TESTERS WANTED! ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

Played today after playing well and it was a polar opposite of Saturday's round. Got off the tee very well, hit one drive a GPS verified and wind aided 320 yards. I was within 25 yards of two par 4 greens off the tee. Couldn't chip worth a crap though and my putter was like holding a snake today. Ended up shooting an 81 but with how I got off the tee should've been at worst a 75. I had wedges into a lot of greens. It was kind of pathetic

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

Got out in my galoshes today. Played a little nine hole course up in Taylor. With my recent issues driving off the tee, I started the day leaving my Driver in the bag. played my 3 off the tee most of the day today. Cart path only, and another storm fron on the way had me thinking i would have most of the course to myself. WRONG. Everyone was trying, like me, to get in as many holes as possible before the rain. 

Ended up getting paired with a father and son playing best ball. Nice people and very encouraging. Am really beginning to enjoy my 3 wood which used to give me fits. Was convinced to pull the driver twice. Samurai Sliced the hell out of the first one, and pulled a rabbit out on the second (both on par 5s) knocking it a little over 250 and in the middle. 

My short game is atrocious right now. My pitching is nonexistent. Found myself reverting to chipping shots that most would pitch. Also pulled the Rife putter from my bag and putting the Rossa back in. Much better results. 

Also this was first game played with the Game Golf Hardware. Really liked it. Didnt tag two shots during the round. Computer showed them to me and it was very obvious what clubs were used for the shots. All in all, a pretty decent round, for me. One birdie, three pars, 2-singles, 2-doubles, and a triple.

Driver:  :nike-small:  Nike Covert 2.0 Tour KK 70g Stiff

Fairway Wood: :nike-small: Nike Covert 2.0 Tour KK 60g Stiff
Hybrids:   :nike-small: Nike Covert 2.0 Tour KK Stiff

Irons:    :taylormade-small: R-11s KBS Stiff. 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:  Cleveland 588 Rotax  56*

Some no name 60* I got at Goodwill for $5

Putter::  :ping-small: MGS Ketsch Special Edition   

Ball: :bridgestone-small: :e7, normally. If not, whatever I found while looking for mine in the Tall Grass
Bag :Birdies for the Brave Org.14 Desert Camo 

Shoes : Oakley Cipher 2

Addidas Adizero One Wd

Nike Lunar Control

6 other pair "just in case"

Founder: Texas BBQ Curtain (according to Jdiddyesquire)

Favorite #TOURSAUCE Move:  signing a ball and tossing it to a non existent fan as I walk back to cart. 

Got out in my galoshes today. Played a little nine hole course up in Taylor. With my recent issues driving off the tee, I started the day leaving my Driver in the bag. played my 3 off the tee most of the day today. Cart path only, and another storm fron on the way had me thinking i would have most of the course to myself. WRONG. Everyone was trying, like me, to get in as many holes as possible before the rain. 

Ended up getting paired with a father and son playing best ball. Nice people and very encouraging. Am really beginning to enjoy my 3 wood which used to give me fits. Was convinced to pull the driver twice. Samurai Sliced the hell out of the first one, and pulled a rabbit out on the second (both on par 5s) knocking it a little over 250 and in the middle. 

My short game is atrocious right now. My pitching is nonexistent. Found myself reverting to chipping shots that most would pitch. Also pulled the Rife putter from my bag and putting the Rossa back in. Much better results. 

Also this was first game played with the Game Golf Hardware. Really liked it. Didnt tag two shots during the round. Computer showed them to me and it was very obvious what clubs were used for the shots. All in all, a pretty decent round, for me. One birdie, three pars, 2-singles, 2-doubles, and a triple.

Good job! Playing in wet conditions is no fun. Even though I am in the desert, I play in wet conditions sometimes when I travel. It's a different game. Don't fuss about the pitching, just need practice in those conditions.

"I'd keep playing. I don't think the heavy stuff is going to come down for awhile yet."

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Had a Memorial Day Points game today with 15 players. I could not get off the tee, but my irons we're golden. Shot a 93 today even though it was difficult. My left ankle was shooting pains every time I hit the ball. It was difficult to walk. I ended up taking a hydro condone on the back nine...by the 15th hole I really didn't care....LOL

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Had a Memorial Day Points game today with 15 players. I could not get off the tee, but my irons we're golden. Shot a 93 today even though it was difficult. My left ankle was shooting pains every time I hit the ball. It was difficult to walk. I ended up taking a hydro condone on the back nine...by the 15th hole I really didn't care....LOL

Tough playing with pain, I know! If I'm playing 18, I take hydrocodone about 15 minutes before I tee off, and sometimes another one coming off the 8th green so it kicks in for the back nine. I find it's a lot better to take it WHILE playing, than after to ease the pain!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Tough playing with pain, I know! If I'm playing 18, I take hydrocodone about 15 minutes before I tee off, and sometimes another one coming off the 8th green so it kicks in for the back nine. I find it's a lot better to take it WHILE playing, than after to ease the pain!

Personally I prefer a shot of Macallans 18 year old at both of those points. Works just as well and tastes much better. :)

Foz and I tried that last winter. It worked nicely.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Personally I prefer a shot of Macallans 18 year old at both of those points. Works just as well and tastes much better. :)

I didn't say that it was the ONLY thing I took for pain! ;)

Got to get out and play Sunday morning. Shot 89 so going in the right direction finally. Got my driver in play with only one real wild tee shot. I need new wedges and irons but have to save up for those so doing what I can what what I have for now.

Driver - Tour Edge Exotics XCG 7 Beta w/ Paderson shaft 44"

Fairway Metal - :nike-small: Vapor Fly 15* w/ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue 65F 43"

Irons - :taylormade-small: SLDR 4i-pw w/ KBS Tour C-Taper 90S

Wedges - :edel-golf-1: 54* and 58* Digger grind

Putter - :scotty-cameron-1: 2015 GoLo 3 33"

Played Saturday. Hit 1 fairway. Considering I was playing from the wet rough all day, an 83 wasn't as bad as it could have been.

Gotta figure out how to get off the tee box.

There is no spoon.

WITB
TaylorMade M3
Callaway Diablo 15°
Callaway Diablo 18°
Callaway Steelhead XR Pro 4-W
Mizuno TP-4 50, 54, 58
TaylorMade Rossa Monza Spyder

79 on Monday, 2 doubles, and missed a couple if short putts as well, but I am putting much better, could have been much better than 79, but that's why I am a 7 hcp. If a 2 hcp would have played my shots today, he would have probably shot 70, all in all it was a pretty good round.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

Thanks guys, I also have a flask of Wild Turkey's "American Honey Sting".....that's smooth bourbon with ghost peppers for a nice bite.

Today, my ankle feels fine....wth?

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Thanks guys, I also have a flask of Wild Turkey's "American Honey Sting".....that's smooth bourbon with ghost peppers for a nice bite.

Today, my ankle feels fine....wth?

Haven't tried the yet Foz but I love the regular American Honey. Great stuff.

Driver -  :taylormade-small: M1 9.5* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Fairway -   :taylormade-small: M1 5W 19* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Hybrids -   :ping-small: G25 4H 23*

Irons -  :mizuno-small: JPX 850 Forged 4-PW w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Wedges - :mizuno-small: S5 50*07, 54*12, 58*12 w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Putter - Oddyssey Metal-X #7 w/ SuperStroke Pistol GT 2.0

3 less than the last round, driving better and overall better contact.

Greens still "holey" from the aeroation...  Lumpy, bumpy and anything over a tap in is lucky.

Hit my 3 wood like a beast on the range, but still "beastly" on the course"...

MAYBE figured out the stance and "eye on the ball for the 3 wood on the range after the round.

Will find out if that's the case tomorrow.

Different course and the range is closed for construction, so no "warm up," but the greens should be in better shape!

What's In the Bag

Driver - :callaway-small: GBB 

Hybrids  :cleveland-small: Halo XL Halo 18* & :cobra-small: T-Rail 20*

Irons  :cobra-small: T-Rail 2.0

Wedges :ping-small: 60* TS / SCOR 48* 53* 58*

Putter     :scotty-small:

Ball :callaway-logo-1:

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

Haven't tried the yet Foz but I love the regular American Honey. Great stuff.

That's my choice beverage. I catch it on sale every once in awhile. Goes great with lemonade. I have the next 5 days off, have a buddies wedding in Mississippi and were playing one round. Going from the desert to the soggy south is going to be very interesting. Haven't played a wet course in probably close to a year.

Driver:   :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 12 Degree

Wood: :callaway-small:  GBB 3 Wood
Hybrid: :callaway-small: Razr 4 hybriid stiff stock shaft.
Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright
Wedges: :vokey-small: 52° 56° and 60°.
All grips are Golf pride grips midsized
Putter (lefty):  Odyssey Metal-X #8 34", stock shaft bent 2° Superstroke grip
Golf Balls:   :titelist-small: 2018-9 Pro-V1x and Prov1s
Shoes:  :footjoy-small:  Dryjoy tours

Got out again today. Wasn't my best round. 92. It was on a course that I had never played before and the first few holes should have probably just been called swamps with the rain the course got last night. My driver is still in play which is a huge improvement over the last few years. REALLY enjoying the Padderson shaft. Somehow though I would just miss the fairway and would be directly behind a tree and had to chip out into the fairway for a shot. This happened no less than 6 times. I've never had that happen. It got to the point where it was the running joke for the day. That and some tough 3 putts. Get rid of those and Im where I'd like to be this season. JUST KEEP GRINDING.

Driver - Tour Edge Exotics XCG 7 Beta w/ Paderson shaft 44"

Fairway Metal - :nike-small: Vapor Fly 15* w/ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue 65F 43"

Irons - :taylormade-small: SLDR 4i-pw w/ KBS Tour C-Taper 90S

Wedges - :edel-golf-1: 54* and 58* Digger grind

Putter - :scotty-cameron-1: 2015 GoLo 3 33"

Well, I was certainly wrong about the greens being "better" at the course we played today.  Plus, the reconstruction on the course isn't really completed on the 9 they remodeled last year.  Some of the holes between tee and green are basically "ground under repair" and their cart GPS may still be setup for the "old course."

We gave up even bothering to keep score after a few holes and just enjoyed a sunny day on a golf course - lol

We agreed to get together again next week, although it will definitely be a diferent course ;)

What's In the Bag

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

Well, I was certainly wrong about the greens being "better" at the course we played today.  Plus, the reconstruction on the course isn't really completed on the 9 they remodeled last year.  Some of the holes between tee and green are basically "ground under repair" and their cart GPS may still be setup for the "old course."

We gave up even bothering to keep score after a few holes and just enjoyed a sunny day on a golf course - lol

We agreed to get together again next week, although it will definitely be a diferent course ;)

Our practice 9-holer is a bit rough at times depending on the weather and the all volunteer grounds crew. The pro who owns and runs the place does not mark "ground under repair" so we have a new designation the we use in certain spots: "ground needing repair" which is basically ground that you would not see at any other golf course in the area and can be designated by anyone at any time. :)

Hit 12 greens today and shot 77. The pro told me the greens were running 13, I believe it, really, really tough on those undulating Fazio greens. I made a couple but three putted three times also. They shut the greens down Monday for the redo. Can't wait, restoring them to their original size with new grass (same as TPC Tampa and Pinehurst 2).

The ridiculous thing is that they are holding beautifully despite their firmness and speed. Kudos to Srixon is all I can say.

My handicap index will be 4.0 the next revision unless I get another round in.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

No golf for me for the next 2 weeks. Dealing with drying out the basement again, a surprise 60th birthday party today, work tomorrow and I'll be in Chicago next weekend for a truck meet.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Our practice 9-holer is a bit rough at times depending on the weather and the all volunteer grounds crew. The pro who owns and runs the place does not mark "ground under repair" so we have a new designation the we use in certain spots: "ground needing repair" which is basically ground that you would not see at any other golf course in the area and can be designated by anyone at any time. :)

That's definitely the case at the two courses I've played the most this year.  Unfortunately, that's not nearly as much play as I'd anticipated for this time of the year.

I don't want to complain about the weather too much, we've not suffered the disasters of floods and tornadoes others have, but we're certainly not getting good "golf" weather very often and the courses really show it.

What's In the Bag

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

That's definitely the case at the two courses I've played the most this year. Unfortunately, that's not nearly as much play as I'd anticipated for this time of the year.

I don't want to complain about the weather too much, we've not suffered the disasters of floods and tornadoes others have, but we're certainly not getting good "golf" weather very often and the courses really show it.

I do feel sorry for those around the country with tornados, floods, rain, lack of rain... Our weather if fairly predictable, and not too severe most of the time. We do get the occasional volcano eruption, but I'll take that every hundred years over a tornado. :)

Unfortunately, my practice course conditions are not weather related. The pro and owner only does enough to keep it relatively nice looking, but the fairways end up being more like every other course's rough, and the greens are very slow. He likes to keep the grass long in the summer because he has minimal well water to irrigate with. The space between fairways is dirt, weeds and rocks that he just keeps mowed enough so you can find your ball! I have tried playing from there and it's a great way to ruin clubs, so I don't anymore. No other course has anything like this, so I use a "foot wedge". This is why I don't keep score there anymore.

It's OK for practicing everything except hitting off tight lies, bunkers (we have none) and putting. I can putt pretty well there,because I'm used to it, but I have to spend time practicing on other courses putting greens. Oh well! It is what it is... Cheap to play!!

Played this morning at my club and shot an up and down 75 with two disastrous doubles....both with wedge in my hand. Put the Odyssey ProType Black #9 in the bag a week ago and have been just rolling it great. Putting just saved me today.

WITB 2024

Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60g 6.5

M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Sim Ti 22* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Sim2 Rescue 22* Diamana Thump 100x

X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Z Star Diamond

well, 84 today, missed 7 putts inside 5 feet, 5 of the 7 were inside 3 1/2 feet. played well, putted horrible. felt good putting, just missed the starting line on the putts, and couldn't figure out the speed.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

Scores are beginning to come down...posted a 44/41=85 yesterday. Lost one to the lake on the #1 handicap hole as my layup was longer than I anticipated. I was getting 135 out of the 8 iron and 145-150 from the 7. The more I play the cobra Bio Cells with PX shafts, the more I like them. Irons were great yesterday, but am struggling with my drives still. Gamed the 3UP two piece ball again and really like how it feels. It seems to stop nicely when chipping from 100 yards or less.

Gamed the 3UP two piece ball again and really like how it feels. It seems to stop nicely when chipping from 100 yards or less.

Not for much longer though...  :(

What's In the Bag

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

81 on Thursday and 82 yesterday. Still teetering on the edge.

81 on Thursday and 82 yesterday. Still teetering on the edge.

Oh so close! I like the consistency. All it takes is just a couple more good shots (or a couple less bad ones) over 18 holes and you're there! Once you get there, it's easier next time.

Well that was fun, I made three poor swings and missed a couple of putts for a tidy 83. At least that will help preserve my handicap. :)

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

I played a par 70 today that I haven't played before. 3 over after the front 9. 6 over through 16. Then the pop up thunderstorm ended the round. I'm starting to think there are many forces that don't want me to break 80.

I played Silverthorn in Spring Lake, FL.....45/42=86.......and finished with a 25 foot par putt on 18! I found my Driver again, and it was great. Got to a Par 5 in 2 shots (driver & 3 wood) then 3 putted for a par. It was a great day, playing with my friend and his wife. He and I had one birdie apiece while she scored two birdies! The more I play the Cobras, the more I like them.....they are giving me a very consistent shot.....and With the graphite shafts I have gained about 5 yards over the Dynalite steel shafts.