TESTERS WANTED! ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

Better than Tiger.

Tiger shot 85 - I shot 91  :P Went to the range and had figured out a few things. I realized my hands were behind the ball instead of in front. I also realized I was outof tempo with my driver. So once I got that fixed, I crossed over to the 10th hole on the course, no one was there, and decided to try out my swing. It is a par 5 510 yards dog leg left and than right. Hit a perfect drive with a slight fade to about 215-220 yards, pulled out the hybrid and hit a perfect high baby draw going straight at the flag. Walked over the bunker hill (green is blind and can't see it, only top of flag) and was on the green in 2 with about a 15 foot putt for eagle. Just missed the putt and birdied the hole. 

Called my brother and told him it was back, my swing was back. Went to go play a 9 with my son yesterday. Hole 1, the toughest hole on the course 393 yard par 4. Hit a low hook into the bunker. Hit a nice chip out to about 100 yards ( no way to go for the green in 2) and proceeded to chunk my ball into the pond. Finished with an 8. Here we go again! Go to number 2 par 3 about 145 yards but front pin location made it about 135. Hit the pin and birdied the 2nd. Yes so I thought. Proceeded to bring my mistakes with me the rest of the game. Very discouraged to say the least. 

Going to play a full round today with my brother and my 2 remaining uncles (who are 80 and 74 and can still hit a ball like you wouldn't believe). Hopefully they might have some advice. Can't go on like this.....

DRIVER:   :taylormade-small: Stealth 2, 9* Upright setting, Mitsubishi Kai' Li red, 60g Stiff flex, New grip coming

Woods:   image.png.b032bfa6bceb3d86677e537bac666ed6.png Sim Max 3 Wood, 15*, Fujikura Ventus 6 Blue 65g, Stiff flex, New grip coming

HYBRIDS:   :mizuno-small:    JPX 850 hybrid 19*, UST Proforce V2 85g, Stiff, New grip coming                                  

IRONS:      image.png.e097bd129e11b5c3535389554504a9e8.png    MP-20 HMB 4 iron, Project X LZ 6.5 shaft, Stiff+, Ping Midsize grip

JPX 919 Tour 5i-pw, Project X LZ 6.5 shafts, Stiff+,  Ping Midsize grips

WEDGES:    New Level Golf   50*, 55*, 60* M-Type Wedges with True Temper Elevate Tour X-Stiff flex,                                               New Level Midsize grips

PUTTER:    :ping-small:   Heppler Ketsch 35", Ping PP62 Pistol Grip

BALL:           :titleist-small:     Pro V1 (2021 + 2023 Versions)                                                                              

BAG:       image.png.21a67eec796936e08fafc83a822b0d7f.png  TM19 Select Plus Cart Bag 

Shoes:  Under Armour     HOVR Fade 2 SL Spikeless  Shoes

Tech: :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro Slope golf laser Rangefinder

Frogger Golf Towels, 4 more Yard blue/ yellow golf tees

At least have fun - that's the difference between us and Tiger or anyone else - at least we can still have fun even when we don't play well.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

At least have fun - that's the difference between us and Tiger or anyone else - at least we can still have fun even when we don't play well.

I have fun when I'm playing well. To see all the hard work I put into myself go down the drain is seriously disappointing and is no fun at all. I don't expect to hit everything well or make every putt, but I sure as hell don't intend to shoot 90's and quadruple bogeys the rest of the summer. I played all frickin' winter thinking my swing will be in shape when I got to the real course and it's worse. Just about to head out to the range again to try to fix these problems a.s.a.p.

DRIVER:   :taylormade-small: Stealth 2, 9* Upright setting, Mitsubishi Kai' Li red, 60g Stiff flex, New grip coming

Woods:   image.png.b032bfa6bceb3d86677e537bac666ed6.png Sim Max 3 Wood, 15*, Fujikura Ventus 6 Blue 65g, Stiff flex, New grip coming

HYBRIDS:   :mizuno-small:    JPX 850 hybrid 19*, UST Proforce V2 85g, Stiff, New grip coming                                  

IRONS:      image.png.e097bd129e11b5c3535389554504a9e8.png    MP-20 HMB 4 iron, Project X LZ 6.5 shaft, Stiff+, Ping Midsize grip

WEDGES:    New Level Golf   50*, 55*, 60* M-Type Wedges with True Temper Elevate Tour X-Stiff flex,                                               New Level Midsize grips

BAG:       image.png.21a67eec796936e08fafc83a822b0d7f.png  TM19 Select Plus Cart Bag 

Played a six and a half hour round at Bethpage Red this afternoon and well evening since I finished in the dark. Nothing better than using street lights in the parking lot for your aiming line into the 18th green. Finally got the driver figured out and missed one fairway today and that was by about two paces. Ended up posting 75 for the say with a 38/37 split. Should have been 73 since I made good bogeys on 17 and 18 in the dark.

WITB 2024

Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60g 6.5

M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Sim Ti 22* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Sim2 Rescue 22* Diamana Thump 100x

X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Z Star Diamond

Six and a half hours is crazy Jmike.  Kudos for your patience.  Think I would have walked off after 5 hours.  Good round though and as you say probably should have been a 73...

My Bag

Driver:  :ping-small: G25 Stiff shaft
3 Wood:  :mizuno-small: JPX 850 16 degree. Fujikara Orichi 65 gram stiff shaft
Hybrids: 3 & 4 :mizuno-small: JPX 850 Fujikara Orichi 65 gram regular shafts
Irons:  :mizuno-small: MP- H5 3 - 6 iron dynamic gold XP 115 gram stiff soft stepped
Irons:  :mizuno-small: MP 54 4 - PW dynamic gold S300
Wedges:   :mizuno-small: MP T4 52 degree,  :titelist-small: :vokey-small: 56 degree 10 degree bounce, :titelist-small: :vokey-small: 60 degree 10 degree bounce.
Putter:  :ping-small: ZB S

Evil prospers when good men do nothing.

Honorary member Texas BBQ Curtin Circa 2015 

Played yesterday at Troon North in Scottsdale though showers and heavy rain on and off. First two holes I lost 4 balls. My driver was giving me fits, mostly because I made a swing change on the range then lost the feel within 25 swings. Course was tight and a few holes ended up firing driver in the fairway only to watch it roll into trees and be gone.Ended up playing well on the back. Had a bunch of pars but couldn't putt real well because the greens were still bumpy from a 2 week old aeration. 

i'd go back there, but want to try out other courses in the area before teeing it up there again.

I liked Troon North, but that was a lot of years ago. There weren't too many houses there then. I expect there are plenty now.

If you want to try a nice course that is not very expensive, give Vistal GC on South Mountain a try. It's one of my favorites, the people that work there are very friendly, and the price is a lot cheaper than Troon. I've had some good rounds there.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Well I finally made it out for a round on Saturday. It's been 3 weeks since I last played because, as I posted in another thread, my Dad had a stroke at the end of April and I went to help my Mom care for him. He's doing well with rehab and getting some strength and coordination back in his right arm and leg, so I drove home on Friday.

Saturday I played with my wife and another couple in a charity scramble. I played like crap! Couldn't get off the tee, couldn't hit approach shots, couldn't putt. It was awful! "I shoulda stayed home and played with myself." It's a good thing my wife showed up. She had a stellar game. Playing from the chick tees, we used her drive almost every time. (The other couple are fairly new to the game, which is nice speak for not very good).

Here's the funny part... We get to #7 a 140 yard par 3, and there is a tent set up with a guy there wearing a Dixon shirt. Yeah, remember Dixon. They are one of the golf ball sellers named the the Acushnet lawsuit. The deal is for $10 you get a Dixon Earth ball and if you get an Ace, you win a trip to Vegas. If you put it on the green, you win a sleeve of Dixon balls. I've aced this hole twice in the last 10 years, but not this time. I got a sleeve of balls though, only one in our group! That birdie, and another on the par 4 #8 was the only help I gave to the team. BTW, we finished 3rd.

The poor Dixon kid. He had just applied for this job and has really no experience. I mentioned the Acushnet lawsuit against Dixon and others, and of course he new nothing about it. I wonder how long his job will last.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Felt like I played better today than yesterday but had the same score.  Hit my driver and 3 wood much better and have been working on an 8 iron chip shot around the greens that saved me a heap of shots today including a birdie on #15 that I chipped about 4 ft onto the green and it duly ran up the slope while taking the right to left break and fell into the middle of the cup.  Earned me a brand new Titleist which of course makes you want to come out and do it all again.  I've got to learn the old adage not to be so greedy when a bogey is better than a double and so on and hitting a 4 iron down the fairway is better than hitting a 3 wood into the bush, greedy, greedy, greedy :lol:

My Bag

Irons:  :mizuno-small: MP- H5 3 - 6 iron dynamic gold XP 115 gram stiff soft stepped
Wedges:   :mizuno-small: MP T4 52 degree,  :titelist-small: :vokey-small: 56 degree 10 degree bounce, :titelist-small: :vokey-small: 60 degree 10 degree bounce.

Six and a half hours is crazy Jmike.  Kudos for your patience.  Think I would have walked off after 5 hours.  Good round though and as you say probably should have been a 73...

Had a long weekend with work issues so I needed some time to relax and Bethpage is a great place to spend an afternoon. Having my iPad with me was a plus.

WITB 2024

Z Star Diamond

Inter club tournament match play, had to give the guy 9 stokes, I lost 4&3. It's very difficult to give that many strokes. I will say though, he was the best 14.8 hcp player I have ever seen. He missed 1 fairway the entire day. Don't know truly if he was a sandbagger, but his scoring range for the year was 87-95. With most scores being in 90 range. I looked at his ghin numbers again this morning, and there is magically a score of an 80 that wasn't there yesterday. He also shot 84 in the round.

My round, shot 39 on the front and was down 3 holes, I felt like I had to press on the back 9, so it got out of hand quickly, shot 44 on the back. 83, not bad but could have been much better, I learned some good lessons for tourney golf that I will be able to take with me for next time.

Still a bit frustrated.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

Inter club tournament match play, had to give the guy 9 stokes, I lost 4&3. It's very difficult to give that many strokes. I will say though, he was the best 14.8 hcp player I have ever seen. He missed 1 fairway the entire day. Don't know truly if he was a sandbagger, but his scoring range for the year was 87-95. With most scores being in 90 range. I looked at his ghin numbers again this morning, and there is magically a score of an 80 that wasn't there yesterday. He also shot 84 in the round.

My round, shot 39 on the front and was down 3 holes, I felt like I had to press on the back 9, so it got out of hand quickly, shot 44 on the back. 83, not bad but could have been much better, I learned some good lessons for tourney golf that I will be able to take with me for next time.

Still a bit frustrated.

That's definitely frustrating. Hard to say if he's sandbagging or not since he's not from your club. The 13 fairways, the 80, and even the 84 against you definitely throw up red flags. If it looks like a duck...

Driver -  :taylormade-small: M1 9.5* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Fairway -   :taylormade-small: M1 5W 19* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Hybrids -   :ping-small: G25 4H 23*

Irons -  :mizuno-small: JPX 850 Forged 4-PW w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Wedges - :mizuno-small: S5 50*07, 54*12, 58*12 w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Putter - Oddyssey Metal-X #7 w/ SuperStroke Pistol GT 2.0

Well 82 yesterday. Was happy to be striking the ball better with the irons and a little better with the driver but here are greens are not very nice for this time of year. Lots of 2-3 putts. The ball bounces to the hole and loses it's line. Sucks big time but I was just happy to be striking pretty good.

Supposed to rain here all week so will have to wait 'til Friday to go play

Played my first round in over 6 weeks today (maybe 8)- have hit about seventy five balls during those six weeks to practice. Boy was I rusty... Didn't help that my buddy told me we were to tee off at 3, when I got there at 2:15 he said lets go now. Okay. Cool

Started off with a cool Justin Rose shank in the pond right, followed by a half shank heel blade, I'm thinking oh dear this is going to be a long day... Front nine- 3 doubles, 2 bogeys 2 birdies 2 pars- 42, but I started to figure something out in the last three holes and was striking the ball very well. We tee off on ten and here comes the storm- Forty five minute hail and thunderstorm delay. The back nine was totally different as I continued figuring something out and started with three straight birdies- back nine total- 5 birdies, two pars, two bogeys- 33. Total round I had three doubles, four pars, four bogeys, and seven birdies for a smoke n mirrors 75.

Thankfully I'm a good scrambler (putting and chipping) because when you suck, but can chip & putt you can turn pars into birdies and bogeys into pars very easily!

