Testers Wanted! AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

Took a lesson on Saturday and then played Metrowest on Sunday:

10/14 FWY

8/18 GIR

29 putts

39-36=75 (+3)

Metrowest really screws me up because they have some odd angles to hit off the tee and for the first 6 holes I hit it worse than I have in the last 2 months.  Had some issues with a low, tumbling draw.  Finally fixed those on #13.  Hit a lot of good irons shots, but my driving was so bad early on that I couldn't hit it very well.  Did hit the driver great off the deck.  Booming one to 20 yards from the green on #7, then a nice one off the deck on #10 and #14.  Putted the best I've putted in a couple of months, so the lesson helped there.

3JACK

Author of Pro Golf Synopsis. The Moneyball approach to golf strategy and analysis.Driver: Wishon 919THI, 10° loft, UST Mamiya VTS Red 7x, 44-3/8” long, 2,825 kg/cm^2 MOIGONZO WOOD: confidential2-Hybrid: Mizuno Fli-HiCLK, 17° loft, 40-7/8" KBS Tour Hybrid shaft (stiff)3-Hybrid: Mizuno Fli-HiCLK, 20° loft, 40" KBS Tour Hybrid shaft (stiff)4-6 iron: Wishon 575MMC (CB)7-PW: Wishon 575MMC (MB)SW: Edel Golf driver grind, 52° loft, 16° bounce, Nippon WV 125 shaft.LW: Edel Golf Digger Grind, 60° loft, 27° bounce, Nippon WV 125 ShaftPutter: Edel Golf Columbia Custom Made, 35" long, 72° lie angle, 3° loft. Ball: Titleist Pro V1xGrips: PURE Grips P2 Wrap (red)Shoes: FootJoy Dry-Joy (black, size 14)3Jack's Golf Blog - http://3jack.blogspot.com

Erm so new handicap is 6 - was aiming for 8 this season! Been a good month.

Wow, going to really have to practice to play to that consistently!

Rest in peace long sticks - I'll remember you

TM Burner Superfast 2.0 TP Regular

TM RBZ Stage 2 Fairway 14.5 stiff

Adams Blue Hybrid No. 3 stiff

Adams Super xtdHybrid 21.5 Stiff

Ping G30 4 and 5 Iron - Regular CFS Shaft

Ping i25 6 - PW Regular CFS Shaft

TM Y Groove Gap Wedge

Cleveland CG10 Sand Wedge

PingTR Piper Putter, adjustable shaft, SuperStroke Fatso

Titleist StaDry Cart Bag

Motocaddy S3 Pro Trolley

Foot Joy City, Adidas Boost Boa and Adidas Superstar shoes

Pro V1x in the summer, Titleist Velocity in the winter.

• 3 weeks later...

Played Saturday on a soggy course (been raining for a week plus now). Played fairly well. Greens were slow due to being too wet to really cut, but I putted well still. I'm getting the 2-ball dialed in. Had 28 putts that I'm pleased with. Also chipped well with the wedges I built for this time of year (did a Santoku grind to reduce turf interaction). I also have been practicing and using Phil's hinge and hold method for chipping and I'm getting chips in tight now. Had to carry lots of them to the pin or close to it because of conditions and that chipping style works well for me. Shot 80 and I'm not displeased because of the conditions.

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

• 2 weeks later...

Got out on Thanksgiving for some free golf and shot my best round since returning to the game in April, an 88 which included 2 blow up holes and 2 very nice birdies as well as 4 other looks at bird that settled for pars. The 2 brain fart holes killed what could have been a career round. No complaints as I found some missing pieces during the rounds and hopefully can get my back well enough to get back out and bring the scores down even more.

