TESTERS WANTED! ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

Guys that I normally play with were up in Austin watching a Moto GP race.  Wanting to get out of the house I went to a local Muni just to get some fresh air.  Got paired up with a couple from Toronto Canada that was RV'ing across North America.  What an enjoyable round !!!  I have NEVER played with a Husband and Wife that "ribbed" each other the entire round.  BOTH of them were excellent golfers and by the 8th hole I was included in the "ribbing".  I ended up inviting them over for dinner and gifted them several bottles of Texas wine.

The wife beat both of us by 1 shot posting a 73.  Great round.

Driver:   :taylormade-small: M3 Tensei CK Pro Blue
3-Metal:: :callaway-small: GBB EPIC, FujiKura Pro Green

5-Metal:  :cobra-small: F-7, FujiKura Pro

Irons:   :mizuno-small: MP-18 SC, KBS Tour 120

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:   RTX-3  52 - 56 - 60
Putter:  EVN-Roll ER-5

Ball :  :bridgestone-small: Tour B XS

Range Finder:  Busnnell Tour-X,  Garmin S20 

Follow me:

@Hula_Rock

I guess I don't really know what's "natural" for me. My first two years playing I hit slices. Second two years I hit draws/hooks. I feel comfortable hitting either one, I just feel like my miss won't be as bad with a fade. I think part of the problem is that I've been swinging so far from the inside that I've lost a feel for what a relatively straight club path is. Yesterday on the range with driver I felt like I was swinging massively out to in but only hitting 5-10 yard fades.

It's not just the club path, but also the face angle.  I know I am a little out to in, most likely due to old age inflexibility.  But most shots are pretty straight because I try to keep the club head as square as I can, for as long as I can.  It's like I am intentionally holding off the club on the follow through.  I have to exaggerate it when practicing in order for it to happen without thinking on the course.  

If you can hit it comfortably either way, then maybe a little more square club face will allow you to control both shots better.  I would love to be able to do that when I want, but since I can't, I'll stick to straight; less trouble that way. 

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

It's not just the club path, but also the face angle. I know I am a little out to in, most likely due to old age inflexibility. But most shots are pretty straight because I try to keep the club head as square as I can, for as long as I can. It's like I am intentionally holding off the club on the follow through. I have to exaggerate it when practicing in order for it to happen without thinking on the course.

If you can hit it comfortably either way, then maybe a little more square club face will allow you to control both shots better. I would love to be able to do that when I want, but since I can't, I'll stick to straight; less trouble that way.

That exactly the feeling I'm working with now. Like I'm holding it off and keeping the face relatively square. It's definitely a combo of face and path and obviously strike. Coming so far from the inside like I was it was just extremely difficult to get it right consistently. Worked on it some more today with good results. Playing in league at the club tonight so we'll see how it goes. It'll be a process I'm sure.

Driver -  :taylormade-small: M1 9.5* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Fairway -   :taylormade-small: M1 5W 19* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Hybrids -   :ping-small: G25 4H 23*

Irons -  :mizuno-small: JPX 850 Forged 4-PW w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Wedges - :mizuno-small: S5 50*07, 54*12, 58*12 w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Putter - Oddyssey Metal-X #7 w/ SuperStroke Pistol GT 2.0

Took a break from taxes and played in our regular Tuesday game today.  Deja vu all over again in regards to Friday's round.  Shot almost the same score, 42/42 84, and felt the same after the round--coulda, shoulda been so much better.  Only made one putt, couldn't hit a 8, 9 or wedge on the green to save my life (almost a month now with this issue), couldn't hit the ball the first four holes.  But still within 3 strokes of my best score in the last 10 years.  Driving the ball better than I ever have (even back in the younger days) and much, much longer.  Hitting my 4 through 7 irons awesome (two great 190 yd 4 irons today).  Six easy strokes left on the course today.  

One more week till tax season and over and I can go try to figure out how to play as well from 150 in as I have been doing consistently from 150 out. 

Not really complaining, love the new swing and results.  

Nonchalant putts count the same as chalant putts.

In my Ogio Ozone XX Cart Stand Bag:

Ping G400 10.5 Deg Driver, stock Stiff shaft
TM Rocketballz 19 Deg 5 Wood, stock Matrix Osik Stiff shaft
TM Rocketballz Stage 2 21 Deg Tour 4 Hybrid, Rocketfuel 80h Stiff shaft 

Callaway Apex CF 16 Irons, 4-P, Stiff Shafts

Scor 48 and 55 degree wedges.  
Renegar 60 Deg Steel Shaft Lob Wedge

TM Ghost Spider Si 38" Counterbalanced Putter

Had a golf trip with some guys this passed weekend to Dancing Rabbit GC. I've been playing very little and it hasn't been going well lately so expectations were low. Got to the course a little early to work on everything and I guess something clicked. I was planning on more of fun boozing round than trying to score but I ended up doing a bit of both. 

Played the Oaks course Saturday and even though my driver wasn't that great(kept it in play but it wasn't great contact most of the time) I ended up playing well. Didn't make many long putts but I did make a ton of 4 and 5 footers so I was pleased. Ended up shooting 73 and prolly should have shot 70-71 if the short game was a bit better. Overall a good day. We went out that night and your boy had a bit too much which definitely took a toll Sunday.

Sunday we played the Azalea course with bent grass greens and my gosh were they fast and in fantastic shape. For 9 holes you would have thought I was a tour pro. Ball striking was unreal, I just couldn't make any putts. Two three putts from less than 45 feet caused me to shoot 36. A mix of bad luck and exhaustion set in on the back 9 and I shot 44 to finish with an 80. Overall I feel like this weekend has been exactly what I needed to turn my game around. 

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

Had a golf trip with some guys this passed weekend to Dancing Rabbit GC. I've been playing very little and it hasn't been going well lately so expectations were low. Got to the course a little early to work on everything and I guess something clicked. I was planning on more of fun boozing round than trying to score but I ended up doing a bit of both. 

Played the Oaks course Saturday and even though my driver wasn't that great(kept it in play but it wasn't great contact most of the time) I ended up playing well. Didn't make many long putts but I did make a ton of 4 and 5 footers so I was pleased. Ended up shooting 73 and prolly should have shot 70-71 if the short game was a bit better. Overall a good day. We went out that night and your boy had a bit too much which definitely took a toll Sunday.

Sunday we played the Azalea course with bent grass greens and my gosh were they fast and in fantastic shape. For 9 holes you would have thought I was a tour pro. Ball striking was unreal, I just couldn't make any putts. Two three putts from less than 45 feet caused me to shoot 36. A mix of bad luck and exhaustion set in on the back 9 and I shot 44 to finish with an 80. Overall I feel like this weekend has been exactly what I needed to turn my game around. 

Sounds like exactly what I need!!!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Ah, one of the spots I want to visit in the near future.

Heard its really good looking courses that can bite ya.

Yall play on a package?

Grip n Rip it

Chicks dig the LONG ball

In my :callaway-small: staff bag

:cobra-small: King F7+ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro White 60 - Graphite Tour X-Stiff

:755178188_TourEdge:  CBX 13.5 3 Wood

:1332069271_TommyArmour:  Atomic Irons 4-AW (reviewing)

:cleveland-small: CG16 Satin 52*

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0 56* and 60*

Sentio Sierra 101-M Putter

Proud tester of the Tommy Armour ATOMIC Irons 

Ah, one of the spots I want to visit in the near future.

Heard its really good looking courses that can bite ya.

Yall play on a package?

We had some vouchers from last year for $50 per round with cart included. I could've stayed with family but just said screw it and we stayed in the hotel on the property. Hotel was nice even though the breakfast sucked. I recommend checking it out. Azaleas course was immaculate and Oaks was solid too.

Yesterday shot 47+41 for 88. The snap hook came back with a vengeance. Yeah, i could play a 25-30 yard hook, but only most of the time. The rest of the time I'm either blocked out by trees on the right, or my hook hits the green like a scalded dog and bolts off the back left.

So i went to the range today to figure out how to hit a fade. Usually when i try to fade it, i hit el hosel rocket. So i go down to the far left end of the range. So far, I'm outside the ropes they want you to stay within. No problem if i hit el hosel, as the range is only half full, and everyone is way down on the right half of the range; the entire left half of the range is empty, except for yours truly, off on the left end. So this guy shows up. Guess where he decided to dump his bucket of balls and hit from? If you said, 10 feet further to my left AND if front of me--Ding Ding! You're a winner!

I just looked at him, then proceeded to hit 50 balls with a slight draw or fade. Not one hosel rocket. Worst shot was one or two fat ones. Apparently he wanted to hit off some fluffy grass that was uncut and not, strictly speaking, on the range. Anyway, it was a good test for me under pressure with somebody practically on top of me to hit quality shots, and work the hook out. Mission accomplished!

Unbelievable round today. Shot +1 and +13 for 86. Had a breakthru with the irons. I was hitting fairways and greens, two-putting along. Started with 6 straight pars, then hit my 9i 146 to 2 ft on a Par 3. So minus 1 after 7 holes. Pulled one left on #8, made double. Parred #9, so +1. Then the wheels came off. I nuked driver on #9 254, and on #10 274. Shanked 9i but made a good scrambling bogie on 10. #11, #14, #15 all blocked driver with penalties. #17 hooked driver ob. Finally hit fairway and green again on #18. So on 3 Par5s, made double, triple, triple. I just started leaving drives out to the right. After the round, i practiced driver until i was sure i could hit it straight again. Played the ProV1x today. It made a huge difference. It was longer, soft around the greens and minimized my hooks and slices. 9/14 fairways, 6/18 gir, 28 putts, 9x 1-putts, up & down for par 5x. So at +14, i shot my hc.

First revision of the year and I'm up to a 9.7 from 9.5 at the end of last year. Not the end of the world.

Shot 83 today. Played pretty well, still getting adjusted to the swing change but things really clicked on the back 9 and I shot 3 over. Had great birdie chances on 15, 16, 17, and 18 but only converted on 17.

Going back out this afternoon for another 18 before the mini member-member tournament tomorrow and Sunday.

First revision of the year and I'm up to a 9.7 from 9.5 at the end of last year. Not the end of the world.

Shot 83 today. Played pretty well, still getting adjusted to the swing change but things really clicked on the back 9 and I shot 3 over. Had great birdie chances on 15, 16, 17, and 18 but only converted on 17.

Going back out this afternoon for another 18 before the mini member-member tournament tomorrow and Sunday.

I'm officially up to 1.2 and it is the end of the world  :angry:

I'm officially up to 1.2 and it is the end of the world :angry:

#scratchgolferproblems #toursauce

#scratchgolferproblems #toursauce

Lol fair enough

Sent from my LG-AS990 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Shot 45+38 for 83 from the back tees North course. Driver missed left x5, every time i tried to kill it. New iron swing is working good to stop hooks, 7 gir. Just got tired. Walked 6.5 miles. 7 fairways, 7 greens, 2 birds, 7 pars, 2 doubles, 1 triple. #hacker

Well we start the tournament golf season tomorrow with out first interclub matches, it looks pretty even on the matchup sheet, maybe we have a chance, I get to play a guy in match play straight up wth no strokes, last year I gave up 7-9 shots in each match I played, should be more fun now that I've got a year under my belt.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

Well we start the tournament golf season tomorrow with out first interclub matches, it looks pretty even on the matchup sheet, maybe we have a chance, I get to play a guy in match play straight up wth no strokes, last year I gave up 7-9 shots in each match I played, should be more fun now that I've got a year under my belt.

Get after it! I've got 2 tournaments next week so it's time to get my game face on too.

Pretty messy today. Ball striking wasn't great, only 7 greens in regulation. Putted ok, but didn't make many. Had a few lip outs, made 4 10 foot putts, problem was only one was for birdie.

:Sub70:  849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 6.0
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

Got out today and played nine at my club. Hit the driver like a$$ all day but was able to recover well since I was so far off that I actually missed in good spots. My club is a bit goofy and has three par 5s in a row and after playing 1 and 2 even made a dumb bogey on three (first par 5). Second par 5 hit driver left of left into the adjacent fairway them hoisted a 3 iron over the tree and rode the hook wind to 6 feet for my first eagle of the year. Next par 5 hit a decent drive, terrible hybrid and a 30 yard pitch from the right trees that hit the pin and rattled out. Birdie on 7 with a 7 iron off the tee from 191 to a foot and I was -3.

Then the bad happened. Hit my tee ball on 8 and from my right elbow down it felt like someone cut my arm off. Been fighting issues with my elbow for well over a year and not sure what is going on now. Limped it in with a bogey on 9 and called it a day for -2 on the front nine.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy mobile app

WITB 2024

Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60g 6.5

M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Sim Ti 22* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Sim2 Rescue 22* Diamana Thump 100x

X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Z Star Diamond

Sounds like you had a good thing going with the misses until your arm fell off.

I'm drinking to forget my round today...abysmal, even with 4 straight pars on the back 9.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Shot 38/50=88 today. Front 9 I could do no wrong with 2 birdies...back 9 I just could not connect

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Sounds like you had a good thing going with the misses until your arm fell off.

I'm drinking to forget my round today...abysmal, even with 4 straight pars on the back 9.

I had the second shot going and iron play. The driver was off the darn map and the elbow certainly did not help. Going to try and hit some balls tomorrow and go see the ortho during the week. Last time it was rest and it should get better.....obviously did not work.

WITB 2024

Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60g 6.5

M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Sim Ti 22* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Sim2 Rescue 22* Diamana Thump 100x

X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Z Star Diamond

Well, we finished the first inter club, team lost 10-8, my group lost all 3 points, I played really well, and putted extrordinarily well, I shot 43/37, 80. I had 2 bad shots on the back nine that cost me my match, 100 yards on 15, chunky fat, lead to bogey, par would have put me 2up, so he birdied 16, I parred, so I went to 17 all square, piped a drive left myself 118, easy smooth 50*, stuck it in the ground and short left into an impossible bunker. Down 1 on 18, both parred, I lost 1 down. Played well l, fought hard, but ended up on the losing end this time. That's golf, we had a great time.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

My wife and I went out late this afternoon hoping that the slowpokes would all be done for the day.  Nope.  But it was 72, sunny and no wind for a change.  I had two birdies and an eagle, and still managed to find a way to shoot 81.  Shows you how poorly the other holes were played today!  

The first birdie came on #4 par 3; miss hit my tee shot and came up 10 feet short of the green with a front pin; chip in.  The second birdie was on #10 uphill par 4; hit 5i to two feet to a back pin.  Even I couldn't miss that one.  The only eagle I have had at my course since I joined last fall was on the par 4 #14 from 60 yards out; pin was all the way back on a lower shelf and I couldn't see the hole.  I hit a half 50* SCOR that landed on the green and rolled over the edge to the lower shelf.  I thought it would be pretty good.  When I drove the cart around to the back of the green, there was no ball by the pin.  My wife walked up the front of the green and said where was my ball?  From the cart I said that it was in the hole.  It was.

What is this abysmal?  Is it anything like Absinthe?   :)

Something like it, but tastes way worse.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Shot +4 and +5 for 81, makes me very happy, especially since I didn't drive, hit my irons or chip well. Putter was smokin' hot: 27 putts with 9x 1-putts, includind some long snakes. 0x 3-putts. Up & down for par x7. 6 fairways, 3 greens, 27 putts, 1 bird, 9 pars, 6 bogies, 2 doubles. Good job of managing my ball strategically around the course, especially with 18 mph wind gusting to 25. Last night i re-read Butch Harmon's Playing Lessons. Sum beatch! I read your book!

Shot 38/50=88 today. Front 9 I could do no wrong with 2 birdies...back 9 I just could not connect

Foz, yesterday the wind was ridiculous. I went to the course, chipped some, then went home. Tough to connect when you're waving like a flag.

Today was a tale of two 9's.

51/38 for 89.

I couldn't do anything good on the front. Nothing felt good. Started the back with a 310 drive down the middle with lil help from the wind. From there everything seem to click and feel good. My chips ran out just right, drives found the fairways. Finished very positive.

Crazy game.

Tazz

Sent using the MSG app!

@bigtazzGOLF on Twitter

Grip n Rip it

Chicks dig the LONG ball

In my :callaway-small: staff bag

:cobra-small: King F7+ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro White 60 - Graphite Tour X-Stiff

:755178188_TourEdge:  CBX 13.5 3 Wood

:1332069271_TommyArmour:  Atomic Irons 4-AW (reviewing)

:cleveland-small: CG16 Satin 52*

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0 56* and 60*

Sentio Sierra 101-M Putter

Proud tester of the Tommy Armour ATOMIC Irons 

Played well today made a 2 bad swings that cost me a few strokes. But the swing changes feel really good. The course I played had the smallest greens I have ever seen. And off the tee was every tight with hazards everywhere. ImageUploadedByMyGolfSpy1460925412.857861.jpg

Ping G410 LST 10.5 set -1* Flat Accra TZ5 65 M5

Callaway Epic Flash 15* set -1 Aldila ATX Blue 75TX

Ben Hogan FT Worth Hi 19* KBS Tour V X

Ben Hogan PTX Pro 4-P KBS Tour V X 2* Flat 4* loft increments

Hogan Equalizer 50* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 X 2* Flat

Hogan Equalizer 56* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 2* Flat

Hogan Equalizer 62* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 2* Flat

EVNROLL ER7 P2 Aware Tour
Scotty Cameron Newport2 Buttonback P2 Aware Tour Grip
Snell MTB-X