TESTERS WANTED! ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

Played 9 again today with my father inlaw and brother inlaw scores were bad but I think I am finally getting the new driver worked out 3 for six were in the fairway or first cut the others were in a fairway just not the right one. Best drive if the yardage markers are to be believe was nearly 260. The only bad part of the round was realing my angle on 9 and falling on my face but the inlaws got a good laugh.

My Bag

Driver Diablo Edge

Fairway Nickent DX 3 and 5

Hybrid Nickent DT 3 and 4 hybrid

Iron VR Pro Combo5-pw

Wedge Adams Idea Pro 60 and 56

Putter STX X-Form 1

Played a quick 18 on Saturday morning and ended with a two over 73.........17 pars and a stupid double on an easy hole. Missed my line off the tee with a three wood and flew the fairway to a terrible lie, took my medicine and then hit lob wedge over the green. To make it worse I then proceeded to miss the two footer I had for bogey. The other 17 holes went just fine.

WITB 2024

Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60g 6.5

M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Sim Ti 22* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Sim2 Rescue 22* Diamana Thump 100x

X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Z Star Diamond

Yesterday I won my second comp of the year and got cut a little bit; which is great......but

Birdied 7, 8 and 9 - to go to 2 under. Was level stood in the middle of the 15th fairway and caught a huge nosebleed (metaphorically) ended up dropping 6 in the last 4 holes. Made some poor decisions and then backed those up with more poor decisions. Can only put it down to nerves.

So yep playing well - hit first 12 greens in reg and in total hit 14 green out of 18. Chipping and putting feels better but the thing between my ears is letting me down a bit.

Anyone got any tips for finishing it off?

Rest in peace long sticks - I'll remember you

TM Burner Superfast 2.0 TP Regular

TM RBZ Stage 2 Fairway 14.5 stiff

Adams Blue Hybrid No. 3 stiff

Adams Super xtdHybrid 21.5 Stiff

Ping G30 4 and 5 Iron - Regular CFS Shaft

Ping i25 6 - PW Regular CFS Shaft

TM Y Groove Gap Wedge

Cleveland CG10 Sand Wedge

PingTR Piper Putter, adjustable shaft, SuperStroke Fatso

Titleist StaDry Cart Bag

Motocaddy S3 Pro Trolley

Foot Joy City, Adidas Boost Boa and Adidas Superstar shoes

Pro V1x in the summer, Titleist Velocity in the winter.

Played like a fool yesterday. A course I've broken 90 on before, I was lucky I broke 100.

I couldn't putt to save my life, which is weird since I average 1.84 putts per round. I was lifting on a lot of shots, so tops were the flavour of the day.

On the plus side, I've been test driving my playing partners i15 driver with the Ping TFC regular shaft in it and have been hitting that well, so he swapped it for my G5 driver which he likes.

Matt

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

So I typed the response in another thread where on Friday we were talking about swing speed but decided it belonged here instead. But on Friday on the Swing Speed thread I talked about how tempo and the seemingly slower speed actually made my swing speed increase and the ball go much much farther. So on Saturday morning, I warm up on the range thinking about the tempo speed down and swing speed up and just crushed the ball. Instead of a 265 yard average with an occasional one getting out there to 300 (total yardage with roll, never have I claimed to hit one 300 or even 265 in the air.) First drive was 295 right down the middle. Two drives way over 300 and one of those 333 because I tracked the distance with my Neo X watch. I was also a club longer with my irons.

Usually, I am using one more club than the rest of the guys in my group. Not off the tee with the driver but off the tee with irons. Normally, my 265 off the tee may not be the longest but it is not embarrassingly. I am at least the second longest, but a 295 yard average put me 20 yards from the closest guy. And one time I was 100 yards from the closest. But all of a sudden, I was hitting the same number club as them but a bit farther. This is huge because I play Mizunos with lower lofts and shorter shafts than the TMag and Pings and Callaways they play. Unfortunately, I was also a bit longer with my partial shots.:angry:

Same story with Sunday, but the wind was blowing pretty strong and after missing two fairways and just not comfortable that I could control the driver into the wind I pulled out the 2 iron on the Par 5 third hole. Mizzy MP FLI HI (2010) with a KBS Hybrid Shaft. I hit this 245 yards into the wind on the third hole and was dead center of the fairway. I had decided I was not going to reach in two anyway so nice smooth swing. There were four others in my group and I was the longest off the tee and the only one in the fairway. Next shot was a 3 iron and was in a perfect place to pitch it to the hole. I birdied the hole with a 2 and 3 iron and there was one par, a bogey and two doubles on the hole and they were hitting driver, 3 woods.

