TESTERS WANTED! ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

Shot one over 36 in a high school tri match.  I had one birdie on 8, and I missed 3 footers for birdie on 5 and 7, it was so aggravating, but it was good because I finally played well in a match.  These two lessons that I had last weekend were really helping because I only hit one bad drive, and I hit two 9 irons to 3 feet, and almost all of the rest of the irons shots to within 15 feet.  

I have another set of lessons saturday and sunday, and lets see if I can implement this newish swing.

Sounds like the swing is coming around. Don't rush it. When making a swing change, it takes awhile to ingrain the new habits. Spend enough time learning the habits until it feels natural. Otherwise under pressure situations, the tendency is to revert to old comfortable habits, which can be bad in competition.

Good luck and keep us posted. Oh to be young again!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Played Disney Magnolia while at Conference yesterday. It was wet to start and we had a couple of rain delays. Gear on and off, cart path only, course drained great and the greens never puddled. The rough was brutal because they haven't been able to mow it.

I shot 75. I was exceedingly happy with that. Had a made a couple of birdie putts who know how much better it would have gone. 18 was impossible. It's tough enough when dry but 455 wet is beyond my ability to reach in 2 anymore.

I was also reminded that the Disney courses are ridiculously over priced. They are fine there are just other options that are every bit as good or better for half the price. I only paid $40 which is about right. Normally they are around $100. That's crazy.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Played Disney Magnolia while at Conference yesterday. It was wet to start and we had a couple of rain delays. Gear on and off, cart path only, course drained great and the greens never puddled. The rough was brutal because they haven't been able to mow it.

I shot 75. I was exceedingly happy with that. Had a made a couple of birdie putts who know how much better it would have gone. 18 was impossible. It's tough enough when dry but 455 wet is beyond my ability to reach in 2 anymore.

I was also reminded that the Disney courses are ridiculously over priced. They are fine there are just other options that are every bit as good or better for half the price. I only paid $40 which is about right. Normally they are around $100. That's crazy.

Sounds like a great round under those conditions. Nice job snagging the $40 round too. I am sure they studied the green fee that they could reasonably get with captive people who pay hundreds of $$ a day for the family at DisneyWorld. You can easily drop $100 inside DW after you pay admission!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Thanks Sp0rtsfan86!  I'll post the courses I play.  

Hope the courses are not too bad after the 2 inches of rain they had this weekend.

How did you fare weather wise?  I have never been to Yuma, but played quite a bit in Palm Springs.

AS of right now it's still in the mid to upper 90's. Things are slowing down here and turning dry.

The courses out here are prepping for winter... so going to find one to play later in the week that's not aerating.

Driver:   :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 12 Degree

Wood: :callaway-small:  GBB 3 Wood
Hybrid: :callaway-small: Razr 4 hybriid stiff stock shaft.
Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright
Wedges: :vokey-small: 52° 56° and 60°.
All grips are Golf pride grips midsized
Putter (lefty):  Odyssey Metal-X #8 34", stock shaft bent 2° Superstroke grip
Golf Balls:   :titelist-small: 2018-9 Pro-V1x and Prov1s
Shoes:  :footjoy-small:  Dryjoy tours

AS of right now it's still in the mid to upper 90's. Things are slowing down here and turning dry.

The courses out here are prepping for winter... so going to find one to play later in the week that's not aerating.

Yes, I low that Phoenix this time of year is not the best.  It was a matter of timing before my wife's surgery.  Last golf outing for her this year!  We normally go someplace warm in January or February.  

I have checked a few courses.  Some overseeded last month, some doing it now, some doing it later in the month.  There are some courses that I wanted to play but they are closed or have cart path only.  Guess I will have to wait until next trip.

I am playing the Padre course at the Camelback Resort.  I have played it before, but that was many years ago.  Thought I would give it try again and snagged a $45 rate!  We will play the Vistal golf course on South Mountain.  That used to be the Thunderbird course years ago before they sold it, and one of my favorites.  They don't overseed.  Not the best looking in the winter because of the dormant Bermuda (sort of looks like home), but we found it challenging, fun, and inexpensive.  The staff is very friendly too.

