TESTERS WANTED! ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

That some mighty fine likker there! Macallan 12 is my go to.

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

Macallan 18 is NOT for doing shots!!!...lol. It is to be poured in a Glencairn or Copita glass and nosed. Then, small sips and savor it! No ice! Yeah.... I'm a whisk(e)y geek.  :D

Sounds you had a great time. I played on Dec. 26th with my brother. Not my best outing (87) but, It was just so cool to be playing golf at the end of Dec. in Ohio!

My game has peaked at the worst time.........the very end of the season, with probably a 1-2 month layoff.  My last three rounds were great.  Beat my NCAA D-1 playing cousin (9 holes), shooting -2 to his -1.  Followed that up with a even par round of 70 (39-31).  Then this week, I played my cousin again for a full 18.  He is 21 now, so we played for a beer.  We were both even par on the 17th tee; he finished birdie-birdie, I finished par-par.  I will gladly take a 68 to 70 loss any time, especially to a D1 player that is #1 on his team.  Now if only I can keep it going throughout all of next year.

Shot a 45/46=91 at World Woods today with Revkev.

Would have loved to join you guys.  But had just returned with the lovely wife from a mom visit in Venice on the 23rd and I have exhausted my brownie point supply for a bit.  

Nonchalant putts count the same as chalant putts.

In my Ogio Ozone XX Cart Stand Bag:

Ping G400 10.5 Deg Driver, stock Stiff shaft
TM Rocketballz 19 Deg 5 Wood, stock Matrix Osik Stiff shaft
TM Rocketballz Stage 2 21 Deg Tour 4 Hybrid, Rocketfuel 80h Stiff shaft 

Callaway Apex CF 16 Irons, 4-P, Stiff Shafts

Scor 48 and 55 degree wedges.  
Renegar 60 Deg Steel Shaft Lob Wedge

TM Ghost Spider Si 38" Counterbalanced Putter

I haven't- in well over a month! 

Sounds like a great round in Florida, though, regardless of scores.

PING i20 8.5*, TFC707D (S)
Callaway RAZR Fit 15*, neutral setting, stock shaft (S)
PING i20 20*, TFC707H (S)
Adams Pro a12 23*, Matrix Ozik Altus (S)
PING i20 5-PW, TT DG S300, 1.5* flat (purple dot)
SCOR 50*,54*,58*, Genius 12 KBS Tour (S), 1.5* flat, -1/4"
STX xForm 3, 35"

Revkev and I played World Wwods a Rolling Oaks course last Friday...I shot a 90 and was very happy.

I also want thank Rev for sharing his 18yr old Scotch with me.....very smooth.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Here is Revkev with his other friends, Dennis and Craig at World Woods..

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Nice! Thanks for sharing, Foz. I hope to get out this week. We've had 20+" of rain so far this month, so things are bound to be a little soggy.

PING i20 8.5*, TFC707D (S)
Callaway RAZR Fit 15*, neutral setting, stock shaft (S)
PING i20 20*, TFC707H (S)
Adams Pro a12 23*, Matrix Ozik Altus (S)
PING i20 5-PW, TT DG S300, 1.5* flat (purple dot)
SCOR 50*,54*,58*, Genius 12 KBS Tour (S), 1.5* flat, -1/4"
STX xForm 3, 35"

Played today. 35* out but sunny and not much wind. Shot an 84. First time for me playing with the ground frozen. Definitely wasn't ready for the cart path type bounces on the first few greens I hit. Also gonna need some of those rubber tees that sit on top of the ground.

Driver -  :taylormade-small: M1 9.5* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Fairway -   :taylormade-small: M1 5W 19* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Hybrids -   :ping-small: G25 4H 23*

Irons -  :mizuno-small: JPX 850 Forged 4-PW w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Wedges - :mizuno-small: S5 50*07, 54*12, 58*12 w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Putter - Oddyssey Metal-X #7 w/ SuperStroke Pistol GT 2.0

Played today. 35* out but sunny and not much wind. Shot an 84. First time for me playing with the ground frozen. Definitely wasn't ready for the cart path type bounces on the first few greens I hit. Also gonna need some of those rubber tees that sit on top of the ground.