Taylormade R5 Dual TP 9.5* Aldila Voodoo SVS7

Taylormade V Steel 15* Accra M4 Dymatch 

Titleist 909H 17* Aldila Voodoo

Taylormade V Steel 18* S300

Wilson DXI 25* Aldila Voodoo SVS8

Taylormade 2003 Rac CB 5-PW S300

Cleveland Tour Issue 588 54* Tour Zip Grooves PX 6.5 Flighted

Fourteen MT 28 V5 TS 62* DG 

C&L 355g Beached 34"

Got out on Thanksgiving for some free golf and shot my best round since returning to the game in April, an 88 which included 2 blow up holes and 2 very nice birdies as well as 4 other looks at bird that settled for pars. The 2 brain fart holes killed what could have been a career round. No complaints as I found some missing pieces during the rounds and hopefully can get my back well enough to get back out and bring the scores down even more.

Glad you are getting out and glad to have you on the site.

:ping-small: G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small: G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small: G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:ping-small: G425 4H on :kbs: TGH 80S 

:ping-small: i525 5-U on :kbs: TGI 90S 

:titleist-small: SM8 54 & 60 on :kbs: Wedge 

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

Effing awesome... Shoot my worst score of the year in a light drizzle and lose my Scotty 4 leaf clovers clip pivot tool.

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

Nice day

29 putts

I switched to the "claw" putting, and it's really working well for me. Iron play coming back too. Love, love, love the mp 64's.

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

Haven't played in a month and shot 77 today on a new course. Very nice layout. If I had putted a bit better it could have been a really nice round. I hit 14 fairways and both misses were from not knowing the course. Neither left me in trouble. Played with a guy from Ohio who couldn't seem to grasp the fact that the ball doesn't go as far here. Also he said he hits it around 300. That's good because it means I hit it 300 plus. :)

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Played at a very nice country club with some nice ocean views. Some family friends invited me and my dad over. I shot 82 (+12) which was good for me for not practicing and playing that much. I also played with my Bullseye putter for the first time and that will stay in the bag for now. The only complaint about that course was all of the goose crap everywhere.

Played New Years day and walked 36 with new irons in tow. Didn't score particularly well (94/99) but had a ton of positives which easily cancelled out the negatives that cost me the inflated scores. Hit a lot more greens in the second round (99) but was getting yippy with short puts and easily cost me 10 strokes on that round. Fairway wood and hybrid play came back around in a serious way. Jury is still out on the irons as they need another round for a true comparison. Slow play did not help matter either had a really nice rhythm going off each tee but hard to maintain when the group in front has to hit 3-5 shots before they are out of your range and I am a real short hitter. 

C&L 355g Beached 34"

Played Saturday with my Dad right before he had to go home on Sunday. My Handicap has been trending up. I've been shooting a lot of 75-78's lately. However I had a very solid day going and through 17 holes I was even par with one birdie and one bogie. The last hole at my club is a par 5 so I was hoping to make birdie and shoot my first under par round in a few months. I got on in two and had a slippery down hill 30 footer. My Dad knocked it close in three. He was impatient and while our third was walking to his chip he went ahead and putted and made his birdie. My Dad is a pretty solid 12 and If he'd have beat or tied me on the last hole I would have heard about it until the next time we played so I said "well I guess I'll just have to make this for eagle because I've got to beat the old man!" I made the putt and finished with eagle to shoot -2. The only problem is I think I broke my Dad's heart a little. I really think he was happy for me because I had shot a couple 78's the other times we played and I think he was rooting for me. Dads are great like that. The only thing better than playing with your Dad is playing with your Dad and both of you playing well.

It's all about the short game, unless you can't keep it in play!

What's in my Bag:
Driver: Adams Speedline Super LS 10.5 with Excalibur T7+ tour stiff shaft
3 Wood: Adams Speedline Super LS 13 degree with Excalibur TFW Tour stiff shaft
Hybrid: Nickent 6DT 19 degree Aldilla Voodoo NV Stiff shaft
Irons: 4-9 KZG Tour Evolution with Nippon N.S. Pro Modus 3 tour 120 x flex shafts
Wedges:49 degree Dave Pelz wedge with a Nippon N.S. Pro Modus tour 120 x flex shaft. 54,64 Dave Pelz wedges with Rifle spinner shafts 59 Degree Scor wedge with rifle spinner shaft.
Putter: Bentinardi Ben Hogan Big Ben Center shafted 33 inches with best grips custom pistol putter grip.

Ball: Titleist Pro V1X, Callaway Hex Chrome +

Shot 74 in the last money game of the season today. Putter was very very good to me. Tough day lots of contrary wind and tees way back tough pins. Was low man. I'm happy.

Reading that made me happy as I just got the call that my school and my sons school were both closed tomorrow because of snow which is goin to reach almost a foot....what the hell am I doing here :). Nice round though buddy especially in the wind

Twitter @angrygolfhulk

Instagram angrygolfhulkDriver-Callaway Razr Fit 9.5* Stiff3 Wood-Taylormade R9 15* StiffHybrids 3,4,5 Rocketballz RegIrons 6-Gap Rocketballz RegSW-Cobra Trusty Rusty 55*LW-Taylormade Rac Black 60*Putter-Odyssey Sabertooth 33"Back up irons-Taylormade Rac Muscleback Forged 5-GW Rifle Shafts 6.0

Got in a quick nine at my home course. 41 (+5), not bad but my putting killed me. 24 putts is unacceptable so I need to get in more putting practice. Hitting has been good and I only missed 1 green which is very good for me. I'll also take this score because my hand was hurting pretty bad by hole 4 and it's pretty much done for now.

It was the first hole of my biggest national junior tournament of the summer called Bobby Bowers.  It is a U.S. Amatuer style format where everyone plays one round of stroke play, and then if you play well enough, you will get into the match play portion of the tournament.  Anyway, I walk up to the first tee of the tournament.  It is the hardest and longest hole on the course.  It is 420 yards, and the uphill green is protected by water.  As nervous as I am, I walk up to the tee and I stripe my drive 260 yards with a perfect high draw right down the middle which left me 160 to the pin.  Because it was uphill, I pulled out my 6 iron, and decided to play just my normal, soft, draw.  I get up to the ball, and I am still very nervous because it is the first hole of the tournament.  After my normal practice routine, I hit the ball.  I hit it perfectly with my natural draw.  It takes one bounce, and then rolls into the whole.  What a way to start my tournament.  I ended up shooting a so-so 78, and end up as the 8 seed.  I win my first match play match one up on 18, and then I lost to the one seed the next day.

Later in the summer, I got my first hole in one.  It was in a charity scramble at my home course tpc potomac at avenel farm.  Hole fourteen is a driveable par four.  It is 265 yards with water running just right of the fairway.  If you aim straight at the green, the ball will roll back down into a collection area, and maybe into the creek.  I was the first to go in the scramble, and I aimed down the left fringe.  As soon as I hit the ball, I knew this one was going to be perfect. As soon as I saw the ball rolling down the left fringe, I turned around and picked up my tee, knowing this ball was going to be on the green.  As I turned around to see where the ball ended up, I saw it start to curl to the right, right at the hole.  And then I heard the ball hit the flagstick, and I did not see it rolling anymore.  As soon as I got up to the green, I ran to check the hole, and the ball was in there.  My group shot a 10 under 60, and ended up getting third overall.

Driver:  Taylormade 2017 M2 9.5 degree head played at 8 degrees.  Fujikura speeder evolution tour spec x flex shaft tipped 1/4 inch.  

3-Wood: 15 degree M2 tour.  Fujikura pro 73 tour spec X flex shaft.  

Mizuno H5 2 iron.

4 iron: mizuno mp h4 4 iron dynamic gold s300

5-pw iron: mizuno mp 54 dynamic gold s300

52, 56, 60 wedges: cleveland 588 rotex cavity

putter: 34 inch nike method 00 half circle mallet putter

Played super lousy today, but had an interesting round. It was about 50 degrees, but snow was still everywhere and the tee boxes were frozen. Here's a couple pics of the day. The first one is the putting green, and the second is my playing partner who got tired of trying to hammer a tee into the ground.

image.jpg

image.jpg

There is no spoon.

