TPC Valley Course. Typical to my streaky play of late, I was only 4 over par on the 12 beginning and finishing holes (no birdies), but 9 over par on the middle 6 holes. But the big, big thing today was that I went back to my old putter, an Odyssey Whitehot blade type putter that's about 8 years old, ditching the Odyssey two ball that had been causing me fits for the last 6 months. 27 Putts, versus my usual 32 to 36 putts!. Several 10 to 20 footers MADE, which have been so rare of late, and NO short putts missed, which have been so common of late. Took me 2 holes to adjust to the different weight (our practice greens are still either closed or being rebuilt--4 weeks now of no putting practice). Ten 1 putts and only one 3 putt (one of the early adjustment holes). Still can't conquer hole 6 (the Valley Course's evil reverse twin of the Stadium's 18). Near as I can figure, I've double bogied the hole 11 out of the last 12 times I've played it. It's a dog leg right, with water all the way down the right (it really is the opposite of Stadium 18). Usually I pull the drive hard left into the really high mounds, leaving an extreme uphill/downhill sidehill shot out of deep rough from 180 plus with the water still right. Results are predictable, even layups from those lies are problematic. Today, trying ever so hard not to pull left, I creamed it, but with a slight fade that almost hit a hazard stake and took a cruel bounce right into the water. Next shot, bad, pushed right into water. Walked 10 yards up, dropped again, stuck an 8 iron to 3 feet and one-putted for my ......6. Oh well, I've tried every strategy to play the hole, but it just sets up bad for me off the tee.

Nonchalant putts count the same as chalant putts.

In my Ogio Ozone XX Cart Stand Bag:

Ping G400 10.5 Deg Driver, stock Stiff shaft
TM Rocketballz 19 Deg 5 Wood, stock Matrix Osik Stiff shaft
TM Rocketballz Stage 2 21 Deg Tour 4 Hybrid, Rocketfuel 80h Stiff shaft 

Callaway Apex CF 16 Irons, 4-P, Stiff Shafts

Scor 48 and 55 degree wedges.  
Renegar 60 Deg Steel Shaft Lob Wedge

TM Ghost Spider Si 38" Counterbalanced Putter

Took the afternoon off work to play with some retired buddies and got to the course early enough to practice about 30 minutes on the chipping area before we tee'd off. Happy, happy, happy! Felt confident off the tee and hit 5 GIR, NO 3 putts, nothing over bogey and, while I still have a lot of work to do, got my chips on the green even if they left me with a long first putt. I just tried to stay relaxed and not play outside of my capabilities and it paid off.

For the first official 18 holes of the season, I shot below my handicap! :D

What's In the Bag

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

I played 36 holes yesterday and it was just atrocious. I didn't expect to shoot 75 but didn't expect 93 either!?!? Hit the driver fairly well, chipped decently. Irons were as bad as I have ever hit them and putter was very inconsistent as well. I hit 4/18 greens and only 3/14 fairways but my misses with driver weren't too far from the short grass. The 2nd round is fuzzy after I started having beers to numb the pain. I still played horrible but it didn't sting quite as bad. I have some range work and a visit to my instructor in order...

Driver: Titleist 915 D2 9.5 with Diamana Whiteboard S flex

3 wood: Titleist 915F 15*, Whiteboard S Flex

Titleist 915H 18* and 24* with Whiteboard SFlex

Irons: Mizuno JPX EZ Forged 4-PW with S300's

Wedges: Mizuno MP T4 50*, 56* with DG Spinner

Putter:MannKrafted Long Slope or Odyssey #7 Versa Metal milled or Betti Tour Stock;

Ball: Bridgestone B330 or Titleist NXT

Bag: Titleist 'Murica colored carry bag or

MyGolfSpy Tour Bag

RH, Western KY

Posted Image

Today, shot an 80 with 5 birdies on the round. Played in a twosome and was stuck behind a foursome all day long(they were having senior day today and they're we're 8 groups of 4 that went off in front of us, with a hole each between them). We got to the turn and went inside and I ordered a burger, which took 20 minutes to come out and then another 7 or 8 to eat. Started back on #10 and had caught that foursome by #14. I can't play slow and my birdies came on 11, 12, 13, 14 and 16. Regardless it's better than I've been playing lately but not by much. Still struggling to hit players cavities it seems.

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

Today, shot an 80 with 5 birdies on the round. Played in a twosome and was stuck behind a foursome all day long(they were having senior day today and they're we're 8 groups of 4 that went off in front of us, with a hole each between them). We got to the turn and went inside and I ordered a burger, which took 20 minutes to come out and then another 7 or 8 to eat. Started back on #10 and had caught that foursome by #14. I can't play slow and my birdies came on 11, 12, 13, 14 and 16. Regardless it's better than I've been playing lately but not by much. Still struggling to hit players cavities it seems.

Had a very similar round recently; had 5 birdies and shot 83 (+11). I had the opposite problem though, the guys I was playing with had to go to work, so we were playing speed golf. One of these days I'll get to play at a good pace and put up a good score.

Had a very similar round recently; had 5 birdies and shot 83 (+11). I had the opposite problem though, the guys I was playing with had to go to work, so we were playing speed golf. One of these days I'll get to play at a good pace and put up a good score.

I hear that. I'm not a speed golfer, but I like to play at a good pace where I can get in a rhythm. Those days where you hit it, wait 10 mins, hit it again, putt putt, wait again kill me.

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

Played TPC Valley on Friday with regular group and shot an 83 with 35 putts. Hit 8 Fairways, 7 greens, and had 1 birdie. we got out early and played behind a slow group that picked up the pace at the turn and we finished in about 4 hours. Nothing special, but after pulling my tee shot in the water on the par 4 #13, I had about 200 to the green with a sidehill lie. Smashed a 3 hybrid on the green to about 20 feet. Missed the putt, but did get down in two. Have put my R9 in storage and still working thru getting used to RBZ driver. Until recently have carried both drivers but am hitting it consistently enough to leave it in the bag. During lunch after the round we settled our bets and I won a dollar, so the water is on me.

Think this is the worst 72 I have ever shot. Just 5 fairways all day but somehow managed to hit 14 greens. Then two putted pretty much everything I had 37 putts. Never disappointed in shooting 72 but with the way I struck my irons I feel like I should have shot 5 shots better Not a bad round though for just my 3rd round of the year but Im blaming the putting on the aerated greens.

Played yesterday at Fox Den in Stow, Ohio. Shot a 93, which I'm not disappointed in...I got my irons dialed in fairly well as the round progressed, but I need to keep my head down with my driver and hybrids. All in all, not a bad day.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Escaped with an 89 at Hidden Valley Golf Club (2011 National Golf Course of the Year) ... www.hiddenvalleygolf.com.

Great course, some tough holes, but definitely playable for a wide range of golfers.

Hidden Valley Golf Club.jpg

Posted a 85 at the resort course at La Cantera Westin. 15 Mph winds and several Par/Birdie putts, ball did not want to find it way home. Gamed the Covert 5-wood for the first time, performed spot on at the 230-240 range.

Driver:   :taylormade-small: M3 Tensei CK Pro Blue
3-Metal:: :callaway-small: GBB EPIC, FujiKura Pro Green

5-Metal:  :cobra-small: F-7, FujiKura Pro

Irons:   :mizuno-small: MP-18 SC, KBS Tour 120

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:   RTX-3  52 - 56 - 60
Putter:  EVN-Roll ER-5

Ball :  :bridgestone-small: Tour B XS

Range Finder:  Busnnell Tour-X,  Garmin S20 

Follow me:

@Hula_Rock