TESTERS WANTED! ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

I experienced the dehydration dizziness earlier this year. It's no fun and there is no coming back once you start to swoon. I drank lots of water all day, but it was in the desert starting at 11:15. By the 15th hole, we were charbroiled with no hope.

Did something today that I'd never done on a course before. Had nine 4's on the front nine. Had 7 more on the back, broken up by one 5 and a 3. The five that broke the streak came on the easiest hole on the course.

bag - SunMountain Synch with Ogio Synergy X4 cart
driver - :callaway-small: Optiforce 440, Paderson Kevlar Green stiff 46.5"
fwoods - :taylormade-small: Jetspeed, 3HL regular
irons - :taylormade-small:  Speedblades 3-8, 85g stiff steel, 2 up
wedges - :edilon-small: Scor 40, 45, 50, 54, 58
putter - :ping-small: Ketsch 35" slight arc, SuperStroke 2.0 mid-slim
ball - :titelist-small: ProV1x

I experienced the dehydration dizziness earlier this year. It's no fun and there is no coming back once you start to swoon. I drank lots of water all day, but it was in the desert starting at 11:15. By the 15th hole, we were charbroiled with no hope.

Did something today that I'd never done on a course before. Had nine 4's on the front nine. Had 7 more on the back, broken up by one 5 and a 3. The five that broke the streak came on the easiest hole on the course.

And that is always the way of it. Nice round still. To JPC just hang in there, what seems impossible today will be easy peesy soon enough oh and then in about 30 years you won't be able to do it anymore but you'll have figured out a different way to work your way around the course.

To Foz I'd go for dehydration as the explanation for your dizziness also but why take chances. What if it's your heart or something going wrong chemically? Go see your doctor. We have too many future rounds to play at fun places.

I have a rough two step, funeral today and tomorrow but finally a vacation after that. Six rounds of gold scheduled over the next week and a half starting after tomorrow funeral. I whipped mentally that I'm concerned about pulling a Korda at one of these funerals.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

I played like a wounded duck...less said the better.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Played my worst round of the year on Saturday morning with an 80.  For the life of me could not find a fairway off the tee regardless of the club that I hit and having 15 footers to save par on every other hole was just bad news.  To make matters worse I cracked the face of my driver with my tee ball on 17 and now in the market for a new driver if my backup does not work out for me.  Here is to hoping that the FT Optiforce plays as well as advertised.

WITB 2024

Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60g 6.5

M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Sim Ti 22* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Sim2 Rescue 22* Diamana Thump 100x

X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Z Star Diamond

On the subject of the Opti, I'm sticking with it after seriously testing a SLDR for about 3 weeks.   It was a close call, but in the end I had to ask myself, "If you've got it all on the line on one tee box, what stick do you want to pull?"  I found myself reaching for the Opti. 

I used it alone on Sunday, no SLDR.  I hit only 5 of 10 fairways, but the misses were all in play and longer than I'd come to expect from my SLDR trials.  It really came down to feel, I think.   SLDR never felt good even when nutted, Opti always feels good even when hooked or sliced.   And when nutted it has given me my longest drives period.   I think there might be something to the VERY slight swingspeed boost I can get with it.   For this reason, I'm anxious to try the G30 to see if I can find another slight boost from the turbulators.

And that is always the way of it. Nice round still. To JPC just hang in there, what seems impossible today will be easy peesy soon enough oh and then in about 30 years you won't be able to do it anymore but you'll have figured out a different way to work your way around the course.

To Foz I'd go for dehydration as the explanation for your dizziness also but why take chances. What if it's your heart or something going wrong chemically? Go see your doctor. We have too many future rounds to play at fun places.

I have a rough two step, funeral today and tomorrow but finally a vacation after that. Six rounds of gold scheduled over the next week and a half starting after tomorrow funeral. I whipped mentally that I'm concerned about pulling a Korda at one of these funerals.

I woke up with the dizziness and nausea.....have been hydrating constantly with good ole H2O.....two days later and I am still feeling it. Dr said to take Meclizine (on OTC med) and hydrate.

This is now day 3 of the dizziness.  I do not like this at all.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

On the subject of the Opti, I'm sticking with it after seriously testing a SLDR for about 3 weeks.   It was a close call, but in the end I had to ask myself, "If you've got it all on the line on one tee box, what stick do you want to pull?"  I found myself reaching for the Opti. 

I used it alone on Sunday, no SLDR.  I hit only 5 of 10 fairways, but the misses were all in play and longer than I'd come to expect from my SLDR trials.  It really came down to feel, I think.   SLDR never felt good even when nutted, Opti always feels good even when hooked or sliced.   And when nutted it has given me my longest drives period.   I think there might be something to the VERY slight swingspeed boost I can get with it.   For this reason, I'm anxious to try the G30 to see if I can find another slight boost from the turbulators.

I am just brutal on drivers and when I buy anything composite I usually just have to resolve myself to the fact that it will last a year at best.  I picked up the Optiforce on a whim and have yet to hit it outside of the simulator, but can say that I liked the spin numbers with it in the few swings I made with it.  Hopefully it works out and gets me through the end of the year.

WITB 2024

Z Star Diamond

I woke up with the dizziness and nausea.....have been hydrating constantly with good ole H2O.....two days later and I am still feeling it. Dr said to take Meclizine (on OTC med) and hydrate.

This is now day 3 of the dizziness.  I do not like this at all.

After my heatstroke/hydration episode, I was migrainey and weak the whole next day.  I had to cancel my follow-up round plans.   It wiped me out.

I am just brutal on drivers and when I buy anything composite I usually just have to resolve myself to the fact that it will last a year at best.  I picked up the Optiforce on a whim and have yet to hit it outside of the simulator, but can say that I liked the spin numbers with it in the few swings I made with it.  Hopefully it works out and gets me through the end of the year.

I had NO intentions of playing the Optiforce when I came to it.   I only courtesy tested it because I was trying to try all the clubs that season.   It stunned me.  I started with the 460, but it had too much loft, the 440 felt virtually the same but lower and more controllable.

So here I am about 9 months later, still using what my playing partners call an old man's band-aid driver that even Callaway dropped after 4 months.  The problem is that it has simply bested everything else that I've tried against it.   I wanted to replace it with a BB, but I tried them both and got lousy results in both distance and forgiveness.   I'm not surprised that they aren't selling well for Callaway.  

I'm not a big hitter.   My SS is 105 to 108, but with the Opti it seems to get closer to the 108 more often than the 105.   Maybe something will beat it, but maybe it just does what it was advertised to do -- boost a slow swinger's speed by a couple of tics.

During our recent Buddy Trip to kissimee last month, one of the guys broke the shaft of his Burner.  The Pro Shop sold him an Optiforce for $150.   He is very satisfied with it.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

In a tournament with a us am format, except the match play qualifier is 18 holes, I shot 84 over two days.  We played through crazy rain where you could not see anything but rain.  I had a nine and a seven on the two par fives on the front nine (my second nine) at woodmont cc.  I somehow made the cut as an 8 seed (16 people made the cut in my age group) because everyone blew up during the rain.  I had to show up at 6:30 am to finish my round from yesterday.  It was ridiculous.  

Later today, I beat the nine seed two up on 18.  They put our age group at 6800 yards.  In match play, everyone was shooting around par because there were better conditions.  I almost choked though, I was 3 up through 14, but then he won 15 and 16, but I haved 17 and won 18 with a birdie to close it out.  It sure helps when you hit the ball 50 yards past your playing partner in match play :)

Tomorrow, I will have to play the 16 seed who killed the one seed, and then hopefully play another match in the afternoon.

Driver:  Taylormade 2017 M2 9.5 degree head played at 8 degrees.  Fujikura speeder evolution tour spec x flex shaft tipped 1/4 inch.  

3-Wood: 15 degree M2 tour.  Fujikura pro 73 tour spec X flex shaft.  

Mizuno H5 2 iron.

4 iron: mizuno mp h4 4 iron dynamic gold s300

5-pw iron: mizuno mp 54 dynamic gold s300

52, 56, 60 wedges: cleveland 588 rotex cavity

putter: 34 inch nike method 00 half circle mallet putter

I'd recommend some lessons instead. :)

We were playing 2 man best ball, so I picked up a lot on the front nine, if I would have played each hole out, I think I would have scored somewhere around 60. Then I followed that up with 39 on the back nine. I think the majority of the issues I was having was between the ears, to much thinking out there, just need to get out of my own way.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

During our recent Buddy Trip to kissimee last month, one of the guys broke the shaft of his Burner.  The Pro Shop sold him an Optiforce for $150.   He is very satisfied with it.

Hit it last night on the range with the Trackman setup and was surprised that the numbers were actually better than my RazrFit Xtreme.  Spin numbers were around 1850 with a 15.6 average launch angle on average.  The ball seems to just fly off the face and stay in the air forever....so it will be in my bag for the tournament I am playing this afternoon.

WITB 2024

Z Star Diamond

Well I lost this morning in the quaterfinals 4 and 3.  I was really tired and I only hit 3 fairways through 15 holes.  My opponent drained a 30 footer to win for birdie.

Driver:  Taylormade 2017 M2 9.5 degree head played at 8 degrees.  Fujikura speeder evolution tour spec x flex shaft tipped 1/4 inch.  

Mizuno H5 2 iron.

Well I lost this morning in the quaterfinals 4 and 3.  I was really tired and I only hit 3 fairways through 15 holes.  My opponent drained a 30 footer to win for birdie.

