TESTERS WANTED! ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

I played much better than my score showed, it was an 86, I had a 3 putt on 7 and 9, a 4 putt on 16, I had a birdie putt on 13, and bogey putts on 14, and 16 that were right in the middle that came up about 1 rotation short right in the center of the cup, I chunked 9 iron into a revine. I struck the ball well yesterday and today, but had a few shots get away, and the short game was good most of the time and really bad part of the time.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

I played much better than my score showed, it was an 86, I had a 3 putt on 7 and 9, a 4 putt on 16, I had a birdie putt on 13, and bogey putts on 14, and 16 that were right in the middle that came up about 1 rotation short right in the center of the cup, I chunked 9 iron into a revine. I struck the ball well yesterday and today, but had a few shots get away, and the short game was good most of the time and really bad part of the time.

Sounds like you're in that same grind I'm in. Hit some really good shots and then the bad ones come from out of nowhere and leave you in spots where bogey is a good score. That was the tale of my Friday round. I hit 11/14 fairways on a tight course and two of the misses were 1st cut. I was also long guy in the group 9 times when two of the guys are generally longer than me. But I couldn't get anything going with my approach shots. So many short sides in thick, gnarly rough, I had to work my tail off to avoid doubles. 82 was the best I could squeeze out of it really.

I'm getting good with the 60 on a 20 yard pitch over a bunker from thick rough though and tomorrow is another day. Those are the positives.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Played both Sat & Sun....Saturday: @Pebble Creek 91 struck the ball well, using the new DT Trusoft, just had difficulty putting.  The front 9, I was past the hole 3 to 4 ft on many putts.  This was corrected on the back 9, but my approach shots went haywaire.  Sunday @Crescent Oaks, 96 using the Prior Year Wilson Duo.  Struck the ball well, but the greens were much faster than Pebble Creek. Was 5 to 8 feet past on first putt for first several holes.  Several 3 putts, causing my score to jump.  As I am traveling to Ocala this week for a two day tournament, I anticpate the following: Drives will be mostly straight in the fairway, 190 - 210. Approach shots will be a bit short. Chips and Putts will be good.  I will be using the new Titleist DT Trusoft all weekend. Overall, I should stay in the game both days. (practice round Friday, Tournament Sat & Sun)

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Starting to find my swing and touch again. After months of only playing on Saturdays, and even then I was usually just not very into it, or even comfortable due to other training, I this was the first in a year where the only physical thing 'planned' for the weekend was golf. ( YEs, I ran and biked, but those were just 'keep fitness' not 'training' and thus carried less mental and physical burden ).

The results? 

Friday, played 18 with a couple of friends. Started slow, with 4 doubles through the first 4 holes, but settled back into my controlled swings on the 5th, before playing to my comfort zone. Ended the round with a 3 birdie, 3 par score of 87. 

Not quite back to my pre-race performances, but getting closer.

Saturday morning, I went back out with my regular saturday group (weekly STableford/Skins). IT was decidedly chilly at a balmy and dry 38 degrees for a 9AM tee time. It took me a couple of holes to wrap my head around the loss of 1.5 clubs of distance to the cold and layers of clothes, so it wasn't until the 4th that I found my distances. From there on in, with temps quickly warming into the high 60's by the time we wrapped up at 12:15 that I really just settled into a groove. Other than a couple of 3 putts on some sketchy greens (I'll get to that in a minute), it felt like a pretty solid round, but since I refuse to total up scores until the end of a round, I had to go on feel. 

The result was another 87, which I shall not complain about. Last year I was sitting at a 12.8 index, before watching it balloon to a high of almost 18 this year. I would like to see it creep back into the mid 14's through the winter and then below the 12 I was at a year ago, but as we all know, the key to that is reps, and that is the goal with some free time :)

Dru - Owner, President & Janitor, Druware Software Designs

RH 13.1 Handicap in soggy Georgia 

WITB
* 1W 10.5* @ PXG 0211 ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff )
* 3W PXG 0211 ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff ) 
* 5W 18* Tailor-made AeroBurner ( Stock Stiff )
* 7W  Sub70 949x ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff )
* 5i-PW @ PXG 0211 ( Gen 1 )
* 52 @ Hogan Equalizer
* 56 @ Sub70 
* 60 @ Hogan Equalizer
* Carbon Ringo 1/4
* Vice Pro Plus

Played the Monsta Ball for the first time and shot 72, Followed that up by playing the Snell and shot 75.  Great rounds over the past two weeks.

Driver:   :taylormade-small: M3 Tensei CK Pro Blue
3-Metal:: :callaway-small: GBB EPIC, FujiKura Pro Green

5-Metal:  :cobra-small: F-7, FujiKura Pro

Irons:   :mizuno-small: MP-18 SC, KBS Tour 120

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:   RTX-3  52 - 56 - 60
Putter:  EVN-Roll ER-5

Ball :  :bridgestone-small: Tour B XS

Range Finder:  Busnnell Tour-X,  Garmin S20 

Follow me:

@Hula_Rock

Hit the ball pretty well putted like garbage 42 putts. shot a 94. 5 3 putts and a 4 putt. 3 putted 4 of the 7 GIR's. Only on 18 was the first putt god awful leaving a very low percentage putt for par. everything else was very makeable. Had 5 penalty shots played an unknown course always lose more ball on those. 2 on one hole hooked two left into the woods. Next time. 

Chippewa Falls Wisconsin

10.3 Index

Right Handed

What's in the bag:

Driver: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour F5 8* Fujikura Speeder 757 Evolution Tour Spec X-flex, :ping-small: Anser 8*, Black Grafalloy Bi-Matrix X-Flex; :cobra-small: King LTD Pro Orange Grafalloy Bi-Matrix X-Flex

FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour F5 15* Fujikura Speeder 757 Evolution Tour Spec X-Flex :ping-small: Anse14*, Fujikura Speeder 757 US Open Edition , X-Stiff

Irons: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour V4 2 utility Iron, 3-PW, +0.25, 2* Upright, True Temper Dynamic Gold X-100

Wedges: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour PMP Gun Blue 52* bent to 51*, 56* True Temper Dynamic Gold X-100 Shafts

:edel-golf-1: E2 35", :wilson_staff_small: 8802 35.5", :ping-small: Scottsdale, Wolverine C 35" :ping-small: Anser Milled, Anser 2 34"

Played both Sat & Sun....Saturday: @Pebble Creek 91 struck the ball well, using the new DT Trusoft, just had difficulty putting.  The front 9, I was past the hole 3 to 4 ft on many putts.  This was corrected on the back 9, but my approach shots went haywaire.  Sunday @Crescent Oaks, 96 using the Prior Year Wilson Duo.  Struck the ball well, but the greens were much faster than Pebble Creek. Was 5 to 8 feet past on first putt for first several holes.  Several 3 putts, causing my score to jump.  As I am traveling to Ocala this week for a two day tournament, I anticpate the following: Drives will be mostly straight in the fairway, 190 - 210. Approach shots will be a bit short. Chips and Putts will be good.  I will be using the new Titleist DT Trusoft all weekend. Overall, I should stay in the game both days. (practice round Friday, Tournament Sat & Sun)

"You can doo it"   Good luck Foz!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Good luck Foz - we'll miss you at the Bayou.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Got to play Wednesday, first time I've been out in a weekday in a long while. I showed up exausted, and found the course swamped. Our population just about doubles with the snowbirds and it was mobbed. I managed to get 9 in, but it was ugly. I couldn't hit my driver all day and my putts were mediocre. 

Saturday I played after throwing around the football with the coworkers. My legs were shot after playing nearly two hours and it showed. First round I've shot over 90 in months. Big key was the lack of any driving accuracy and my lack of touch around the greens. Not shocking considering how physcially spent I was. Hoping to play this weekend at least once or twice.

Driver:   :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 12 Degree

Wood: :callaway-small:  GBB 3 Wood
Hybrid: :callaway-small: Razr 4 hybriid stiff stock shaft.
Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright
Wedges: :vokey-small: 52° 56° and 60°.
All grips are Golf pride grips midsized
Putter (lefty):  Odyssey Metal-X #8 34", stock shaft bent 2° Superstroke grip
Golf Balls:   :titelist-small: 2018-9 Pro-V1x and Prov1s
Shoes:  :footjoy-small:  Dryjoy tours

Spectacular fall day in Florida. Dry, 85, very breezy though. One stupid swing led to an 80 but overall I was happy. That swing led to a triple from 130 in the middle of the fairway. :(. Playing with Getagrip Friday. I'm really looking forward to that.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Went out for a quick 9 after work started out OK 3 pars with both fairways hit 1 and 3 helping wind 2 is par 3 hit a nice knock down into a tough wind. then Par 3 4th 130 yards slightly into the wind a bit right to left Pulled the 52* GW for a low shot into the wind went right over the flag by about 12 feet spun right back into the hole for my First Hole in One. finished up a pretty solid round of 38 dubbed a few chips and left birdie on 9 a little short but pretty great day.

Chippewa Falls Wisconsin

10.3 Index

Right Handed

What's in the bag:

Driver: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour F5 8* Fujikura Speeder 757 Evolution Tour Spec X-flex, :ping-small: Anser 8*, Black Grafalloy Bi-Matrix X-Flex; :cobra-small: King LTD Pro Orange Grafalloy Bi-Matrix X-Flex

FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour F5 15* Fujikura Speeder 757 Evolution Tour Spec X-Flex :ping-small: Anse14*, Fujikura Speeder 757 US Open Edition , X-Stiff

Irons: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour V4 2 utility Iron, 3-PW, +0.25, 2* Upright, True Temper Dynamic Gold X-100

Wedges: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour PMP Gun Blue 52* bent to 51*, 56* True Temper Dynamic Gold X-100 Shafts

:edel-golf-1: E2 35", :wilson_staff_small: 8802 35.5", :ping-small: Scottsdale, Wolverine C 35" :ping-small: Anser Milled, Anser 2 34"

Went out for a quick 9 after work started out OK 3 pars with both fairways hit 1 and 3 helping wind 2 is par 3 hit a nice knock down into a tough wind. then Par 3 4th 130 yards slightly into the wind a bit right to left Pulled the 52* GW for a low shot into the wind went right over the flag by about 12 feet spun right back into the hole for my First Hole in One. finished up a pretty solid round of 38 dubbed a few chips and left birdie on 9 a little short but pretty great day.

should We Send our addresses so you can send the drink? Or should we all make the trip over to you

should We Send our addresses so you can send the drink? Or should we all make the trip over to you

You guys will have to come to me. 

Chippewa Falls Wisconsin

10.3 Index

Right Handed

What's in the bag:

I've probably played my last round for 2015.  Weather is getting pretty chilly, the front nine at my home course is dug up for repair and I'm pretty busy and out of town for most of the next 2 weeks...

That said, I've gotten in a little range time this past week and despite (or because of) the tendonitis developing in my hands this summer, I'm ending the season with a better swing than I started with.  My hands are MUCH lower at address and my grip less tight, which gives me a more sweeping swing, and now that I'm getting used to it I'm longer, higher and more consistent than I was at the beginning of the season.

I was playing at a 14 handicap at the beginning of the season at my home course and bogey + away, but what surprised me the past month is, after having to lay off for awhile, my ballstriking is better now than it's ever been.  (Now if I can just keep that feel over the winter...)  I replaced my indoor hitting mat with a Real Feel mat, which is much easier on my hands, so I'm optimistic I'll be able to continue to practice productively over the winter.  I just need to avoid "marathon" ball hitting sessions and focus on my weight shift and tempo.

I've had to stop "aiming my putts" by running my index finger down the back of my putter grip but I'm finally getting used to it, so that's probably what I'll practice the most over the off season.

It looks like my next rounds will be played in Orlando during the PGA Merchandising Show when I get my mid-winter break.

What's In the Bag

Driver - :callaway-small: GBB 

Hybrids  :cleveland-small: Halo XL Halo 18* & :cobra-small: T-Rail 20*

Irons  :cobra-small: T-Rail 2.0

Wedges :ping-small: 60* TS / SCOR 48* 53* 58*

Putter     :scotty-small:

Ball :callaway-logo-1:

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

I've had to stop "aiming my putts" by running my index finger down the back of my putter grip but I'm finally getting used to it, so that's probably what I'll practice the most over the off season.

It looks like my next rounds will be played in Orlando during the PGA Merchandising Show when I get my mid-winter break.

I used to have my index finger down the back of the putter grip, and I think that led to inconsistent speed on my putts.  A few years ago I switched to running my index finger down the front of the grip and my trail hand grips the putter grip and index finger.  It helps to keep me from flipping, keeps the back of my lead hand facing the target line, and promotes my SBST pendulum swing.  But that's just me.

Sorry we didn't hook up this year and will miss everyone at the PGA Show.  Let's see what next year brings.  :)

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Isn't where your index finger is located kind of like "do you inhale or exhale on your backswing?"  No disrespect intended, just more of a don't start me thinking of that--I've already got three hundred and forty six thoughts going through my head as I address that four foot putt.  

Nonchalant putts count the same as chalant putts.

In my Ogio Ozone XX Cart Stand Bag:

Ping G400 10.5 Deg Driver, stock Stiff shaft
TM Rocketballz 19 Deg 5 Wood, stock Matrix Osik Stiff shaft
TM Rocketballz Stage 2 21 Deg Tour 4 Hybrid, Rocketfuel 80h Stiff shaft 

Callaway Apex CF 16 Irons, 4-P, Stiff Shafts

Scor 48 and 55 degree wedges.  
Renegar 60 Deg Steel Shaft Lob Wedge

TM Ghost Spider Si 38" Counterbalanced Putter

On a more positive note, I do feel for you guys talking about closing down the golf season, but right now it has been real tough for us in the last three weeks to get quality tee times because of the demand and great weather.  We are teeing off at 12:15 tomorrow.  Our preferred time is 8:25.  Too many groups and outings right now.  But, 80 degrees, mild winds, green grass, sun, sun and sun, guess things aren't so bad.  

Nonchalant putts count the same as chalant putts.

In my Ogio Ozone XX Cart Stand Bag:

Ping G400 10.5 Deg Driver, stock Stiff shaft
TM Rocketballz 19 Deg 5 Wood, stock Matrix Osik Stiff shaft
TM Rocketballz Stage 2 21 Deg Tour 4 Hybrid, Rocketfuel 80h Stiff shaft 

Callaway Apex CF 16 Irons, 4-P, Stiff Shafts

Scor 48 and 55 degree wedges.  
Renegar 60 Deg Steel Shaft Lob Wedge

TM Ghost Spider Si 38" Counterbalanced Putter

Isn't where your index finger is located kind of like "do you inhale or exhale on your backswing?" No disrespect intended, just more of a don't start me thinking of that--I've already got three hundred and forty six thoughts going through my head as I address that four foot putt.

You only have 346 thoughts in your head. Man if I could cut my thoughts in half I would be close to yours.

Spectacular fall day in Florida. Dry, 85, very breezy though. One stupid swing led to an 80 but overall I was happy. That swing led to a triple from 130 in the middle of the fairway. :(. Playing with Getagrip Friday. I'm really looking forward to that.

Wish I could join ya......maybe next month.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

On a more positive note, I do feel for you guys talking about closing down the golf season, but right now it has been real tough for us in the last three weeks to get quality tee times because of the demand and great weather.  We are teeing off at 12:15 tomorrow.  Our preferred time is 8:25.  Too many groups and outings right now.  But, 80 degrees, mild winds, green grass, sun, sun and sun, guess things aren't so bad.  

Rub it in, rub it in - lol  At least I've got a winter break in Orlando setup in January to look forward to ;)

What's In the Bag

Driver - :callaway-small: GBB 

Hybrids  :cleveland-small: Halo XL Halo 18* & :cobra-small: T-Rail 20*

Irons  :cobra-small: T-Rail 2.0

Wedges :ping-small: 60* TS / SCOR 48* 53* 58*

Putter     :scotty-small:

Ball :callaway-logo-1:

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

I envy you guys.  At 69, my brain has only room for two thoughts at a time:

1. closest food / drink concession.

2. nearest bathroom.

Skip the drink and you can eliminate number 2, then you only have one thought, but if you're going to skip it, you can eliminate it, so really you don't have any thoughts, and then you can concentrate on your golf game.

Great practice round from the Blue Tees at Ocala GC. 46/40 with 13/14 fairways hit, 6 GIRs and 34 putts. The Paderson shaft in my driver was smokin' today. One Birdie on Par 5 from 8 feet. Then lipped out a 30 footer for Birdie on next hole, 150 yard Par 3. Back side was awesome play, very focused and chips were spot on.

Started out with double, bogey, double, bogey before I turned it around. W/h/b an 84 but lost my concentration on #17 6 foot par putt, turned it into a double bogey...

The course just reopened 2 weeks ago after replacing all the greens and bunkers. Now using tiff dwarf on the greens.....very smooth today......weather was Sunny in mid 80's...

Hoping for a fun couple days here in Ocala.

Had a great time with Getagrip today at Bayou.  The course is in good shape, my game not so much.  I shot an 82 and I haven't a clue how.  I had a topped fairway wood, a number of chunked irons, drives in the right and left rough including under trees (not at all normal for me.)  I really didn't even putt all that well although I had solid speed on my long putts (often for par.)  What I did do well was limit the damage, only one double which is amazing when you consider where I was.  Also I hit several great chips/pitches. 

Beautiful day, like most of your summers mid 80's, dry, breezy, round took 3:45.  You guys are welcome to come on down.  We have a spare room.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Played my first serious round back since my weeks sojourn in hospital.  Managed to shoot 81 (43, 38) which was bang on my current H/C index.  It included a 70 yard pitch that took one bounce and got lost in the darkness at the bottom of the cup for birdie and saved my partner and I a buck in the side bets.  We were getting annihilated by a pair of 20 something handicappers and had leaked so much oil there was none left to leak.  It was a great day, with much laughter and mutual trash talking as well as respect when good shots were made.  Still only running at about 90% but glad to be out there on the fairways! :)

My Bag

Driver:  :ping-small: G25 Stiff shaft
3 Wood:  :mizuno-small: JPX 850 16 degree. Fujikara Orichi 65 gram stiff shaft
Hybrids: 3 & 4 :mizuno-small: JPX 850 Fujikara Orichi 65 gram regular shafts
Irons:  :mizuno-small: MP- H5 3 - 6 iron dynamic gold XP 115 gram stiff soft stepped
Irons:  :mizuno-small: MP 54 4 - PW dynamic gold S300
Wedges:   :mizuno-small: MP T4 52 degree,  :titelist-small: :vokey-small: 56 degree 10 degree bounce, :titelist-small: :vokey-small: 60 degree 10 degree bounce.
Putter:  :ping-small: ZB S

Evil prospers when good men do nothing.

Honorary member Texas BBQ Curtin Circa 2015 

What to do....what to do.....I am out of town in Ocala and my tee time isn't until 1:40 today. Sitting in my hotel room, cup a joe in hand, Golf Channel on the tube and iPad in my lap.

Anxious to play today, had a great practice round yesterday. The tournament is a seniors invitational named for Doug Oswald, former Florida Gator and retired mayor of Ocala. Proceeds go to Ocala youth sports.

I have been struggling with my driver for the past month, trying to see if the Paderson Kinetix shaft is for me. All of a sudden, my drives were all in the fairway, not long but longer than before, giving me opportunity to score. I switched back to my Bio Cell irons as they are a bit longer than the Mizunos.....good choice, hit them well yesterday. Fairway woods and hybrids were also hitting solid...gaming the new Titleist DT Trusoft this weekend.....so far I like the feel and distance. Rolling smooth off the putter too...hoping for a decent round today.

Had the best round of my life this morning shooting an 84 (42,42) at Sable Creek using the Snell MTB. Can a ball actually inspire confidence? I think it can! Took some pics for my review and I have to say, I do like it when the ball stops within inches of where it hit on the green.

I hit some bad shots but was able to recover from them. Putting was woeful with 36, but the greens are recovering from being punched and they were bumpy, but still fairly fast.

Played the last 6 holes at 1 over.

https://www.golfpadgps.com/round/RR7HL3#1

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Struggled with the putter again, 4---3 putts, a missed 3 footer for birdie, shot 83, I had 2 bad tee shots, one was a double and I managed bogey from the abyss on 14, tee shot in the woods, had a swing, hit fade out of the woods, back into the woods about 100 yards up, take unplayable, I've got 125 in, knock shot 4 to 10 feet and actually made a putt, it was straight down the hill, and there was no way to come up short. Again I played better than the score, I've got to figure out this putting thing, some holes I think I've got it, and others I couldn't hit a basketball hoop from 10 feet, really struggling.

Played the back nine first ....The first round started off today with a Birdie, then par......ending the back nine with a 41......Then, we went to #1 and 8 missed a flop shot over the bunker and then sculler the bunker shot followed by a 4 putt....yep, you got it right......virtual vomit after the turn. Struggled to regain my posture, only to follow up on the 16th hole(actual #7 par 5) where I toed my 2nd shot into the grassy upside of a fairway bunker, 220 yards out. I then missed the next shot with the ball going straight up and landing next to me in the bunker.....this ended in a triple....ugh! I ended the round 41/50=91 finding myself 3 strokes back in my flight for tomorrow.

I was 10/13 fairways, 3 GIR and 30 putts.

Maybe I can put two sides together tomorrow. This is a stroke play tournament with no handicaps. If we netted handicaps I would be in better shape. But they don't. There is always talk about guys who fudge their Hcap to play in the lower flights.

I really don't care....I just absolutely love playing this course.