Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

What an amazing weekend! On Saturday we registered 52 players for our weekly game, the most we have ever had. I started out with a decent front nine (43). With 2 doubles, thinking that I would not win, but only be a contributor. Well, that is when things got interesting. I birdied #10, then #11, then bogeyed #12 & Parred #13 . then made a Birdie on the Par 3, #15, then a Bogey on #16, followed by birdies on #17 & #18!....5 Birdies on the back nine, giving me a 3 under 33 on the back. My score was 43/33=76 with 36 Points! The +13 points yielded First Place. ...$154. Well that was pretty amazing until we realized that there were 44 total birdies, but there were no Skins! Every birdie was cut. I have not seen this in the 16 years I have been running a weekly game! To be fair, we took the Skin money and paid $5 for each birdie......it seemed to be the fair thing to do.( so I got another $25).

This was validated today with a solid 40/41=81 on Sunday.....(no birdies, but a $25 win).

So I simply had an amazing couple rounds of golf!

21b74731-720e-4e05-aa98-e3da7af5c414_zps

Great play, Foz.  And here I was all impressed with myself for my first ever 3 birdie round.  

Nonchalant putts count the same as chalant putts.

In my Ogio Ozone XX Cart Stand Bag:

Ping G400 10.5 Deg Driver, stock Stiff shaft
TM Rocketballz 19 Deg 5 Wood, stock Matrix Osik Stiff shaft
TM Rocketballz Stage 2 21 Deg Tour 4 Hybrid, Rocketfuel 80h Stiff shaft 

Callaway Apex CF 16 Irons, 4-P, Stiff Shafts

Scor 48 and 55 degree wedges.  
Renegar 60 Deg Steel Shaft Lob Wedge

TM Ghost Spider Si 38" Counterbalanced Putter

BTW no golf here the next couple of days. Tropical storm is moving through with tons of rain. That's too bad because I was supposed to play tomorrow. The only good thing is that it means they will push back the green aerification until next Monday and I'm playing Friday. :)

Sent from my VS986 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Rev--we're getting the same storm you are, 5 hours later (we've already had 2 inches).  Our rain is supposed to end at 7 am.  They pushed our tee times back half an hour to 9:05.  You sure you're not able to play??  Although, I do remember you saying that the Bayou is vulnerable to heavy rains and flooding (hence the name??)

Rev--we're getting the same storm you are, 5 hours later (we've already had 2 inches). Our rain is supposed to end at 7 am. They pushed our tee times back half an hour to 9:05. You sure you're not able to play?? Although, I do remember you saying that the Bayou is vulnerable to heavy rains and flooding (hence the name??)

Jax, Being on the eastern side of the storm, the rains will continue long after it passes thru tonight. I had a semi-annual tourney scheduled for Tuesday, but we decided to postpone it a week. The group at The Babe are mostly seniors so they don't want to play in the rain. Got my annual 24 man buddy trip planned for Thurs-Sunday in Kissimmee....we should have good weather.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

What an amazing weekend! On Saturday we registered 52 players for our weekly game, the most we have ever had. I started out with a decent front nine (43). With 2 doubles, thinking that I would not win, but only be a contributor. Well, that is when things got interesting. I birdied #10, then #11, then bogeyed #12 & Parred #13 . then made a Birdie on the Par 3, #15, then a Bogey on #16, followed by birdies on #17 & #18!....5 Birdies on the back nine, giving me a 3 under 33 on the back. My score was 43/33=76 with 36 Points! The +13 points yielded First Place. ...$154. Well that was pretty amazing until we realized that there were 44 total birdies, but there were no Skins! Every birdie was cut. I have not seen this in the 16 years I have been running a weekly game! To be fair, we took the Skin money and paid $5 for each birdie......it seemed to be the fair thing to do.( so I got another $25).

This was validated today with a solid 40/41=81 on Sunday.....(no birdies, but a $25 win).

So I simply had an amazing couple rounds of golf!

21b74731-720e-4e05-aa98-e3da7af5c414_zps

On memorial weekend Saturday we played our regular game and there was 1 skin that paid out, we had 24 players so we had about 20 birdies or so, then on Monday when we played we had 20 players and about 20 birdies and we paid out 11 skins. To have 44 birdies and not pay out anything is crazy. We have some holes that almost always pay out when birdied and even those got cut on Saturday. Great round there on the back nine.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

Jax, Being on the eastern side of the storm, the rains will continue long after it passes thru tonight. I had a semi-annual tourney scheduled for Tuesday, but we decided to postpone it a week. The group at The Babe are mostly seniors so they don't want to play in the rain. Got my annual 24 man buddy trip planned for Thurs-Sunday in Kissimmee....we should have good weather.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Foz, Rev.  Ok, just rechecked the hourly forecast.  In the hour or so since my last post, the forecast has been revised so our rain won't end until 3 pm.  Guess I'll be joining you under cover of shelter tomorrow!

We've had 6 inches of rain today. The crusher though is that the worst of the wind and rain hit at high tide and the wind was pushing straight up Tampa Bay. Lots of flooding here.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Flew into San Jose this morning and played the Tournament course at Coyote Springs - a Nicklaus designed course south of San Jose.

Shot +1 on the front, +10 on the back. In our circles, that's known as a "Wurzberger."

ImageUploadedByMyGolfSpy1465257970.938390.jpg

ImageUploadedByMyGolfSpy1465257988.905159.jpg

ImageUploadedByMyGolfSpy1465257998.740130.jpg

ImageUploadedByMyGolfSpy1465258011.359269.jpg

ImageUploadedByMyGolfSpy1465258021.493003.jpg

ImageUploadedByMyGolfSpy1465258033.187476.jpg

If I had broken 80, I was gonna buy myself a present...

ImageUploadedByMyGolfSpy1465258067.847915.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy mobile app

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Looking like a wimpy Tropical Storm here so far.  Radar map shows you're done with the rain mostly, Rev and Foz.

Shot a million today. At least it felt like it. Couldn't do anything right. Highlight of the day was the par 5 #17. Pulled my drive right into the trees. Hit 4 hybrid from 229 out to 25 feet pin high. 3 putted for par. Best hole of the day.

Beautiful day and I was fortunate enough to be playing golf. Back at it tomorrow.

Driver -  :taylormade-small: M1 9.5* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Fairway -   :taylormade-small: M1 5W 19* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Hybrids -   :ping-small: G25 4H 23*

Irons -  :mizuno-small: JPX 850 Forged 4-PW w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Wedges - :mizuno-small: S5 50*07, 54*12, 58*12 w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Putter - Oddyssey Metal-X #7 w/ SuperStroke Pistol GT 2.0

Flew into San Jose this morning and played the Tournament course at Coyote Springs - a Nicklaus designed course south of San Jose.

Shot +1 on the front, +10 on the back. In our circles, that's known as a "Wurzberger."

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByMyGolfSpy1465257970.938390.jpg

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByMyGolfSpy1465257988.905159.jpg

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByMyGolfSpy1465257998.740130.jpg

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByMyGolfSpy1465258011.359269.jpg

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByMyGolfSpy1465258021.493003.jpg

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByMyGolfSpy1465258033.187476.jpg

If I had broken 80, I was gonna buy myself a present...

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByMyGolfSpy1465258067.847915.jpg

Do you know the way to San Jose?

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Dude, do you even know what time zone you're in every day? I think you travel more than any life form I know of.....

There is no spoon.

WITB
TaylorMade M3
Callaway Diablo 15°
Callaway Diablo 18°
Callaway Steelhead XR Pro 4-W
Mizuno TP-4 50, 54, 58
TaylorMade Rossa Monza Spyder

Dude, do you even know what time zone you're in every day? I think you travel more than any life form I know of.....

No, I think that distinction goes to Jmikecpa.  It used to be me until I retired last fall with almost 3M miles on Delta and 32 trips to Russia.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Looking like a wimpy Tropical Storm here so far. Radar map shows you're done with the rain mostly, Rev and Foz.

We had 5 inches over night. All the energy for this storm is 200 miles SE of it.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

We had 5 inches over night. All the energy for this storm is 200 miles SE of it.

Sunny here, heading to golf course in 15 minutes.

Sunny here, heading to golf course in 15 minutes.

You're a dog! We had to close out summer camp. Most of our staff is flooded in and there is water in a couple of their homes. And There's still more coming.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

You're a dog! We had to close out summer camp. Most of our staff is flooded in and there is water in a couple of their homes. And There's still more coming.

Prayers for your staff, Rev.......as i was getting into my car to drive to Rocky Point, I got a text saying we were going to have a delayed opening today (10 AM) because there were many employees without power and the Courtney Campbell Causeway was closed.  My commute in tokk and hour and 20 minutes.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Ah, I see not much has changed with Florida, except that it's warmer.  I'll stick to the desert thank you very much!!

104 and sunny today.

Meant to post this yesterday but forgot. Played 36 on Sunday and hit the ball beautifully but couldn't make any putts. First round was from the tips and shot 77 with 35 putts. Highlight was on the par 3 13th from 230 with the wind helping a little. Hit a beautiful 4i right over the stick to 10 feet and made my only putt of the round outside 4 feet. 

Second round I played with some guys that aren't avid golfers but are good dudes. Played up to their box and hit it extremely well but again no putts fell. Shot 68 and it should have been oh so much better. Made 2 bogeys and 1 double thanks to an OB drive. Hit 16 greens for the round. I don't know what my deal with the putter was Sunday but even my 68 took 32 putts. What makes the 32 putts even worse is that I holed out from the rough on 11 from 55 yards for eagle. I counted up after the round and I missed 9 putts inside 10 feet and 4 or 5 inside 6 feet. Also had 6 lip outs on the round. 

All I know is, my birdie ball putting mat is coming out of storage room and going back to use this week. I'm tired of missing this many putts. 

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

So last weekend we had another inter club match, it was a battle from hole 1, it was back and forth with 1ups, and all squares, and 1 down through 12, I made a nice par on 13, 1up, and another nice par on 14, he made a mistake and hit it over the green, 2up, through 14, he knocked it stiff on 15, back to 1 up, then the par 3 16, he hit nice shot to 20 feet, I miss clubbed up by 1 and hit it flush, over the green, bogey, so we went to 17 all square, he hit a bad drive I hit a nice drive, he came up 30 yards short I had 133, easy pw to center of the green, nope it was an easy bladed pw to the right and over the green, I am on range for double from there it is dead back there, from the back of the green the slope is about 5 feet above the hole with the pin at the base of the hill, the only chance I have is to hit the perfect shot, anything else and it's likely a double, I have to chip the ball high and get it to land soft in the fringe, and barely trickle to the green from there it's straight down to the hole. I missed the hole by half an inch and it went 3 feet past, it was probably the best shot I think I have ever hit considering the circumstances, I parred ha bogeyed I went 1 up and then I birdied 18 to win 2 up. This was one of these matches where we both played well, so it was well fought, it felt good to finally take a match to the 18th hole and win.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

Rough day.  First had to figure out if we were playing with TS Colin moving through last night.  We were.  Then, couldn't find my key fob and the backup's battery was dead.  After looking everywhere, couldn't find it, took the wife's car.  With all the looking and switching clubs, ended up getting to starter area 5 minutes before tee off.  No warm up at all.  Second, with all the rain, cart paths only, and my chronic sore right foot for some reason was acting up today, so limping around in discomfort all day.  Then, the play.  Only one bad drive, but only one or two drives I was happy with.  Then, hit a lot of irons thin because with the super wet fairways, it was mentally hard to hit down enough.  Then, with the aforementioned dampness, two chunked chips.  Then, distance control on putting was way off.  Last four rounds (on three different courses) went from very fast, to slow and big core aerated, to medium and small core aerated to today's wet, medium, sandy and small core aerated.  Long all day on the first putts--and FIVE 3 three putts!  With all that, shot 47-43/90.  Until a few months ago, that was the dividing line for me between a good round and a bad round.  Now, I don't think I could have played much worse and that was my score. 

That last bit is my attempt to salvage some good vibes about today's round.

But hey, it was sunny and a good group and a good time, and I was playing golf.

Rough day.  First had to figure out if we were playing with TS Colin moving through last night.  We were.  Then, couldn't find my key fob and the backup's battery was dead.  After looking everywhere, couldn't find it, took the wife's car.  With all the looking and switching clubs, ended up getting to starter area 5 minutes before tee off.  No warm up at all.  Second, with all the rain, cart paths only, and my chronic sore right foot for some reason was acting up today, so limping around in discomfort all day.  Then, the play.  Only one bad drive, but only one or two drives I was happy with.  Then, hit a lot of irons thin because with the super wet fairways, it was mentally hard to hit down enough.  Then, with the aforementioned dampness, two chunked chips.  Then, distance control on putting was way off.  Last four rounds (on three different courses) went from very fast, to slow and big core aerated, to medium and small core aerated to today's wet, medium, sandy and small core aerated.  Long all day on the first putts--and FIVE 3 three putts!  With all that, shot 47-43/90.  Until a few months ago, that was the dividing line for me between a good round and a bad round.  Now, I don't think I could have played much worse and that was my score. 

That last bit is my attempt to salvage some good vibes about today's round.

But hey, it was sunny and a good group and a good time, and I was playing golf.

Feel your pain with the flat stick man. We'll get it figured out!

Feel your pain with the flat stick man. We'll get it figured out!

Hope so!  My stroke felt fine all day, hopefully it was just a bad day of reading and distance feel.  I literally had two putts where I read a couple of feet of break one way and they in fact went the other.  And this is the course on which I play most of the time.  Hopefully just an anomaly!   

Hope so! My stroke felt fine all day, hopefully it was just a bad day of reading and distance feel. I literally had two putts where I read a couple of feet of break one way and they in fact went the other. And this is the course on which I play most of the time. Hopefully just an anomaly!

Yea I felt fine too. Just didn't equal any made putts. Burned a ton of edges and lipped out a bunch. I felt like my reads were pretty good. Speed was off though.

Next weekend we'll prolly putt great and hit it all over the place.

Played on Saturday in Mammoth Lakes at Sierra Star, a beautiful but not too challenging course.  Haven't played a full round of golf in more than three years but have been hitting the range lately and several 9  hole forays.  Par 70 course and shot a respectable 80 with a double on a pretty easy par 3 due to blading my tee shot over the green into trouble.  Otherwise, I was pretty happy with the day.

The Dude abides.

WITB:

PXG 0811 9 degree

Tour Exotics 3 Wood

Srixon 5 Wood

PXG 0311 5-PW

Miura K Wedges 52, 56, 60

PXG  Center Shafted

:travis-mathew-1: Golf Shirts (on me, not ITB!)

I have no idea what I was doing!  

Yes, I was playing golf today, but I was playing differently from my usual game and I don't know why.  I only played 9 holes because the forecast was for wind and isolated TS this afternoon.  I hit drives on two of my most difficult holes on the course into a 5-10 mph wind from from the left that were longer than I have ever hit on these holes.  For me those were bombs! I was 25-40 yards longer off the tee on those holes.  On one par 4 I hit 8i into the green when I usually hit 5i or hybrid.  Now, I have to figure out why I hit the ball better today so I will know how to do it more often.  I made a 10 foot putt for bogey on #9 to shoot 2 over.

A fun round in the mountains today - Coyote Moon in Truckee, CA. What an awesome course!

Was able to put 2 good. 9's together - shot 78 with three DB's, 1 bogey and 1 birdie.

ImageUploadedByMyGolfSpy1465435070.340896.jpg

ImageUploadedByMyGolfSpy1465435081.308428.jpg

ImageUploadedByMyGolfSpy1465435092.708662.jpg

ImageUploadedByMyGolfSpy1465435103.995020.jpg

ImageUploadedByMyGolfSpy1465435118.497045.jpg

ImageUploadedByMyGolfSpy1465435133.247490.jpg

ImageUploadedByMyGolfSpy1465435144.781909.jpg

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Gorgeous golf course Barbajo!