WITB
TaylorMade M3
Callaway Diablo 15°
Callaway Diablo 18°
Callaway Steelhead XR Pro 4-W
Mizuno TP-4 50, 54, 58
TaylorMade Rossa Monza Spyder

Played super lousy today, but had an interesting round. It was about 50 degrees, but snow was still everywhere and the tee boxes were frozen. Here's a couple pics of the day. The first one is the putting green, and the second is my playing partner who got tired of trying to hammer a tee into the ground.

The question is.......are you ready for Tuesday?

Played yesterday and today. Shot 79,76. It was cold, cold,cold today. Temps in high 40s with a 15 to 20 mph wind. Had a great couple of days with some good friends. Hit some good shots, some not so good as well. Holed a few putts today. Yesterday's 79 included a triple on 18.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

The question is.......are you ready for Tuesday?

I may not be ready to play well, but I'm ready to have a good time! Breaking 80 will be a moral victory.

There is no spoon.

WITB
TaylorMade M3
Callaway Diablo 15°
Callaway Diablo 18°
Callaway Steelhead XR Pro 4-W
Mizuno TP-4 50, 54, 58
TaylorMade Rossa Monza Spyder

Played yesterday (70 degrees- felt like May, not January), and with the exception of the first hole struck the ball well. Just couldn't translate that into good scoring. Ho hum. Back to the putting green.

PING i20 8.5*, TFC707D (S)
Callaway RAZR Fit 15*, neutral setting, stock shaft (S)
PING i20 20*, TFC707H (S)
Adams Pro a12 23*, Matrix Ozik Altus (S)
PING i20 5-PW, TT DG S300, 1.5* flat (purple dot)
SCOR 50*,54*,58*, Genius 12 KBS Tour (S), 1.5* flat, -1/4"
STX xForm 3, 35"

I am rehabbing my left elbow from a bout of tendinitis that started last summer and I live in Northern NM (cold winters) so I haven't played since Oct. last year. Yesterday I played 7 hole after work and had an interesting round. I made 1 triple, 1 bogey, 1 par, 2 birdies, and 2 eagles. 2 under through 7 in my first round of the year with a sore elbow makes me excited for this year. My best round ever is -2 70 which I did 3 times last year so I am hoping to break into the 60's this year. It will probably depend on my elbow. 

• 2 weeks later...

Had almost a month off due to a lumbar fusion for my wife. The 2 rounds prior to this procedure I had finally began to once again find my fairway and hybrid swing and had it pretty much grooved, as well as the irons and putter. Fast forward to now I pretty much feel that if I were playing for s*** I would not get even a sniff. I have even been having serious thoughts of once again shelving the game as it is getting really frustrating to be on the verge of playing to my true ability only to lose it all and revert back to hacker status. We will see what happens I guess a friend has made me commit to seeing it through until fall and making my final decision from there.

C&L 355g Beached 34"

EJ I see where you are coming from, it sucks to lose progress when it's something out of your control such as an injury. But it's better to get back up and move on rather than quit. This setback will make you work harder if you really want your skill back to where it was. Plus, a month isn't too bad, you will get back to where you were within no time with dedication and good practice.

Sometimes I actually find breaks like that to be beneficial, for me it basically frees up my mind and expectations and a lot of the time I play better because of it. I too took a good lengthy break from the game for 3-4 years while I was finishing school and starting uni which was caused by a shoulder injury and being burnt out. For a long time I hated the sport and then it slowly started coming back and I eventually picked the clubs back up and was just happy to be out there playing again not worrying about my swing or the score and pretty much went straight back to where I was skill wise.

Instead of thinking of it as a set back you have to fight against, you can try thinking of it as a mental reboot while your away and let the love of it drag you back and let it free up your mind of expectations :)

Driver: Titleist 907 D2 7.5* Aldila VS Proto Shaft 65 X

Fairway Woods: Titleist 980F 19* Pro Trajectory stock Titleist 4375 R shaft (desperately need to replace)

Irons: Taylormade LT2's 3-PW S300 dynamic golds

Sand Wedge: Vokey 56* 256 10 Oil can 8620 finish True temper shaft

Lob Wedge: Shark 64* wedge True temper shaft

Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Style Newport 2 blade, 303 GSS Insert, 35'' 330g 4*L 71*L

Ball: Pro VI

Thanks gents for the pearls of wisdom and the solid reinforcement to continue on. It may just be this unrelenting winter getting the better of me as well. I am used o having at least 1 mild day near 50 during the winter each week to play or practice in. The other frustrating thing is not so much the blow up holes or the crappy swings as much as it has been the letdowns I am experiencing with the putter these days. I have begun to hit a good number of greens in regulation only to see my 3 putt levels rise to brain nullifying levels. Regardless though I appreciate the kind words and solid reinforcement and will await the nicer weather to come and steer this ship in the right direction.

C&L 355g Beached 34"

• 2 weeks later...

Played yesterday with the Ping i20s in the bag for the first time. The 80 doesn't sound very good but inside the number was a 5 week layoff, a course with a slope of 144 and a snowman. After I got past the first couple of holes and settled in I hit the irons fine. Hit 9 greens on a very windy day. The snow man came off a blocked drive into the woods on number 2. I was never able to get back into position from there. Had to pitch out back 40 yards still had no look at the green and really no good layup. Should have bumped it down the fairway to 120 hit it on the front of the green and made double but instead tried to cut a four hybrid over the cross bunker so I could pitch up. Instead hooked it over the bunker into more trees hit a tree with the next shot. You know how the strokes add up.

Bottom line liked the irons, hit them fine, drove it great. Also played the B330 but I will refrain from commenting here.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Last three rounds: 87, 98 and yesterday's 84.  Joys of a high handicapper (up to 18 now).  Not lovin' the days that they double cut the over seeded rye grass greens.  No friction whatsoever, the ball does not stop.  Putted well I felt, but four 3 putt greens, and on all but one of them, the first putt was hit exactly the way I wanted to.  

Nonchalant putts count the same as chalant putts.

In my Ogio Ozone XX Cart Stand Bag:

Ping G400 10.5 Deg Driver, stock Stiff shaft
TM Rocketballz 19 Deg 5 Wood, stock Matrix Osik Stiff shaft
TM Rocketballz Stage 2 21 Deg Tour 4 Hybrid, Rocketfuel 80h Stiff shaft 

Callaway Apex CF 16 Irons, 4-P, Stiff Shafts

Scor 48 and 55 degree wedges.  
Renegar 60 Deg Steel Shaft Lob Wedge

TM Ghost Spider Si 38" Counterbalanced Putter

So we had our epic match today. Had a great time with Foz, Jax and Rookie who hits it a mile. We have to get him a JBones together.

Let's just say that none of us played to our handicap and yet the score separation between us was about what you'd expect given our handicaps. The par 3s on this course were killers. Everyone was 190 plus into a 15 mph wind.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

That sounds like a great time.

My rounds lately have included more 3-putts than I care to think about. I've been striking the ball reasonably well but my putting- specifically speed control- has just been abysmal. Sheesh.

PING i20 8.5*, TFC707D (S)
Callaway RAZR Fit 15*, neutral setting, stock shaft (S)
PING i20 20*, TFC707H (S)
Adams Pro a12 23*, Matrix Ozik Altus (S)
PING i20 5-PW, TT DG S300, 1.5* flat (purple dot)
SCOR 50*,54*,58*, Genius 12 KBS Tour (S), 1.5* flat, -1/4"
STX xForm 3, 35"