That frozen ground should add some distance off the tee ;)

What's In the Bag

Driver - :callaway-small: GBB 

Hybrids  :cleveland-small: Halo XL Halo 18* & :cobra-small: T-Rail 20*

Irons  :cobra-small: T-Rail 2.0

Wedges :ping-small: 60* TS / SCOR 48* 53* 58*

Putter     :scotty-small:

Ball :callaway-logo-1:

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

That frozen ground should add some distance off the tee ;)

It definitely does! I played nine holes yesterday and it was 25*. The ball doesn't fly as far, but the 50 yards of roll more than makes up for it.

You can't land a ball on the green. The trick is to judge where to land the ball so it bounces on. Typically, I use one less club for the distance and play a low punch shot. I hit 6 of 9 greens with 2 short and one long. You would think that the greens would be fast since they are frozen, but not the case. They are very slow and putts don't track real well. No birdies. :(

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I ended up playing a club less but didn't adjust well. It was definitely a learning experience. I didn't putt terrible but the speed really threw me off at first like you said Kenny. I only had 3 decent looks at birdie but couldn't get any of them to drop. On #1 I hit my 45* and it landed in the center of the green and bounced up over the greenside bunker behind the green. I had a downhill lie with the green sloping away and duffed one with my 58* that just barely made it back over the bunker. I gathered myself and chipped the next one in for par. Never give up on a hole and focus on the shot you're hitting - not the one you just hit and not the one you might hit next. You never know what's going to happen. The SCORs definitely got a workout today since I only had 3 GIRs.

Driver -  :taylormade-small: M1 9.5* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Fairway -   :taylormade-small: M1 5W 19* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Hybrids -   :ping-small: G25 4H 23*

Irons -  :mizuno-small: JPX 850 Forged 4-PW w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Wedges - :mizuno-small: S5 50*07, 54*12, 58*12 w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Putter - Oddyssey Metal-X #7 w/ SuperStroke Pistol GT 2.0

Played Dunedin Country Club today. It was once the Winter home of the PGA Tour. Ben Hogan still has the course record. It's a beautiful, emphasis on the beautiful, Donald Ross course. Everytime I play it I picture Hogan and Sneed roaming the fairways. I roamed them well today, only missed two, shot 75.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Played Dunedin Country Club today. It was once the Winter home of the PGA Tour. Ben Hogan still has the course record. It's a beautiful, emphasis on the beautiful, Donald Ross course. Everytime I play it I picture Hogan and Sneed roaming the fairways. I roamed them well today, only missed two, shot 75.

Nice round Rev! It's a great feeling to play a course where the legends of the game played.

I had the pleasure many years ago to play Palmetto Country Club in Aiken, SC with a friend of mine who is a member. It was built in 1892 and the clubhouse and locker room are stunning. I can only imagine the conversations that took place there. My friend said that Ben Hogan played there a lot and there are three par 4's in a row that were among his favorites. I only wish that I could have played it with my current game instead of the one I had back then. I sucked!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

We get spoiled here Kenny - One of the courses that I play frequently hosted an LPGA event that Nancy Lopez and Julie Inkster won - another course the I frequent host the JC Penny mixed doubles event that was a part of the goofy season back in the 80's -

We have three older courses, one continues to host the longest running amateur event in the South.  It has been won by any number of tour guys while they were collegiate players including most recently Bubba Watson.  The other two have storied histories - Dunedin was the winter home of the Tour so lots of older greats would come down and play it to get their games ready for the tour season and another one where Walter Hagen was the Head Pro towards the end of his career - that ones very exclusive and I haven't played it for a while because the member that I used to have there moved out of the area.

Of course Copperhead is close by and then there is also TPC Tampa Bay - the most under rated course that I've ever played.

All of that is within 20 miles of my house.  Foz is about 25 miles away from me and has an entire other list of courses with that type of history that he could mention.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

• 4 weeks later...

So I was able to sneak out and play today after church. First time in over three weeks. It showed. Still shot a 78 that included a spectacular double on 18. Trust me it was spectacular because I was well on my way to getting Donald Rossed or Bernard Langered until I hit a miraculous pitch from a flower bed to 3 feet.

My bunker game saved me that's for sure.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

I fled the frozen north and played 36 in sunny St. George this weekend...  and really regretted it.   Played terribly.   Everything going 10% less and I could not adjust to the dormant wirey Bermuda.   I should have steered for those bent/blue courses down here (it's about half and half), but I didn't.   I played two Bermuda courses back to back and shot a miserable 87 and 83, one birdie in two days.   Scors were horrible, just awful.   I probably chunked a dozen Scor shots that went no further than 40-60 yards.   It felt like learning that your beloved wife was a stripper in a previous life.

bag - SunMountain Synch with Ogio Synergy X4 cart
driver - :callaway-small: Optiforce 440, Paderson Kevlar Green stiff 46.5"
fwoods - :taylormade-small: Jetspeed, 3HL regular
irons - :taylormade-small:  Speedblades 3-8, 85g stiff steel, 2 up
wedges - :edilon-small: Scor 40, 45, 50, 54, 58
putter - :ping-small: Ketsch 35" slight arc, SuperStroke 2.0 mid-slim
ball - :titelist-small: ProV1x

In a word, Awesome!

Yesterday, I was sick and struggled the whole day. My options were to stay home and be sick, or struggle on the golf course. I would much rather be on the course. I squeaked in a few strokes under 90 yesterday with no real energy. But sunny and over 60 and no wind, I really did not care.

Today, was supposed to be a repeat of yesterday weather wise, we thought. I felt good today and after breathing new life into my old Hogan clubs (reshafting them last week). I was looking forward to it. The wind was a good 20 mph more than we expected, and we expected it to be breezy.

I felt great and played great today. Because of the wind, I played very conservatively, fairways and greens and putting for par, and made the turn at 38. The 424 yard into the wind par 4 kicked my butt. I then got a huge boost at the turn.

I retrieved my wayward cell phone from the car and checked eBay and saw that I had won 3 nearly new Scor wedges for $115, so I was pumped up after that.  The wind was a beast. well struck balls were ok, but a poorly struck ball was in a world of hurt.

I finished the round with a 77 which was the low score of our group, by 1. Sadly, three other guys played well also, and they were on the other team. we had two teams of 5 and played in 3 groups. When we totaled the team scores we got trounced but I won some individual bets so came out way ahead.

I liked the new clubs arrangement, and am really looking forward to the Scor Wedges.

:ping-small:G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small:G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small:G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:taylormade-small:P790 Black 4-A 
on :kbs: TGI 80S

:mizuno-small: ES21 54-8° & 58-12° on :kbs: Hi Rev

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

Driver, 3w, 3H are JumboMax JMX UltraLite XS 

Saturday, I shot a 43/49=92......the front nine was the best this year, but just could not hold on to it.  I did post a Birdie on the 145 yd Par 3 and it held for a $34 Skin. However, it seems that I have lost my swing.  My driver has always been straight down the middle, but now i just can't seem to swing it.  Hip & lower back aches do affect the swing.  At times I could barely get off the Tee box........and our Club Championship is next week....OMG!

Foz - You have to come over and play Dunedin with us - you should have your group play there the next time you are travelling.  Hope everything recovers soon.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Played from temp tees on Saturday so each hole was about 20 yds shorter than normal. Shot a 70 which of course doesn't count because of that. But more importantly I bought some Wilson Staff Duo golf balls for the low compression since it's cold here.

I can't believe how much better they feel off of the club face than the Pro V1x I normally play when it's cold.

I think they were even going further as I was using normal club distance as if it were summer and the ball was going about right.

Very impressed with how they performed given the conditions.

"I'd play a ladies set of clubs if it allowed me to break par."

PING G410 LST Fujikura Pro 2.0 Tour Spec 6

Titleist 17, 19, and 21 degree 818 H2 Hybrids

Ping G700 5 - GW

Titleist Vokey SM7 54 Wedge

Titleist Vokey SM7 58 Wedge

Evenroll ER3

Snell MTB-X

Yep, Duo's in the winter feel like a normal ball.

bag - SunMountain Synch with Ogio Synergy X4 cart
driver - :callaway-small: Optiforce 440, Paderson Kevlar Green stiff 46.5"
fwoods - :taylormade-small: Jetspeed, 3HL regular
irons - :taylormade-small:  Speedblades 3-8, 85g stiff steel, 2 up
wedges - :edilon-small: Scor 40, 45, 50, 54, 58
putter - :ping-small: Ketsch 35" slight arc, SuperStroke 2.0 mid-slim
ball - :titelist-small: ProV1x

Duo's are OK, but this winter I tried the 3UP 2S14 and the Bridgestone Precept Lady and the Lady won out.  I like the yellow ones for the gray January days here.

Alright I know it's not the same here as there but one of the guys that I was playing with Sunday found a Lady Precept and used it on the back 9 - it was in the high 50's - he certainly picked up yardage with that ball - I went from being 15 to 20 yards past him to about 5 and on one hole he was past me.

I wouldn't change balls because rots of ruck trying to stop that ball on the greens we were playing (not a concern for him because to hit a green in regulation you actually have to hit the ball in the air somewhat straight) I would think it would be my choice if I lived up North and could sneak out in the winter or once it started to thaw in the early spring.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Duo's are OK, but this winter I tried the 3UP 2S14 and the Bridgestone Precept Lady and the Lady won out.  I like the yellow ones for the gray January days here.

I played the 3UP 2S14 while I was in Orlando last week and thought it played well off the tee.  Overall, my play in Orlando was pretty poor.  I usually put the ball in the fairway off the tee, but had NO short game to speak of.  I did manage to par the last two holes at Orange County National, so that's about the only consistency I managed in four rounds.  My last round had an entire "Snow-Family" on the card!

On the other hand, I played some beautiful courses with a great bunch of guys in Florida in January for my very first winter golf trip!  As far as I'm concerned, that's some pretty great golf ;)

What's In the Bag

Driver - :callaway-small: GBB 

Hybrids  :cleveland-small: Halo XL Halo 18* & :cobra-small: T-Rail 20*

Irons  :cobra-small: T-Rail 2.0

Wedges :ping-small: 60* TS / SCOR 48* 53* 58*

Putter     :scotty-small:

Ball :callaway-logo-1:

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

Alright I know it's not the same here as there but one of the guys that I was playing with Sunday found a Lady Precept and used it on the back 9 - it was in the high 50's - he certainly picked up yardage with that ball - I went from being 15 to 20 yards past him to about 5 and on one hole he was past me.

I wouldn't change balls because rots of ruck trying to stop that ball on the greens we were playing (not a concern for him because to hit a green in regulation you actually have to hit the ball in the air somewhat straight) I would think it would be my choice if I lived up North and could sneak out in the winter or once it started to thaw in the early spring.

It's a good ball up here for this time of year because it's soft enough that it's not like hitting a rock; it flies pretty far at these temps; and it stops on the greens about as well as anything else, which isn't all that good!

I played the 3UP 2S14 while I was in Orlando last week and thought it played well off the tee.  Overall, my play in Orlando was pretty poor.  I usually put the ball in the fairway off the tee, but had NO short game to speak of.  I did manage to par the last two holes at Orange County National, so that's about the only consistency I managed in four rounds.  My last round had an entire "Snow-Family" on the card!

On the other hand, I played some beautiful courses with a great bunch of guys in Florida in January for my very first winter golf trip!  As far as I'm concerned, that's some pretty great golf ;)

I still have a few 3UP 2S14 balls that I will also use this time of the year. Not a whole lot of difference from the Lady. I got the Lady in Yellow because my wife likes the yellow Srixon Z-Star but it's too hard at these temps. She likes the Lady a lot. BTW, she walked 18 holes this last weekend and was +9. She had total knee replacement on Nov 19.

Glad you had a lot of fun and got to meet some great guys. I really wanted to go, but wasn't sure how well my wife was going to be able to get around without me. Turns out she really didn't need me.

I envy you Florida people so much.  I haven't hit balls in over a month, and I don't think i've played a full round in a long time.  I'm stuck here in DC with ice everywhere.

Driver:  Taylormade 2017 M2 9.5 degree head played at 8 degrees.  Fujikura speeder evolution tour spec x flex shaft tipped 1/4 inch.  

3-Wood: 15 degree M2 tour.  Fujikura pro 73 tour spec X flex shaft.  

Mizuno H5 2 iron.

4 iron: mizuno mp h4 4 iron dynamic gold s300

5-pw iron: mizuno mp 54 dynamic gold s300

52, 56, 60 wedges: cleveland 588 rotex cavity

putter: 34 inch nike method 00 half circle mallet putter

I had a weird weekend. Played a tournament in the morning Saturday, won my flight. Stuck around and played another round after lunch, well into the darkness. It was my best round since picking golf back up after a hiatus during college. I hit wedge to about a foot to make birdie on 18 to shoot 68.

Fast forward to today and I play the worst round I've played since 2013. Shot 86 lol. I won't confirm whether I may or may not have been hungover but that would be no excuse. That used to be the only way I played back in the day. Golf is a very humbling game. So in short my best and worst rounds of the year came in the same weekend. I need a new hobby haha

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged