TESTERS WANTED! ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

:)

I shot 74 today and am enjoying a cigar and a scotch. 130 plus slope, 71.7 course rating, I'm happy.

Thanks Rev. :P

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

I shot a 43/44, 87 yesterday at The Babe Zaharias GC......That in itself is not great as I should be in the low 80's on this course. HOWEVER, I had one perfect hole.the 312 yd Par 4 # 1......Drive was right side of fairway about 200-205 yds.  Approach shot was about 100 yards so I took my 9 iron (115 yds) as the green was way higher than my ball location. I went straight at the back pin, the ball hit about 3 feet directly in front and hopped to about 4 feet above the hole.  Trickled the birdie putt gently to the hole.  Won $30 for the skin.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

I shot a 3 over 39 yesterday in a high school match, and then for next tuesday's match qualifier, I shot one under on a run down executive course that we practice at, so I will be playing number one for our next match of the season.  I started off badly with a missed 4 footer for par on two, and then a 3 putt on three, but then I birdied the long par 3 6th, and then I burned the edge for a hole in one on a 285 yard par 4 on 8 (I ended up birdieing because it rolled to the back fringe), and then I birdied nine after crushing a drive 290 with a 5 yard fade to play the dogleg perfectly.  It was fun.  I have found my driver again!

Driver:  Taylormade 2017 M2 9.5 degree head played at 8 degrees.  Fujikura speeder evolution tour spec x flex shaft tipped 1/4 inch.  

3-Wood: 15 degree M2 tour.  Fujikura pro 73 tour spec X flex shaft.  

Mizuno H5 2 iron.

4 iron: mizuno mp h4 4 iron dynamic gold s300

5-pw iron: mizuno mp 54 dynamic gold s300

52, 56, 60 wedges: cleveland 588 rotex cavity

putter: 34 inch nike method 00 half circle mallet putter

I shot a 3 over 39 yesterday in a high school match, and then for next tuesday's match qualifier, I shot one under on a run down executive course that we practice at, so I will be playing number one for our next match of the season.  I started off badly with a missed 4 footer for par on two, and then a 3 putt on three, but then I birdied the long par 3 6th, and then I burned the edge for a hole in one on a 285 yard par 4 on 8 (I ended up birdieing because it rolled to the back fringe), and then I birdied nine after crushing a drive 290 with a 5 yard fade to play the dogleg perfectly.  It was fun.  I have found my driver again!

Good playing and good luck in the match.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Good playing and good luck in the match.

Thanks!

Driver:  Taylormade 2017 M2 9.5 degree head played at 8 degrees.  Fujikura speeder evolution tour spec x flex shaft tipped 1/4 inch.  

Mizuno H5 2 iron.

Work has been killing me recently, so I haven't gotten out to play since Barbajo visited. (Good round, great guy).

Taking my wife out to play Eagle Trace today. It's supposed to be one of the really nice courses in the area, so I have high hopes. $45 on golfnow, so I couldn't pass it up.

On a side note, I am re-teaching my wife to play, since she has been away from the game for about 10 years. I got her a putter and a decent wedge. Chipping and putting is all we've been doing for the last 2 months. Gonna get her striking the ball solidly and move up to longer clubs slowly. She's already shown a ton of improvement. By this time next year, she'll break 90!

There is no spoon.

WITB
TaylorMade M3
Callaway Diablo 15°
Callaway Diablo 18°
Callaway Steelhead XR Pro 4-W
Mizuno TP-4 50, 54, 58
TaylorMade Rossa Monza Spyder

Work has been killing me recently, so I haven't gotten out to play since Barbajo visited. (Good round, great guy).

Taking my wife out to play Eagle Trace today. It's supposed to be one of the really nice courses in the area, so I have high hopes. $45 on golfnow, so I couldn't pass it up.

On a side note, I am re-teaching my wife to play, since she has been away from the game for about 10 years. I got her a putter and a decent wedge. Chipping and putting is all we've been doing for the last 2 months. Gonna get her striking the ball solidly and move up to longer clubs slowly. She's already shown a ton of improvement. By this time next year, she'll break 90!

Good to hear from you and have a great time. My wife wants to start going to the par 3 course with me which would be great.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

No golf today as today was a road trip........arrived in Hilton Head about 3 PM. First tee time is 12:30 tomorrow.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

No golf today as today was a road trip........arrived in Hilton Head about 3 PM. First tee time is 12:30 tomorrow.

Have a great time! Looking forward to your stories.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Played pretty well. Shot 72 on par 70 course. Wife was riding along and missed my chip in on 9 because she was getting lunch :-(

A very good day.

image.jpg

There is no spoon.

WITB
TaylorMade M3
Callaway Diablo 15°
Callaway Diablo 18°
Callaway Steelhead XR Pro 4-W
Mizuno TP-4 50, 54, 58
TaylorMade Rossa Monza Spyder

Tried to hit like so I'll do it here.

I'm playing tomorrow if we can get some courses open but then it's back to work.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Played Shipyard (Galleon & Clipper) courses at Hilton Head Island from the Senior(green) tees at 5,400 yards. Shot a 43/41, 84 with no birdies and one double bogey. Weather was sunny and mid 80's

Shot 78 this afternoon to end my vacation. I hit it much better than that but actually kept knocking the ball off the back of the green on approach shots particularly on the back. It was bizarre, it's very unusual for me to have issues with distance control. Throw in two inch Bermuda rough just behind the greens and it made for a very difficult back nine. The kicker was 18. I had 104 which is the tops end of my Gap Wedges. Nice smooth swing flew to the back of the green which was 119, fortunately it sated in the fringe so that I could putt it and was able to make par but I have not hit a GW 120 since I've lived here. Oh and there was no wind.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Not well and it's bugging me. Just a lot of stupid mistakes and my hcp is going up, not down. I'm going to commit myself to practice this winter in the garage range and see what I can do next year.

Yesterday's round was windy and the greens were like lightening. The highlight though, was my second shot on 16 par 5. Hit a 4 hybrid 256 yards  :blink:  (1 yard less than my drive) because of the wind and the roll out, to be on the green putting for eagle...which I then proceeded to 3 putt for a par.  :mad:

In the bag:
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Bag: 

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Well that was an interesting round.

Every other hole was good, the others, less so.

Double Bogey, Par, Double, Par, Triple, Birdie, Bogey, Par, Double, and so on.  

Really annoying, but the pattern was funny!.

Unfortunately, my hybrid gave up the ghost.  broken shaft :(. Apparently it was breaking for several holes, which led to a couple of the big scores, but I look at it as a good excuse to shop for a 5w to replace it

Dru - Owner, President & Janitor, Druware Software Designs

RH 13.1 Handicap in soggy Georgia 

WITB
* 1W 10.5* @ PXG 0211 ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff )
* 3W PXG 0211 ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff ) 
* 5W 18* Tailor-made AeroBurner ( Stock Stiff )
* 7W  Sub70 949x ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff )
* 5i-PW @ PXG 0211 ( Gen 1 )
* 52 @ Hogan Equalizer
* 56 @ Sub70 
* 60 @ Hogan Equalizer
* Carbon Ringo 1/4
* Vice Pro Plus

It's been beautiful here in the Pacific Northwest the past few weeks.  Yesterday was 89 and sunny (dry, not humid) with a slight breeze.  My wife and I played the semi-private country club in town, and I shot 75 with a double and a triple bogey.  It's a fairly short course but has lots of trees.  Easily the best round I have ever played on that course.

The course was almost empty.  The morning men's club was just making the turn when we teed off at 10am, and there was a threesome about 3 holes behind us.  That was it!  I had never seen it so empty.  I suspect it was because of NFL football, and the Seahawks were playing Denver in Seattle at 1pm.  I love Sunday golf in the fall.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

First time I hit a golf course in two weeks, and the results weren't awful. We played in a 4 man scramble on a par 36 9 hole course with 20+ groups. I actually had to leave on 17 because I had work... as it took us 6 HOURS to play 18. The results weren't bad, we finished -5, but probably should have been a lot better. Never bogeyed a hole, but missed more than 6 putts from inside 25 feet as a 4 some. The scratch golfer and my superior wasn't on his A game driving, but I really picked up the slack for him. I also added a few nice irons and even a putt. The other two members had a max handicap and other than a putt and a par 3 were largely not needed. 

Basically considering how I played I would have shot a 90ish, but with a scratch golfer several of my shots were put to good use on approaches.

Driver:   :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 12 Degree

Wood: :callaway-small:  GBB 3 Wood
Hybrid: :callaway-small: Razr 4 hybriid stiff stock shaft.
Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright
Wedges: :vokey-small: 52° 56° and 60°.
All grips are Golf pride grips midsized
Putter (lefty):  Odyssey Metal-X #8 34", stock shaft bent 2° Superstroke grip
Golf Balls:   :titelist-small: 2018-9 Pro-V1x and Prov1s
Shoes:  :footjoy-small:  Dryjoy tours

Ugh. I'm a die hard Rangers fan. hope you enjoy that one.

Played the event yesterday at Trump National and it was a great day.  The format left a lot to be desired as it was a shamble with a group of 5.... AKA a six plus hour round.  Best part of the day was spending 6 hours on the course with Adam Graves....could not ask for a better guy to be paired with.  I can attest to the fact that all the good stories that you hear about what a high character guy he is are true as he could not have been better.  Was kind of a surreal moment when I hit a great iron shot and got to fist bump a guy that has his number hanging in MSG.

WITB 2024

Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60g 6.5

M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Sim Ti 22* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Sim2 Rescue 22* Diamana Thump 100x

X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Z Star Diamond

Played yesterday and shot another 78 - 42-36 this time almost the mirror opposite of Sunday's round.  It was brutal, the course was a mud hole, cart path only, lift clean and place and at times it was impossible to find a playable spot away from the "casual" water.

Actually I think the score can be attributed to the fact that the range and practice areas were under water and therefore closed.  So other than stretching there was no warm up.

I found out why I was hitting my short irons so much farther the other day.  The fact that I was closing the club surfaced on the first hole and reared its ugly head for much of the death.  I had it pretty much corrected on the back side and that also contributed to a lower score.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

I'm gonna show my ignorance, who is Adam Graves?

He is a legend for that played for the NY Rangers and has his number retired in the rafters at MSG.  Here is a bit about him....  

http://rangers.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=53355

WITB 2024

Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60g 6.5

M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Sim Ti 22* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Sim2 Rescue 22* Diamana Thump 100x

X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Z Star Diamond

Shot a 44/40, 84 today at Shipyard in Hilton Head. Finally, had a good round. Played Sunday, Monday, Wednesday and today.....each time on a different course.

Shot a 44/40, 84 today at Shipyard in Hilton Head. Finally, had a good round. Played Sunday, Monday, Wednesday and today.....each time on a different course.

Good for you! Nice round.

When I travel, that is what I like to do, play different courses. If I have time and find a course that I particularly like, I may play it several times, but will throw in a new course in between.

I'm headed to Phoenix in 10 days, and plan to play a few courses that I liked last time, but looking for a few new ones too.

Friday, we played Jack Niclaus's Golden Bear in Hilton Head.....we shot 89, 90 & 92.......the 92 was mine. Terrific challenging layout, but a bit disappointed on the conditions......thin fairways and very thin Tees. I expected it to be in better shape.

On another note, I got handed a timeshare by a lady that had it for 19 years and can't travel anymore.....so we will see more of the Port Royal, Shipyard & Golden Bear courses next year.

Saturday, my wife and I drove up the Columbia River to a nice community golf course that we play once or twice a year. Great conditions and the people are very friendly. We managed to snag a tee time at 1:30pm just after their tournament ended for $21 each and it included a cart!

I shot 6 over 78. I started with 2 pars then a string of 5 bogeys and 2 more pars to finish out the fist nine. I was starting to get a little heated because for those 5 straight bogey holes, my was only 1 over (she fell apart after that). I had one 3-putt bogey on the back nine (mis-read the break), but I had 6 par saves. Two of those were sandys (one was an inch from the hole and the other was a foot). Sadly, there were no birdies.

This was the day after I received my 46 & 50 SCOR wedges, and they are amazing. However, I think I have to re-look at my distance between my i20 9-iron and the 46 SCOR. The SCOR 46 seems to be longer than the i20 PW. I will spend some time after work this week when the course is empty checking the gaps.

Good for you! Nice round.

When I travel, that is what I like to do, play different courses. If I have time and find a course that I particularly like, I may play it several times, but will throw in a new course in between.

I'm headed to Phoenix in 10 days, and plan to play a few courses that I liked last time, but looking for a few new ones too.

Sounds awesome. I live about 3 hours away from there... so hopefully you can send me a scouting report.

Driver:   :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 12 Degree

Wood: :callaway-small:  GBB 3 Wood
Hybrid: :callaway-small: Razr 4 hybriid stiff stock shaft.
Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright
Wedges: :vokey-small: 52° 56° and 60°.
All grips are Golf pride grips midsized
Putter (lefty):  Odyssey Metal-X #8 34", stock shaft bent 2° Superstroke grip
Golf Balls:   :titelist-small: 2018-9 Pro-V1x and Prov1s
Shoes:  :footjoy-small:  Dryjoy tours

Thanks Sp0rtsfan86!  I'll post the courses I play.  

Hope the courses are not too bad after the 2 inches of rain they had this weekend.

How did you fare weather wise?  I have never been to Yuma, but played quite a bit in Palm Springs.

Shot 79 sunday morning, and I was trying to go through a swing change.  I forced myself to no matter what, or how weird it felt, to do what he said, and I hit the ball pretty straight, but not that long.  I had another lesson after that, and now I think I almost have it.

Mizuno H5 2 iron.

Shot a 93 at DuBois Country Club in PA.

The front 9 was a very ordinary 50, but I caught fire on the back.

Especially the 18th. Fired the driver straight down the middle 256 yards. Left me with either a layup before a creek or go for 2 at 210 yards. I got talked into (didn't need much influence) going for it and hit a nice draw with my 3H 199 yards to be on the frog hair. Putted 24 yards, then 2 putted for par.

Considering the greens were running at 10, I was happy with my putting and very happy to have posted 93 with such a poor start on the front.

In the bag:

Bag: 

Shot one over 36 in a high school tri match.  I had one birdie on 8, and I missed 3 footers for birdie on 5 and 7, it was so aggravating, but it was good because I finally played well in a match.  These two lessons that I had last weekend were really helping because I only hit one bad drive, and I hit two 9 irons to 3 feet, and almost all of the rest of the irons shots to within 15 feet.  

I have another set of lessons saturday and sunday, and lets see if I can implement this newish swing.

Mizuno H5 2 iron.