TESTERS WANTED! ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

So today was the first time I can remember in forever that I was the worst player in a fivesome. To top it off I played bad too. Our pro was -6 at one point and ended up shooting 69. He said he had never been so mad shooting 69 before. The other was a pro at a different course and he shot 66 today. 3rd guy was a good college golfer and was around par. 4th guy works at the course and plays a lot. He was prolly a couple over.

Lets not talk about what I shot...

Looking back I'm prolly better than the 4th guy. Although it sure didn't look like it today.

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

So today was the first time I can remember in forever that I was the worst player in a fivesome. To top it off I played bad too. Our pro was -6 at one point and ended up shooting 69. He said he had never been so mad shooting 69 before. The other was a pro at a different course and he shot 66 today. 3rd guy was a good college golfer and was around par. 4th guy works at the course and plays a lot. He was prolly a couple over.

Lets not talk about what I shot...

Looking back I'm prolly better than the 4th guy. Although it sure didn't look like it today.

Sounds like the fivesome I played with a few weeks ago. One played in the rotation at LSU with Smylie Kaufman then tried to go pro, club champ, my buddy that played on mini tours for awhile, brother of the club champ that also played on mini tours for awhile. I held my own from the tips with a solid 85. I'm happy about that whereas you would probably be pissed lol

I got a real lesson in distance that day.

Driver -  :taylormade-small: M1 9.5* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Fairway -   :taylormade-small: M1 5W 19* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Hybrids -   :ping-small: G25 4H 23*

Irons -  :mizuno-small: JPX 850 Forged 4-PW w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Wedges - :mizuno-small: S5 50*07, 54*12, 58*12 w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Putter - Oddyssey Metal-X #7 w/ SuperStroke Pistol GT 2.0

Sounds like the fivesome I played with a few weeks ago. One played in the rotation at LSU with Smylie Kaufman then tried to go pro, club champ, my buddy that played on mini tours for awhile, brother of the club champ that also played on mini tours for awhile. I held my own from the tips with a solid 85. I'm happy about that whereas you would probably be pissed lol

Yea I shot 81 and it's not sitting too well. My driver was off the world bad. Literally nothing went right. No putts dropped for me or good kicks either. Just one of those days.

Honestly man 85 isn't that bad if your not used to playing the tips. Try and play with them more, being around them and watching them will help your game.

I was the longest player in the group and what amazed me the most was the consistency of their long games. They hit their drivers and fairways wherever they wanted. I can't do that unless it's a good day.

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

Strange round, 9 over 81, 2 over on front 9, couldn't hit the planet let alone fairway or green 10 -13.

Got my swing back and parred in from there.

Must have had dyslexia on the greens, hit most putts exactly how I wanted, but couldn't get anything to drop. Had 3 putts and a chip finish 2 inches from the hole directly behind after trickling past on the high side. One of those days.

:Sub70:  849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 6.0
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

I seriously had a dream that I hooked 3 straight drives and threw my driver into the woods. This is not what I want to dream about the night before a tournament.

I seriously had a dream that I hooked 3 straight drives and threw my driver into the woods. This is not what I want to dream about the night before a tournament.

"Stop thinking... let things happen... and BE the ball."

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

2 man scramble today at the club. Played in the championship flight from the tips. We played really well. Never sniffed a bogey. Left a few birdies out there. Shot an 8 under 65. Took second place to a team of two scratch golfers that shot 64. They holed out for an eagle on 17. Still, played well and had a good time.

Finally feel like it's starting to come back together. Got out early so Mrs HighFade wouldn't get upset. Started at 7:15 and walked off 18 at 10:15. Shot 76. Could still make a few more putts but I'm pretty happy. The ones I miss are tap ins instead of 6 footers.

There is no spoon.

WITB
TaylorMade M3
Callaway Diablo 15°
Callaway Diablo 18°
Callaway Steelhead XR Pro 4-W
Mizuno TP-4 50, 54, 58
TaylorMade Rossa Monza Spyder

Played a late round today after a quick nine this morning. Shot even for my 9 this morning and +2 73 this afternoon. Still fighting the driver a lot but the rest of my game is bailing me out. Almost jarred my approach on 17 from 137 which would have made my round.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy mobile app

WITB 2024

Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60g 6.5

M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Sim Ti 22* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Sim2 Rescue 22* Diamana Thump 100x

X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Z Star Diamond

Lsat 4 rounds have been abysmal, none below 90. Nothing working right now. Trying again tomorrow.

But i did have fun today. I went with the grunge look: baggy drab green cargo shorts, skechers, Tampa Rays T-shirt and a white Panama hat with a big black hatband. You should've seen the looks i got from Judge Smails!

Best round at my course this year!!  75, in a 10-15 mph wind.  Started with two birdies followed by a bogey and a double (bad club choice in the wind).  Then parred the next 11 holes; finished with bogey, par, bogey.  +1 front, +2 back.  

I have been struggling with tempo for the last week or two, but today the swing felt great.  I had good speed on the greens and never three-putted; had three putts over 30 feet.  It could easily have been a better round; missed two putts for birdie that were less than 5 feet that were big breakers.

My wife and I play tomorrow at the same time and I am hoping that I am still in the golf zone.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Played in my first member member event at my club this morning. Played with a partner I had never met and two guys that I had never met.

Overall ended up having a good day shooting 75 in 20+ mph winds all day. Played the front in +4 and even on the back. Started my day by topping...I repeat topping my opening tee ball. Recovered okay with a 3 wood to the front fringe and saved par. Trying to get the game in form and had a great time with my partner for the day. Guess I did not embarrass myself too much since I now have a group for the next member member that is a foursome event.

WITB 2024

Z Star Diamond

Posted a 42/42 for a steady 84. Some good things happened with the swing but a couple of unforced errors kept me out of the 70s.

The ole odyssey is still warm and rolling good.

Tazz

Grip n Rip it

Chicks dig the LONG ball

In my :callaway-small: staff bag

:cobra-small: King F7+ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro White 60 - Graphite Tour X-Stiff

:755178188_TourEdge:  CBX 13.5 3 Wood

:1332069271_TommyArmour:  Atomic Irons 4-AW (reviewing)

:cleveland-small: CG16 Satin 52*

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0 56* and 60*

Sentio Sierra 101-M Putter

Proud tester of the Tommy Armour ATOMIC Irons 

Finally broke 90: +9, +7 for ho-hum 88. I was mad because i finished double, bogie, double and mishit several of my last shots. On the positive side, driver was solid all day with a nice, high draw: 10 fairways. I switched back to the Cobra F6s and just love 'em, although i only hit 2 gir. 7 pars, 3 doubles, 1 triple, 30 putts.

It was cooler today, 70* with higher winds, 15-25mph with higher gusts.  I didn't have the same swing that produced yesterday's 75, so it was a struggle.  I had no pars on the front nine, but I did have one birdie and shot +9.  I started the back nine with birdies on #10 and #12, but bogeyed #15 and #18 for even par on the back nine.  So, it was a nice recovery for an 81.  

Why the poor front nine?  Well, I will attribute it to the a-holes playing in front of us; singles but each had their own cart.  One guy was a real jerk; thought he was hot stuff, but he hit the ball all over the place and must have spent 10 minutes looking for his ball on every other hole.  I couldn't get into any rhythm sitting in the cart waiting for every shot.  We came off the green on #6 and drove around the corner to #7.  Nobody there and nobody in sight all the way to the green.  So I teed off; drove to the forward tee and my wife hit.  Then here they came; one from the #9 fairway and the other from the #6 fairway. That happened to be the hole that I birdied on the front; I hit a good tee shot because I didn't have to wait on the tee.

They went directly to the par 4 #10 and we stopped at the turn.  When we teed off on #10, they were leaving the green.  I birdied #10 and my wife parred it; drove to #11 tee where we had to wait again for him to look for his ball.  For some reason they quit after #11 (it's right next to the clubhouse parking lot).  It was clear sailing after that, and my attitude got a LOT better.

Had another costly mid round collapse, even with the card through 10, including a very soft bogey, then proceeded to double the next 2. Ended up 7 over playing of 6 today.

Poor decision making was a significant part of my doubles.

Played with my daughter and an old couple (89 & 80) She started well, but had an even bigger mid round collapse. Was pleased she fought it out well.

:Sub70:  849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 6.0
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

Saturday shot 42/45-87........Using a Fly Z+ with the weight forward, I was pounding my drives with good approaches, just could not putt today.....

Sunday shot 44/45-89......Again, pounded the driver with good approach shots.....could not chip & putt.

My short game is currently in the toilet! :(  :(  :(  :(

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Ball striking this weekend was great. The driver was on so were the irons. Only problem was I couldnt make a putt. I think its mental at this point. The golf galaxy near me has a SAM putting lab. I may make a trip to it

Check out my personal Equipment Blog and Podcast!

Huntingforbirdies.com

Saturday shot 42/45-87........Using a Fly Z+ with the weight forward, I was pounding my drives with good approaches, just could not putt today.....

Sunday shot 44/45-89......Again, pounded the driver with good approach shots.....could not chip & putt.

My short game is currently in the toilet! :(  :(  :(  :(

Practice... practice...practice   :)

This is my busiest time of the year so practice is out of the questions......just have to grind onward.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Played the same course as yesterday when i shot 88. Today +6, +4 for 82. What a difference 6 strokes make! Finished yesterday double, bogie, double. Today: par, par, par, including an all-pro up&down from 90 yards after i duffed my tee shot. 7 fairways, 6 greens, 29 putts. Birdied #1, made 8 pars and just 2 doubles. Tried to concentrate on making solid iron shots, took the longer club, laid up to comfortable wedge distances on Par-5s. 8x 1-putts.

After playing three straight days I took today off for travel and to enjoy the Dominican Republic's finest beer. Playing three straight days starting tomorrow at the Hard Rock.

WITB 2024

Z Star Diamond

Play today with the guys in no wind. Shot 86. So why did I shoot 5 stokes worse today than yesterday when we had 15-25mph wind and 11 shots worse than Sat with 10-15mph wind? Because I'm an amateur and I'm expected to, that's why!!

played 36 this weekend.

Saturday I think my blood sugar crashed on the back. I could not focus at all. Simple things were impossible as I was so tired and had no food I simply mentally collapsed. I've never had anything at all like that before.

Sunday, on better rest and actually eating before I played I shot 88 with the winds picking up to 35-40 miles per hour on the back. Highlight of that was hitting a 4 iron 170 yards into a dead straight ahead wind and putting it to 30 feet with everyone else 20-30 yards short. I had to hit that thing nearly perfect to get it over the bunker but low enough to keep it under the wind.

Driver:   :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 12 Degree

Wood: :callaway-small:  GBB 3 Wood
Hybrid: :callaway-small: Razr 4 hybriid stiff stock shaft.
Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright
Wedges: :vokey-small: 52° 56° and 60°.
All grips are Golf pride grips midsized
Putter (lefty):  Odyssey Metal-X #8 34", stock shaft bent 2° Superstroke grip
Golf Balls:   :titelist-small: 2018-9 Pro-V1x and Prov1s
Shoes:  :footjoy-small:  Dryjoy tours

Played the Hard Rock in Punta Cana this morning with wind and rain. Course was designed by Nicklaus and is a typical resort course with 100 yard wide fairways.

Played most of the front 9 in driving rain and wind and thought I hit it well for a +4 40. Nothing terrible and nothing spectacular. Went out for the back and the rain had stopped for the most part. 7 pars with a birdie and a bogey mixed in to post 76. From the tips at 7,300 yards it was a great round of 76. Now I need to dry off my clubs for tomorrow's round.

WITB 2024

Z Star Diamond

This was the average width of a fairway.

WITB 2024

Z Star Diamond

Played this morning after work with a buddy at the course we'll be playing at for qualifiers next week. Tried to make better decisions today. The M1 hasn't come in yet so I've still got the G. Hit 3 wood on #1. Fairway, GIR, 2 putt par. #2 I pulled driver, hit it left into the woods, take a 7. #3 I hit 3 wood again, fairway, GIR, 2 putt par. #4 par 3 I make a bogey, no big deal. #5 I pull driver again, hook it into the water. Re-tee, hook another one into the water. Go get another ball, hit 3 wood, hit the fairway, hit the green, 2 putts for an 8.

The moral of the story is I hit 3 wood for the rest of the day and missed one fairway by a few feet. Played pretty well after that and stayed positive.

Played this morning after work with a buddy at the course we'll be playing at for qualifiers next week. Tried to make better decisions today. The M1 hasn't come in yet so I've still got the G. Hit 3 wood on #1. Fairway, GIR, 2 putt par. #2 I pulled driver, hit it left into the woods, take a 7. #3 I hit 3 wood again, fairway, GIR, 2 putt par. #4 par 3 I make a bogey, no big deal. #5 I pull driver again, hook it into the water. Re-tee, hook another one into the water. Go get another ball, hit 3 wood, hit the fairway, hit the green, 2 putts for an 8.

The moral of the story is I hit 3 wood for the rest of the day and missed one fairway by a few feet. Played pretty well after that and stayed positive.

I hope the M1 works for you.  I think someone, maybe in another thread, said you might be better off with a strong 3W or mini-driver.  Sounds like you are pretty accurate with the 3W and are scoring well with it.