TESTERS WANTED! ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

So here is the story. I am out in Vegas for work and I go to see are architect for a meeting yesterday and he just got a Hellcat. I told him after the meeting that I needed the keys and he flipped them to me and said have fun. My Charger is 400+ HP and this thing puts it to shame. As a bonus today he let take a cruise on his 1951 fully restored Indian. He is just a giver....but then again for what I pay him he should be.

Also, the "launch" feature on the Hellcat is scary as heck.

I have a Corvette Z06 and I won't even try against those, unless lots of corners are involved...

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

Headed out today with the Paderson shaft in the driver.

My goal last year was to break 70, didn't do it, but I shot 70 twice.

Well yesterday I shot a 74 with three 3 putts and today it finally happened. 69 for the first time in my life!

It took two chip ins for birdie, but hey I'm counting it!

"I'd play a ladies set of clubs if it allowed me to break par."

PING G410 LST Fujikura Pro 2.0 Tour Spec 6

Titleist 17, 19, and 21 degree 818 H2 Hybrids

Ping G700 5 - GW

Titleist Vokey SM7 54 Wedge

Titleist Vokey SM7 58 Wedge

Evenroll ER3

Snell MTB-X

Hey!  I get another shot at Wine Valley GC on Monday, all expenses paid, courtesy of my brother-in-law. However, there is no cart girl on Mondays.   :(    Weather is supposed to be 70 and sunshine!!!  

Quote from the "Hardest Courses" thread, I played Wine Valley GC yesterday.  This course is a U.S. Open local qualifier on May 12.  They need to do some work on getting it in shape, particularly the bunkers.  I say that because I had 6 shots out of them!  They need more sand now.   :blush:

Beautiful day!  77 degrees, sunny.  It was a tale of two nines.  They started us on #10 and maybe that was what screwed me up; I had a lot of mis-hits.  It could have been that this was my first round of the year playing in just a golf shirt.  I have been playing in 3 layers.  I don't normally hit bunkers, but it seemed that the ball just wanted to go that way, and anything close to a bunker went in (see the pics of the course from the Hardest Courses thread).  The fairways are firm and fast and play like the Open Championship.  I shot 47 on the first nine.  Then the wind came up and I shot 39 on the second nine.  So, maybe this year's game is coming around?

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

There is a muni in town where I started playing golf about 23 years ago. Needless to say, I was a terrible player for quite awhile. In the gangsome I was always the last pick (... "and you can have Kenny" is usually how it went). After playing a wicked slice for too long, I decided to take a lesson; novel, I know, but I was desperate. The pro was a little strange, but in just a few lessons, I improved to about a bogey golfer. So, why am I writing this here?

Well, I haven't played that course in a long, long time (long story), and I get a call yesterday from that pro asking if I wanted to join him and another guy I knew from way back when for a round today. I thought, well nothing going on at work that needs immediate attention; it's overcast and 70 degrees; why not!

The course is a par 70 and the best round I have ever had on it was 82 about 10 years ago. Today I shot 77 and missed a par putt on 18 to tie the pro. So I'm stoked!! It's been years since I have played with this pro, but after the round today, I feel that I now have a chance to finally beat him!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Nice round Kenny.  I finally hit balls! First time in two months!

Driver:  Taylormade 2017 M2 9.5 degree head played at 8 degrees.  Fujikura speeder evolution tour spec x flex shaft tipped 1/4 inch.  

3-Wood: 15 degree M2 tour.  Fujikura pro 73 tour spec X flex shaft.  

Mizuno H5 2 iron.

4 iron: mizuno mp h4 4 iron dynamic gold s300

5-pw iron: mizuno mp 54 dynamic gold s300

52, 56, 60 wedges: cleveland 588 rotex cavity

putter: 34 inch nike method 00 half circle mallet putter

Nice round Kenny.  I finally hit balls! First time in two months!

Glad you could finally get out to play. I lived in DC for a year a long time ago. The winter was mild, but the summer was HOT! Too humid for me; had to go back to the desert.

Good luck this year in your tournaments!

I played like horrid thru the first 13, then par, back to back birdies, and parred out.

Flog

Terrible tennis elbow is beginning to really hamper my game

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

Temps hit 77, so of course I went hiking with my wife. No golf today. Happy wife, happy life. Maybe next weekend.

There is no spoon.

WITB
TaylorMade M3
Callaway Diablo 15°
Callaway Diablo 18°
Callaway Steelhead XR Pro 4-W
Mizuno TP-4 50, 54, 58
TaylorMade Rossa Monza Spyder

Didnt actually play a round. Went to the Ledbetter Training center here in town. $15 and you can hit all day. Nice facility, putting green, chip and pitch green, Wedge play driving rannge with two target greens about 60 and 80 yards out and finally the driving range with markers out to 300 yards (not like I needed them).

Overcast today in Austin but decent temps.

Had some of the rust i expected from not hitting in a while. knocked some of it off. Some of it seems it wouldnt come off with a grinder.

On a positive note, I believe I have found my soloution to accuracy and target line issues I have been having:

Out on the Driving Range, slapped at a ball with my 3 hybrid. For the first time EVER i hit the cart guy as he was sweeping the range. I will admit, I now understand why people shoot at the cart now. So for the hell of it, I actually tried to hit him on thenext shot and grazed it right off the top of the cart. For the next 6 balls, i hit directly or bounced into the cart guy as he made his rounds, oblivious to the sheer joy he was bringing me at that moment.

When the last ball i hit hm with just barely grazed the end of the ball hoppers on the back, I remembered what the guy who gave me my first lesson said:"Always try to end on a good ball."

Thats just what i did.

Driver:  :nike-small:  Nike Covert 2.0 Tour KK 70g Stiff

Fairway Wood: :nike-small: Nike Covert 2.0 Tour KK 60g Stiff
Hybrids:   :nike-small: Nike Covert 2.0 Tour KK Stiff

Irons:    :taylormade-small: R-11s KBS Stiff. 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:  Cleveland 588 Rotax  56*

Some no name 60* I got at Goodwill for $5

Putter::  :ping-small: MGS Ketsch Special Edition   

Ball: :bridgestone-small: :e7, normally. If not, whatever I found while looking for mine in the Tall Grass
Bag :Birdies for the Brave Org.14 Desert Camo 

Shoes : Oakley Cipher 2

Addidas Adizero One Wd

Nike Lunar Control

6 other pair "just in case"

Founder: Texas BBQ Curtain (according to Jdiddyesquire)

Favorite #TOURSAUCE Move:  signing a ball and tossing it to a non existent fan as I walk back to cart. 

Wow! Wish we had a practice facility where we could hit ball all day. I have to use my 9-hole practice course for that and dodge the newbies (I was going to say "old guys", but that describes me too). The practice facilities at this course are crap, so I go out on the course and pick my own practice areas. I can only do this at times when the course is relatively empty.

I've had a brutal head cold since I worked on Saturday but it's going to be 65* today. I will not miss out on getting the first round of the season in.

Driver -  :taylormade-small: M1 9.5* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Fairway -   :taylormade-small: M1 5W 19* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Hybrids -   :ping-small: G25 4H 23*

Irons -  :mizuno-small: JPX 850 Forged 4-PW w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Wedges - :mizuno-small: S5 50*07, 54*12, 58*12 w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Putter - Oddyssey Metal-X #7 w/ SuperStroke Pistol GT 2.0

Wow! Wish we had a practice facility where we could hit ball all day. I have to use my 9-hole practice course for that and dodge the newbies (I was going to say "old guys", but that describes me too). The practice facilities at this course are crap, so I go out on the course and pick my own practice areas. I can only do this at times when the course is relatively empty.

I do that too - lol  Local 9 hole muni was open this weekend, but I wanted to get some practice in, so I was carting around from hole to hole, trying to stay out of the way.  Really wanted to work on my wedges in turf and sand and get some swings in outside with the Paderson shaft, more than anything else.

Temps are dropping down again after today for about a week, but the range opened yesterday at another course and I should be able to squeeze in a couple of hours today with my irons, so I can hit off the turf before my iron fitting tomorrow!!

Weather is supposed to warm up again after this weekend, so I should be able to start getting rounds in soon ;)

What's In the Bag

Driver - :callaway-small: GBB 

Hybrids  :cleveland-small: Halo XL Halo 18* & :cobra-small: T-Rail 20*

Irons  :cobra-small: T-Rail 2.0

Wedges :ping-small: 60* TS / SCOR 48* 53* 58*

Putter     :scotty-small:

Ball :callaway-logo-1:

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

It really is an awesome place. They let you bring a cooler in so you can eat while youre there too. The clubhouse is also touted as a Sports Bar. Never really seen anyone in there for that, but it is still a nice place. Got there at 10:30 in the morning. Putted and chipped till noon. Ate a small lunch I brought in the clubhouse. Worked wedges and finally hit the full size range. Stayed till about 4:30. 

Only thing I had to learn is to SLOW DOWN and relax when I am there. Otherwise I hit WAY TO MUCH and am incredibly sore the next day. 

But for $15, I will never complain. 

Ball: :bridgestone-small: :e7, normally. If not, whatever I found while looking for mine in the Tall Grass

Addidas Adizero One Wd

Nike Lunar Control

Favorite #TOURSAUCE Move:  signing a ball and tossing it to a non existent fan as I walk back to cart. 

Horrible swing on Saturday....shot an almost unmentionable score.  Then Sunday had a 2 man scramble for the Mulligan's cup...so a bunch of us went out early for a 12 hole warm up...I shot a 41 on the front!...My scramble partner was hitting his long ball very well in the morning but when it came time to compete, he faultered so using my drives most of the day we finished with a 77 :(

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Horrible swing on Saturday....shot an almost unmentionable score. 

Just curious...... what neighborhood borders an unmentionable score? I have a feeling I LIVE in that neighborhood. 

Addidas Adizero One Wd

Nike Lunar Control

Just curious...... what neighborhood borders an unmentionable score? I have a feeling I LIVE in that neighborhood. 

Anything greater than 92......for me.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Anything greater than 92......for me.

CRAP!!.... i was worng. I live on the OTHER side of that hood from you.......

Addidas Adizero One Wd

Nike Lunar Control

43-40 for an 83 today. Hit some really bad shots that I'll attribute to winter rust because it makes me feel better. I chunked what felt like just about every wedge I hit. Putting was also rusty but made a few longer ones - 19 on the front, 15 on the back. Put the Mizuno JPX 850 driver in play today and was extremely pleased with the results considering the course was wet and there was zero roll out. Longer than my G25 and just as accurate. Hit two greens with my 3H from 210 out. One was a par 5 that I proceeded to 3 jack for a par and the second was a longer par 4 after a poor drive and managed to save par. Overall I'm really happy with the results of the first round of the year. Still need to put the hammer down on putting practice as well as from 100 yards and in.

Today was the first time I've hit a ball in about 3 months and I don't think I've chunked so many shots in one range session other than when I started playing this game for the first time. I know this isn't technically a round of golf but I felt it was worth sharing, I can only imagine what my score would be if I did go and play today. 

Today was the first time I've hit a ball in about 3 months and I don't think I've chunked so many shots in one range session other than when I started playing this game for the first time. I know this isn't technically a round of golf but I felt it was worth sharing, I can only imagine what my score would be if I did go and play today. 

Don't feel bad, there's a lot of that going around - lol

Hitting on a mat over the winter helps to stay in "golf shape," but leads to some bad habits, as well.  I'm just glad we're starting to get some days where I can start adjusting to hitting on real turf!  It will be another couple of weeks before the courses are actually playable.

What's In the Bag

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

Second round of the year today. Shot a new personal best of 81 which was a huge shock. 42-39. Played the MG Tour C4 ball again which continues to impress me. Used the same ball for the whole round which doesn't happen for me very often and the durability seems great. Also put my new Mizuno JPX Fli Hi hybrids into play and was really impressed. Same with the JPX 850 driver and 3W. Super happy with my bag and the potential for this season. Had my highest ever scrambling % of 38% with the SCORs. The downside of the round was four 3 putts. Clearly still the weak part of my game that will be getting a lot more of my practice time this year.

Don't feel bad, there's a lot of that going around - lol

Hitting on a mat over the winter helps to stay in "golf shape," but leads to some bad habits, as well.  I'm just glad we're starting to get some days where I can start adjusting to hitting on real turf!  It will be another couple of weeks before the courses are actually playable.

Yes but you guys have an excuse because of the snow, I live in Southern California. 

Played today for the first time in three weeks. It was so nice to get out on the course. Played with a friend and a delightful couple from Canada. He went to college in the US on a baseball scholarship. He could bomb it which was great when it worked and an opportunity to meet Florida wildlife, Gators and such, when it didn't.

I shot 39-37, not bad on a breezy day. Very similar to what you saw at Valspar, gusty, sone times pin swaying, sometimes not so much. I did hit two of the ugliest 7 irons you'd ever want to see but neither killed me even if they led to bogey.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Course I went to in the morning was closed, but I was allowed to practice chipping and putting and was really pleased with the results from re-shafting my SCORs with the Genius shafts.

Course I went to in the afternoon was open, but I only had about an hour left, so I took advantage of the range to make a head to head comparison with the Paderson shaft and my gamer shaft.

I was really pleased with my consistency for this early in the year.

I think the weather and courses will be playable when I get my irons back with their new graphite shafts!!

What's In the Bag

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

Course I went to in the morning was closed, but I was allowed to practice chipping and putting and was really pleased with the results from re-shafting my SCORs with the Genius shafts.

Course I went to in the afternoon was open, but I only had about an hour left, so I took advantage of the range to make a head to head comparison with the Paderson shaft and my gamer shaft.

I was really pleased with my consistency for this early in the year.

I think the weather and courses will be playable when I get my irons back with their new graphite shafts!!

What shafts did you have in the SCORs prior to the Genius shafts?

I had the Genius Shafts pulled last year and replaced with True Temper Wedge shafts I had on hand.  I liked them better at first, but after dislocating my left shoulder last year decided to try the Genius shafts again.  I'm glad I did ;)

What's In the Bag

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

First round in two months!  It was pretty ugly.  I did not keep score because the greens were aerated, and I was just trying to feel things out and see where I stand.  I was really wild off the tee which is pretty normal for me, but I need to get that more into the acceptable zone, and I had the hooks with my irons, but overall, I was pretty pleased with the way that I hit the ball.  I had one pleasant surprise though.  I have gained about 15 yards on every club, and I am not joking at all.  I was out driving a scratch golfer in his mid twenties who played hockey in college.  I think all of the basketball in the winter for my high school has really gotten me stronger.  If I can just dial in my accuracy, this is going to be a fun season!

Driver:  Taylormade 2017 M2 9.5 degree head played at 8 degrees.  Fujikura speeder evolution tour spec x flex shaft tipped 1/4 inch.  

3-Wood: 15 degree M2 tour.  Fujikura pro 73 tour spec X flex shaft.  

Mizuno H5 2 iron.

4 iron: mizuno mp h4 4 iron dynamic gold s300

5-pw iron: mizuno mp 54 dynamic gold s300

52, 56, 60 wedges: cleveland 588 rotex cavity

putter: 34 inch nike method 00 half circle mallet putter

Started off horrible with a 50 on the front, followed by a 42 on the back. I had 3 GIRs on the back with a 40 ft Birdie putt on #14. I finished with a par on 18. My skin held so I won $23 after paying $20 to get in the game. I was nailing my SCORs today. The more I game the SCORs the more I Like them.