Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

Because of the rain, we were only able to get in nine holes......shot a 43 at Shipyard-Galleon.....Still pulling the paderson.....next adjustment is to go to 11.5* on club face.

Returning to Shipyard tomorrow. They have Diamond Zoysia grass on the greens....no grain, very smooth......awesome roll.

Has anyone else played on Diamond Zoysia!

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Are you pulling the driver, or are you hitting it with draw spin to the left. have you tried to go 1 or 2 degrees flat to see if that helps,

It's a pull. I increased the lift to 11.5* and adjusted m setup. I setup then made a slight turn of the grip to open the face. That seemed to work today.

I shot a 45/43=88 today at Shipyard. My approach shots were mostly short of the greens. Three of the par 3's my tee shot wax about 3 feet short of the green. Guess I needed one more club.

I played a Maxfli U3 all week. I was able to move them around with my irons.

Putting was amazing on the Diamond Zoysia greens. Shipyard is the only club with this grass on the greens. There is no grain and very little ball marks. The Pro said it was great for greens and tees in shady areas.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

I shot in the 70's two days in a row... pretty happy with that. 76 today, from the blue tees. I usually play from the whites, but there was no one behind me, so...........

The driver has been kind of erratic and I'm pulling my irons left for some reason, but was able to get up and down enough to save the rounds. I hope those two areas straighten up...literally, pretty soon...lol.

We had rain for most of the week, and it was wet and rainy and drizzly today with steady wind, pretty much the same weather they played in at east lake today, shot 86, 41/45, should have been better, but it wasn't. I didn't pay the Snell today, knowing that the weather would cause problems, I didn't want to lose them when playing in the crappy weather

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

81 yesterday with the Ping Wedges. Jinxed myself in another thread and said I don't hit many bunkers but I hit quite a few today. I actually holed out of a bunker on #6 - Never did that before. My front 9 was bad for me with a 42 shot 39 on the back only 1 bird. Today's another day though and I'm taking the Scor wedges with me today. Need to decide which wedges I'm keeping since I ordered new grips for all my clubs and want to figure out which wedges get redone.

DRIVER:   :taylormade-small: Stealth 2, 9*, Mitsubishi Kai' Li red, 60g Stiff flex, Golf Pride CP2 Pro Midsize

Woods:   image.png.b032bfa6bceb3d86677e537bac666ed6.png Sim Max 3 Wood, 15*, Fujikura Ventus 6 Blue 65g, Stiff flex, Golf Pride CP2 Pro                                       Midsize

HYBRIDS:   :mizuno-small:    JPX 850 hybrid 19*, UST Proforce V2 85g, Stiff, Golf Pride CP2 Pro Midsize    

IRONS:      image.png.e097bd129e11b5c3535389554504a9e8.png    MP-20 HMB 4 iron, Project X LZ 6.5 shaft, Stiff+, Ping Midsize grip

JPX 919 Tour 5i-pw, Project X LZ 6.5 shafts, Stiff+,  Ping Midsize grips

WEDGES:    New Level Golf   50*, 55*, 60* M-Type Wedges with True Temper Elevate Tour X-Stiff flex,                                               New Level Midsize grips

PUTTER:    :ping-small:   Heppler Ketsch 35", Ping PP62 Pistol Grip

BALL:        :vice:     Pro

:titleist-small:     Pro V1 (2021 + 2023 Versions)                                                                              

BAG:       image.png.21a67eec796936e08fafc83a822b0d7f.png  TM19 Select Plus Cart Bag 

Shoes:  Under Armour     HOVR Fade 2 SL Spikeless  Shoes

Tech: :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro Slope golf laser Rangefinder

Frogger Golf Towels, 4 more Yard blue/ yellow golf tees

Played a for man scramble today. Our group came in at 10 under, not too bad for us. Personally I played okay but had a couple pretty bad hard pulls to the left. Won one of the long drives with a low draw that cleared a hill, ran down into a valley and back up the other side a little. Only 93 yards to the pin on a short par five.

Ping G30 driver 9.0 Tour 65 X 45"
Cobra Bio-Cell 3-wood ATX Tour Blue TX75 42.5"

Cobra Bio-Cell 3-4 Hybrid Irod 85F5 40.5"
Cobra Amp Forged 4-GW KBS Tour S+
Titleist SM4 wedges 56 & 60.
Ping Tomcat C with Super Stroke 3.0 grip

Bridgestone B330

Was 2 over in the middle of the fairway on nine when the heavens opened up. I put on a short game clinic today.

As a side note my playing partner won a Cleveland black 12 degree driver worthless for his higher tha high launch high spin ball flight. Intriguing for me. Traded the 58 degree Renegar that I hadn't sent back and an Adams hybrid for it. We will see but a had a couple on the range and the one on nine that were out of the park.

I don't like the close club face but had two years with a Mizuno Driver that I hated and it worked.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Was worse today with the Scor wedges than the pings. Shot a terrible 84 and I say that because in my last 20 rounds, it's my second worst score. Looks like the scor wedges are going to go up on ebay.

DRIVER:   :taylormade-small: Stealth 2, 9*, Mitsubishi Kai' Li red, 60g Stiff flex, Golf Pride CP2 Pro Midsize

Woods:   image.png.b032bfa6bceb3d86677e537bac666ed6.png Sim Max 3 Wood, 15*, Fujikura Ventus 6 Blue 65g, Stiff flex, Golf Pride CP2 Pro                                       Midsize

HYBRIDS:   :mizuno-small:    JPX 850 hybrid 19*, UST Proforce V2 85g, Stiff, Golf Pride CP2 Pro Midsize    

IRONS:      image.png.e097bd129e11b5c3535389554504a9e8.png    MP-20 HMB 4 iron, Project X LZ 6.5 shaft, Stiff+, Ping Midsize grip

WEDGES:    New Level Golf   50*, 55*, 60* M-Type Wedges with True Temper Elevate Tour X-Stiff flex,                                               New Level Midsize grips

BAG:       image.png.21a67eec796936e08fafc83a822b0d7f.png  TM19 Select Plus Cart Bag 

Was 2 over in the middle of the fairway on nine when the heavens opened up. I put on a short game clinic today.

As a side note my playing partner won a Cleveland black 12 degree driver worthless for his higher tha high launch high spin ball flight. Intriguing for me. Traded the 58 degree Renegar that I hadn't sent back and an Adams hybrid for it. We will see but a had a couple on the range and the one on nine that were out of the park.

I don't like the close club face but had two years with a Mizuno Driver that I hated and it worked.

Looking at this post I have to confess to having a couple of scotches trying to wait the rain out. :). I have IPad issues but this is over the top.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

79 today. 41 on the front, 38 on the back. 1 over on the back is by far my best score to date on that 9. Should've been even but I made a bogey on 18 from 60 yards out. Don't ask. Stupid doubles on 3 and 4 that deflated me but I stayed positive and didn't give up on the round which was a good thing. Starting with #5 I played the final 14 holes at 1 over. The glass is half full.

Driver -  :taylormade-small: M1 9.5* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Fairway -   :taylormade-small: M1 5W 19* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Hybrids -   :ping-small: G25 4H 23*

Irons -  :mizuno-small: JPX 850 Forged 4-PW w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Wedges - :mizuno-small: S5 50*07, 54*12, 58*12 w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Putter - Oddyssey Metal-X #7 w/ SuperStroke Pistol GT 2.0

79 today. 41 on the front, 38 on the back. 1 over on the back is by far my best score to date on that 9. Should've been even but I made a bogey on 18 from 60 yards out. Don't ask. Stupid doubles on 3 and 4 that deflated me but I stayed positive and didn't give up on the round which was a good thing. Starting with #5 I played the final 14 holes at 1 over. The glass is half full.

Great job!  I knew you were getting close.  Just wait until the doubles are gone; then it's really fun!!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Had a great front 9 than ate it on the back 9. shot 2 over 38 on the front with no birdies. So 7 pars 2 bogeys. had about 3 10 footers go in plus a bunch of chips that were dead on. The back started off ok, had bogey par par bogey start. One par I chipped from 40 yards short sided and dribbled it to 2 feet. The problem was 15. Hit my second wild slice of the day directly into the sun and lost it in the rocks. took an ESC seven and then bogeyed 16 and 17 when I needed a par par birdie finish. Ended with an 81. Second best round ever but still not happy with how in ended.

Driver:   :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 12 Degree

Wood: :callaway-small:  GBB 3 Wood
Hybrid: :callaway-small: Razr 4 hybriid stiff stock shaft.
Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright
Wedges: :vokey-small: 52° 56° and 60°.
All grips are Golf pride grips midsized
Putter (lefty):  Odyssey Metal-X #8 34", stock shaft bent 2° Superstroke grip
Golf Balls:   :titelist-small: 2018-9 Pro-V1x and Prov1s
Shoes:  :footjoy-small:  Dryjoy tours

Had a great front 9 than ate it on the back 9. shot 2 over 38 on the front with no birdies. So 7 pars 2 bogeys. had about 3 10 footers go in plus a bunch of chips that were dead on. The back started off ok, had bogey par par bogey start. One par I chipped from 40 yards short sided and dribbled it to 2 feet. The problem was 15. Hit my second wild slice of the day directly into the sun and lost it in the rocks. took an ESC seven and then bogeyed 16 and 17 when I needed a par par birdie finish. Ended with an 81. Second best round ever but still not happy with how in ended.

That's what you get for playing when the sun is out. Come here, it's a non factor.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

I'm just jealous of those of you still playing ;)  Came down with a really nasty cold after my trip that I'm still trying to get over, but our high temps are already dropping down into the 50s this week, so I'm not sure how much longer I'll have opportunities for play.

Hoping I can swing a couple of travel opportunities for winter golf this year!

What's In the Bag

Driver - :callaway-small: GBB 

Hybrids  :cleveland-small: Halo XL Halo 18* & :cobra-small: T-Rail 20*

Irons  :cobra-small: T-Rail 2.0

Wedges :ping-small: 60* TS / SCOR 48* 53* 58*

Putter     :scotty-small:

Ball :callaway-logo-1:

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

So last night my 6mo old daughter woke up around 3:00 am.  I woke up to change her before my wife nursed her.  When I started this process I quickly noticed that she had a major blow out...crap to the left, crap to the right...basically crap all over the place and it looked really similar of my range session this week.  I haven't broke a club in a very very long time, but I was oh so close to testing the durability of KBS Shafts.  Needless to say I am not hitting my irons well at the moment.

:taylormade-small: M1 10.5* - Tour AD BB-6X
:titelist-small: 10F.d. 13.5* - Graffaloy Bi-Matrix X
:titelist-small: 915Hd 20.5* - Aldila Tour Green
:titelist-small:  T-MB 2-iron - Aldila Tour Green
:titelist-small:  716 AP2 5-PW - KBS C-Taper Lite X
:vokey-small: SM6 50/56 - DG S400

:cameron-small:  Kombi S 35"

I'm just jealous of those of you still playing ;)  Came down with a really nasty cold after my trip that I'm still trying to get over, but our high temps are already dropping down into the 50s this week, so I'm not sure how much longer I'll have opportunities for play.

Hoping I can swing a couple of travel opportunities for winter golf this year!

That ain't stopping me I'm going tonight regardless lol

Finished my rained out round and shot 78, followed that up with an 81 today, drove it well except one OB and then my short irons were horrific, I mean beyond bad 8-PW. I'm hitting greens from 210 and not even coming close from 120.

GOLF !xo!!!

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

played a 9 tonight with my brother. It was 9 degrees celcius (48 degrees Fahrenheit) and strong cold winds. Shot a 1 over 37 with 2 birdies. 2 fairways and 4 greens. Just put on new grips all around so was breaking them in.

Played 36 today. 1 round with the snell my tour ball and the other with the mg c4 tour ball. Shot 78 with the mg c4 ball. Started on the back 9 shot 41/37 with 6 gir and 8 fairways. 1 bird. The other round was played with a snell my tour ball. Shot 75 with 8 gir and 9 fairways with 2 birds. Hdc down to 6.2

Put my Project X shaft back in my driver and shot 45/46=91.....:-(

I missed 3 putts less than 4 feet on the front side, then started making putts on the back.

One ball in the big pond on the par 5, #13, then topped my second shot on par 5, #17 into the ditch. Got out with Scor 49* but still could not get home less than double.

Our two day Fall Blitz tournament is next week. Guess the Paderson goes back in the driver....will try tomorrow.

Went out and shot an 86 at a track with small domed greens, really excited I hit at least 9 GIR for the first time in the past month! Nothing but a high fade with the irons

Finally back in the mid to low 80's :)!

My Mixed-Bag:

Driver:      :callaway-small: Mavrik Sub zero, ventus black 7x

Fairway:     Still looking!

Irons:         :mizuno-small:MP-18 MB 4-PW

Wedges:     Miura K Grinds

Putter:       Evnroll 1.2 blade

Ball:        :srixon-small: Z star XV

For the first time since early spring we have been rained out, hurricane Joaquin has brought rain and a lot of it over the last week. Next week looks really nice though, mid 70's all week

Welcome to our world.  The Florida Swamp.  

Nonchalant putts count the same as chalant putts.

In my Ogio Ozone XX Cart Stand Bag:

Ping G400 10.5 Deg Driver, stock Stiff shaft
TM Rocketballz 19 Deg 5 Wood, stock Matrix Osik Stiff shaft
TM Rocketballz Stage 2 21 Deg Tour 4 Hybrid, Rocketfuel 80h Stiff shaft 

Callaway Apex CF 16 Irons, 4-P, Stiff Shafts

Scor 48 and 55 degree wedges.  
Renegar 60 Deg Steel Shaft Lob Wedge

TM Ghost Spider Si 38" Counterbalanced Putter

Strange round today. Tons of wind. Best range session I've had in forever. Played our men's game which is modified stableford. 4 greens in a row to start and -1. Then the swing started to leave me as I dumped my approach in the drink on the par 5 5th. Got up and down from 90 for a par on said 5th. Hit 1 GIR from 5-14. Played 5-13 at +2 and doubled 14 due to a 210 yard 7i that I expected to go 175(went into the trees behind the green). No clue wtf happened there. Then made eagle on 15 which is beyond rare. Eagle on 16 which was dead into the wind today. Bogeys on 17 and 18 thanks to lip outs. 37 points to help my team to a win.

Back to back eagles is something I've never done before, I think I like it.

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

Got back into working out the other day after about a year off. I was a little too ambitious and I'm paying for it. Regardless, the weather was too nice today to pass up playing so I loaded up on Bengay and Aleve which accomplished nothing.

Suprisingly I managed an 85 with 7 doubles. Yes, 7 doubles. Mainly thanks to my game from 120 and in. Usually my weakness, everything was clicking in that range today. Maybe because I was swinging more gingerly. Getting off the tee box was a painful chore but an enjoyable round of golf nonetheless.

Driver -  :taylormade-small: M1 9.5* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Fairway -   :taylormade-small: M1 5W 19* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Hybrids -   :ping-small: G25 4H 23*

Irons -  :mizuno-small: JPX 850 Forged 4-PW w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Wedges - :mizuno-small: S5 50*07, 54*12, 58*12 w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Putter - Oddyssey Metal-X #7 w/ SuperStroke Pistol GT 2.0

Arrived at Shadow Glen and was informed they had a tournament scheduled (should have called).

Slid back to Bluebonnet Hills and was informed I had to play only the back nine for my 18, crap!

Well I took that info and asked if I buy my S Card and y'all are sanding the greens on the front 9...... can I have a free round?

He said " We can do that " Sweet ! Played 44 on a par 36 because my driver was straight this morning.

Played a Callaway Supersoft and Maxfli U6 today, drove the SS 20 yards further than the U6  the SS can't hold the green compared to the U6.

Still searching for the nirvana ball !

Made the turn and about ready to play the same nine......golf pro came out and said if I don't mind sanded greens ......go ahead and play the front.

Nice, golf dude , thanks!

Shot 39 on the front and had a great day, little to no traffic on the course !

Later!

:callaway-small: Rouge Draw 13.5 Lite Flex
:titelist-small: 913H 24 degree Diamana Lite Flex
:adams-small:  Idea Pro a12 20 degree Aldila VS Proto Regular Flex
:mizuno-small:   MP 100 4 - PW Stiff DGS 300
:callaway-small: Mack Daddy 2  TG 52/10, RG 56/10 and TG 60/10
:cameron-small: 2014 Select Newport 2  33 "

79 yesterday. What a strange game. We had to start on the back 9 because there was a group ahead of us that were slow - fine. Get through it with a disastrous 43. I tell my bro that I'm going to need to shoot an even 36 to shoot 79 and did it lol. Putter has been really good since the Superstroke Ulltra Slim 1.0 went on and the 60 degree Ping Tour-W wedge has been money for me.