Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

I got to learn how to line up my fourth putt from the expert himself. Thanks for a great round, Barbajo.

image.jpg

There is no spoon.

WITB
TaylorMade M3
Callaway Diablo 15°
Callaway Diablo 18°
Callaway Steelhead XR Pro 4-W
Mizuno TP-4 50, 54, 58
TaylorMade Rossa Monza Spyder

I got to learn how to line up my fourth putt from the expert himself. Thank for a great round, barbajo.

LOL that's awesome

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

Shot 73 today, 12 greens, 10 fairways, 31 putts, a skin and a closest to the pin, 6 inches, it lipped out for ace, since it was in league I'm kind of glad it missed. That would have been a quick $200 tab.

Any time I can give myself a wedge it's money in the bank. Thanks MGS and SCOR!

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

I got to learn how to line up my fourth putt from the expert himself. Thanks for a great round, Barbajo.

Same back atcha HighFade!  Good times and great company -- can't wait to do it again!

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

A few more pics from 18 green today. Barbajo is a bit of a character. My wife was a great caddy and photographer.

I beat him by 8, but more accurately, he handed me 8 strokes on the back 9.

You're next, JBones!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

There is no spoon.

WITB
TaylorMade M3
Callaway Diablo 15°
Callaway Diablo 18°
Mizuno TP-4 50, 54, 58

Maybe it was 7....woulda been a lot more if I could get the ball in the damn hole. Too many 3 putts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is no spoon.

WITB
TaylorMade M3
Callaway Diablo 15°
Callaway Diablo 18°
Mizuno TP-4 50, 54, 58

Love the pics where did you guys play?

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Green Valley Ranch outside of Denver -- HIghFade picked it out - great golf course!  I mean, except for the back 9.  The back 9 sucked. :mad:

Can't wait to get back and do it again!  Mr. & Mrs. HighFade are great company to golf with, and the after round bull session was a hoot!

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Green Valley Ranch outside of Denver -- HIghFade picked it out - great golf course!  I mean, except for the back 9.  The back 9 sucked. :mad:

Can't wait to get back and do it again!  Mr. & Mrs. HighFade are great company to golf with, and the after round bull session was a hoot!

It always is with HighFade.

Dru - Owner, President & Janitor, Druware Software Designs

RH 13.1 Handicap in soggy Georgia 

WITB
* 1W 10.5* @ PXG 0211 ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff )
* 3W PXG 0211 ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff ) 
* 5W 18* Tailor-made AeroBurner ( Stock Stiff )
* 7W  Sub70 949x ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff )
* 5i-PW @ PXG 0211 ( Gen 1 )
* 52 @ Hogan Equalizer
* 56 @ Sub70 
* 60 @ Hogan Equalizer
* Carbon Ringo 1/4
* Vice Pro Plus

Riviera was awesome. There are some tricky holes there. I shot 78. I just could not get the speed right on the greens. I hit the ball pretty well, but the wind made it tough. The one kind of annoying thing is that some of the par fours play longer than some of the par fives. One is a par five, and it plays with the wind, and I had a hybrid in. I hit it in the bunker, then took two to get out, then missed the 7 foot par putt. Then on hole two which is a par four, I had a 3 wood in because it is shorter, but into the wind. It is funny because I ended up with a birdie on two, which would have been an eagle on any of the par fives. The course was in great shape, and it was a lot of fun.

Driver:  Taylormade 2017 M2 9.5 degree head played at 8 degrees.  Fujikura speeder evolution tour spec x flex shaft tipped 1/4 inch.  

3-Wood: 15 degree M2 tour.  Fujikura pro 73 tour spec X flex shaft.  

Mizuno H5 2 iron.

4 iron: mizuno mp h4 4 iron dynamic gold s300

5-pw iron: mizuno mp 54 dynamic gold s300

52, 56, 60 wedges: cleveland 588 rotex cavity

putter: 34 inch nike method 00 half circle mallet putter

Our club tournament started yesterday. I feel like I played horrible but I carded a 72 (1 over). I had two holes that killed me today. I was 5 over on these two holes and 4 under on the rest. I checked my app after the round and saw that I only had 24 putts. I don't know if I've ever had so few. I am sitting in 2nd place but I have to make up 4 shots today. I'd rather be chasing than playing with the lead.

"I'd play a ladies set of clubs if it allowed me to break par."

PING G410 LST Fujikura Pro 2.0 Tour Spec 6

Titleist 17, 19, and 21 degree 818 H2 Hybrids

Ping G700 5 - GW

Titleist Vokey SM7 54 Wedge

Titleist Vokey SM7 58 Wedge

Evenroll ER3

Snell MTB-X

Better than last week.......shot a 45/45, 90 at Pebble a Creek in Tampa.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

After a two week break from being sick I played on Saturday and shot a two over 69 that included two doubles and 2 bogeys. Managed to putt really well and came home strong with 4 birdies on the back with plenty of missed oppertunities on the front and a few still left out there on the back. Also did'nt help that one of those doubles was caused by someone playing my ball after a loose drives into the trees :S Back down to 4.6 and hopefully still dropping

Driver: Titleist 907 D2 7.5* Aldila VS Proto Shaft 65 X

Fairway Woods: Titleist 980F 19* Pro Trajectory stock Titleist 4375 R shaft (desperately need to replace)

Irons: Taylormade LT2's 3-PW S300 dynamic golds

Sand Wedge: Vokey 56* 256 10 Oil can 8620 finish True temper shaft

Lob Wedge: Shark 64* wedge True temper shaft

Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Style Newport 2 blade, 303 GSS Insert, 35'' 330g 4*L 71*L

Ball: Pro VI

Lost to my dad in our match. I give him one stroke a hole and he beat me 3 and 1. We played river ridge golf club today. We played the lakes course and it was very fun. I did not play so well, but It was fun to hit the ball around with my dad. I did not make any birdies. I stuck 2 wedges to within a foot, but that was after I either put it in the water on the drive, or going for it in 2, so they were for par.

Driver:  Taylormade 2017 M2 9.5 degree head played at 8 degrees.  Fujikura speeder evolution tour spec x flex shaft tipped 1/4 inch.  

Mizuno H5 2 iron.

I played in a 3-man scramble over the weekend and although our team didn't do very well I did win my 1st ever closest to the pin contest on a par 3.

It was a 160 yard shot, there is a small hill in the middle of the green that keeps you from being able to see the back side so I thought my shot had rolled off the back, got to the green and it's sitting there about a foot from the hole!!!

Yes I did make the tap-in birdie!

Today, I will do what others will not so that...

Tomorrow, I will do what others can not

My first decent round of the year today....it's been a slow start.  Shot 82 at a fairly difficult course from 6750 yards.  The key was no penalty shots as I switched back to the 913 driver from the SLDR.  I did sacrifice about 10-20 yards off the tee but it's pretty cool to hit shots from the fairway.  Pretty solid with the irons and putted pretty decent.  Chipping/pitching needs a little more practice to get in the 70's.  Happy overall though...

Driver: Titleist 915 D2 9.5 with Diamana Whiteboard S flex

3 wood: Titleist 915F 15*, Whiteboard S Flex

Titleist 915H 18* and 24* with Whiteboard SFlex

Irons: Mizuno JPX EZ Forged 4-PW with S300's

Wedges: Mizuno MP T4 50*, 56* with DG Spinner

Putter:MannKrafted Long Slope or Odyssey #7 Versa Metal milled or Betti Tour Stock;

Ball: Bridgestone B330 or Titleist NXT

Bag: Titleist 'Murica colored carry bag or

MyGolfSpy Tour Bag

RH, Western KY

Posted Image

Played like garbage sunday. On an hours sleep... Back 9 was much better. My putting is giving me a ton of fits right now, and it's getting to the point I missed a 2 footer for a birdie, a skin, and a good amount of cash. Such is life when a putter goes... usually it takes 2-3 weeks to get back and then I'm on fire with it for a few weeks.

Driver:   :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 12 Degree

Wood: :callaway-small:  GBB 3 Wood
Hybrid: :callaway-small: Razr 4 hybriid stiff stock shaft.
Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright
Wedges: :vokey-small: 52° 56° and 60°.
All grips are Golf pride grips midsized
Putter (lefty):  Odyssey Metal-X #8 34", stock shaft bent 2° Superstroke grip
Golf Balls:   :titelist-small: 2018-9 Pro-V1x and Prov1s
Shoes:  :footjoy-small:  Dryjoy tours

Played a round with the oldest daughter, her boyfriend and my dad.  I'm not sure that the score really mattered, but I managed an 85, including two nasty little duck hook drives (though one of them was playable). 

Sometimes though, the score simply doesn't matter.  3 generations playing together on a random monday morning? #lifeisgood

Dru - Owner, President & Janitor, Druware Software Designs

RH 13.1 Handicap in soggy Georgia 

WITB
* 1W 10.5* @ PXG 0211 ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff )
* 3W PXG 0211 ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff ) 
* 5W 18* Tailor-made AeroBurner ( Stock Stiff )
* 7W  Sub70 949x ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff )
* 5i-PW @ PXG 0211 ( Gen 1 )
* 52 @ Hogan Equalizer
* 56 @ Sub70 
* 60 @ Hogan Equalizer
* Carbon Ringo 1/4
* Vice Pro Plus

Played with Mr. Theo today and I'm not sure what I shot, 82 I think, missed way too many putts to score. Hit the ball okay, in fact I don't think I missed a fairway, hit some reasonable irons, some meh ones too, pitched and chipped pretty well but that putter....

Regardless had a great time.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Played with Mr. Theo today and I'm not sure what I shot, 82 I think, missed way too many putts to score. Hit the ball okay, in fact I don't think I missed a fairway, hit some reasonable irons, some meh ones too, pitched and chipped pretty well but that putter....