46/38 how's that for consistency.  A very bloody ordinary front nine again that went bogey, bogey, bogey, double, par, bogey, triple, bogey, par.  When I made the par I thought ahhh good I'm off the train only to find that it was waiting for me at the next stop.  Two over on the back nine with two birdies on par threes that earned me two brand new Titleists improved my sense of humour immensely as did a nice juicy par on the 18th that is rated index 6 so it's no push over and is always a good one to par. It wasn't enough to stop me losing a dollar to my buddy but I did get to remind him I picked up $14 worth of balls :lol:  Oh yeah and sitting down in front of the TV this evening and I was watching the "Haney Project" with Michael Phelps and there was a scene where Lee Trevino was giving him (Phelps) a tip on the range that I had an experiment with outside and it felt really good in my swing - maybe it's the "secret" of golf maybe I'm saved at last.  More to follow...

My Bag

42/43 today at the local links style course. If you are off the fairway on any hole you will never find your ball and the greens were super fast due to the temps hitting mid 90's the last few days so I'm pretty happy with my score. 

:taylormade-small: R15 White 10.5° Accra FX-260 M4

:titelist-small:        915F 3W Aldila Rogue Black 110 stiff 

:titelist-small:        915H 4H MRC Diamana D+ Whiteboard 90 HY Stiff

:titelist-small:        716 T-MB 3 iron True Temper Dynamic Gold AMT S-300

:taylormade-small: Rsi 2's 5-9 - True Temper Dynamic Gold AMT S-300

:vokey-small: SM6 46

:vokey-small: SM6 52* 

:vokey-small: SM6 56*  

:callaway-small:  Mack Daddy 2 PM grind 60* 

:scotty-cameron-1:   Newport 2.5 Dual Balance

:titelist-small: ProV1X 

Game Golf : kfilly20

Got out yesterday afternoon on my practice course for a quick nine, and I do mean a quick nine...  The temperature was 105* with no breeze.  I was the only one there.  Imagine that.

I spent most of my time working with the two Sonartec fairway woods that I recently bought,  Stupid easy to hit, but have to replace the shaft in the 4W.  The 7W is perfect.

Finally starting to get some clear days and my wife's back home, so I could get on the course.  Yesterday was hot (got to 93*) and we got stuck behind an extremely slow foursome, who was following another slow group, so we hit multiple shots as a practice round.  As of yesterday, my putter woke up and started feeling like I'm able to play without over thinking every shot.

So far, with intermittent play, I've just been unable to keep up any consistency and my short game's been AWOL...

I should be able to play a round for score today, to see if I'm able to keep it up consistently through a round.

I did make 2 changes to my bag, that I think will help, by dropping a wedge to make room for a hybrid and switching my fairway wood for an old Krank Red Hot Chili Pepper 3 wood I had in the garage and had almost forgotten about.

Wish me luck - lol

What's In the Bag

Driver - :callaway-small: GBB 

Hybrids  :cleveland-small: Halo XL Halo 18* & :cobra-small: T-Rail 20*

Irons  :cobra-small: T-Rail 2.0

Wedges :ping-small: 60* TS / SCOR 48* 53* 58*

Putter     :scotty-small:

Ball :callaway-logo-1:

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

Started out par, par, par, par.....then bogey, double bogey.......ugh!...finally got it back but too late. I finished with a 45/42 87 yesterday.  Weather was gorgeous. I did win a CTP on 130 yard Par 3 #8.....greens were top dressed with sand so i 2 putted for a par. Won $15 + a free round of golf.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Played in the men's member guest today at Fresh Meadow and had a decent round. It was a 4 man best ball net and gross combination that we finished second. Since I was just playing for gross with no strokes I played my ball out for all 18 holes and shot 74 from the back tees. Course was set up the hardest that I have seen it in my five years playing there and the greens were just fantastic.

Finally figured out how to hit driver in play and fixed my issue there. Iron play and putting were solid for the fourth round in a row. We ended up finishing second and I won some good pro shop credit.

WITB 2024

Z Star Diamond

Well, I've got to admit that the club changes (fairway wood and hybrid) seem to be helpful.  I've definitely striking the Krank more consistently than the Wishon and the hybrid fills a gap between my 5i and 3h.

I just can't string enough consistent strokes together to score as well as (I think) I should be.  I've only scored one round under 87 this year and my new home course is a par 70!

