TESTERS WANTED! ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

A week and half ago, had a round where I had 1 quality drive and innumerable horrible drives, with a lot of tops with the ball hitting down on the tee and skidding 50 or so yds.  Had a lesson.  Today, 12 quality drives, only one cost me a reasonable shot at a green.  BUT|, only one quality iron. Couldn't get near the green.  Go figure.  Did sort of figure it out at the end, parred the last three holes in.  Hate the inconsistency!  Putted great today, couldn't hit a good putt to save my life last Friday.  Arrrrgh!

Nonchalant putts count the same as chalant putts.

In my Ogio Ozone XX Cart Stand Bag:

Ping G400 10.5 Deg Driver, stock Stiff shaft
TM Rocketballz 19 Deg 5 Wood, stock Matrix Osik Stiff shaft
TM Rocketballz Stage 2 21 Deg Tour 4 Hybrid, Rocketfuel 80h Stiff shaft 

Callaway Apex CF 16 Irons, 4-P, Stiff Shafts

Scor 48 and 55 degree wedges.  
Renegar 60 Deg Steel Shaft Lob Wedge

TM Ghost Spider Si 38" Counterbalanced Putter

A week and half ago, had a round where I had 1 quality drive and innumerable horrible drives, with a lot of tops with the ball hitting down on the tee and skidding 50 or so yds. Had a lesson. Today, 12 quality drives, only one cost me a reasonable shot at a green. BUT|, only one quality iron. Couldn't get near the green. Go figure. Did sort of figure it out at the end, parred the last three holes in. Hate the inconsistency! Putted great today, couldn't hit a good putt to save my life last Friday. Arrrrgh!

It's a fickle game isn't it. Shot 77 Friday then followed it up with a 91 on Sunday.

Driver -  :taylormade-small: M1 9.5* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Fairway -   :taylormade-small: M1 5W 19* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Hybrids -   :ping-small: G25 4H 23*

Irons -  :mizuno-small: JPX 850 Forged 4-PW w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Wedges - :mizuno-small: S5 50*07, 54*12, 58*12 w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Putter - Oddyssey Metal-X #7 w/ SuperStroke Pistol GT 2.0

Didn't play last weekend but went home and saw my family for the first time since Christmas. Surprised my dad for his 60th... and even took him to the Jets game. May try to play 3 times this weekend to keep up with my swing. We shall see.

Driver:   :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 12 Degree

Wood: :callaway-small:  GBB 3 Wood
Hybrid: :callaway-small: Razr 4 hybriid stiff stock shaft.
Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright
Wedges: :vokey-small: 52° 56° and 60°.
All grips are Golf pride grips midsized
Putter (lefty):  Odyssey Metal-X #8 34", stock shaft bent 2° Superstroke grip
Golf Balls:   :titelist-small: 2018-9 Pro-V1x and Prov1s
Shoes:  :footjoy-small:  Dryjoy tours

Shot 89 at Babe Zaharias GC yesterday......only had 8/14 Fairways, 4 GIRs and 33 putts......with 2 Birdies.

I seemed to be "pulling" my drives, using the Paderson shaft.   When I concentrate on my setup, I can stripe it down the middle.  Guess I just need some concentration.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

79 tonight. Airaided greens and played the last 2 holes in darkness plus went straight to the course with my i20 irons that I just got lol. 10 girs and 9 fairways

DRIVER:   :taylormade-small: Stealth 2, 9* Upright setting, Mitsubishi Kai' Li red, 60g Stiff flex, New grip coming

Woods:   image.png.b032bfa6bceb3d86677e537bac666ed6.png Sim Max 3 Wood, 15*, Fujikura Ventus 6 Blue 65g, Stiff flex, New grip coming

HYBRIDS:   :mizuno-small:    JPX 850 hybrid 19*, UST Proforce V2 85g, Stiff, New grip coming                                  

IRONS:      image.png.e097bd129e11b5c3535389554504a9e8.png    MP-20 HMB 4 iron, Project X LZ 6.5 shaft, Stiff+, Ping Midsize grip

JPX 919 Tour 5i-pw, Project X LZ 6.5 shafts, Stiff+,  Ping Midsize grips

WEDGES:    New Level Golf   50*, 55*, 60* M-Type Wedges with True Temper Elevate Tour X-Stiff flex,                                               New Level Midsize grips

PUTTER:    :ping-small:   Heppler Ketsch 35", Ping PP62 Pistol Grip

BALL:           :titleist-small:     Pro V1 (2021 + 2023 Versions)                                                                              

BAG:       image.png.21a67eec796936e08fafc83a822b0d7f.png  TM19 Select Plus Cart Bag 

Shoes:  Under Armour     HOVR Fade 2 SL Spikeless  Shoes

Tech: :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro Slope golf laser Rangefinder

Frogger Golf Towels, 4 more Yard blue/ yellow golf tees

Didn't play today.........instead, I drove 5 hours to Hilton Head for a week of golf and relaxation. Hoping to get some good play on the Paderson kinetix shaft this week.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

I had fun...score was bad (97) but secondary to the day with Sean, Scott and Joel.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

I had fun...score was bad (97) but secondary to the day with Sean, Scott and Joel.

It was a ton of fun, 103 for me and I was darn happy to have that. 

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

36 holes today on foot. Really wanted to give the new Ping irons a whirl. Round 1 was a 77 with 7 gir and 9 fairways and round 2 was an 81 with 7 gir and 5 fairways. The I20's are really awesome. Pretty much what I was looking for. The S300 shafts are excellent and I get a nice high shot with a nice little draw. I need to work on alignment in order to hit more greens but other than that pretty solid. I played the first round with my Scor wedges and Snell ball and round 2 played with I20 gap and sand wedge and 60 Ping tour wedge. Really enjoyed the ping wedges. 

DRIVER:   :taylormade-small: Stealth 2, 9* Upright setting, Mitsubishi Kai' Li red, 60g Stiff flex, New grip coming

Woods:   image.png.b032bfa6bceb3d86677e537bac666ed6.png Sim Max 3 Wood, 15*, Fujikura Ventus 6 Blue 65g, Stiff flex, New grip coming

HYBRIDS:   :mizuno-small:    JPX 850 hybrid 19*, UST Proforce V2 85g, Stiff, New grip coming                                  

IRONS:      image.png.e097bd129e11b5c3535389554504a9e8.png    MP-20 HMB 4 iron, Project X LZ 6.5 shaft, Stiff+, Ping Midsize grip

WEDGES:    New Level Golf   50*, 55*, 60* M-Type Wedges with True Temper Elevate Tour X-Stiff flex,                                               New Level Midsize grips

BAG:       image.png.21a67eec796936e08fafc83a822b0d7f.png  TM19 Select Plus Cart Bag 

Fell short on my quest to break 80 from the tips again yesterday. Went to 17 needing par, par went double, bogey. But given the wind direction I was always going to be in a world of hurt on those holes. I needed a little cushion to make it. 17 requires a 225 yard carry over crap or else you need to threa through a little 10 yard window. Into the wind the carry wasn't happening so I just barely missed the fairway in the left rough. I could only advance it 100 yards and was still in the rough. Our rough is brutal right now because of all the rain, thick, gnarly bermuda. I made a great pitch to get up and down for bogey on 18. 463 is a par 5 for me under any wind conditions. Into a gusty sea breeze even more so. My second drive into the rough led to 165 in on the third shot which I missed right.

I think I'm going to give up and try again when it dries out. I'm tired of shooting 81, 82.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

First round at Hilton Head....Port Royal Barrony, shot 38/45=83. No birdies but a bunch of tapin pars. Front nine was great with 2 over, but then my lower back got stiff and went bogey, bogey, bogey, double, double before I could swing thru the tightness.

Drive was terrific and approach shots were okay. The star of the day was my Ping Ketsch.

Last week before the race, I couldn't get out to play a full round, Instead I played a quick 9 holes on friday and then hit the range for an hour on sunday. 

Problems from last week are still lingering. I just can't seem to get a consistent swing with my driver. Video on the range suggests that I've gotten sloppy with my hands in the back swing. The plan is to survive next weekend and then get back to the range to spend some quality time getting some discipline back into the hands in the backswing.

Dru - Owner, President & Janitor, Druware Software Designs

RH 13.1 Handicap in soggy Georgia 

WITB
* 1W 10.5* @ PXG 0211 ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff )
* 3W PXG 0211 ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff ) 
* 5W 18* Tailor-made AeroBurner ( Stock Stiff )
* 7W  Sub70 949x ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff )
* 5i-PW @ PXG 0211 ( Gen 1 )
* 52 @ Hogan Equalizer
* 56 @ Sub70 
* 60 @ Hogan Equalizer
* Carbon Ringo 1/4
* Vice Pro Plus

My last 2 rounds were Jekyll and Hyde: 40+48, followed by 38+51. My driver decided it is an Ultra Conservative : way right. I pretty much worked that out on the second round, hitting 9/14 fairways. But then my shanks came back and killed me on at least four holes. Right now, I am terrified they are staying.

First round at Hilton Head....Port Royal Barrony, shot 38/45=83. 

Looks like Hilton Head agrees with you.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

So I just had the best round of my life on Saturday. Admittedly, it was still a 95, and not my best SCORING round ever, but it was the first time where I could see my game falling into place. My driver and three wood were both mostly on point. I hit about 50% of fairways, and even the ones I missed it wasn't by much.

I started super slow, and struggled all day with any iron lower than a 9. Either I'm leaving the face wide open, or I'm closing it too fast. I think it's mostly a tempo issue. Work in progress!

Note, this was on a 140 slope course playing from the tips because everyone else was and I figured, why not? I suspect if i'd played a tee box or two shorter I would have shot under 90 for the first time. Lesson learned.

-Justin-

@jdiddyesquire

Driver -    :adams-small: Speedline Super LS 9.5*, Matrix Red Tie 6Q3 X stiff
3 Wood - Tour Edge Exotics CB4 Tou
r 13*, Aldila NV Protopype 80X

Irons -   :taylormade-small:  3-PW rac LT, KBS Tour X
Wedges -   :mizuno-small:
 MP-T4, 50.6, 56.14, 60.5
Putter - Odyssey White Hot Pro Rossie

Bag: Daltrek Carry-Lite Stand Bag

Shoes:   :nike-small: Lunar Swingtip Suede

Ball: Wilson Staff Duo

Looks like Hilton Head agrees with you.

Not today, 47/45=92 on a 5100 yard course.....

Did not sleep well last night, on pain meds, hard to get a putt to drop......shaky hands.

Had several Boomers with my driver.

Will prob take day off tomorrow then back at it We'd.

Weather has been wonderful. Yesterday was 0% chance of rain.....have not seen that in Florida this year, right Rev?

I'd think that it was the end of the world if I saw a forecast with zero percent rain.  I actually was getting 3 or 4 feet of run out on my drives yesterday so it's starting to dry out.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Foz, this is the key to playing well while taking oxy or other opiates:  swallow them with either screwdrivers or bloody Marys. Then clear your head with a strong cup of coffee. Skip the cream and sugar in favor of Sambuca.

That will help you play relaxed. A bonus is that even if you play badly, you won't care a whole lot. Just be careful driving the cart.

No need to thank me. I'm happy to share my personal experience.

Had 9 hole leauge tonight. Was a little frustrating at the end. Shot a 43 one over my handicap for league. The par 5 7th hole got me again. Hit the middle of the fairway just over 200 out tried a little draw to the green left it out but still in good shape in front of the bunker, then chunk in blade over 3 after the chip back for an 8. The driver was on hit 4 fairways, two of the three misses were really misses one cut the corner the other was in another fairway 75 yards from the pin easy pitch to green. Could not get an iron close. Even shanked my tee shot on par 3 2nd dead shank. I blame the post currently in ciculation on this site. So 5 over on shank hole and chunked chip hole. Played well other than that.

Chippewa Falls Wisconsin

10.3 Index

Right Handed

What's in the bag:

Driver: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour F5 8* Fujikura Speeder 757 Evolution Tour Spec X-flex, :ping-small: Anser 8*, Black Grafalloy Bi-Matrix X-Flex; :cobra-small: King LTD Pro Orange Grafalloy Bi-Matrix X-Flex

FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour F5 15* Fujikura Speeder 757 Evolution Tour Spec X-Flex :ping-small: Anse14*, Fujikura Speeder 757 US Open Edition , X-Stiff

Irons: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour V4 2 utility Iron, 3-PW, +0.25, 2* Upright, True Temper Dynamic Gold X-100

Wedges: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour PMP Gun Blue 52* bent to 51*, 56* True Temper Dynamic Gold X-100 Shafts

:edel-golf-1: E2 35", :wilson_staff_small: 8802 35.5", :ping-small: Scottsdale, Wolverine C 35" :ping-small: Anser Milled, Anser 2 34"

Played Saturday and starting to see the course fill up a bit more as we approach the winter season. I shot a 42 on the front, which is about average. I was not exactly scoring well early but on the last few holes I started to get it together. Then the back 9 bit back hard as I had 3 of the first 4 holes go for 6's. Battled back late but 3 putted for an 86.

My game is pretty good right now, just wish I had more time to play, most courses are morning only during the week and weekends, so it's tough when your on a night schedule.

Driver:   :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 12 Degree

Wood: :callaway-small:  GBB 3 Wood
Hybrid: :callaway-small: Razr 4 hybriid stiff stock shaft.
Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright
Wedges: :vokey-small: 52° 56° and 60°.
All grips are Golf pride grips midsized
Putter (lefty):  Odyssey Metal-X #8 34", stock shaft bent 2° Superstroke grip
Golf Balls:   :titelist-small: 2018-9 Pro-V1x and Prov1s
Shoes:  :footjoy-small:  Dryjoy tours

My game is in the dumps.  Played last weekend and my front 9 was OK, back nine the wheels fell off.  I have noticed (finally) that when I hit a few bad shots, my concentration goes out the window.  I don't aim at all, just hope the balls goes in the general direction it needs too...my issue is 75% mental and 25% because I am stupid. 