I don't like to make too many advance reservations because if we sometimes take a day off.  So, we will look at some courses when we get there.  If anyone has any suggestions...??

I took last Friday off from work to golf with my cousin at our favourite local course, Holiday Park. We had a tee off time for 10:30. We were at about the 12th hole and decided we would try and get another 18 in. Ended up hitting 36 holes that day. I shot a 97 on our first 18 and a 95 on the second, which is about average for me. I had a couple bad chip shots that should have been avoided, but I guess that's why golf is a four letter word! The weather is turning to crap up here (Saskatoon, Sk) already, its currently 3 degrees C here, but I hope to get one more round in this weekend. 

Good luck! That sounds like our winter temps here in SE Washington state. Supposed to be 25 degrees C and sunny here for the next 10 days. So what do I do? Go to Phoenix where it is supposed to be 34C! Oh well, it's for golf. Guess I'll suffer.

Good luck! That sounds like our winter temps here in SE Washington state. Supposed to be 25 degrees C and sunny here for the next 10 days. So what do I do? Go to Phoenix where it is supposed to be 34C! Oh well, it's for golf. Guess I'll suffer.

Haha. I think this weekend I'm going to play. Temperatures should be right around 100 all week, which means I should be ok if I start in the morning.

Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright

I took last Friday off from work to golf with my cousin at our favourite local course, Holiday Park. We had a tee off time for 10:30. We were at about the 12th hole and decided we would try and get another 18 in. Ended up hitting 36 holes that day. I shot a 97 on our first 18 and a 95 on the second, which is about average for me. I had a couple bad chip shots that should have been avoided, but I guess that's why golf is a four letter word! The weather is turning to crap up here (Saskatoon, Sk) already, its currently 3 degrees C here, but I hope to get one more round in this weekend.

Florida is always open! We would love to have you. Here's hoping for a little Indian summer for you.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Had a Bill Murray Zombieland moment today.   Drove by the course a 2:00, sunny and 70 degrees -- and nobody in the parking lot.   Maybe 5 cars.   What gives?

So I just walked on.  Played a quick nine, hit 8 of 9 greens, sank ZERO puts and had a 36.   Driving home I realized it was Mormon General Conference.   All the LatterDay Saints were in church.    I guess I was in my own sorta church -- Our Lady of Green Fairways.

bag - SunMountain Synch with Ogio Synergy X4 cart
driver - :callaway-small: Optiforce 440, Paderson Kevlar Green stiff 46.5"
fwoods - :taylormade-small: Jetspeed, 3HL regular
irons - :taylormade-small:  Speedblades 3-8, 85g stiff steel, 2 up
wedges - :edilon-small: Scor 40, 45, 50, 54, 58
putter - :ping-small: Ketsch 35" slight arc, SuperStroke 2.0 mid-slim
ball - :titelist-small: ProV1x

Horrible round yesterday......the courses was cart path only and wet as I have ever seen it. I was experiencing groin pains (8/10) and my swing was severely altered. I shot a 100.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

I shot 73 today, a personal best on my course, with a double on 17.  I was playing really well.  I started out strong, but then started to fall apart on 6, 7, and 8 because I went double, par bogey, but then I birdied nine and ten. pared 12-14, birdied 15, pared 16 and then came 17.  It is a really hard par 3.  If you are more than 2 feet short of the narrow but long green, you are in the water, and I hit it off of the stone wall 2 feet short of the green, and bounced in the water.  It stunk, and then I pounded a drive 270 yards on 18, but then left a 10 footer for birdie just short.  I had zero bogeys on the back, and only 2 on the front.  Everything was really good.  I had 28 puts.  I was making everything including a clutch 20 footer on 15 to to one over, and then a downhill slider on 16 for par.  It was a rough ending, but I played well.

Driver:  Taylormade 2017 M2 9.5 degree head played at 8 degrees.  Fujikura speeder evolution tour spec x flex shaft tipped 1/4 inch.  

3-Wood: 15 degree M2 tour.  Fujikura pro 73 tour spec X flex shaft.  

Mizuno H5 2 iron.

4 iron: mizuno mp h4 4 iron dynamic gold s300

5-pw iron: mizuno mp 54 dynamic gold s300

52, 56, 60 wedges: cleveland 588 rotex cavity

putter: 34 inch nike method 00 half circle mallet putter

I went out for a solo round yesterday, something I haven't done in a long time. I had a great time. It was cold out, so there weren't a lot of people out there. I managed to finish the front 9 in just over an hour and shot a 49 (which is average for me). I caught up to a group of 3 that was playing quite slow, so the back 9 took a lot longer. I ended up with a 44 on the back 9 (which is a good score for me right now) for a total of 93. Not my best round, but far from my worst. My short game is what was killing me again. Duffing chip shots is where I turn birdies into bogies every time. The weather looks like it will hold up for another week here, so I might be able to get one more round in next weekend.   

I went out for a solo round yesterday, something I haven't done in a long time. I had a great time. It was cold out, so there weren't a lot of people out there. I managed to finish the front 9 in just over an hour and shot a 49 (which is average for me). I caught up to a group of 3 that was playing quite slow, so the back 9 took a lot longer. I ended up with a 44 on the back 9 (which is a good score for me right now) for a total of 93. Not my best round, but far from my worst. My short game is what was killing me again. Duffing chip shots is where I turn birdies into bogies every time. The weather looks like it will hold up for another week here, so I might be able to get one more round in next weekend.   

Glad you could get out.  Hope you have a few more opportunities before it really gets cold!  Over the years I have met a lot of Canadian snowbirds in Arizona and Palm Springs during January.  

Just curious about your round...  You shot better on the back nine.  Do you think you played better because you were with other people, therefore maybe a little more focused?  

When I play as a single, I am usually in "practice mode".  I am working on certain shot and really don't pay that much attention to the score (if I keep score at all). When playing a game with friends or even when I hook up with strangers, I am not in practice mode anymore.  I am certainly more focused on the shot at hand and feel the consequences of a poor shot a little more.  After all, I don't want to look bad!

I was wondering if that was your case, or maybe the back nine is just easier.  

Well I was very excited today. River Place Country Club only opens up the course a few times a year to non-members. Saw the great deal on DealCaddy and scooped it up.

Was really impressed. Beautiful course and surroundings. Greens were the best I have ever played. I like solid fast greens and these were amazing. Challenging tight fairways. My second best course to play so far.

Shot about my average, which I was happy with for my first time on the course.

When I go out for a round, I try to concentrate on a specific part of my game. Today it was all about my short game.

As the day went on, my game got shorter......

and shorter.......

Desktop.jpg

Driver:  :nike-small:  Nike Covert 2.0 Tour KK 70g Stiff

Fairway Wood: :nike-small: Nike Covert 2.0 Tour KK 60g Stiff
Hybrids:   :nike-small: Nike Covert 2.0 Tour KK Stiff

Irons:    :taylormade-small: R-11s KBS Stiff. 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:  Cleveland 588 Rotax  56*

Some no name 60* I got at Goodwill for $5

Putter::  :ping-small: MGS Ketsch Special Edition   

Ball: :bridgestone-small: :e7, normally. If not, whatever I found while looking for mine in the Tall Grass
Bag :Birdies for the Brave Org.14 Desert Camo 

Shoes : Oakley Cipher 2

Addidas Adizero One Wd

Nike Lunar Control

6 other pair "just in case"

Founder: Texas BBQ Curtain (according to Jdiddyesquire)

Favorite #TOURSAUCE Move:  signing a ball and tossing it to a non existent fan as I walk back to cart. 

Well I was very excited today. River Place Country Club only opens up the course a few times a year to non-members. Saw the great deal on DealCaddy and scooped it up.

Was really impressed. Beautiful course and surroundings. Greens were the best I have ever played. I like solid fast greens and these were amazing. Challenging tight fairways. My second best course to play so far.