Some of the higher scores are due to mis-hits, but I think most of it's due to bad course management and club selection.

I think I'm going to spend less time on the range and do most of my practicing on the course for now, with real targets, hazards, uneven lies, real rough, etc.  I know I can strike the ball, but it's the course layout and actual playing conditions I need to handle better.

Rain all day today, but it should be clear tomorrow!!

What's In the Bag

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

Well, I've got to admit that the club changes (fairway wood and hybrid) seem to be helpful.  I've definitely striking the Krank more consistently than the Wishon and the hybrid fills a gap between my 5i and 3h.

I just can't string enough consistent strokes together to score as well as (I think) I should be.  I've only scored one round under 87 this year and my new home course is a par 70!

Some of the higher scores are due to mis-hits, but I think most of it's due to bad course management and club selection.

I think I'm going to spend less time on the range and do most of my practicing on the course for now, with real targets, hazards, uneven lies, real rough, etc.  I know I can strike the ball, but it's the course layout and actual playing conditions I need to handle better.

Rain all day today, but it should be clear tomorrow!!

Bill, glad that you are getting out more.

I do not spend much time on the range at all.  I only go there when I feel like I have to work out a particular swing issue.  My practice course is only a few minutes away and I go there at times when I know that not many people are on the course; usually just after lunch on weekdays or at dinner time.  If I am playing with my wife, we will play a normal round but when we hit a bad shot, we will drop another ball or two and hit until we get it right.  (If you haven't read it already, get a copy of The Talent Code by Daniel Coyle)  When I practice alone, I will head to a part of the course that I usually frequent during a round and practice certain shots.  We have one par 3 that plays either 165 or 195, and I miss the green more often than not.  So, I will spend 15-20 minutes in my usual miss areas and hit 6 balls trying to get the contact right to get the ball close.  I try different SCORs to see which one works best depending on the distance and lie.  We have one par 5 that is reachable for me only if I hit a great tee shot and fabulous second shot with a helping wind.  So I will head to my normal layup area (~40 yards) and hit my 6 balls from different lie areas again trying to see which club works best to get to certain pin positions on the slightly elevated green.  I've found that I have a higher % of shots on the green with a low punch shot with a PW than trying a high LW.  But I do both shots anyway.  This hole is also the one where I will head to where my tee shot usually ends up and hit FW shots.  I do this particularly when trying out clubs.  This week I was trying the Sonartec 4W and 7W I bought recently.  They are in my bag because they are stupid easy to hit straight with a slight draw and I am more consistent than with my RBZ FW and hybrid.

I like this kind of practice because it gives me more confidence when faced with these shots when playing, because I've hit hundreds of those shots rather than just a few from playing the course. 

Kenny,

I really liked having a local 9 hole course for practice last year, but I'm not playing it this year since I thought I would be working part-time there and get free membership.  I'd already paid up for a different 18 hole course in another town when we went through a really dry spring (until recently - lol) and they didn't need the extra help.

I talked to the supervisor a few weeks ago and told him I felt guilty playing for free, but I'd already paid for a different membership and couldn't afford both.  He was OK with me playing, but that just doesn't seem fair, so even though it's more crowded, I just play as many practice rounds as I can at my new home course.

What's In the Bag

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

Was only able to play 9 during my "lunch" break. Shot a 39, which I was very happy with. Should have been a lot lower had I been able to knock down a GD putt. Had makeable birdie putts on the first 5 holes. Only holed 1 of them. My lone birdie I knocked a 255 yard 3 wood to within 10 feet and then 2 putted for birdie. Should have been a 36 if I didn't choke but a 39 ain't bad. 

:taylormade-small: R15 White 10.5° Accra FX-260 M4

:titelist-small:        915F 3W Aldila Rogue Black 110 stiff 

:titelist-small:        915H 4H MRC Diamana D+ Whiteboard 90 HY Stiff

:titelist-small:        716 T-MB 3 iron True Temper Dynamic Gold AMT S-300

:taylormade-small: Rsi 2's 5-9 - True Temper Dynamic Gold AMT S-300

:vokey-small: SM6 46

:vokey-small: SM6 52* 

:vokey-small: SM6 56*  

:callaway-small:  Mack Daddy 2 PM grind 60* 

:scotty-cameron-1:   Newport 2.5 Dual Balance

:titelist-small: ProV1X 

Game Golf : kfilly20

Played in a scramble today. I had ordered an LD head that didn't arrive in time. So I reached out and got in touch with a local LD competitor and remax past finalist and borrowed one of his (he literally has about a hundred at his house if not more). Stopped by on my way to the course this morning and he went to flipping through them. He handed me a new 5.5 degree X2 Hot Pro LD at 5.5 degrees with his personal House of Forged shaft (his name was etched in it). He says this one isn't real stout you should do fine. Still had the WLDA stickers from inspection on it. That guy? Kevin "The Bull" Bullard. Now he said it's one of his weaker shafts. He's also not with HOF any more. Let's just say if you've never swung a pro LD guy's club and you think you swing an x flex, well, you're not gonna load one of their shafts. I've got a XX and a 3X pro force v2 LD shaft and I can load them. This one? The HOF ultra? Yeah, I couldn't load it. I hit 15 balls. 1 went straight to other wouldn't have hit a grid if you turned it sideways. Sprays. I couldn't square the face on it. Talk about feeling like rebar.

A vendor paid for it for me and I didn't get to pick my team. It was me an older guy and 2 girls high school grads. One of them was pretty good. We used a lot of her drives as they got between 70-100 yards on all the par 4's and 5's. She hit it around 225 and with the tee differences I had to murder one to get closer. We shot a bad -6 but that's cause no one could make a putt. I did run in 2 25 footers like nobody's business. But that's about it. Clean card though. 6 birdies and nothing else besides pars.

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

Played great until the wind started to kick up and blow at a constant 35 mph for the last 12 holes. Turned the front in -4 thanks to finally figuring out how to hit a fairway off the tee. The ninth hole is a 315 yard par 4 that I hit my 18* hybrid under the lip of the front green side bunker....did I mention the wind????

Made birdie on 10 and then played the last 8 at +6 to finish at 73. The wind was out of the north which is something I have only played in once or twice there in four plus years and just makes the course brutal on the way in.

WITB 2024

Z Star Diamond

83, nothing bad, nothing great. 8 pars, 9 bogeys, 1 double. I did have a pretty ridiculous bogey on the par 3, 13th hole, played 137 today, flag about 4 paces from the front, so an easy 9 puts me just past the flag, but I pulled the tee ball to the right, hooked it straight into the bunker, no problem, it's a fairly easy bunker shot, normally, but the course thinks that if the sand isn't deep and fluffy then it's not a bunker, the ball landed about 6 inches from a 2 foot high lip on the left side of the bunker, and plugged right there. I had 2 options, hit it to the right, which plays 15 yards right of the green, or just hit it to the other side of the bunker, and then try get up and down from there, I chose to hit it out of the bunker 15 yards right, which also put me on a side hill down hill lie to a green that runs away, I hit a good chip, left 12 feet and made the putt. When I first got to the ball in the bunker, I thought just put the 5 on the card, it was that bad. That was pretty much the hilight of my round.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

94 with the arm still playing up. 30 putts due to a lot of on the fringe lies, but I was rolling the ball really well.

https://www.golfpadgps.com/round/RY6HCG

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

4 over on the front and six over on the back.  Despite my best effort I didn't manage to stay focussed for the entire round,  Hit some great shots though including a 230 yard 3rd shot to the 16th a par 5 and a great 80 yard hop and stop on 18 and then slotted the putt for a great par to finish the round on.  I've got the Callaway Apex's for a couple of more days so I'm happy about that too.

My Bag

A majority of decent shots, but my bad ones really stink...  10 over on the front and 7 over on the back for the day.  

I'll just have to keep at it until I get it right ;)

What's In the Bag

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

Shot 74 yesterday with some of the best ball striking of my year. Had 2 awful tee shots. One OB, one water that killed me. Couldn't make a putt to save my life.

Shot 72 today sprayed it around on the front to shoot 39 and then brought it home with same flare to shoot 33. Had one double bogey on the back because I thinned a wedge from 100 out that went OB. Just a pathetic swing. Embarrassing. Overall it was a decent day. 2 double bogeys, 3 bogeys, 7 pars, 5 birdies and an eagle. Putted ok today, no 3 putts.

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged