TESTERS WANTED! ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

Didn't play Saturday as I went to my grandson's first tackle football game. It was a lot of fun watching the 7 yr olds run after each other.

Today, I took my oldest grandson(21) to Brooksville Country Club with some friends. I got him to tee off with his 4 iron and he had a very enjoyable day. He pushes all his drives to the right. His 4 iron was going 225. I shot a 49/44, 93. The front nine was horrible. I couldn't put two shots together. The back nine was different. I handled the three quarry holes(signature holes) at par, bogey, par. Felt pretty good. Of course the burgers and BOGO beers were great afterward. Good time with my grandson.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Daytona is a a definition of a cheap municipal course IMO, except for the price which is a bit too high. Course is always in ehh, to mediocre shape. LPGA on the other hand is a gem, especially if you get out there in the summer. I once played for 25 or 35 dollars twice in a week. For the course and what it is, it was a steal. I think I liked Championship better than legends but don't quite remember which one was which. Anyway, I'm closer to TPC Scottsdale or Torrey Pines than anything in Florida right now.

TPC Scottsdale is the worst TPC that I've played. IMO. Lots of courses in Scottsdale that are better and a better value.

I shot 75 today on a course with a rating of 73.7 and slope of 138. Our courses are really buggers right now. Lots of rough, no roll, tough to compress the ball and get anything from your irons. It's tough going and will be until October.

I was pleased with my round, hit it reasonably well and putting great.

Foz that sounds like a great day. Brooksville is a fun track although those two nines are as different as night and day. Have you every played Black Diamond Ranch?

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

TPC Scottsdale is the worst TPC that I've played. IMO. Lots of courses in Scottsdale that are better and a better value.

I shot 75 today on a course with a rating of 73.7 and slope of 138. Our courses are really buggers right now. Lots of rough, no roll, tough to compress the ball and get anything from your irons. It's tough going and will be until October.

Foz that sounds like a great day. Brooksville is a fun track although those two nines are as different as night and day. Have you every played Black Diamond Ranch?

Any recommendations... planning a trip out there soon.

Driver:   :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 12 Degree

Wood: :callaway-small:  GBB 3 Wood
Hybrid: :callaway-small: Razr 4 hybriid stiff stock shaft.
Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright
Wedges: :vokey-small: 52° 56° and 60°.
All grips are Golf pride grips midsized
Putter (lefty):  Odyssey Metal-X #8 34", stock shaft bent 2° Superstroke grip
Golf Balls:   :titelist-small: 2018-9 Pro-V1x and Prov1s
Shoes:  :footjoy-small:  Dryjoy tours

Shot a 92 at Tannenhauf in Alliance, OH. First time I've played there and have to say that I'll definitely be back. It's just a nice course.

Rain held off for the most part, except for #9 and it only drizzled, so I guess I was lucky. I played as a single because my partner is still out after having his pacemaker played with, but I managed to get around in 2.5 hours.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Any recommendations... planning a trip out there soon.

My grandson got the opportunity to play TPS Scottsdale 2 years ago.  Although it may not be the best TPC track (according to Rev), it was loads of fun for him, as he now watches the WM toueney and has fond memories......and he was not paying the tab!

Rev, no I have never played Black Diamond....Funny, we were just talking about that last night.....I believe it is a bit above my pay grade...LOL

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

My grandson got the opportunity to play TPS Scottsdale 2 years ago.  Although it may not be the best TPC track (according to Rev), it was loads of fun for him, as he now watches the WM toueney and has fond memories......and he was not paying the tab!

Rev, no I have never played Black Diamond....Funny, we were just talking about that last night.....I believe it is a bit above my pay grade...LOL

Mine too, sometimes church members throw crumbs to their pastor though.  In regards to your grandson sure it's nice to play a course that you see on TV and the worst of the TPC's is still quite good, good condition, etc.  It's like me saying I don't like the Disney courses.  In and of themselves there is nothing wrong with any of these courses they just are over priced for their area.  There are better courses at the same price point or cheaper.

We Ko Pa comes to mind in Scottsdale or just outside of Scottsdale Sportsfan, it was my favorite place ot play when I was out there and it's less expensive.  Greyhawk is the premier course, but it is pricey.  It's where all the Scottsdale tour guys hang out though which tells you something - They have a TPC and they go there.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Rev,

I agree that TPC Scottsdale is not the best TPC course, but I play it every so often when I am in the area.  The course is usually in fine shape, but some of the holes don't really suit my eye very well.  However, I did play 15-18 in one under once when I was about an 18 hcp (the same year that Tiger got his ace on 16); made my day!!

I have also played Greyhawk, Troon North, Legend Trail, both Camelback courses (Padre is the oldest and best), and the Palmer and Faldo courses at Wildfire.  I never found a bad course, just ones that suited me better.  For an inexpensive and enjoyable round of golf, I love playing at Vistal on South Mountain.  It was formally the Thunderbirds course (group that is big on the WM Phoenix Open).  They also have a short course for the First Tee.  

My wife and I are headed to Mesa in October for 10 days of golf.  Always try to find a new place to play, but go back to the fun places too!

Hope to make it out to Daytona after my wife get a new knee.  She wants to play the LPGA course.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

After all that I had going on this week my wife urged me to play golf this weekend to get some time away from the new pool that Mother Nature installed for me.  (and who knew all it took was 4 feet of water in the basement to get told to play some golf!).

Went out with some of the guys in my normal Saturday morning game and birdied 1, 3 and 6.....only to play my way back to even par after 9 holes.  Tee ball on the par 4 9th landed in the middle of the green and bounced over leading to a double after some short game adventures and a 3 putt.  Stayed even on the back with a few birds and some bogeys with some pretty good play.  Decided on 18 to try and cut my driver off the water up the left and well that did not work so well and hit a pull hook right into the middle of it.  Got up and down for bogey and shot 73....which initially I thought was 74 but my math was off and wrote down bogey on a hole that I made a par on.  Nice day out and at least got me out of bailing water for a few hours.

WITB 2024

Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60g 6.5

M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Sim Ti 22* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Sim2 Rescue 22* Diamana Thump 100x

X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Z Star Diamond

So glad you got out JMike.

I want to be clear lest I keep getting hit with it that it's not that I think TPC. Scottsdale is a good course. I went through this with the Disney Courses a few years back. The are fine as is Scottsdale. They are all over priced compared to the competition in the area.

For me it's a matter of value. There are tour courses that can be played for $50. I played TPC Scottsdale in August and had to pay $60 12 years ago. I'm sure it's well over $100 today. It can't touch TPC Tampa quality of course wise and yet I'd pay about half for TPC Tampa. If you stuck TPC Scottsdale in Sheboygan Wisconsin and still charged the same amount it would make sense because you have five other tour quality courses there and it would be the fifth out of what would be sixth in terms of cost. It would look weird with the Cactus and Desert in Wisconsin but you get the point.

BTW that's the coolest part of the TPC and the Arizona courses I've played, the desert, the Cactus, the mountains in the distance. I always enjoyed it and now I miss my Mom and Dad.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

So glad you got out JMike.

I want to be clear lest I keep getting hit with it that it's not that I think TPC. Scottsdale is a good course. I went through this with the Disney Courses a few years back. The are fine as is Scottsdale. They are all over priced compared to the competition in the area.

For me it's a matter of value. There are tour courses that can be played for $50. I played TPC Scottsdale in August and had to pay $60 12 years ago. I'm sure it's well over $100 today. It can't touch TPC Tampa quality of course wise and yet I'd pay about half for TPC Tampa. If you stuck TPC Scottsdale in Sheboygan Wisconsin and still charged the same amount it would make sense because you have five other tour quality courses there and it would be the fifth out of what would be sixth in terms of cost. It would look weird with the Cactus and Desert in Wisconsin but you get the point.

BTW that's the coolest part of the TPC and the Arizona courses I've played, the desert, the Cactus, the mountains in the distance. I always enjoyed it and now I miss my Mom and Dad.

Thanks all. My coworker loves Greyhawk so think I'm going to play that one, and probably try to find a deal on TPC just to say I played it. Just got to schedule with a friend now.

Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright

First day of high school preseason for me as I am a freshman.  We played a run down par three course, and it seemed that unless you came in really low, the balls would just bounce over the green, which is weird because the greens are really slow and soft. It was the same thing with greenside chipping, the ball would not ever check up.  I did not play so well.  I shot 2 over, and I got the second best score.  My high school time is not that good, but this year will be our best in a long time, because my freshman class has 4 people who shoot in the mid 80s or below.  It should be fun.

As for the Arizona conversation, I have played the boulders and Troon North.  Troon North was amazing, especially the monument course, and the boulders were okay.  The south course on the boulders was the best.  I am not a big fan of desert golf because if you miss the fairway, you lose your ball.

Driver:  Taylormade 2017 M2 9.5 degree head played at 8 degrees.  Fujikura speeder evolution tour spec x flex shaft tipped 1/4 inch.  

3-Wood: 15 degree M2 tour.  Fujikura pro 73 tour spec X flex shaft.  

Mizuno H5 2 iron.

4 iron: mizuno mp h4 4 iron dynamic gold s300

5-pw iron: mizuno mp 54 dynamic gold s300

52, 56, 60 wedges: cleveland 588 rotex cavity

putter: 34 inch nike method 00 half circle mallet putter

First day of high school preseason for me as I am a freshman.  We played a run down par three course, and it seemed that unless you came in really low, the balls would just bounce over the green, which is weird because the greens are really slow and soft. It was the same thing with greenside chipping, the ball would not ever check up.  I did not play so well.  I shot 2 over, and I got the second best score.  My high school time is not that good, but this year will be our best in a long time, because my freshman class has 4 people who shoot in the mid 80s or below.  It should be fun.

As for the Arizona conversation, I have played the boulders and Troon North.  Troon North was amazing, especially the monument course, and the boulders were okay.  The south course on the boulders was the best.  I am not a big fan of desert golf because if you miss the fairway, you lose your ball.

Best of luck on the season. My most frustrating times on the golf course were spent caddying for my son in his high school matches. I don't know about DC but Wisconsin did not allow caddies to give advice or coach. It was agonizing.

I played today and shot 77. The 5 iron is out and the 5 hybrid is back in starting already tonight. Oh how the tables have turned. :)

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

First day of high school preseason for me as I am a freshman.  We played a run down par three course, and it seemed that unless you came in really low, the balls would just bounce over the green, which is weird becauthe greens are really slow and soft. It was the same thing with greenside chipping, the ball would not ever check up.  I did not play so well.  I shot 2 over, and I got the second best score.  My high school time is not that good, but this year will be our best in a long time, because my freshman class has 4 people who shoot in the mid 80s or below.  It should be fun.

I played in Vegas with 2 college golfing buddies. Think I lost close to 2 dozen playing 6 rounds. I switched to a yellow ball because the sand was white. Helped a bit.

Haven't played a round since last week mostly because I haven't had an off day until yesterday. I have however hit the range a few times since. I've been working on irons and think I was playing them too far back. I went to the range and started to really smash the ball, so anxious to see if it's just the range or whether I've got some stuff figured out.

Best of luck on the season. My most frustrating times on the golf course were spent caddying for my son in his high school matches. I don't know about DC but Wisconsin did not allow caddies to give advice or coach. It was agonizing.

I played today and shot 77. The 5 iron is out and the 5 hybrid is back in starting already tonight. Oh how the tables have turned. :)

Thanks, I don't think DC even allows caddies.

Driver:  Taylormade 2017 M2 9.5 degree head played at 8 degrees.  Fujikura speeder evolution tour spec x flex shaft tipped 1/4 inch.  

Mizuno H5 2 iron.

I've got to comment on this whole thing.  If anyone here has been to a Basketball or Baseball game at any level you know that coaches are hands on - even with pros.  Why in the world can't they do it with High School golfers?  It makes no sense to me and I'd love to have someone make sense of it.

Also on desert golf I've always found that it's better to be in the desert than heavy rough - there's a chance you can get a perfectly clean play from the desert where as no good thing is going to come from trying to hit a full shot out of thick rough. 

Mountain golf or mountain desert golf where the ball goes off a cliff is another matter altogether of course. :)

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

I've got to comment on this whole thing.  If anyone here has been to a Basketball or Baseball game at any level you know that coaches are hands on - even with pros.  Why in the world can't they do it with High School golfers?  It makes no sense to me and I'd love to have someone make sense of it.

Also on desert golf I've always found that it's better to be in the desert than heavy rough - there's a chance you can get a perfectly clean play from the desert where as no good thing is going to come from trying to hit a full shot out of thick rough. 

Mountain golf or mountain desert golf where the ball goes off a cliff is another matter altogether of course. :)

Remember the miraculous shot by Dubuisson at the match play at Dove Mountain?  Yes, you can sometimes have a shot from the desert, but I have played Dove Mountain and there are places that you don't want to be!  Cacti aren't the only plants that have thorns.  I wasn't in any of them fortunately; the fairways are very generous (I missed one by a foot).  

I have been in the thick rough of Florida Bermuda and it's no bargain either.  In the desert you can have a lie that's playable; in thick rough it might be playable (if you can find it!)

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

We were never allowed caddies either. I didn't think that was a thing that high school golfers did.

I think it may be a pace of play issue.  I heard some matches last year took 3 hours for nine holes, because some kids got the limit of double par every hole.

Mizuno H5 2 iron.

I shot 79 at montgomery village, and I finished double double.  The course was pretty tricky, and there were some hard holes.  I shot 41 on the front, pretty bad, then I was playing the back pretty well, two birdies, and one bogey through 16, and then I lost my drive on 17 and 18 and finished double double.  I tied for the best score of my high school team, and if I keep playing decently, I could be the top seed for the matches.

Mizuno H5 2 iron.

I shot 79 at montgomery village, and I finished double double.  The course was pretty tricky, and there were some hard holes.  I shot 41 on the front, pretty bad, then I was playing the back pretty well, two birdies, and one bogey through 16, and then I lost my drive on 17 and 18 and finished double double.  I tied for the best score of my high school team, and if I keep playing decently, I could be the top seed for the matches.

Good for you.

I saw the pace of play remark and that's the excuse that I heard from coaches when I'd caddie. It doesn't fly with me though. The pace of play couldn't be slower, yes 3 hours for 9 was entirely possible with inexperienced kids in match play situations for the first few times. Don't you think a caddie who was an experienced and proficient golfer would help for pace of play? I could club everyone in the group after a few holes, properly club them which would have instantly helped pace of play. I also would have stopped the attempts at threading a three wood through trees to an elevated green, over a pond from 287 that was a common play.

You have no idea the stuff that you'd see out there. I recall my son once complaining that he'd never break 50 on a particular course they played, you may have heard of it, Whistling Straits. I had spent nearly three hours caddying for him in the freezing cold the day before on that course biting my lip the whole way. His opponent thought he was Tiger Woods as he pulled SW from 155.

I pulled the car over and calmly explained to my son Matt where he wasted 10 shots through course management errors.

Mr. Theo will attest to the fact that Matt does not fight me over clubbing or line of play anymore. It stems from that little "chat."

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Mr. Theo will attest to the fact that Matt does not fight me over clubbing or line of play anymore. It stems from that little "chat."

He takes coaching very well. I even asked for advice out of the bunker after getting stuck in it. You know your stuff sir

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

He takes coaching very well. I even asked for advice out of the bunker after getting stuck in it. You know your stuff sir

You're too kind.  Of course I learned about weight distribution in the trap from trial and error, mostly error.  Glad I could help.  I wish I had the time to give more attention to my trap play because I'm usually only at the stage of get it out inside of three putt range.

Matt on the other hand learned how to play out of traps from our pro in Wisconsin and if ever he gets healthy enough to go back into a trap again it will show instantly.  He's always inside of 10 feet.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Shot 78 today on my home course.  Coulda been a little better,  had a triple on #7, and a double on #8.  Birdied 9 and shot 1 over on the back.  The game is starting to click right now except driver.  I'm starting to score despite hitting it short and not so straight.  Going to Dick's Sporting goods tonight,  gonna hit the Covert tour and maybe the X Hot driver and see what I get.  I loved the feel of my Covert,  just lost distance with it.  Hoping the lower spin and launch of the Tour may remedy that.  Also have a Tour Edge Extoics XCG 7 Beta coming to experiment with.

Driver: Titleist 915 D2 9.5 with Diamana Whiteboard S flex

3 wood: Titleist 915F 15*, Whiteboard S Flex

Titleist 915H 18* and 24* with Whiteboard SFlex

Irons: Mizuno JPX EZ Forged 4-PW with S300's

Wedges: Mizuno MP T4 50*, 56* with DG Spinner

Putter:MannKrafted Long Slope or Odyssey #7 Versa Metal milled or Betti Tour Stock;

Ball: Bridgestone B330 or Titleist NXT

Bag: Titleist 'Murica colored carry bag or

MyGolfSpy Tour Bag

RH, Western KY

Posted Image

I shot a 46/40, 86 today at Pebble Creek in Tampa. With 2 birdies on the back nine, I was +7 on my points and took first place ($128). The front nine started out horrible with a couple double bogeys, but I gradually got warmed up and played my year's best on the back (40) with two birdies and one double bogey.

I treated all in the Pub with a couple pitchers.

Tomorrow we play at Babe Zaharias. It's a benefit we are holding to raise funds for one of our players. His son(age 44) is battling cancer and the drug cost is phenomenal. So we decided to put on a benefit scramble to raise funds. Hopefully we'll have a good turnout and raise money for Henry and his son. We got a lot of prizes, including about 10 free foursomes at various golf clubs around Tampa, including Saddlebrook, The Babe, Rogers Park, Carrollwood, Wentworth and Crescent Oaks. Wish us luck as we raise funds for Henry.

I shot a 46/40, 86 today at Pebble Creek in Tampa. With 2 birdies on the back nine, I was +7 on my points and took first place ($128). The front nine started out horrible with a couple double bogeys, but I gradually got warmed up and played my year's best on the back (40) with two birdies and one double bogey.

I treated all in the Pub with a couple pitchers.

Tomorrow we play at Babe Zaharias. It's a benefit we are holding to raise funds for one of our players. His son(age 44) is battling cancer and the drug cost is phenomenal. So we decided to put on a benefit scramble to raise funds. Hopefully we'll have a good turnout and raise money for Henry and his son. We got a lot of prizes, including about 10 free foursomes at various golf clubs around Tampa, including Saddlebrook, The Babe, Rogers Park, Carrollwood, Wentworth and Crescent Oaks. Wish us luck as we raise funds for Henry.

Good playing and good luck.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

So I have played two rounds in the last two days with my new VR-S Coverts. This is my first set of Still Shaft clubs. How I shot isnt as important (read as terrible) as a few things I have noticed:

1. My yardage is dead on. AFter taking my clubs to Golfsmith and using the launch monitor, I got a pretty good idead of my yardage with each iron. This carried over almost exactly to both courses I played. If I had a 190-205 yrd shot, my 6-iron was the right club, and so on. So the distance consistency was amazing to me. 

2. My targeting is way off. If I needed 160 to the middle of the green, I would hit 160 on the nose, nut anywhere from 10-20 yards on either side of the green. I am hoping that I can chalk this up to getting used to the new clubs. With my last set, my targeting was much more on point.

So I am not at a total loss. There were great points, and not so great in these two rounds. I am going to head out and play one of my easier courses this coming weekend so I can concentrate on mechanics and techique more than worry about the holes.

Driver:  :nike-small:  Nike Covert 2.0 Tour KK 70g Stiff

Fairway Wood: :nike-small: Nike Covert 2.0 Tour KK 60g Stiff
Hybrids:   :nike-small: Nike Covert 2.0 Tour KK Stiff

Irons:    :taylormade-small: R-11s KBS Stiff. 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:  Cleveland 588 Rotax  56*

Some no name 60* I got at Goodwill for $5

Putter::  :ping-small: MGS Ketsch Special Edition   

Ball: :bridgestone-small: :e7, normally. If not, whatever I found while looking for mine in the Tall Grass
Bag :Birdies for the Brave Org.14 Desert Camo 

Shoes : Oakley Cipher 2

Addidas Adizero One Wd

Nike Lunar Control

6 other pair "just in case"

Founder: Texas BBQ Curtain (according to Jdiddyesquire)

Favorite #TOURSAUCE Move:  signing a ball and tossing it to a non existent fan as I walk back to cart. 

Played Friday afternoon -- started off hitting the ball about as well as I have all year when my right shoulder started to ache a little.  Tee shot in the water and a DB on 8 started the wagon down the wrong road.  On 9 I pulled my drive WAY left and felt a sharp, stinging pain in the shoulder -- I swear it felt like it was dislocated.

DB'd 9 and if I had a brain in my head I would have gone home, but being a dumbass I kept playing.  Kept making a conscious effort to swing smooth - just so it wouldn't hurt.  When successful I was hitting the ball well.  When unsuccessful....OB and IP (in pain!).  

Was able to limp home with an 81, which I can't complain about at all, and have been wrapped in ice ever since.  Pulled out of a tournament this morning just to be on the safe side.  We'll see how this week goes!  

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

We held the Benefit for a Friend today, my day started as I arrived at The Babe at 6:15 this morning, followed by feverish registration and selling raffle tickets. We shot gunned at 8:00 with about 72 players. My group had two bogeys before we saw our first Birdie. We finished 3 under and was in the middle of the pack with a 67. The winners were two twosomes that I put together that finished at 10 under (60). I acquired two season passes with parking for Busch Gardens during the auction and I won a pro lesson with TJ Heidle at Rogers Park. TJ broke Woody Austin's record 59 at The Babe, he shat a 58 a couple years ago. All said, it looks like we raised about $5,000 for our friend Henry and his 44 yr old son Anthony who is battling bone cancer.

Today was a great day for our Lord, as he worked with us to raise funds for Anthony.

We held the Benefit for a Friend today, my day started as I arrived at The Babe at 6:15 this morning, followed by feverish registration and selling raffle tickets. We shot gunned at 8:00 with about 72 players. My group had two bogeys before we saw our first Birdie. We finished 3 under and was in the middle of the pack with a 67. The winners were two twosomes that I put together that finished at 10 under (60). I acquired two season passes with parking for Busch Gardens during the auction and I won a pro lesson with TJ Heidle at Rogers Park. TJ broke Woody Austin's record 59 at The Babe, he shat a 58 a couple years ago. All said, it looks like we raised about $5,000 for our friend Henry and his 44 yr old son Anthony who is battling bone cancer.

Today was a great day for our Lord, as he worked with us to raise funds for Anthony.

That's great!!

Driver: Titleist 915 D2 9.5 with Diamana Whiteboard S flex

3 wood: Titleist 915F 15*, Whiteboard S Flex

Titleist 915H 18* and 24* with Whiteboard SFlex

Irons: Mizuno JPX EZ Forged 4-PW with S300's

Wedges: Mizuno MP T4 50*, 56* with DG Spinner

Putter:MannKrafted Long Slope or Odyssey #7 Versa Metal milled or Betti Tour Stock;

Ball: Bridgestone B330 or Titleist NXT

Bag: Titleist 'Murica colored carry bag or

MyGolfSpy Tour Bag

RH, Western KY

Posted Image