Unlucky with your loss mate.

I won't be playing this weekend as I'll be heading up to Mt Buller this weekend with my girlfriend for the seasons first snowboarding trip, can't wait!

Driver: Titleist 907 D2 7.5* Aldila VS Proto Shaft 65 X

Fairway Woods: Titleist 980F 19* Pro Trajectory stock Titleist 4375 R shaft (desperately need to replace)

Irons: Taylormade LT2's 3-PW S300 dynamic golds

Sand Wedge: Vokey 56* 256 10 Oil can 8620 finish True temper shaft

Lob Wedge: Shark 64* wedge True temper shaft

Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Style Newport 2 blade, 303 GSS Insert, 35'' 330g 4*L 71*L

Ball: Pro VI

Played a four man scramble today with only three people and still managed to win with -14 for a 58. Played at Eisenhower GC and have been told it is somewhere that I had to play. Really was not impressed with the layout or the conditions so I consider this the only round I will play here until next year at this time. Hit the driver very well and putted lights out for the first 12 holes until the magic ran out.

Correction: We lost by two when a group of 18 handicaps "posted" 56. Amazing how high handicap players become scratch when paired together?

WITB 2024

Z Star Diamond

Played in my normal group yesterday and shot one over 73 with three doubles. Did a great job of turning 69 into 73 in a three hole stretch; one of the doubles was on the easiest hole on the darn course. Lots to work on at the range today.

WITB 2024

Z Star Diamond

Shot an 80 yesterday in the rain. Wasnt displeased with it at all as I hit the ball better than I have in a while just misjudged some shots/putts due to wet conditions. I'm gonna have to talk to LaMont though. Every time I've taken the putter out except 1 it's rained lol. I did focus on keeping it in play off the tee and only hit driver 3 times on par 4's and 5's. The rest was hybrids or fairway woods and I've been killing the TS SLDR off the tee. Outdrove my playing partners all day with a 3 wood by playing it a little back in the stance and hitting a hard draw that was flighted lower with it. They kept telling me there's no reason I need to ever hit driver on that course with the exception of a few holes. I reached all 3 of the 4 par 5's in 2 even hitting 3 wood off the tee.

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

Trying to play thru the Vertigo....

Saturday....44/48=92

Sunday.....41/48=89

I'm okay on the front nine....but when it comes to the back, I seem to lose my balance and can't get off the tee decent.  With the summer Rough in full swing, my second shot is then getting out of the rough...I was hitting my drive on the bottom edge of my driver, causing the ball to go straight, but not making the fairway......very disappointing....I am not sure why I can play nine great then blow up on the back side.  I know part of it is my Vertigo problem, but I should be able to adjust. :(  :(

Played late afternoon yesterday and I shot a 36, plus one.  I realized something funny when I was reviewing my round.  I hit 0 fairways.  I guess my misses have been tighter, and I did not have any 50 yard snap hooks.  My best drive was actually in the water.  I have been working on working the ball to the right, and I was able to hit a 20 yard cut around the tree with my driver on hole 7 which is a dogleg right.  I need to stop playing golf for 10 days because my handicap is about to drop 2 points this summer from I 5.7 to a 3.6.  I guess playing every day really helps you.

Mizuno H5 2 iron.

Shot a 41/43, 84 with 1 Birdie and 2 Double Bogeys. Played at Babe Zaharias GC in Tampa. Paid $10 to get in the game and won $12 for my Birdie.... But best of all was my Driver performance. I was able to put it down the middle all day....with 200-220 yard drives.

All in all, it was a great day. Golf in the morning followed by my Grandsons football practice in late afternoon.

Shot a 41/43, 84 with 1 Birdie and 2 Double Bogeys. Played at Babe Zaharias GC in Tampa. Paid $10 to get in the game and won $12 for my Birdie.... But best of all was my Driver performance. I was able to put it down the middle all day....with 200-220 yard drives.

All in all, it was a great day. Golf in the morning followed by my Grandsons football practice in late afternoon.

No vertigo issues this time around?

Driver:   :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 12 Degree

Wood: :callaway-small:  GBB 3 Wood
Hybrid: :callaway-small: Razr 4 hybriid stiff stock shaft.
Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright
Wedges: :vokey-small: 52° 56° and 60°.
All grips are Golf pride grips midsized
Putter (lefty):  Odyssey Metal-X #8 34", stock shaft bent 2° Superstroke grip
Golf Balls:   :titelist-small: 2018-9 Pro-V1x and Prov1s
Shoes:  :footjoy-small:  Dryjoy tours

Had a great round today for my first nine under par shooting a 2 under 33 and followed it up with a 42 for a 75.  It is my low of the my life.  I squandered a even better round on the back.  Three doubles hurt me on the back with good shots landing in bad places.  Extremely happy with how i played and hope to carry it all over to the next round.

Bag: :ping-small:  Hoofer Vantage

Driver: :ping-small:  G25 10.5 Aldila NV 65 S

3 Wood:   :cobra-small:  Fly Z+ 3 Wood 13.5*

Rescue: :adams-small:  XTD ti 18* set to 17* or  :adams-small: Pro 23* 

Irons: :callaway-small:  Apex Pro 4-PW, KBS Tour S, Standard Length and Loft, 2* flat, 

Wedges: :callaway-small: Mack Daddy 2 50* bent to 51*, KBS Tour S

:vokey-small: Spin Milled 56* bent to 55*

:callaway-small: Mack Daddy 2 60* U grind KBS Tour S

Putter: :cameron-small: Futura X5 MOTO

Grips: PURE DTX Green

Shot 77 with three doubles, an eagle on 5, and two birdies.  If my short game was halfway decent on 4 holes today, I would have shot a 73, but I am happy with the way I was hitting the ball.  I eagled 5 with a 3 wood and then a smooth 52 into the wind that took one bounce and dropped in the hole.  It was sweet!

Mizuno H5 2 iron.

Had an interesting round today at a brand new course. I just recently moved to the desert, so one the courses are a lot rougher shape than what I'm used to for this time of the year being from the northeast. The greens were in terrible shape too. Anyway started double bogey, birdie, 3 putt bogey, par, par, par, triple, bogey bogey par. Only played 10 holes but yeah, everything was going great for a few holes and then the wheels fell off. I actually hit two Hanks in a a row on one hole... That was a killer. Going to play tomorrow with my new coworker. 

Driver:   :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 12 Degree

Wood: :callaway-small:  GBB 3 Wood
Hybrid: :callaway-small: Razr 4 hybriid stiff stock shaft.
Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright
Wedges: :vokey-small: 52° 56° and 60°.
All grips are Golf pride grips midsized
Putter (lefty):  Odyssey Metal-X #8 34", stock shaft bent 2° Superstroke grip
Golf Balls:   :titelist-small: 2018-9 Pro-V1x and Prov1s
Shoes:  :footjoy-small:  Dryjoy tours

No vertigo issues this time around?

I found a Dr on the internet that developed an excercise to fix the Vertigo.....been doing it since Saturday.  I'm still getting a few dizzy spells(to remind me that it has not gone away) and yesterday I went to attach my golf glove to the handle on the cart roof(as I do not putt with my glove on) and when i looked up to attach it, the whole world started spinning around.  Luckily, I stablized before I had to putt.  The Dr is Carol Foster....if you google her, you'll find the video of the excerise. I am not over it but am able to function.

I shot 82 today, oh that's bad, no that's good it was at TPC Sawgrass with JAXbeach golfer - huge thanks to him!

We played the back nine first and I have to say I was a bit nervous. I actually settled in on the 17th tee, our 8th and played very good golf the rest of the way. Shot a 39 on the back. BTW there is no mercy set up here, we had several very familiar tournament pin placements and the rough is brutal. Fortunately I hit 10 fairways and two of my misses were in the first cut. I also hit 9 greens. I did have a couple of stupid doubles on the first nine. The one on 16 was a huge brain fart. I didn't hit a good drive and it's a weird lay up. I could have picked four different clubs to hit the shot with and I picked the dreaded 4 hybrid. I'm such a stupid.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Had an interesting round today at a brand new course. I just recently moved to the desert, so one the courses are a lot rougher shape than what I'm used to for this time of the year being from the northeast. The greens were in terrible shape too. Anyway started double bogey, birdie, 3 putt bogey, par, par, par, triple, bogey bogey par. Only played 10 holes but yeah, everything was going great for a few holes and then the wheels fell off. I actually hit two Hanks in a a row on one hole... That was a killer. Going to play tomorrow with my new coworker. 

How about some Pics?

I found a Dr on the internet that developed an excercise to fix the Vertigo.....been doing it since Saturday.  I'm still getting a few dizzy spells(to remind me that it has not gone away) and yesterday I went to attach my golf glove to the handle on the cart roof(as I do not putt with my glove on) and when i looked up to attach it, the whole world started spinning around.  Luckily, I stablized before I had to putt.  The Dr is Carol Foster....if you google her, you'll find the video of the excerise. I am not over it but am able to function.

Good to see you're making progress!

What's In the Bag

Driver - :callaway-small: GBB 

Hybrids  :cleveland-small: Halo XL Halo 18* & :cobra-small: T-Rail 20*

Irons  :cobra-small: T-Rail 2.0

Wedges :ping-small: 60* TS / SCOR 48* 53* 58*

Putter     :scotty-small:

Ball :callaway-logo-1:

Bag Datrek DG Lite