Same story with the next par 5 into the wind, I had the longest drive and had used a 2 iron. I hit 2 iron again and was just short of the green. Scoring was similar, except I missed my birdie putt. So all day long, into the wind I hit 2 iron and with the wind I hit driver. I was asked why I was not hitting the driver on every hole as well as I am hitting it. I just smiled and said "This hole is only 495 yards into a 18 mph wind, I do not think I need to hit the driver."

I played pretty well all weekend. I hit every club longer than I have ever hit them in the past. And a lot of great shots, however, the greens were so firm and fast, and while I made some excellent putts. I remember on one hole where I had the perfect lie, at the perfect distance and made the perfect swing the ball lands about 3 feet from the pin and hops and stops, and then the wind or something happens and it starts to wander around like it is drunk and by the time I get there I have a 12'er with about 10 inches of break and have to go over a ridge. I left the birdie putt going straight in the hole and it stops an inch from the lip. Another guy had a putt on the same line but 8 foot, and misses the cup and it rolls another 8 feet past the hole.

:ping-small:G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small:G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small:G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:taylormade-small:P790 Black 4-A 
on :kbs: TGI 80S

:mizuno-small: ES21 54-8° & 58-12° on :kbs: Hi Rev

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

Driver, 3w, 3H are JumboMax JMX UltraLite XS 

Yesterday I won my second comp of the year and got cut a little bit; which is great......but

Birdied 7, 8 and 9 - to go to 2 under. Was level stood in the middle of the 15th fairway and caught a huge nosebleed (metaphorically) ended up dropping 6 in the last 4 holes. Made some poor decisions and then backed those up with more poor decisions. Can only put it down to nerves.

So yep playing well - hit first 12 greens in reg and in total hit 14 green out of 18. Chipping and putting feels better but the thing between my ears is letting me down a bit.

Anyone got any tips for finishing it off?

Don't over think the shots and stay in your comfort zone. When I first starting playing in college I struggled a bit with nerves and to overcome that I tried to just hit shots naturally and stay in my comfort zone. If I hit a bad shot I would focus on the recovery and not the poor shot and the main thing is just stay confident. I stopped playing competitively for a few years after college and when I got back into it I started to get the same nerves. At the end of the day I just put everything into perspective.......if I shot 90 in the club championship my wife was still going to be there when I got home, my kids could care less what I shot and life would move on. Once I stopped putting so much pressure on myself and gained some confidence the nerves went away and I was able to finish the round as strong as I started it.

WITB 2024

Z Star Diamond

It's so easy to tell someone what to do - stay in the moment, one shot at a time, don't change your routine, blah da blah da blah da -

In the end though you just have to do it - follow that advice and play one shot at a time - I think you learn that by experiencing the nose bleeds.

Good luck

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

It's so easy to tell someone what to do - stay in the moment, one shot at a time, don't change your routine, blah da blah da blah da -

In the end though you just have to do it - follow that advice and play one shot at a time - I think you learn that by experiencing the nose bleeds.

Good luck

Could not agree more. I experienced my share of meltdowns before I changed my mindset and it helped me to understand what the triggers were for a meltdown. I had a qualifier for my club championship that playing off of scratch I should have had no issue getting into. Played the first five holes in even par and the made a quad and three doubles to shoot 46 on the front nine......had a nice talk with myself and then went out and shot 30 on the back to take the #4 spot in the tournament and assure myself an easier road into match play. On the other hand I have also had events where I replicated my front and back 9s to shoot some really big numbers and left embarrassed. Nothing worse than someone telling you that you have a "vanity handicap".

WITB 2024

Z Star Diamond

Could not agree more. I experienced my share of meltdowns before I changed my mindset and it helped me to understand what the triggers were for a meltdown. I had a qualifier for my club championship that playing off of scratch I should have had no issue getting into. Played the first five holes in even par and the made a quad and three doubles to shoot 46 on the front nine......had a nice talk with myself and then went out and shot 30 on the back to take the #4 spot in the tournament and assure myself an easier road into match play. On the other hand I have also had events where I replicated my front and back 9s to shoot some really big numbers and left embarrassed. Nothing worse than someone telling you that you have a "vanity handicap".

To go off on a new tangent, I love the term "Vanity Handicap".

It is so irritating that when I tell someone I'm a 3 handicap, they expect me to shoot 74-76 every time. That is what I'm CAPABLE of shooting..... This isn't bowling.....

There is no spoon.

WITB
TaylorMade M3
Callaway Diablo 15°
Callaway Diablo 18°
Callaway Steelhead XR Pro 4-W
Mizuno TP-4 50, 54, 58
TaylorMade Rossa Monza Spyder

Yep to that last comment - handicaps should be achieved about 25 percent of the time. They measure potential - Its hard to play to your potential in a tournament unless you play lots of tournaments because they're different.

I love playing in tournaments - I've had just enough success to make me want to do it again and there is nothing like stretching and testing oneself.

I've also had my share of nose bleeds. Lots of nose bleeds.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Shot 81 with 5 penalty strokes, all were from wayward tee shots. Took 4 unplayable, and had to re-tee on the 1 hcp hole, I managed to only double 1 of the holes. And on the difficult 7 hole, I killed the second drive, then put it 35 feet, and made a downhill left to right lucky one for a 5. All in all it wasn't a horrible round, but 5 lost shots killed me, especially Since I made 3 birdies. Chipped in on 9 and then holed out from the bunker on 12. That's golf for ya, just need to get it all working together in the same round.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

To go off on a new tangent, I love the term "Vanity Handicap".

It is so irritating that when I tell someone I'm a 3 handicap, they expect me to shoot 74-76 every time. That is what I'm CAPABLE of shooting..... This isn't bowling.....

My stock response is normally that me and my "vanity handicap" will play you straight up for fifty a hole............and I have yet to have anyone actually take me up on that.

WITB 2024

Z Star Diamond

Last week, I shot my best score for the year with an 83 (my course handicap is 17). JC, one of my regular playing partners and a 16 handicap, shot an 84 and Eagle12, a fellow forum member, shot an 80, I believe. Pretty good scores for the group. JC followed up that round with an 80 on Tuesday, a career best for him, and I had my 6th consecutive round in the 80s. Yesterday, the next time both of us played, JC had a 96 and I had an ugly 92. Woe the inconsistencies of the higher handicappers. I couldn't hit a decent iron to save my life and JC couldn't keep his driver in play. How do things disintegrate so quickly??

Conditions were beautiful by the way.

Nonchalant putts count the same as chalant putts.

In my Ogio Ozone XX Cart Stand Bag:

Ping G400 10.5 Deg Driver, stock Stiff shaft
TM Rocketballz 19 Deg 5 Wood, stock Matrix Osik Stiff shaft
TM Rocketballz Stage 2 21 Deg Tour 4 Hybrid, Rocketfuel 80h Stiff shaft 

Callaway Apex CF 16 Irons, 4-P, Stiff Shafts

Scor 48 and 55 degree wedges.  
Renegar 60 Deg Steel Shaft Lob Wedge

TM Ghost Spider Si 38" Counterbalanced Putter

Well, after a couple of months playing very well, I really tanked myself with a simple change. After 22 years of glasses, I went to contacts. This has completely fouled up my depth perception, and severely impacted my swing. Got out, the last couple of weeks and I went from a comfortable series of rounds in the high 80's & low 90's before contacts to over 100's after contacts, though they have started coming back down, but ever so slowly.

So...... I grabbed my clubs and took them on vacation to Florida over the 4th. Fun in the sun, beach, & golf. Little did I know that mother nature had a different plan. I arrived to what is to all appearances a veritable flood. So the 4th was a washout. Friday the 5th, we played a bit on the beach, in the rain. Saturday, the sun came out, for about 2 hours in the morning. So we hit the beach. Then the rain rolled back in so we grabbed lunch. After lunch however, I figured, it was a light drizzle, and the radar looked like it would end, so ever the optimist, off I went to Emerald Bay to see if I could squeeze in a round.

Well, to describe the conditions as 'damp' would be an insult to dish clothes everywhere, so let's go with 'Jungle Like humidity, mixed with swampy conditions and a light drizzle'. Seriously it was wet out there, though the rain stayed away enough that I got through the round without getting rained upon (at least not from the sky, splashes from balls, swings, golf carts and trees don't really count). Since they say a picture is worth a thousand words, I'll just show that.

IMG_0055.jpg

For what it's worth, that supposed to be a water hazard on the left, with about 10 feet of grass between it and the cart path.

So about the round, well, I started off terrible, and got slowly better, but I managed to squeak out my first round under 100 since switching to contacts. Opening with a pair of triples, following with a pair of doubles generally isn't a great way of getting out the gate. However, from there things steadily improved. Hit a par, then a couple more doubles mixed with a single or two, resulting in a 51 on the front. Not great, but considering the conditions, and an unfamiliar course, well, it was alright. Opening the back with another triple was a rude turn with a couple of nasty bits of short game. A nasty shank of the heel of a 56 degree wedge, followed by an equally nasty bladed 60 degree, I thought it was more of the same. But then again, golf never does go the way you think it will. A couple of bogeys later, things started clicking. A par here, a single there, a couple of birdies in unexpected locations and all of the sudden, I find myself walking up to 18 looking at a possible sub 90 round. Unfortunately the game of golf got the better of me, and so I finished with 92. All in all, it felt good, and to have done that in such nasty conditions, I have no complaints.

Dru - Owner, President & Janitor, Druware Software Designs

RH 13.1 Handicap in soggy Georgia 

WITB
* 1W 10.5* @ PXG 0211 ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff )
* 3W PXG 0211 ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff ) 
* 5W 18* Tailor-made AeroBurner ( Stock Stiff )
* 7W  Sub70 949x ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff )
* 5i-PW @ PXG 0211 ( Gen 1 )
* 52 @ Hogan Equalizer
* 56 @ Sub70 
* 60 @ Hogan Equalizer
* Carbon Ringo 1/4
* Vice Pro Plus

Well, after a couple of months playing very well, I really tanked myself with a simple change. After 22 years of glasses, I went to contacts. This has completely fouled up my depth perception, and severely impacted my swing. Got out, the last couple of weeks and I went from a comfortable series of rounds in the high 80's & low 90's before contacts to over 100's after contacts, though they have started coming back down, but ever so slowly.

Hang in there, you'll learn to love them. I'm willing to bet you're almost adapted, if not already.

Played with Zach (bestgrips) on Friday. His country club (April Sound in Conroe Texas) requires major local knowledge but was in great shape. He said he thinks that playing it some gives a member a 5 shot advantage. I played terrible but had a great time because Zach is super nice and a very good golfer. I also got a tour of the best grips shop and met Zach's dad who is a wealth of golf and equipment knowledge. I tried out a microperf club grip. It was crazy tacky and will stay on my Driver and had them make me a custom putter grip. It was a great day despite the poor play.

It's all about the short game, unless you can't keep it in play!

What's in my Bag:
Driver: Adams Speedline Super LS 10.5 with Excalibur T7+ tour stiff shaft
3 Wood: Adams Speedline Super LS 13 degree with Excalibur TFW Tour stiff shaft
Hybrid: Nickent 6DT 19 degree Aldilla Voodoo NV Stiff shaft
Irons: 4-9 KZG Tour Evolution with Nippon N.S. Pro Modus 3 tour 120 x flex shafts
Wedges:49 degree Dave Pelz wedge with a Nippon N.S. Pro Modus tour 120 x flex shaft. 54,64 Dave Pelz wedges with Rifle spinner shafts 59 Degree Scor wedge with rifle spinner shaft.
Putter: Bentinardi Ben Hogan Big Ben Center shafted 33 inches with best grips custom pistol putter grip.

Ball: Titleist Pro V1X, Callaway Hex Chrome +

Today was the fourth day of a four day golf weekend. There has been 16 different guys rotating in and out of my group, but four of us have been constant all weekend. Going into today, I was pretty happy with my play this week, 74's and 75's. This morning we had 12 guys show up to play and divided into teams of 4. The round started off pretty normal, had a great drive, hit the green, and missed the birdie putt by a half inch. Same story for the second hole. Third hole, a par 5, I had an eagle putt and made a birdie. Then birdie 4. Then a four putt bogey on the number 5 par 5. Then I got really hot and birdie the rest of the front, except eagle the par 4 8th.

I shot a 30 on the front nine, and could have been much lower. Then the crowded course and the heat began to take their toll. The no wind that we had on the front 9 that made the scoring easier did not seem like such a blessing once the temperature passed the 95 mark. With temperatures in the upper 90's and having to wait on every shot, it began to get more and more difficult to hold my great round together. I shot a 38 on the back but I am still proud that I did not blow my good round. It would have been very easy to do that. I missed some good opportunities on 10, 11, 12 & 13 to go lower, poor drives on 14 & 15 & 18 made pars very difficult and made bogies on 14 & 18.

I did make $160 but had to pay the bar bill for the other 11 guys. Still left with $50. For some stupid reason we went back out and played 9 more but the bet I just played that 9 for fun and did care about the score. Do not get me wrong, I tried my best on every shot, but we had spent an hour in the bar and I was just interested in having fun.

While I have shot rounds in the 60's during the week they are with one or two others in the group. No bets usually, and no waiting on the other groups. Today, with 11 others in my group, we were the last flight in our group, and twosomes behind us and people stacked three or four holes in either direction, and money on the line, I am happy to have held the round together. Hopefully, this is a sign that perhaps I can begin to play better under pressure.

:ping-small:G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small:G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small:G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:taylormade-small:P790 Black 4-A 
on :kbs: TGI 80S

:mizuno-small: ES21 54-8° & 58-12° on :kbs: Hi Rev

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

Driver, 3w, 3H are JumboMax JMX UltraLite XS 

I shot a 30 on the front nine, and could have been much lower. I shot a 38 on the back but I am still proud that I did not blow my good round.

Great Round

What's in my Bag:
Irons: 4-9 KZG Tour Evolution with Nippon N.S. Pro Modus 3 tour 120 x flex shafts
Wedges:49 degree Dave Pelz wedge with a Nippon N.S. Pro Modus tour 120 x flex shaft. 54,64 Dave Pelz wedges with Rifle spinner shafts 59 Degree Scor wedge with rifle spinner shaft.
Putter: Bentinardi Ben Hogan Big Ben Center shafted 33 inches with best grips custom pistol putter grip.

Shot 100. Slow play from 7 onwards. I'm going to burn my clubs.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Great round Rick

I feel your pain Dru and you got to play on one of the better days - Yesterday was the first day that it did not rain where I'm at in Florida in nearly three weeks. I played, shot 74 - It's remarkable to me I played two weeks ago in Indiana, averaged 257 off the tee and shot 79. I played yesterday, same length course - 6,400 yards give or take, similar slope - low 130's, similar course rating - I averaged 221 off the tee (that must be my current carry distance because trust me I was getting no roll) and you see the difference in the scores despite hitting it 35 yards shorter off the tee - Of course I'm used to bermuda greens and they are so wet you basically just aim and fire away right now.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Last week, I shot my best score for the year with an 83 (my course handicap is 17). JC, one of my regular playing partners and a 16 handicap, shot an 84 and Eagle12, a fellow forum member, shot an 80, I believe. Pretty good scores for the group. JC followed up that round with an 80 on Tuesday, a career best for him, and I had my 6th consecutive round in the 80s. Yesterday, the next time both of us played, JC had a 96 and I had an ugly 92. Woe the inconsistencies of the higher handicappers. I couldn't hit a decent iron to save my life and JC couldn't keep his driver in play. How do things disintegrate so quickly??

Conditions were beautiful by the way.

Hey Jax Beach Packer Fan, Sounds like some good scores by you and JC before you guys hit the wall. Weather up here

has been wet but was able to get out and play yesterday with the NH group. After playing out of the Valley rough, playing the rough here is almost like hitting it from the short grass. Tell Bern that, in keeping with tradition, I shot

74 and lost $. Play well and regards to all.

Was fortunate to get an invite to play Friar's Head today on the north fork of Long Island. Just an absolute fantastic track and a real Coore & Crenshaw masterpiece through the sand dunes on Long Island Sound. I got the option of giving my playing partners 4 shots a side or straight up with me playing the tips..........and like the dummy that I am played it from the tips. Overall shot a very solid 38-41 -79 from what I would gather was around 7,300 yards. Some interesting points on the course are there are no yardages or handicaps on the scorecard so you have to rely heavily on your caddie to get you around the course. The guy carrying for me was just fantastic and did not give me a bad number or read all day......although I hit some poor shots anyway. Here is a quick blog on the course and I can say that the pictures do not do this place justice.

http://top100golf.blogspot.com/2008/01/friars-head.html

WITB 2024

Z Star Diamond

Hey Jax Beach Packer Fan, Sounds like some good scores by you and JC before you guys hit the wall. Weather up here

has been wet but was able to get out and play yesterday with the NH group. After playing out of the Valley rough, playing the rough here is almost like hitting it from the short grass. Tell Bern that, in keeping with tradition, I shot

74 and lost $. Play well and regards to all.

Ha! In keeping with the tradition (Bernie didn't play), I had my worst round of the year on Tuesday and was the big winner!

I choked yesterday. Had a really good round going yesterday. I was 1 under through 10 even though I bogeyed one and two. The front 9 is the hard 9 at my course and 1-2 are probably the toughest holes. Then I hit one in the water and made double. Then I made two birdies to get back to one under. Made a great par on 16 draining an 8 footer then bogeyed 17-18 to shoot 1 over. I three putted 18. Straight up gag. blink.gif It was a shame. I wanna shoot in the 60's like Roverlaugh.gif

What's in my Bag:

Still a nice round Rickles

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

I took off work early yesterday with a buddy and played a round. I shot 78. I'm not in the least upset with that, but I could have dropped 4 strokes off that score if I could only put. I shot 79 today with my brother. Again, I could have easily dropped 4-5 strokes if I could only get the ball in the hole.

I seem to just burn the edges or lip them out. You'd think sooner or later they would start to drop, but that hasn't been the case this year. Oh well, I'll just have to keep on playing I guess. :D

I took off work early yesterday with a buddy and played a round. I shot 78. I'm not in the least upset with that, but I could have dropped 4 strokes off that score if I could only put. I shot 79 today with my brother. Again, I could have easily dropped 4-5 strokes if I could only get the ball in the hole.

I seem to just burn the edges or lip them out. You'd think sooner or later they would start to drop, but that hasn't been the case this year. Oh well, I'll just have to keep on playing I guess. :D

That's the right attitude. You are overdue for them to start dropping them.

What's in my Bag:

No three putts. That's all I'm taking away from today's round. Limped my way around in 92. Same score as the last round but more issues off the tee than I'd care to admit. Just gonna have to hit the range this week Nd dig a few outta the dirt. Amazing how a couple weeks of rain can kill ya. Granted the last round I could t do wrong from the tee or 150 out but the putter told me to go to hell. Think it felt bad for me this round. Lol. Back after it tomorrow.

In Nick's Ogio Edge Stand Bag
Driver: Taylormade Rocketballz 9.5* Aldila Rip'd NV Stiff
Fairway: Tour Edge CB4 15* Rip Gamma Stiff
Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro A12 18* KBS Tour X
Irons: Mizuno MP-53 3-PW DG X100
Wedges: Mizuno MP R-12 52* & 56* DG Spinner
Putter: Taylormade Ghost Spider Si 38"