Regardless had a great time.

I shot a 108 which I was pleased with since the slope was 130. I also hit more GIR in this round than I think I have ever. It was a lot of fun to play with Rev and his son.

Also the iced scented towels at the turn were AMAZING!

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

I grabbed one after 18 too, made the drive home much more comfy. :)

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

I shot a 108 which I was pleased with since the slope was 130. I also hit more GIR in this round than I think I have ever. It was a lot of fun to play with Rev and his son.

Also the iced scented towels at the turn were AMAZING!

Sawgrass?  That is the only place I have ever gotten iced sented towels.

Driver: Titleist 915 D2 9.5 with Diamana Whiteboard S flex

3 wood: Titleist 915F 15*, Whiteboard S Flex

Titleist 915H 18* and 24* with Whiteboard SFlex

Irons: Mizuno JPX EZ Forged 4-PW with S300's

Wedges: Mizuno MP T4 50*, 56* with DG Spinner

Putter:MannKrafted Long Slope or Odyssey #7 Versa Metal milled or Betti Tour Stock;

Ball: Bridgestone B330 or Titleist NXT

Bag: Titleist 'Murica colored carry bag or

MyGolfSpy Tour Bag

RH, Western KY

Posted Image

Sawgrass? That is the only place I have ever gotten iced sented towels.

No we played Falcon's Fire but I wish I could play Sawgrass

The rough at Falcon's Fire rivaled Sawgrass. I was glad I avoided it for the most part.  Actually other than around the green I was only in it once - a layup on a Par 5 where I thought I hit a good shot but the fairway canted to the right and kicked my ball in - that was ugly.  I handled it around the green just fine because of the Sawgrass experience but in 2 1/2 to 3 inches of bermuda you need both technique and clubhead speed for full shots.  I'm out of luck on number 2.

BTW for those visiting Orlando this is a high priority play - much more interesting than the Disney courses, better value and if you come in the Winter you won't have to deal with the rough.  Plus you get the Ice Towels.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

The rough at Falcon's Fire rivaled Sawgrass. I was glad I avoided it for the most part.  Actually other than around the green I was only in it once - a layup on a Par 5 where I thought I hit a good shot but the fairway canted to the right and kicked my ball in - that was ugly.  I handled it around the green just fine because of the Sawgrass experience but in 2 1/2 to 3 inches of bermuda you need both technique and clubhead speed for full shots.  I'm out of luck on number 2.

BTW for those visiting Orlando this is a high priority play - much more interesting than the Disney courses, better value and if you come in the Winter you won't have to deal with the rough.  Plus you get the Ice Towels.

Used to live in Daytona when I went to school there. How does it rate to the St. Aug courses/ SawGrass?

I blew my chances twice to play sawgrass and it's on my to due list.

Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright

The only course I've played in Daytona is one at the LPGA headquarters and of course that was very nice.  The only course that I've played in the Jacksonville area is the Stadium course and of course that is in a different league.

All I can do is rate value, its a great value at under $50.  If it were over $50 for me as a Florida resident I doubt I'd play it. I can always play World Woods Pine Barrens which is in the top 40 of courses that you can play for under $50 so that's my point of comparison.  It's tougher than Pine Barrens because of the rough.  In fact I'd say that the rough was too extreme, we didn't have pace of play issues because it wasn't crowded but you could see how that rough would cause it.  There were several times where we drove over our ball in the rough and it took me quite some time to find the one ball that I hit in the rough even though I was on foot.  When you have to look for balls in the rough it's too high IMO - rough can be a penalty by being long enough that you can't quite control it.  Because they like to grow rough the areas around the green were heavily watered which hurt me a couple of times - I'm not as long and have to hit longer clubs into the green.  I hit a couple of great long shots that didn't chase up onto relatively flat, open, surfaces because they were heavily watered.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

I have played both Daytona CC & the LPGA Legends courses.....The LPGA course is definitely the best in the Daytona area.  I played one day for about $50 and a replay next day for $37....

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

I played Aldarra golf club with my dad and a family friend and his dad.  The course was amazing, but very tough.  It is in Washington, 30 minutes away from Seattle.  I was 3 over through 4, but I battled back to one under through fourteen, and then I messed up the tough finishing holes and shot 74.  I still have not broken par.  I have come so close so many times.  I hit the ball great, and I had 12 putts on the back nine.  The course was breathtaking, and it was in perfect shape.

Mizuno H5 2 iron.

Daytona is a a definition of a cheap municipal course IMO, except for the price which is a bit too high. Course is always in ehh, to mediocre shape. LPGA on the other hand is a gem, especially if you get out there in the summer. I once played for 25 or 35 dollars twice in a week. For the course and what it is, it was a steal. I think I liked Championship better than legends but don't quite remember which one was which. Anyway, I'm closer to TPC Scottsdale or Torrey Pines than anything in Florida right now.