:taylormade-small: M1 10.5* - Tour AD BB-6X
:titelist-small: 10F.d. 13.5* - Graffaloy Bi-Matrix X
:titelist-small: 915Hd 20.5* - Aldila Tour Green
:titelist-small:  T-MB 2-iron - Aldila Tour Green
:titelist-small:  716 AP2 5-PW - KBS C-Taper Lite X
:vokey-small: SM6 50/56 - DG S400

:cameron-small:  Kombi S 35"

My game is in the dumps.  Played last weekend and my front 9 was OK, back nine the wheels fell off.  I have noticed (finally) that when I hit a few bad shots, my concentration goes out the window.  I don't aim at all, just hope the balls goes in the general direction it needs too...my issue is 75% mental and 25% because I am stupid.

I can easily resemble that remark. Hang in there.

Played Sunday for my birthday. First time since the baby was born that I had a chance to actually pick up the sticks and do damage. Played a short 9 hole course. Very short. 3 par 4's and 6 par 3's. All said and done, I shot 9 over. Not by any means a stellar outing.

Tempo is way off. Really have to slow back down and concentrate on grip and turning my torso as opposed to my arms. Had a few shots that made me remember what I enjoy about playing. 

The course, on the other hand, was the WORST time I have ever spent attempting to play golf. I didnt think it was the proper place here to vent, so I will see if there is another place it should go. 

Driver:  :nike-small:  Nike Covert 2.0 Tour KK 70g Stiff

Fairway Wood: :nike-small: Nike Covert 2.0 Tour KK 60g Stiff
Hybrids:   :nike-small: Nike Covert 2.0 Tour KK Stiff

Irons:    :taylormade-small: R-11s KBS Stiff. 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:  Cleveland 588 Rotax  56*

Some no name 60* I got at Goodwill for $5

Putter::  :ping-small: MGS Ketsch Special Edition   

Ball: :bridgestone-small: :e7, normally. If not, whatever I found while looking for mine in the Tall Grass
Bag :Birdies for the Brave Org.14 Desert Camo 

Shoes : Oakley Cipher 2

Addidas Adizero One Wd

Nike Lunar Control

6 other pair "just in case"

Founder: Texas BBQ Curtain (according to Jdiddyesquire)

Favorite #TOURSAUCE Move:  signing a ball and tossing it to a non existent fan as I walk back to cart. 

Foz, this is the key to playing well while taking oxy or other opiates:  swallow them with either screwdrivers or bloody Marys. Then clear your head with a strong cup of coffee. Skip the cream and sugar in favor of Sambuca.

That will help you play relaxed. A bonus is that even if you play badly, you won't care a whole lot. Just be careful driving the cart.

No need to thank me. I'm happy to share my personal experience.

This is hysterical! You still haven't told us what part of New England. I'm a native New Englander who misses his home, Connecticut Shoreline, from time to time.

I moved up to the blue tees today. Let's not think easy here, 6700 73.9 course rating 139 slope. Shot a very respectable 78. Played 9 more from my normal tees, a blend between the blues and whites and shot 37 with a choking dog bogey on the last hole. My game is starting to come around.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Played a 9ner tonight. Sun goes down earlier now so no way to do an 18 before. Shot my lowest 9 hole score of even par 36. Bogey on 1 and 9 and birdies on 3 and 5. 4 of 7 fairways and 7 greens. The i20's with the s300 shafts are really helping my iron game. Even thinking about keeping the wedges that came with the set.

I'd think that it was the end of the world if I saw a forecast with zero percent rain.  I actually was getting 3 or 4 feet of run out on my drives yesterday so it's starting to dry out.

That's because you sent everything our way!  Thanks a lot..... I think we've had one or two days without drenching precipitation in the last 6 weeks.  TPC Valley is a swamp and the Web.com Tour Championship starts next week.  Looks like that spinning low pressure system off the coast is going to keep sending things our way!  

Nonchalant putts count the same as chalant putts.

In my Ogio Ozone XX Cart Stand Bag:

Ping G400 10.5 Deg Driver, stock Stiff shaft
TM Rocketballz 19 Deg 5 Wood, stock Matrix Osik Stiff shaft
TM Rocketballz Stage 2 21 Deg Tour 4 Hybrid, Rocketfuel 80h Stiff shaft 

Callaway Apex CF 16 Irons, 4-P, Stiff Shafts

Scor 48 and 55 degree wedges.  
Renegar 60 Deg Steel Shaft Lob Wedge

TM Ghost Spider Si 38" Counterbalanced Putter

Clearly you are getting what we had from late June through the beginning of September.  I see that you are getting hammered again today.  In a normal summer we'll have one more good round of this stuff before we end up with our fall pattern. 

Why don't you come on down - we're playing Bayou at 2:30 on Sunday - love to have you.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches