TESTERS WANTED! ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

Played yesterday. Started off even through 7. Bogey on 8 and double on 9. Finished with 39 on the front so I was happy. But then it snowballed, triple on 10 followed by another double on 11. I was able to pick up two more birdies to finish with a 44 on the back for an 83. Another shot at breaking 80 gone by the wayside but I feel it will happen soon.

Driver -  :taylormade-small: M1 9.5* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Fairway -   :taylormade-small: M1 5W 19* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Hybrids -   :ping-small: G25 4H 23*

Irons -  :mizuno-small: JPX 850 Forged 4-PW w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Wedges - :mizuno-small: S5 50*07, 54*12, 58*12 w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Putter - Oddyssey Metal-X #7 w/ SuperStroke Pistol GT 2.0

Played 36 in Vegas on Monday at Paiute. Barely broke 100, but was playing the toughest tees on the hardest course by accident. Actually started playing really well on the second half of the last 18. Had about 4-5 pars, which is pretty awesome.

I think I only bombed two drives around 250, and ended up hitting most under 215 which is pathetic for me.

Driver:   :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 12 Degree

Wood: :callaway-small:  GBB 3 Wood
Hybrid: :callaway-small: Razr 4 hybriid stiff stock shaft.
Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright
Wedges: :vokey-small: 52° 56° and 60°.
All grips are Golf pride grips midsized
Putter (lefty):  Odyssey Metal-X #8 34", stock shaft bent 2° Superstroke grip
Golf Balls:   :titelist-small: 2018-9 Pro-V1x and Prov1s
Shoes:  :footjoy-small:  Dryjoy tours

My wife and I played our practice course after work today. I love it now that DST is here and it was 73 today and sunny. Perfect... Except that it seemed that I was constantly needing a 9-iron. Of course, those of you that read my thread 70Yard SCOR know that yesterday the head came off my SCOR 42 which is my 9. Well, it gave me a chance to play some different shots with different clubs. That's worth trying sometime. Pretend you're Seve!

BTW, the 42 is fixed!!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Played a rain shortened 14 holes today. No missed fairways, 9 GIRs 2 over at World Woods Pine Barrens which is a top 50 course you can play and top 100 course in overall rankings in America. It was wet so there was no roll but honestly that made the course play a bit easier.

12 pars, 2 bogeys, very boring day. I like boring.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Played yesterday and had a great day - if you're following that other thread this means that I had fun and shot a good score.  I had fun because I played with my son, one of my college roomates and we picked up a great guy as a fourth.  We were playing a course on MacDill Airforce base and this guy was retired Navy so he and my son had a blast - they also hit it a mile all over the place together.  Sadly for both of them the course required great precision - I'm sure that they went through 2 dozen balls (in my son's case mostly mine) between the two of them.

As for the course they've recently redone the greens and re-sodded the fairways.  It was in great shape and its a course that has won awards as top military base course in the past so they've done an outstanding job of allowing it to shine.  It's also a doozy in regards to forcing you to be strategic or perish.  There's only one hole on the back where water doesn't come into play - there's water on that hole it just shouldn't come into play (I'm guessing it still does but it really shouldn't.)  Every other hole on that back is a potential round killer - actually starting with 8 every hole is a potential round killer where you better think about what you're doing first! 

Since I haven't played there for a few years I noticed that I've accomplished a goal in becoming more strategically aggressive - I never backed off of driver and chose the right line with it over or away from water/nasty fairway bunkers/ob. every time.  That led to a couple of extra short irons than I've had there in the past which led to more birdie chances, but only 2 birdies - still no stress pars are nice.  I hit 12 greens which means that my offseason desire to improve the mid game - 140 - 180 bore some fruit - even my misses in that range were good - with one exception - but I was able to make bogey as I did off of my one poor tee shot.

So having avoided penalty strokes (only one shot even close) and hitting it closer to the pin (not always on the green but clearly closer to the pin) with my 7 - 4 hybrid - I had 2 birdies, 3 bogeys and 13 pars for a 73.

I will say that I'm very happy with my Paderson shaft.  I have great control of the driver right now.  I don't believe that my longest drives are longer than my longest drives before but I have way more drives at the top end of my driving capability and way, way, way fewer miss hits.  Best of all because it reduces spin my preferred miss hit - the over hook - straightens out and rolls like a banshee so that I get close to my normal distance off it.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Played today. Solid 20mph wind. 45-38 for an 83. One of these days I'll put two good 9s together in the same round. Ball striking wasn't very good with my irons. My driver and 3W continue to impress me. Still loving the SCORs and Ketsch. Just gotta get back into practicing. It shows when I don't get to the range for two weeks.

Highlight of the day goes to my playing partner. He hit a good drive on the par 5 #17. Hit a hybrid for his second shot which ended up in the left greenside bunker. His first bunker shot hit the grass above the lip and rolled back to his feet. He caught his second bunker shot clean and sent it into the right green side bunker. He cussed himself as he made the walk of shame across the green. He then proceeded to hole his third bunker shot for a par. Moral of the story is never give up.

Played Monday and Tuesday... Shot 88 and 93... 88 should have been a lot lower but the putter has been really off, mostly due to changing green speed. the 93 was due to a combination of poor putting, iron work and playing the par 3's like trash. 

On the plus side, found an iron thought process that has simplified and also allowed me to get a feel for the irons. It's about time, but what's really good is that it's a pretty simple thought, so I don't have a lot of thinking going on when swinging.

Driver:   :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 12 Degree

Wood: :callaway-small:  GBB 3 Wood
Hybrid: :callaway-small: Razr 4 hybriid stiff stock shaft.
Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright
Wedges: :vokey-small: 52° 56° and 60°.
All grips are Golf pride grips midsized
Putter (lefty):  Odyssey Metal-X #8 34", stock shaft bent 2° Superstroke grip
Golf Balls:   :titelist-small: 2018-9 Pro-V1x and Prov1s
Shoes:  :footjoy-small:  Dryjoy tours

Played 9 yesterday at The Fairways at Twin Lakes. Shot a 45, which was OK since I've got tennis elbow in my left arm.

It didn't show up in any air swings, but holding the club and swinging is another matter. Time to get the strap out guess.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Course was crowded and windy, so I basically jumped around the holes and played a practice round Saturday, since we're going to have another chilly (possibly snowy) week coming up I just wanted to get in as much play as I could.

I was REALLY pleased with my putting and the Paderson shaft in the driver is allowing me to clear some hazards I was laying up on last season.  I'm going to have to get used to the distances with the new graphite shafts in my irons, as I managed to overshoot the greens a LOT.  The range doesn't have distance markers up yet, so I'm basically guessing what club to use right now.  The irons are definitely longer and higher than they were with the steel Rifle S3 shafts.

The one change I made in my bag I'm not happy with is putting a graphite shaft in my sand wedge, as it just doesn't have the right feel for bunkers and chipping anymore.  I think I'll be putting the steel back in it this week.

What's In the Bag

Driver - :callaway-small: GBB 

Hybrids  :cleveland-small: Halo XL Halo 18* & :cobra-small: T-Rail 20*

Irons  :cobra-small: T-Rail 2.0

Wedges :ping-small: 60* TS / SCOR 48* 53* 58*

Putter     :scotty-small:

Ball :callaway-logo-1:

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

Was a pretty decent day all in all. Misting and light sprinkling kept most people away. Got to Shadowglen about an hour and twenty minutes early to get a little extra time on the range as well as the practice green to get a feel for my new Rife putter. 

Was told 90% had cancelled and I was free to go off whenever I was ready. So with a rare opportunity to play alone and not worry about anyone coming up behind me, I made this a great training and practice opportunity for myself. 

With the exception of off the tee, anytime I made a bad shot and KNEW what I had done wrong, I dropped another until i hit the right shot. Normally this was only one ball. I found it a great confidence builder to be able to troubleshoot my own swing and be fairly accurate in what I thought i did wrong. 

Also tried a one month membership to all the bells and whistles my golf app has. So I found that my club ranges at the range and on the course were vastly different. So it was nice to see what my gametime distances are on my clubs. 

On a very positive note: I have my ability to pitch or hit flop shots under 50 yards. I was about 58 yards from the green and 10 yards above the green height. As i have normally done, I grabbed my trusty 7 iron for a nice chip shot. I ran a little hot and rolled it 40 feet past the hole. As I began to get back in the cart, I figured I would use my training opportunity to try my pitch shot. I placed a ball near where my last sat. Grabbed the Cleveland 56 and set up like I had just seen Bubba do in a video I had watched. Opened my stance and the clubface and took a swing. I am a horrid judge of ball flight when I hit shots like that. I was sure I flew the green. Yet the ball hit like a lawn dart, 18 inches from the hole and rolled 4 inches towards.  That shot alone was enough to keep a smile on my face the rest of the day. 

pics 007.jpg

This is the SMALL footbridge going to the 18th green. Baby Swilken?

As far as score. When you count the good shots where I corrected my known mistakes, I shot 2 birdies, 5 pars. We will not discuss the bogies, doubles, triples and one at 4 over par. 

The other score i keep when I go out is my ball over/under. that is how many balls I lose compared to how many I find while searching for mine. So yesterday, i finished my ball count at 5 over - finding 5 more than I lost. 

Driver:  :nike-small:  Nike Covert 2.0 Tour KK 70g Stiff

Fairway Wood: :nike-small: Nike Covert 2.0 Tour KK 60g Stiff
Hybrids:   :nike-small: Nike Covert 2.0 Tour KK Stiff

Irons:    :taylormade-small: R-11s KBS Stiff. 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:  Cleveland 588 Rotax  56*

Some no name 60* I got at Goodwill for $5

Putter::  :ping-small: MGS Ketsch Special Edition   

Ball: :bridgestone-small: :e7, normally. If not, whatever I found while looking for mine in the Tall Grass
Bag :Birdies for the Brave Org.14 Desert Camo 

Shoes : Oakley Cipher 2

Addidas Adizero One Wd

Nike Lunar Control

6 other pair "just in case"

Founder: Texas BBQ Curtain (according to Jdiddyesquire)

Favorite #TOURSAUCE Move:  signing a ball and tossing it to a non existent fan as I walk back to cart. 

So happy to check in and see that you guys are getting out to play. Clearly spring has sprung. I'm playing tomorrow but then may have to take a couple of weeks off because my wife is having surgery on Thursday.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Course was crowded and windy, so I basically jumped around the holes and played a practice round Saturday, since we're going to have another chilly (possibly snowy) week coming up I just wanted to get in as much play as I could.

I was REALLY pleased with my putting and the Paderson shaft in the driver is allowing me to clear some hazards I was laying up on last season.  I'm going to have to get used to the distances with the new graphite shafts in my irons, as I managed to overshoot the greens a LOT.  The range doesn't have distance markers up yet, so I'm basically guessing what club to use right now.  The irons are definitely longer and higher than they were with the steel Rifle S3 shafts.

The one change I made in my bag I'm not happy with is putting a graphite shaft in my sand wedge, as it just doesn't have the right feel for bunkers and chipping anymore.  I think I'll be putting the steel back in it this week.

Don't give up on the graphite out of the sand too quickly. I currently have steel in my 60 and graphite in everything else. I have no issues hitting the 53 out of a greenside bunker. My basic sand swing with the 60 flies 20 feet, make the same swing with the 53 and it flies 30 feet, run out depends on the surface where the ball lands but generally speaking the 53 is running out double for 60 feet and the 60 runs out 10 feet for 30 feet. I make swing or club face adjustments based on that. It works great. It just took a little practice and some on course success for the confidence to build.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Was a pretty decent day all in all. Misting and light sprinkling kept most people away. Got to Shadowglen about an hour and twenty minutes early to get a little extra time on the range as well as the practice green to get a feel for my new Rife putter. 

Was told 90% had cancelled and I was free to go off whenever I was ready. So with a rare opportunity to play alone and not worry about anyone coming up behind me, I made this a great training and practice opportunity for myself. 

With the exception of off the tee, anytime I made a bad shot and KNEW what I had done wrong, I dropped another until i hit the right shot. Normally this was only one ball. I found it a great confidence builder to be able to troubleshoot my own swing and be fairly accurate in what I thought i did wrong. 

Also tried a one month membership to all the bells and whistles my golf app has. So I found that my club ranges at the range and on the course were vastly different. So it was nice to see what my gametime distances are on my clubs. 

On a very positive note: I have my ability to pitch or hit flop shots under 50 yards. I was about 58 yards from the green and 10 yards above the green height. As i have normally done, I grabbed my trusty 7 iron for a nice chip shot. I ran a little hot and rolled it 40 feet past the hole. As I began to get back in the cart, I figured I would use my training opportunity to try my pitch shot. I placed a ball near where my last sat. Grabbed the Cleveland 56 and set up like I had just seen Bubba do in a video I had watched. Opened my stance and the clubface and took a swing. I am a horrid judge of ball flight when I hit shots like that. I was sure I flew the green. Yet the ball hit like a lawn dart, 18 inches from the hole and rolled 4 inches towards.  That shot alone was enough to keep a smile on my face the rest of the day. 

attachicon.gifpics 007.jpg

This is the SMALL footbridge going to the 18th green. Baby Swilken?

As far as score. When you count the good shots where I corrected my known mistakes, I shot 2 birdies, 5 pars. We will not discuss the bogies, doubles, triples and one at 4 over par. 

The other score i keep when I go out is my ball over/under. that is how many balls I lose compared to how many I find while searching for mine. So yesterday, i finished my ball count at 5 over - finding 5 more than I lost. 

Good job!  This sounds like one of my rounds on my practice course.  Certain times of the day, there is no one on the course and I head out to practice certain types of shots at locations where my ball usually ends up.  I did that yesterday.  It rained hard for about an hour, but I could see that it was clearing up so out I went.  Absolutely no one at the course.  I've been practicing FW and hybrid shots so I will hit a couple of shots when I got to those locations; one FW and one hybrid.  My conclusion is that there is not much difference between a 5W and a 3H except the 5W flies higher.  I've got a couple more clubs to try next time.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Don't give up on the graphite out of the sand too quickly. I currently have steel in my 60 and graphite in everything else. I have no issues hitting the 53 out of a greenside bunker. My basic sand swing with the 60 flies 20 feet, make the same swing with the 53 and it flies 30 feet, run out depends on the surface where the ball lands but generally speaking the 53 is running out double for 60 feet and the 60 runs out 10 feet for 30 feet. I make swing or club face adjustments based on that. It works great. It just took a little practice and some on course success for the confidence to build.

Just snagged an Edel 55* with a steel shaft off eBay.  I can leave the graphite in my Nike 56* and work with both wedges for awhile.  As my 4 iron distance appears to be close to my 3 hybrid now, I might just keep both wedges in the bag - lol

What's In the Bag

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

Still not scoring very well, with our two day points tourney next weekend.  Seemd like every time i hit a good shot, I would follow up with a lousy one. Shot 48/46=94.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Still not scoring very well, with our two day points tourney next weekend.  Seemd like every time i hit a good shot, I would follow up with a lousy one. Shot 48/46=94.

Wish I had that kind of day every day. My average is about 6 strokes more. 

Ball: :bridgestone-small: :e7, normally. If not, whatever I found while looking for mine in the Tall Grass

Addidas Adizero One Wd

Nike Lunar Control

Favorite #TOURSAUCE Move:  signing a ball and tossing it to a non existent fan as I walk back to cart. 

Played absolutely abysmal today. At least it felt that way. Hit my irons terrible. Driver was great, wedges were decent, putter was pretty bad. Shot a 41-44 for an 85. 2 birdies, 4 doubles, and 1 triple. Frustrating.

Was going through my pics and vids from yesterday. Had forgotten all about this one. First par five of course. Second shot, three wood at 263 yards. Push it out right as is common for my three wood. Up over the mounds and out of view. This was the first hint my day wasn't going to go as expected.

IMG_2034.JPG

Needless to say, i decided NOT to try this shot. Dropped a clubs length out and went from there.

Addidas Adizero One Wd

Nike Lunar Control

Played absolutely abysmal today. At least it felt that way. Hit my irons terrible. Driver was great, wedges were decent, putter was pretty bad. Shot a 41-44 for an 85. 2 birdies, 4 doubles, and 1 triple. Frustrating.

If you don't want that 85, can I have it? ;)

What's In the Bag

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

Yesterday was my second round of 2015 and second in over six months. It definitely had potential, but I was over reading putts. The over reading started on hole #1 with my first lip-out of the day (twelve foot birdie putt)'and didn't end until the 15th hole where I finally played half the break I was reading (5 foot birdie putt). I hit 9/14 fairways (6/11 with driver) 13/18 GIR, zero penalties, was in the sand twice and get up and down both times. All lead to a "oh what might have been" 2 birdie and 4 bogey 74.

It's early. Give it a few weeks.

There is no spoon.

WITB
TaylorMade M3
Callaway Diablo 15°
Callaway Diablo 18°
Callaway Steelhead XR Pro 4-W
Mizuno TP-4 50, 54, 58
TaylorMade Rossa Monza Spyder

It's early. Give it a few weeks.

Yeah then you can be super frustrated. :)

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Well, I woke up very dizzy this morning, had taken the day off to run the Tuesday game for a friend at Babe Zaharias (5500 yds for Seniors). My Buddy Bob picked me up at 6:30 so I didn't have to drive. We had 24 players (pretty good showing).

I was having a horrible time keeping everything from spinning. My guess is this is due to the extreme amount of pollen in the air and my allergies. I guess I must have focused harder, because I shot a 43/42=85. No Birdies, but a lot of up and downs. I also had a CTP on the Par 3 #8......but missed the downhill putt. The SCORs are really working. I am able to adjust 5 or 10 yards by simply moving my grip and taking the same 3/4 swing. Really worked the 54 & 57 wedges today.

This course, being considerably shorter than my normal Saturday game, allows me to focus on different irons. I was hitting Driver then 7 or 8 or PW to the Green. I enjoy playing it.

Next up is our semi-annual Two Day Points Tournament. Should be 44 players.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Didn't play so hot but goal number 1 of having fun was accomplished. Played with Damon, we both had solid 37s on the front but that's where it ended for me until 17. I hit two drives with 5 wood that went 5 yards too far, actually 15 yards than I would normally hit the ball, one lead to double and the other x.

Damon shot 75, if I give myself double instead of x I shot 78. Not so hot....

Time to hit the practice green because my short game was not so hot. Damon hit it well and putted it better. I drove it well and hit some nice shots but those two holes and a couple of inexplicable shots in between them were just ugly.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Got out for the first round of the year with Jason today. Had a great time! Even had a birdie

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

Got out for the first round of the year with Jason today. Had a great time! Even had a birdie

Weather was perfect. I had a couple birdies too. Not bad for the first time out. Lots of improving to do.

Driver - Tour Edge Exotics XCG 7 Beta w/ Paderson shaft 44"

Fairway Metal - :nike-small: Vapor Fly 15* w/ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue 65F 43"

Irons - :taylormade-small: SLDR 4i-pw w/ KBS Tour C-Taper 90S

Wedges - :edel-golf-1: 54* and 58* Digger grind

Putter - :scotty-cameron-1: 2015 GoLo 3 33"

I need help, but I don't think they have help for players like me, I played 2 rounds over the weekend, Friday 84, Saturday 87, totals 25 of 28 fairways, and 2 of the ones I missed were good tee shots, one was just off the fairway, and the other ran through the fairway, the only other fairway I missed I managed to par from the trees. Those are really good numbers, I hit 6 out of 36 greens, most were from 150 or closer in the middle of the fairway. Putting was normal, probably 80 putts total, 40 in each round, mostly 2 putts, with a few 3 putts mixed in, I did manage 1 birdie, I chipped in on hole number 2 on Saturday. I simply cannot hit an iron shot right now, and my putting seems to get worse with every stroke.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

It's really been windy this weekend, with 25+ mph, so scoring is tough.  Still need to figure out distances with new shafts in the irons, but it's SO nice to be finally be hitting off the turf outside I don't really care ;)

What's In the Bag

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

It's really been windy this weekend, with 25+ mph, so scoring is tough.  Still need to figure out distances with new shafts in the irons, but it's SO nice to be finally be hitting off the turf outside I don't really care ;)

If the weather here is any indication of what you will be getting soon, then you are in for some great playing time this next week!  We had some wind Fri-Sat that was what you probably got this weekend too.  Yesterday was a little breezy, but not bad.  I had 2 birds; one a one hop pitch-in with my 58 SCOR, and a 30 foot putt.  

The forecast is sunny for the next 7 days and highs pushing 80 degrees!!  Hope it gets there soon... I'm enjoying it!!!

Played hooky today and got in a round at Bluebonnet with jdiddyesquire. Rain last night made the course a little slower than normal.

Winds were a mild factor too. We both were playing to our handicaps, hitting some missing others.

By far, the shot of the day was on 15:

Dogleg left, uphill, green hidden from teebox by trees and bushes. I hit my standard, slice and landed about 115 out from green. Jdiddyesquire proceeds to pull out a 5 wood, takes aim at a green he has never seen and rips it. Ball shoots out like a lazer and winds through trees, landing in the greenside bunker at about 240. After hitting my second, I head to the green where J is already in the bunker. Then like Bubba at the HSBC last year, J blasts out of the sand and rolls it 14 yards to drop in the cup like it was under remote control.

It was beautiful.

On my side of the card, played mostly bogey golf today. My only highlights being a solitary 308 yrd drive and a birdy on 18 after sticking my 2nd shot 18 inches out from the pin.

Overall a pretty nice day.

Addidas Adizero One Wd

Nike Lunar Control