Shot about my average, which I was happy with for my first time on the course.

When I go out for a round, I try to concentrate on a specific part of my game. Today it was all about my short game.

As the day went on, my game got shorter......

and shorter.......

h

LOL

Played today for the first time in two weeks. course only allowed me to play nine, but I go out there as a single and basically never saw anyone else on my nine. Shot about a 45 which isn't my best, but considering the last months' inactivity... not surprising. 

What really killed me is putting. I'm used to slower greens out here and today they were quick. I had two or three blow by the hole by over 8 feet. I only made a few of the com backers. Big thing though was I was hitting my irons pretty well and nearly holed out a chip.

Glad you could get out.  Hope you have a few more opportunities before it really gets cold!  Over the years I have met a lot of Canadian snowbirds in Arizona and Palm Springs during January.  

Just curious about your round...  You shot better on the back nine.  Do you think you played better because you were with other people, therefore maybe a little more focused?  

When I play as a single, I am usually in "practice mode".  I am working on certain shot and really don't pay that much attention to the score (if I keep score at all). When playing a game with friends or even when I hook up with strangers, I am not in practice mode anymore.  I am certainly more focused on the shot at hand and feel the consequences of a poor shot a little more.  After all, I don't want to look bad!

I was wondering if that was your case, or maybe the back nine is just easier.  

Thanks for the reply!

I should have been more specific.  The group I caught up to, I didnt play with them. I was just waiting at every hole behind them. I'm not exactly sure as to why I played better on the back nine this time. Usually I score higher on the back 9 at this course, as it is much more difficult than the front 9. I think its just that I was warmed up and more relaxed on the back nine this time. I have another round booked with my cousin for Sunday morning at 8am at another course in the city that we dont usually play. We will see how this one goes. 

Played today at 7AM... after being out at 2 AM with a friend having some fun. Nothing like a round on 3 hours of sleep. We played the betting game Wolf between 4 guys and had a skins game going also o the side. I played actually really well in spurts where I was smashing the ball 250-265 and piping it down the center. My putting was on fire early, but the irons and wedges were lacking... then by the time i hit the back nine, it reversed itself... where I was crushing irons but wasn't doing anything with the flagstick and the driver started to have issues.

I had 5 skins and a won a few holes. The big loss was going 1 on 3 on a par 3 and 3 jacking it. 

As a side note... one of the most interesting courses I've ever played. The first 3-4 holes are frankly awful. Generic 275 dead straight shots with no danger... flat as a pancake. Fairways are hairier than Chewbacca... Then all of the sudden the back nine turns into one of the more pretty courses I've seen. Just a perfect desert golf. Never got a straight answer why the course is like that, but it's really an interesting set up.

Took a personal day today to attend to my wife's health. Her thing was this morning which left me 2 hours until I had to pick my daughter up from school. So I played the Par 3 course. 2 balls, 9 holes, 1:15 minutes. I was 1 under and 1 over for even on the day.

Given that I hit 12/14 fairways on Tuesday this is clearly the part of the game that I need to work on. I hit 13 greens that ranged from 95 to 187. For those who are new I do not use a tee.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Today was the first of a two day tournament.....I finished +3 on my points(tied for 5th) primarily because I got 6 points on one hole. I scored an Eagle on the #1 Handicap hole (#5 Par 4 360 yards over two lakes). I hit my 5 wood 173 yards to hole out for an EAGLE!

I was using the MAster Grip Tour C4 golfball that is advertised as longer than the Pro V1 and only $20/dozen.....I used one ball all day and shot a 91.

This was my third Lifetime Eagle and the longest Eagle ever. In our tournament this got me a Skin that was worth $26.

I think I like this ball.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Good on ya foz! Good luck today.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Nice eagle, congratulations!

Driver:  Taylormade 2017 M2 9.5 degree head played at 8 degrees.  Fujikura speeder evolution tour spec x flex shaft tipped 1/4 inch.  

Mizuno H5 2 iron.

I played a practice round for the high school league championship yesterday with three other players on the team at a place called montgomery village, which is a course which is about to get torn down, so it is not in the best of shape.  It was freezing and rainy, but it was a lot of fun.  I did not really keep my own score on the front because we were playing best ball, we were also messing around, and I think I shot 41, but on the back, I started to I started to focus and I shot a 37, but my team lost 2 and 1 on 17.

Mizuno H5 2 iron.

Well, I shot an 89 on Sunday and finished in 6th place ( +6) out of 39 players. The player who finished last (-19) received $80. We paid out almost $6K for the two day event.  It's a lot of work but the fun makes it worth it.  We have a great Saturday Game with about 100 members that average 40 players each week. Some guys have to work on Saturday's so they come when they can.

Stunk it up yesterday with a 7 over 78, no birdies, not even a close call.   Howling 25 mile an hour canyon wind that made every drive go either 245 or 310.   Botched my 2nd shot on all four par 4's, so guess who'll be working on his fairway woods at the range this week?   Hit some more great Scor shots, though.   Replaced the 9 iron with a Scor 41 bent to 40 and like its siblings it goes high and straight and spins.  Perhaps too much, because I had two come back a bit whereas my old 9 skipped forward a touch.

Weird thing was that I drove the ball superbly and it did nothing for my overall score.   Likewise I've had rounds lately where I drove the ball badly, but my irons were on and I broke 70.

bag - SunMountain Synch with Ogio Synergy X4 cart
driver - :callaway-small: Optiforce 440, Paderson Kevlar Green stiff 46.5"
fwoods - :taylormade-small: Jetspeed, 3HL regular
irons - :taylormade-small:  Speedblades 3-8, 85g stiff steel, 2 up
wedges - :edilon-small: Scor 40, 45, 50, 54, 58
putter - :ping-small: Ketsch 35" slight arc, SuperStroke 2.0 mid-slim
ball - :titelist-small: ProV1x

It was thanksgiving long weekend this past weekend, and it was beautiful weather for golf. I ended up going out 3 times this weekend. Saturday I was up at around 6:45 and couldnt get to sleep so I called the executive course to see if I could get on around 7:30. I did quite well. Its a par 34 9 hole course and I shot a 41, which is great for me. Then I went out again on Sunday with my cousin to a course we dont normally play and shot a 92. My drives were great all day, hitting 270 - 300 yards, but it was again my short game that added up the strokes. Then yesterday morning I went out with my girlfriends dad and her sisters boyfriend and shot one of the worst games I have had all season. I ended up with a 102. I couldnt find a fairway to save my life and I ended up 3 putting a few times. Again it looks like we will have great weather next weekend so I will probably get another round or 2 in before seasons end. 

Played at the local mini course with a putter, 56 wedge and 7 iron. It's been 2 months since I've hit a ball but I didn't play bad. Now I want to play a full 18.

Always wanted to do a round with 3-4 clubs. Never have but figured it would be fun. I'm playing tomorrow but bringing the whole clubs out.

Shot 75 in the high school league championship.  The leader was at one under 70, and there were 4 kids at 73, and then there was me.  I hit everything so well except for the driver.  I was hitting trees that were not even in play in front of the tee boxes.  On number eleven, I hit it 100 yards forward, and 100 yards right, and I am not exaggerating at all.  It was horrendous.  I had to bench it after the beginning of the back nine and even hit my 3 wood on the 450 yard par four 17.  But I saved my round with my irons, my wedges, and my putter.  I had 13 putts on the front nine with missing a 3 footer on number 2.  I hit a lot of three woods off the tee, but on all of my five driver holes, except for number one which was crushed, I had to pitch out and make up and down from 50 yards.  I hit almost every single wedge to within 2 feet, it was crazy.  Overall, I had a pretty good season as a freshman, and I almost beat the superstar from flint hill who is playing D1 golf.  I was one back of him going into 18, and we both had birdie putts, but I missed, and he made it.  It was fun, and our team came in third overall.  

Mizuno H5 2 iron.